OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1658, 1659, 1660 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
drae wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
BI will never be a major piece on a championship team. He brings too many liabilities and refuses to play within his means.

When you actually stop and think about it, you are actually right. You are either a star player that does many thing well or you are a roleplayer that brings something to the table.

GSW have their 2 star players and then they have the best 3 and D player Klay and a lockdown defender in Green etc.

That Miami Heat team had its star players and had sharpshooters, 3 and D players, rim protectors, and Mario Chalmers.

Brandon Ingram isn't a star player. Nor does he bring anything significant to the team. Players like this ultimately end up as overpaid starters on mickey mouse teams or they come off the bench to play against 2nd units.

He's a shot creator, you can pass him the ball and he can create his own shot (because of his length and the mid range). That's incredibly valuable right now on the Lakers because he's our only youngster that can do that. Kuzma is a scorer but he plays his best playing off a playmaker whereas pass the ball to Ingram when the Lakers are in shot clock trouble and everyone's guarded and he can just do a turnaround jumper over his defender to create an opportunity

Lance can do that but he's on a one year contract. Beasley can do that but again one year contract. Rondo same. The only person who's here long term that can do that is Lebron

wrong. kuzma can create his own shot but does better with decent shooters around him so he has space to operate. i'd take a kuzma running floater or pull up 3 any day of the week over ingram's contested midrange jumpers or blocked/fumbled layup attempts.

Taking a pull up 3 isn't creating his own shot, it's taking a shot when the space is already there. Same for many of his running floaters. When someone's right on him, like Tucker, he can't constantly create the space he needs to take a reliable shot.

My point is that Ingram can constantly create the space he needs merely because he can rise over anyone in the midrange. So when something needs to be created from nothing, Ingram's a better operator than Kuzma
I agree that Ingram is better at creating his own shot...he is a better side to side dribbler. But Ingram's dribbling is usually a detriment to the team because it's a slow moving train that crashes the offense. He either speeds up his offense, or learns to catch and shoot if he wants to continue to be a starter...otherwise he is a long Lance Stephenson. And Lance is a better shooter and creates more space off the dribble....he just LOVES to dribble.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Fans want Ingram to break the offense like Kuzma and kcp does to get shots up. This isn't shoot around. Ingram sacrifices to get his team going, play makes to keep his team involved and focused; while consistently playing good defense, but the 1st thing that some of you fans go to in the boxscore is points, while not watching the actual game. I see some BI haters though. Nothing is really gonna change their biased narrative and blind hate.

BI breaks the offense FAR more than Kuzma. Kuz has his moments especially with Bron out but it’s really not close. Kuz consistently scores within the system.

BI is the playmaker and play makes for kuzma (and others). Kuzma has shown to shoot really well, so we need him shooting, it gives us a boost, but BI hasn't even been putting up that many shots to say he breaks any offense. He plays more so in the flow of the offense; While kuzma seemingly feels he is the star and is allergic to passing. That's the reason he got benched vs the thunder.

Per 100 possessions, Ingram shoots 19.1 times and averages 4.2 assists with 3.8 turnovers.

Kuzma shoots 21.9 times and averages 3.4 assists with 2.9 turnovers.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
kikanga wrote:
These are my hopes/expectations for Ingram for the rest of the year.
1) Stay healthy.
2) Figure out how to use his length optimally to challenge shots and rebound.
3) Overachieve in the playoffs by punishing bigs and littles off the switch.

I think all 3 goals are easily achievable. But heck what do I know. I didn't think Lebron was coming last summer.

This is like my boss saying: you have to show up everyday to work.

V high level and v vague expectations

When you criticize a comment for being vague, by being vague.

You're the first person I've seen compare not getting injured as an NBA player to showing up to work everyday at a typical job. Someone has some delusions of grandeur.
I'm sure your job is just like being an NBA player. In your simile am I your boss or am I Ingram's?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

That Ingram take on defense is so odd. He even mentions that it may be positional. Duh. He mentions BI has to guard elite wings. If someone says Hart and Kuz are better defensively than BI, I'm very weary of the person's take. Has he watched the games? Is he going off the stats (which do look bad for BI)? Perhaps the article goes into detail as to why the guy has this stance. I didn't click though. Maybe I will.

I'm OK with his take on BIs offense though.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Ingram lovers continue to bring Kuzma's short comings up to bolster their argument. BI played poorly against the Rockets for 4 quarters, woke up in OT and played well. Nothing that happened changed the narrative about him as a player but those 5 minutes in OT will be blown out of proportion on LG.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
kikanga wrote:
These are my hopes/expectations for Ingram for the rest of the year.
1) Stay healthy.
2) Figure out how to use his length optimally to challenge shots and rebound.
3) Overachieve in the playoffs by punishing bigs and littles off the switch.

I think all 3 goals are easily achievable. But heck what do I know. I didn't think Lebron was coming last summer.

This is like my boss saying: you have to show up everyday to work.

V high level and v vague expectations

When you criticize a comment for being vague, by being vague.

You're the first person I've seen compare not getting injured as an NBA player to showing up to work everyday at a typical job. Someone has some delusions of grandeur.
I'm sure your job is just like being an NBA player. In your simile am I your boss or am I Ingram's?

👎🏼
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
Ingram lovers continue to bring Kuzma's short comings up to bolster their argument. BI played poorly against the Rockets for 4 quarters, woke up in OT and played well. Nothing that happened changed the narrative about him as a player but those 5 minutes in OT will be blown out of proportion on LG.

Why can't you like them both? Ingram is clearly the better all around player imo. Kuz is a better scorer and maybe rebounder and that is what it is.

Why is scoring be used as the only barometer for being decent. If Kuzma was a flat out star at this point I could see the point of this argument. Kuzma still needs to work out some things as well.

Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace were always much better scorers then Prince and obviously Wallace. But do the Pistons win without Prince or Wallace, no freaking way.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

They didnt need Ingram to score for those 4 quarters for the most part. What they were doing was working. I thought Kuz was starting to get tunnel vision even though he did make some nice plays. I didnt really think BI didnt make too many mistakes, if any? If anything what was KCP thinking?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

They didnt need Ingram to score for those 4 quarters for the most part. What they were doing was working. I thought Kuz was starting to get tunnel vision even though he did make some nice plays. I didnt really think BI didnt make too many mistakes, if any? If anything what was KCP thinking?

I agree they didnt need Ingram to score the first 2 and a half quarters (they needed him in the 4th though). And he did have 6 TOs :\

But I also agree with your point above where we can like both guys and appreciate the things each brings.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

I agree they didnt need Ingram to score the first 2 and a half quarters (they needed him in the 4th though). And he did have 6 TOs :\

But I also agree with your point above where we can like both guys and appreciate the things each brings.

6TO's eewww (Ernest P Worrell face) I didnt really look at the stats but I did watch the game. Yeah I thought Brandon had a bad 3rd quarter. But I thought he only played like 4 minutes in the 4th or so, Luke has been doing that the last couple games with him. Im sure he has his good reasoning.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

I loved that three Brandon took with confidence at the end there, cant remember if that was the 4th or overtime? He took it with confidence, it looked really good, the baqll was literally down and popped back out. He needs to take those shots more often imo.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

and kuzma lovers will ignore his 2nd half and and OT performance. Both young guys have pros and cons to their game
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Why can't you like them both? Ingram is clearly the better all around player imo. Kuz is a better scorer and maybe rebounder and that is what it is.

Why is scoring be used as the only barometer for being decent. If Kuzma was a flat out star at this point I could see the point of this argument. Kuzma still needs to work out some things as well.

Rip Hamilton, and Rasheed Wallace were always much better scorers then Prince and obviously Wallace. But do the Pistons win without Prince or Wallace, no freaking way.

Fake news.

How is Brandon Ingram "clearly" the better all around player? What exactly is he better at? Are we still perpetuating the myth that he is this great point-foward/playmaker? He doesn't make any special passes or run the offense decently by any stretch of the imagination. He just makes basic passes to the open man like Kuzma. Ingram might have .5 more assists due to pounding the air out of the ball and monopolizing possession but even so its not impressive. Especially if you consider his assist to turnover ratio is dog (bleep) and almost 1:1.

Is it rebounding? Nope. Is it shooting? Not really. Ingram is actually afraid to shoot 3's and has a lower FG% despite being laughably selective at his shots. Handles? Let's not even go into one of Ingram's weakest aspects of his game.

The only part of his game that is better is his defense. People seem to think because Ingram is mediocore to average at every aspect of the game it makes him this solid all a rounder, thus is better than Kuzma. That's like saying Student A who got 5 C's is better than Student B who got 3 B's, 1 C, and a D.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

Fake news.

How is Brandon Ingram "clearly" the better all around player? What exactly is he better at? Are we still perpetuating the myth that he is this great point-foward/playmaker? He doesn't make any special passes or run the offense decently by any stretch of the imagination. He just makes basic passes to the open man like Kuzma. Ingram might have .5 more assists due to pounding the air out of the ball and monopolizing possession but even so its not impressive. Especially if you consider his assist to turnover ratio is dog (bleep) and almost 1:1.

Is it rebounding? Nope. Is it shooting? Not really. Ingram is actually afraid to shoot 3's and has a lower FG% despite being laughably selective at his shots. Handles? Let's not even go into one of Ingram's weakest aspects of his game.

The only part of his game that is better is his defense. People seem to think because Ingram is mediocore to average at every aspect of the game it makes him this solid all a rounder, thus is better than Kuzma. That's like saying Student A who got 5 C's is better than Student B who got 3 B's, 1 C, and a D.

Ingram is by far the better ball handler and actually makes smarter decisions when creating something from nothing than Kuz. Kuzma makes instinctual passes that come as a result of him trying to score and seeing last minute a pass. BI is actually running the point and LOOKING to create for others.

Do you even post in other threads dude?! Or are you literally just on LG to try and (bleep) on Brandon daily and muck up the thread with repetitive posts that lack any kind of depth or fact.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:

They already have been blown out of proportion. They don't want to acknowledge the 4 quarters he played like some random grocery bagger suiting up and just point out his OT performance. This is like the media proclaiming Lebron the GOAT and sweeping 2009(ducked Kobe), 2010 (quit game) 2011 (meltdown vs Jason Terry), and 2014 (blown out by record margin) under the rug. They know it but they won't admit that if Ingram just played like an NBA caliber player in regulation there is no danger of OT and we just win the game from having a good lead from the rockets role players missing open shots early on.

This is what these people do. He lost us the game but its "you see his OT performance" And they go on about his potential and chalk this up as a "flash", "glimpse" or "preview of whats to come". Or perhaps in reality he made a few shots over a much shorter Austin Rivers and finally contributed to the game.

At this point I believe they are past the denial and anger stage. The Ingram stans seem to be in the bargaining stage where they cling on to any positive thing they can no matter how small instead of being real like most people. Realizing that Lebron/Magic/Pelinka have seen enough and he is not the guy for the now or the future of the team.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:

They already have been blown out of proportion. They don't want to acknowledge the 4 quarters he played like some random grocery bagger suiting up and just point out his OT performance. This is like the media proclaiming Lebron the GOAT and sweeping 2009(ducked Kobe), 2010 (quit game) 2011 (meltdown vs Jason Terry), and 2014 (blown out by record margin) under the rug. They know it but they won't admit that if Ingram just played like an NBA caliber player in regulation there is no danger of OT and we just win the game from having a good lead from the rockets role players missing open shots early on.

This is what these people do. He lost us the game but its "you see his OT performance" And they go on about his potential and chalk this up as a "flash", "glimpse" or "preview of whats to come". Or perhaps in reality he made a few shots over a much shorter Austin Rivers and finally contributed to the game.

At this point I believe they are past the denial and anger stage. The Ingram stans seem to be in the bargaining stage where they cling on to any positive thing they can no matter how small instead of being real like most people. Realizing that Lebron/Magic/Pelinka have seen enough and he is not the guy for the now or the future of the team.

This guy has now gone from Batum, to Posey, to random grocery bagger, just to irritate Ingram supporters... and all he's done is undermine his credibility.

You can tell he has some basketball knowledge... but when the posts start degenerating into biased irrational hate... how seriously can we take these posts?

Keep eroding that credibility... although in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, because you'll just delete the Lazlow account and start trolling with a new name in a few months.

I love all the young players... and will keep supporting them as long as they are on our team.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram is about to step up with all these injury's. People are gonna change their hate, others are gonna continue to try hard to keep hating and I'm a have fun reading the comments.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Define stepping up. Stats don't mean anything if the team loses. If he steps up and is a big contributor to the team winning than that would be stepping up.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Starting point guard tonight.
I think KCP guards Steph though.
And Svi/Hart takes Klay.
And BI is on KD.

It might be a rough team game tonight
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
And Svi/Hart takes Klay.
And BI is on KD.

o lord
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I chalked this game up as a loss a week ago. Regroup for Timberwolves where hopefully at least Rondo's back, James will likely be back around then as well, so we'll have 30 odd games to make a push and entrench ourselves in the playoffs
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hot take Sunday. Sheesh.

These comments are always funny. People think its hyperbole or just overreacting to a single game, but no. This is his body of work and what he brings to the table. This is legit the last year we can get a decent haul for this dude before every GM and their mom writes him off as a Darius Miles.

Please name me a single thing he is GOOD at. Not decent. I'm talking good or great. Like Lonzo is a GOOD defender and playmaker. Lebron is GREAT at
attacking the basket.

Not coming to LG and taking a dump on every poster in every thread with a clear hater agenda against the team he claims to support?

So because I've stated and explained why this team would be better in the now and future by moving on from Ingram it means I "have a hate agenda against this team"?

Perhaps its just people like you getting too emotionally attached to players. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We all want what is best for this team.

No no...you've done a good job of creating your own reputation independent of anyone else. You think this is the first time on LG a newbie came on and acted like he knew everything?

Perhaps you should give up attempting to predict why someone like me would say what I said to you. My only emotional attachment is to my family...this is a game. LG is a place I come to talk about one of my favorite distractions, Laker Basketball.

Walks like a duck...talks like a duck...it's a duck.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
And Svi/Hart takes Klay.
And BI is on KD.

So I went full on Dr. Strange today and saw 14,000,605 possible outcomes usingthe time stone I stole from Thanos (Spoiler Alert)...

We won in exactly one of those scenarios...

Curry retired to work at NASA, KD and Dray got into a minor scuffle during warm ups that forced the team to send Dray home, KD then came out an demanded a trade to where ever Kobe said he would play iin 2007, Klay got stuck in traffic helping his father rearrange his weight room, and Boogie got 2 techs at tip off for what the ref's would later term 'Basketball Reasons'.

#BannersOverBillboards
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hot take Sunday. Sheesh.

These comments are always funny. People think its hyperbole or just overreacting to a single game, but no. This is his body of work and what he brings to the table. This is legit the last year we can get a decent haul for this dude before every GM and their mom writes him off as a Darius Miles.

Please name me a single thing he is GOOD at. Not decent. I'm talking good or great. Like Lonzo is a GOOD defender and playmaker. Lebron is GREAT at
attacking the basket.

Not coming to LG and taking a dump on every poster in every thread with a clear hater agenda against the team he claims to support?

So because I've stated and explained why this team would be better in the now and future by moving on from Ingram it means I "have a hate agenda against this team"?

Perhaps its just people like you getting too emotionally attached to players. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We all want what is best for this team.

No no...you've done a good job of creating your own reputation independent of anyone else. You think this is the first time on LG a newbie came on and acted like he knew everything?

Perhaps you should give up attempting to predict why someone like me would say what I said to you. My only emotional attachment is to my family...this is a game. LG is a place I come to talk about one of my favorite distractions, Laker Basketball.

Walks like a duck...talks like a duck...it's a duck.

Do you even read before you post? I'm not acting like I know everything at all. I legitimately asked for you and others to point out ONE thing he is a good at. Instead of doing this you just lash out and toss out petty insults.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Define stepping up. Stats don't mean anything if the team loses. If he steps up and is a big contributor to the team winning than that would be stepping up.

So if Ingram had 30/10/7 tonight and we lost by 3 he didn't 'step up' in your opinion?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1658, 1659, 1660 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1659 of 1885
Jump to: