OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1638, 1639, 1640 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
Ingram stans will probably be in denial for another 2-3 years minimum. They will continue to find player comparisons at each age that made the jump. Continue to beat the drum about his length and these flashes of what he could be until he's like 25.

He isn't that guy, and he never will be. Lakers get another star and you need a #3 option? It's Kuzma, not Ingram. Ball could probably fit in as a roleplayer, or something. If Ingram is not coming off the bench, he really shouldn't be on this team anymore. Dude only takes and makes jumpshots when we have large leads. Give Nicolas Batum 14 shots a game and he would put up the similar, if not better stats. That's all Ingram could ever hope to be. Anyone with a sensible eye test can see this.

We get a second star and I'd value Ingram's all around game over an older guy that somehow is MUCH worse in both defense and playmaking.

Anyone with a sensible IQ would realize that other aspects other then scoring matter.

What about the notion we can enjoy both players!!!

Kuz at his ridiculously cheap deal will be kept unless we have a good trade.

BI is coming up on his payday. That's the real ticking time bomb.

No Kuz would be a throwin-in at best in any trade involving BI. Then he will rot on another team’s bench where he belongs where he can commit as many charges as he please (he’s good for at least 1 a game) or when he commits those dumb turnovers on 1 on 4 fastbreaks cos he is allergic to passing. He’s incredibly dumb for an old player who spent 4 years in college.

Good lord.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Brandon Ingram is starting to settle back into his trend of improving monthly as the season goes on

17.9/7.3/3.8 so far but the percentages aren't great

Just need him to replicate some of that (loving the rebounding BTW) with LBJ back. B/c at the end of the day, that's the ultimate calculation.

Yes the rebounding is the biggest improvement. I’m worried his engagement on the boards is directly linked to how much opportunity he gets on the offensive end. Hopefully he keeps rebounding when Bron gets back.

Lebron leads the team in rebounding so I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Hart is a good rebounder, so if we keep KCP in the lineup, maybe BI can grab some of those boards though.

Yea I know the numbers will drop but they shouldn’t drop to the levels they were at when LeBron was playing earlier in the year. I feel like his rebounding numbers saw the biggest change when Bron went out.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Ingram stans will probably be in denial for another 2-3 years minimum. They will continue to find player comparisons at each age that made the jump. Continue to beat the drum about his length and these flashes of what he could be until he's like 25.

He isn't that guy, and he never will be. Lakers get another star and you need a #3 option? It's Kuzma, not Ingram. Ball could probably fit in as a roleplayer, or something. If Ingram is not coming off the bench, he really shouldn't be on this team anymore. Dude only takes and makes jumpshots when we have large leads. Give Nicolas Batum 14 shots a game and he would put up the similar, if not better stats. That's all Ingram could ever hope to be. Anyone with a sensible eye test can see this.

Yeah, I'm sure Charlotte envisioned Batum scoring 9 points a game when they signed him to that max contract.

He would score... but he chooses not to do so...

Must be the sacrifices he makes to fit in with the playoff culture they have over in Charlotte.

Oh wait...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Keep raising ur play Brandon Ingram.

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

[edit]

Last edited by epak on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI was throwing some dimes but unfortunately we cant shoot. He should have had 2-3 more assists

Sounds like potential assists to me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lazlow wrote:

We get a second star and I'd value Ingram's all around game over an older guy that somehow is MUCH worse in both defense and playmaking.

Anyone with a sensible IQ would realize that other aspects other then scoring matter.

No Kuz would be a throwin-in at best in any trade involving BI. Then he will rot on another team’s bench where he belongs where he can commit as many charges as he please (he’s good for at least 1 a game) or when he commits those dumb turnovers on 1 on 4 fastbreaks cos he is allergic to passing. He’s incredibly dumb for an old player who spent 4 years in college.

That moment when you have enough to drink and say, "(bleep) it, I'm not even gonna pretend to be objective, I'm going full stan"
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
BI was throwing some dimes but unfortunately we cant shoot. He should have had 2-3 more assists

Sounds like potential assists to me.

I think it almost evens out.. A few guys hit on some of his assists that I wasn't expecting.. some missed on shots I thought they should have made.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lazlow wrote:

That moment when you have enough to drink and say, "(bleep) it, I'm not even gonna pretend to be objective, I'm going full stan"

Man if that’s the case then Big Bol must be a full blown alcoholic cause this is the norm
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
MJST wrote:
Despite what the thread would lead one to believe, BI has been fantastic these past few games

+1

++1

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Everything considered, Ingram is probably our best asset. His style is like a finesse young Lebron with half of the athleticism and a much weaker frame of course. I think the hope was they would click instantly and Lebron and BI could take turns running things. BI has shown he is not really ready yet. As the season progresses we will just have to see if that can develop in some fashion.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
his game is just so awkward looking. simple layups he would make them look difficult, he just lacks finishing ability around the rim. and why he always settle for weak sauce layups instead of dunk with his freakish long arm?

That's where getting stronger should help in the future.

He loses at least four points a night getting stuffed at the rim... when as he gains more weight and power, he will probably be able to finish those in a few years.

I’m starting to think he’s never going to get significantly stronger based on his lack of progress so far in his career. Regardless, I don’t think that’s his issue. He needs to stop double pumping and putting the ball behind his head. Just go straight up, use your length, and finish strong over players. I think he is scared to get blocked a lot which I don’t understand.

He's going to get stronger IMO. It just will take a lot longer than most but in a few years, I don't think he'll be thrown around like a rag doll as much.

What makes you optimistic about him getting significantly stronger? He’s young but his lack of progress really scares me.

Not meant in any disrespectful way,... but do you not remember a young Tyson Chandler? It took him SEVERAL years to look like. I have more than a bean pole. Now he’s one of the stronger guys in the league. From personal experience as a long limbed person,... it takes time to effectively fill out when you’re all arms and legs. He, like Tyson though,.. looks to have the shoulders to add weight. He’s just going about it in a more natural way.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/tyson-chandler-of-the-new-orleans-oklahoma-city-hornets-news-photo/72916613

For reference this is Tyson at Either 25 or 26 years old. Now you look at him and he’s got a huge chest, strong legs and still manages to be active.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
The age argument is severely overrated in my opinion. Either you have it or you don’t. The difference is opportunity. The so called late bloomers had to work their way to their opportunities before they could show out.

All the high pick young stars (Simmons, Elvis, Towns, Doncic, AD etc) in the league are great irrespective of their age and years in the nba because they have the talent and showed out quickly as they were given opportunities purely based on their draft position.

Brandon and Lonzo both are in the middle of their opportunities now to prove their worth due to their draft position. If Kuzma sucked early on he would not be given a lots more opportunities like these guys are being given.

How many chances are Lonzo and Ingram going to get is the big question before patience runs out. Age has nothing to do with it. Guys like Kuzma make it with a much smaller window of opportunity because their were picked later.

If Kuz was drafted at 19 and sucked for 2-3 years he would be out just like Ingram might if he doesn’t show progress very soon.

This is it right here. Ingram has been given plenty of minutes and opportunities to showcase his growth. Especially now with 3 excellent playmakers to hoop with he would have more than just 1, 30 point game in his career. We would see him take over games and be that guy. Doesn't even need to be high scoring output, we can see the efficiency and skill Simmons brings to the table. We saw Mitchell breakout, and Luka breaking out now.

At this point I don't even think its an emotional thing like Ingram is someones favorite player and they can't admit it. I think there are some hurt Laker fans that can't come to grips with the fact we tanked, chose poorly and got nothing from it. We let a prime Zach Randolph in Julius Randle walk, and are left with a poor mans Nicolas Batum. We lost Dlo but at least we got a player that has shown something in Kuzma. A dog player that has no problem going for it and isn't afraid of the moment. The star player ship has sailed on Ingram. Maybe if fortune is on our side he can turn himself into a high end starter 18ppg starter like Khris Middleton. But ask yourself, do you want to build around that or miss out on other players once the rookie deal is up? For a chance for a player to grow into that?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/tyson-chandler-of-the-new-orleans-oklahoma-city-hornets-news-photo/72916613

For reference this is Tyson at Either 25 or 26 years old. Now you look at him and he’s got a huge chest, strong legs and still manages to be active.

Lol he looks the same
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
The age argument is severely overrated in my opinion. Either you have it or you don’t. The difference is opportunity. The so called late bloomers had to work their way to their opportunities before they could show out.

All the high pick young stars (Simmons, Elvis, Towns, Doncic, AD etc) in the league are great irrespective of their age and years in the nba because they have the talent and showed out quickly as they were given opportunities purely based on their draft position.

Brandon and Lonzo both are in the middle of their opportunities now to prove their worth due to their draft position. If Kuzma sucked early on he would not be given a lots more opportunities like these guys are being given.

How many chances are Lonzo and Ingram going to get is the big question before patience runs out. Age has nothing to do with it. Guys like Kuzma make it with a much smaller window of opportunity because their were picked later.

If Kuz was drafted at 19 and sucked for 2-3 years he would be out just like Ingram might if he doesn’t show progress very soon.

This is it right here. Ingram has been given plenty of minutes and opportunities to showcase his growth. Especially now with 3 excellent playmakers to hoop with he would have more than just 1, 30 point game in his career. We would see him take over games and be that guy. Doesn't even need to be high scoring output, we can see the efficiency and skill Simmons brings to the table. We saw Mitchell breakout, and Luka breaking out now.

At this point I don't even think its an emotional thing like Ingram is someones favorite player and they can't admit it. I think there are some hurt Laker fans that can't come to grips with the fact we tanked, chose poorly and got nothing from it. We let a prime Zach Randolph in Julius Randle walk, and are left with a poor mans Nicolas Batum. We lost Dlo but at least we got a player that has shown something in Kuzma. A dog player that has no problem going for it and isn't afraid of the moment. The star player ship has sailed on Ingram. Maybe if fortune is on our side he can turn himself into a high end starter 18ppg starter like Khris Middleton. But ask yourself, do you want to build around that or miss out on other players once the rookie deal is up? For a chance for a player to grow into that?

Anybody else want to see this Marvel Vs. DC battle of Big Bol and Laos debating over BI? I can’t help but feel like we ALL may get such a laugh at the pure open biased opinions back and forth that together we will turn this into a thread of joy.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

https://www-ocregister-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/www.ocregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/LDN-L-LAKERS-037-11082.jpg?w=978

No way is he the same. Tyson gained significant weight since then. It’s just been extremely gradual.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

One more from his time a Bull

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/93731235967985909/#details?amp_client_id=z11qvr3LesJ28oVay2hADawrHHXpwp13be0ihdJADSEsFwZuaXoqjYsKjm6Cyudr&mweb_unauth_id=fbafbebda78045b3bed8255acbb452eb
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Lazlow wrote:

Brandon Ingram - 2.7 APG, 2.5 TO
Kyle Kuzma - 2.4 APG, 2.0 TO

God-tier playmaker BI is a whopping 0.3 APG better than allergic to passing Kuzma while being the primary ball handler for 11 games now and pounding the ball after draining most of the shot clock off every other possession.

He's also commiting more turnovers than Kuz. ROFLMAO just GTFO
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Tyson Chandler and BI don't have the same body type. Here's some pictures when Tyson was 17 in HS. His arms look just as big as BI's now. Tyson was 225lbs in HS.

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/TYSON-CHANDLER2-576x324.jpg

http://www.socalhoops.com/prep00/0200/nikepics/dominguez/coopertotyson.jpg

http://www.clutchfans.net/images/draft/2001/Tyson_Chandler.jpg
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

I remember reading that BI was a late bloomer in high school. Because he's just not naturally It's really important to keep in mind that not all people age the exact same way. Shaq at 21 vs BI at 21 - obviously a huge difference. BI simply has to get bigger and stronger. But if he rushes it or does it the wrong way, he'll just be prone to injuries. I prefer to remain patient because I think he does have some of the "dog" in him, he just lacks the body.

Quote:
"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

-Jacob Riis
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1638, 1639, 1640 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1639 of 1885
Jump to: