OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1643, 1644, 1645 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
The boys were on tonight. Zubac, Kuz, Lonzo. Bi did not have a great offensive night still managed 5 assists, 11 boards, and all his free throws. With that said, he was key as soon as he got it from the last 4 minutes of the fourth and OT. The guy that was killing us was Paul George and guess who was asked to shadow him to close out the game. Great game plan by Luke.

???
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
The boys were on tonight. Zubac, Kuz, Lonzo. Bi did not have a great offensive night still managed 5 assists, 11 boards, and all his free throws. With that said, he was key as soon as he got it from the last 4 minutes of the fourth and OT. The guy that was killing us was Paul George and guess who was asked to shadow him to close out the game. Great game plan by Luke.

???

take your time, re-read
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

HellCrowe wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

???

11 assists yo
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Roon wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

???

11 assists yo

Lol mb.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

Shaq right now is still a bigger offensive threat than Ingram. **** ingram
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

Horrible first post?
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Horrible first post?

Honestly wonder if some of these aren't just fans of other teams trolling to stir up trouble
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
epak wrote:
Horrible first post?

Honestly wonder if some of these aren't just fans of other teams trolling to stir up trouble

More likely alts of people already here.

Some of the hate is so one sided and similar... I'm thinking it's one person as they aren't even trying to make objective comments.

But I'm sure some are regular trolls as well.

Maybe even a few agents who want to make their client look good at the expense of their teammates.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

Nah i am O.G. fan since 2010 when kobe was at the helm. Caught the game today and BI just frustrate the (bleep) out of me with his inactivity on offense.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

Mustaine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject:

Awful game by Ingram. Just awful.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

So we’ve had three or four posters with just ugly, negative comments with no depth or any type of analysis. The basic “ingram sucks”, “Ingram is trash”, “trade Ingram Now, he has no skill”.

This is why I think this is the most toxic thread I’ve seen since 2001. Like I said in the Kuzma thread,... criticize all you want if you can back up your opinion. But none of our players deserve any type of posts like these because it’s just blatantly not true. They’re all still working on certain aspects of their game.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject:

I am happy that he found other ways to contribute when he had trouble scoring. That's something he should continue to do on inefficient nights shooting wise. Make the right players rather than force iso.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

11 assists and great D, ive heard other young guys be praised for that.....
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

For all those who knock Ingram’s game. You guys do know that if he is in facilitator mode 6+ assist we are 6 win and 1 loss. You can see the offense flowing better.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

The rest of the young core covered for Ingram's lack of offense. He missed several layups and 2 foot shots. On the plus side, he was competent on defense and did gets more than a few rebound and assists. Your shot doesn't every night, but he needs to do better offensively.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to see BigBoi's ass get traded to New Orleans.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
the light goes on in LakersGround

Kind of reinforces our desires to see BI not focus only on scoring. You could tell from day 1 that he had the possible tools to do a lot of things besides scoring, which is still a work in progress.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Ingram sucks. I'm done hoping for the best. His upside is Michael Cooper if he gets his head out of his @ss.

Nicolas Batum ceiling imo.

I can see a Lamar Odom-type ceiling.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
The rest of the young core covered for Ingram's lack of offense. He missed several layups and 2 foot shots. On the plus side, he was competent on defense and did gets more than a few rebound and assists. Your shot doesn't every night, but he needs to do better offensively.

too me ingram was getting hacked on every drive
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
For all those who knock Ingram’s game. You guys do know that if he is in facilitator mode 6+ assist we are 6 win and 1 loss. You can see the offense flowing better.

This stat might be worse than the "when Lonzo plays 30 minutes we are..."

Did you know we're undefeated when we outscore our opponents? 25 and 0 (don't believe me? look it up).

Ingram had a rough offensive game, and I'm sure he'd be the first you tell us that. Looked a step slow. Still, found ways of contributing and made some really nice passes and hit his free throws. And when it mattered played some very good defense on PG.

No need to "find" and cherry pick bogus numbers to find some correlation. His assists were a byproduct of the fact that we shot out of our minds yesterday from the field and in particular from 3. If we shoot to our season averages yesterday, he only has 5 assists and we lose by 20.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

First time in 30 years that 2 21-year olds had double digits assists in the same game. Nice!
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
troy wrote:

too me ingram was getting hacked on every drive

I agree - I didn't think he got many calls yesterday when going to the basket.

BI has to develop the skill of drawing fouls, and I don't mean in a repulsive James Harden or Neymar (soccer) type of way. I think he's overusing the euro step and long-stride to avoid contact, and avoids just enough contact not to get the call, but is not strong enough to absorb that contact.

Think about it, just about every time he drives to the basket, he's euroing his way through the paint, or methodically high/long-stepping himself to the paint.

He'll have to develop the skill of getting a shoulder past a player (which he has no issue doing), and then forcing the opponent to foul him if he wants to get back into position rather than giving up any space by trying to euro/long step his way away from them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

I'm still skeptical an AD trade happens, so barring any big trades, if BI/Lonzo stay, we have two guys who IMO could be future all-NBA defenders. Lonzo is on that path and BI has a few kinks in his defense, but is oozing with defensive potential as a wing lockdown player (which is valuable today).

Even if BI isn't a 25ppg scorer, he can be a top defender, ball mover, and increasingly better rebounder. That's still a great player to have. Forcing him to be a top scoring PPG guy is really pushing him away from what I think his greatest archetype is.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

What are you going to do when shots are not falling. BI showed what needs to happen. Luke’s game plan was spot on. Energy was spent for the first 3 quarters running mostly point. This allowed our players that could hit something some really nice shots. Bottom of the game was spent on defense. It would be nice to have all our guys show up on the stat board but this is exactly what you want and what everyone means to “effect the game in a different way” when your shots are not falling.

If no one was on it on the offensive side, this whole game would’ve been a blowout. Defense kept us in and Zubac, Lonzo, Hart with the hustle! Those critical minutes towards the end of regulation and stopping PG was needed for us to win. BI could have hung his head down low and did nothing else but he did exactly what he needed to do this game.

That’s why I give props to Luke on this win. He adjusted really well to what the team needed during key moments. Whether that was opportune substitutions, getting in players faces, or changing up assignments. It got us the win. This is growth and must be the mindset going forward.

Lebron is getting the ball when he comes back but this is exactly what is needed. Coaches and players adjusting their game to get that W. Now can the players buy in to this every night?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1643, 1644, 1645 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1644 of 1885
Jump to: