OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I bet Mo, Svi, and Bonga are worth more than their mid level picks.

Again... not trading any of them.

This is just a Lakers fan's valuation. They probably disagree.

I feel optimistic about Svi and Bonga... Mo, I'd need to see more minutes.

These are mostly picks in the twenties in a weak draft.

Our front office would find gems there... but would the Pelicans?

I'm not so sure I'm being that biased.

Of course we are biased. These are OUR guys so we assume the best about them. I'm biased too about our guys. It's just a natural thing.

Oh sure, I'm biased emotionally... but objectively speaking... if the draft is as weak as some say... if Bonga is dominating the G-league... if we see signs of elite shooting from Svi... I don't think it's as clear cut as some who are saying Boston's assets are clearly way better.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I would bet almost everyone disagrees.....2019 mid first round picks hold more value than Mo, Svi and Bonga.

Have you identified three better players in the twenties for next year?

I heard the draft wasn't that strong.

Is Bol Bol even going to be greater than Mo?

it really does not matter about the perception of the draft strength....1st Round draft picks have more value that what are currently considered fringe NBA players. I am not telling you those picks will result in better players, I am just saying the unknown picks have more value. I have not followed many mocks this year....but just looking at the Tankathon mock....

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

I would prefer Ponds, Tillie and Brazdeikis (#26, #27 and #28) over Wagner, Bonga and Svi.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Since Ingram is still on the team, are there any updates on his recovery and potential return to the court?

Heard a reference to how he will be re-evaluated tomorrow but is that to be cleared to start practicing or return to the line-up?

Personally I can't wait to see him back on the court. He is a big piece of the Lakers overall roster puzzle for a successful season. Same with Rondo. Key players are missing and the Lakers are still trending in the right direction.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I would bet almost everyone disagrees.....2019 mid first round picks hold more value than Mo, Svi and Bonga.

Have you identified three better players in the twenties for next year?

I heard the draft wasn't that strong.

Is Bol Bol even going to be greater than Mo?

it really does not matter about the perception of the draft strength....1st Round draft picks have more value that what are currently considered fringe NBA players. I am not telling you those picks will result in better players, I am just saying the unknown picks have more value. I have not followed many mocks this year....but just looking at the Tankathon mock....

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

I would prefer Ponds, Tillie and Brazdeikis (#26, #27 and #28) over Wagner, Bonga and Svi.

Fair enough... but would you say the chasm between the three is large?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Oh sure, I'm biased emotionally... but objectively speaking... if the draft is as weak as some say... if Bonga is dominating the G-league... if we see signs of elite shooting from Svi... I don't think it's as clear cut as some who are saying Boston's assets are clearly way better.

GMs will usually be more motivated by a chance to scout and get THEIR guy. Bonga has been playing well in the G, but there are others who have too.

We instill a homegrown sentimentality about our players that other teams don't.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

GMs will usually be more motivated by a chance to scout and get THEIR guy. Bonga has been playing well in the G, but there are others who have too.

The argument here was that the chasm in assets was vast.

I'm just playing devil's advocate... but on quick glance, it seems the chasm is slight.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

probably not when it is all said and done, but everyone loves to draft to a potential gem. I am not very high on Wagner, actually I have real doubts he is an NBA player, have no opinion on Bonga and like Svi......at the same time, I have really became a fan of Ponds this year....so there would probably be bias in my evaluation.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

probably not when it is all said and done, but everyone loves to draft to a potential gem. I am not very high on Wagner, actually I have real doubts he is an NBA player, have no opinion on Bonga and like Svi......at the same time, I have really became a fan of Ponds this year....so there would probably be bias in my evaluation.

I don't even want to trade for Davis... I just was reading MJST's post and it didn't seem like Boston's assets were all that great.

Hopefully New Orleans thinks like you guys do... because I want to keep the core.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Since Ingram is still on the team, are there any updates on his recovery and potential return to the court?

Heard a reference to how he will be re-evaluated tomorrow but is that to be cleared to start practicing or return to the line-up?

Personally I can't wait to see him back on the court. He is a big piece of the Lakers overall roster puzzle for a successful season. Same with Rondo. Key players are missing and the Lakers are still trending in the right direction.
st8ktacos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Its never been more clear than the last 3 games or so how much we miss Ingram on offense. Too many possessions guys have no clue what to do when LeBron isn't out there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

st8ktacos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Its never been more clear than the last 3 games or so how much we miss Ingram on offense. Too many possessions guys have no clue what to do when LeBron isn't out there.

Remember when Rondo was hurt BI played backup "PG." With BI out we have Lance running backup PG. Yeah.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Feel like I'm in the minority here but I really felt like we missed his presence last night. Besides LeBron, I didn't feel comfortable with anyone else on the floor having the ball in their hands in an iso situation. Kuzma is putting up buckets, no doubt, but he's not necessarily the type of player you give the ball to once the offense breaks down.

BI is the only other player on the roster I trust in that situation other than LeBron. Laker fans are selling him short right now. Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong in due time
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Are we going to get an update or are they still following 2017-2018 protocol and leave fans in the dark and have him come back a month and a half later?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Are we going to get an update or are they still following 2017-2018 protocol and leave fans in the dark and have him come back a month and a half later?

Looks like it. They took 3 days to confirm an ankle sprain so I have no trust in our medical staff
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

They said he's being re-evaluated Saturday morning and could catch a flight to join the team in Charlotte if he's cleared
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

They said he's being re-evaluated Saturday morning and could catch a flight to join the team in Charlotte if he's cleared

who said that? reporters or the coach/coaching staff?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Feel like I'm in the minority here but I really felt like we missed his presence last night. Besides LeBron, I didn't feel comfortable with anyone else on the floor having the ball in their hands in an iso situation. Kuzma is putting up buckets, no doubt, but he's not necessarily the type of player you give the ball to once the offense breaks down.

BI is the only other player on the roster I trust in that situation other than LeBron. Laker fans are selling him short right now. Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong in due time

Any time we lose, it will feel like we missed the presence of a key rotation player.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

[quote="Inverse"]Feel like I'm in the minority here but I really felt like we missed his presence last night. Besides LeBron, I didn't feel comfortable with anyone else on the floor having the ball in their hands in an iso situation. Kuzma is putting up buckets, no doubt, but he's not necessarily the type of player you give the ball to once the offense breaks down.

BI is the only other player on the roster I trust in that situation other than LeBron. Laker fans are selling him short right now. Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong in due time[/quote]

It’s a really good move to let Ingram plays at 2 and let him plays as junior LeBron
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
awntawn wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

who said that? reporters or the coach/coaching staff?

Uhhh??!!

Since when reporters have the power to take teams decisions??
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
st8ktacos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Remember when Rondo was hurt BI played backup "PG." With BI out we have Lance running backup PG. Yeah.

I must admit, I love when BI plays the point. I really think he plays the position well.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
st8ktacos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I must admit, I love when BI plays the point. I really think he plays the position well.

Really? I mean, he's ok at it. I see him turn the ball over or almost turn it over a lot for someone who is supposed to be a PG. Particularly, on the dribble.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
st8ktacos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Really? I mean, he's ok at it. I see him turn the ball over or almost turn it over a lot for someone who is supposed to be a PG. Particularly, on the dribble.

BI has not really played a lot at point foward this year. Last year, he played a lot at point forward (between the injuries to Zo and our lack of depth at the position). He was actually recognized for how good he played from that position. He is having a harder time adjusting to LJ than the rest of our pups. However, I am not sleeping on him as he will be fine. The kid is much to talented not to figure things out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

The argument here was that the chasm in assets was vast.

I'm just playing devil's advocate... but on quick glance, it seems the chasm is slight.

If you ignore the financial aspect (and you are). You would have to make a decision on 2019 first rounders in 2024. You have to make a decision on 2018 second round picks in the next two seasons. That difference becomes magnified if the Pelicans are put up for sale.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

We need him back.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
st8ktacos wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I don't think he's a particularly great point guard and certainly 4th on our current roster, I just think that his mindset at that position is much better and his skills translate so much more efficiently on the court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1501 of 1885
Jump to: