OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1732, 1733, 1734 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
governator wrote:
BI's game actually look like Kobe's, just not as skilled

This is like saying a pile of feces looks like a super model, just not nearly as attractive.

Cmon RG
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Closest BI came to mamba:

Does almost nothing in the first 4 quarters and then hits tough bucket after bucket in overtime, only for KCP to jack up a horrible shot.

We need more of this from him. It's all about his mentality.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

This is a bannable post IMO
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
governator wrote:

This is a bannable post IMO

I don't see anything wrong with that post.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't see the big deal.. He does play like Kobe in the sense that he tries to generate offense between the 3 point line and the basket. His game clearly isn't as refined and polished but does that really need to be said? It's so obvious that it doesn't need to.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Well seeing as though he said he mostly patterned his gane after kobe and would often be told that’s who he played like on playgrounds,.. it’s not a surprise. He’s like,... a garbage pail kids version of kobe.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
BI is an anomaly wrapped in a paradox. I don't quite understand what he's trying to become because he's not excelling at one thing consistently.

He's got handles for his size, floor vision, decent short-range game. But in today's NBA he's got to stretch the floor for the previous things mentioned to work.

I think his development is slowed somewhat by his physical profile. So he cannot just improve at everything to an elite level all at once. He still needs to get stronger so he can use all his skills all game long while battling against other elite athletes.

But he's getting there. He just needs more time.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Well seeing as though he said he mostly patterned his gane after kobe and would often be told that’s who he played like on playgrounds,.. it’s not a surprise. He’s like,... a garbage pail kids version of kobe.

Ingram actually shoots better than Kobe... although I've been told that doesn't matter because Kobe shot worse during a worse shooting era.

Bottom line still is that he shoots better than Kobe from the field.

So although his game is ugly and he doesn't have Kobe's athleticism... remember that Kobe's lifetime eFG% is 48.2%

Ingram's is 50.2% this season.

Kobe never got to 50.2% until he was 28. His peak shooting year was that amazing season before he tore his Achilles. His eFG%? 50.4%

So you can say that Ingram's game is no longer relevant in 2019... but for those of you who like to call him trash... remember that at 21 years old he already shoots better than Kobe from the field... and he has years to master the three ball and gain strength to finish at the rim.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Kava wrote:
BI is an anomaly wrapped in a paradox. I don't quite understand what he's trying to become because he's not excelling at one thing consistently.

He's got handles for his size, floor vision, decent short-range game. But in today's NBA he's got to stretch the floor for the previous things mentioned to work.

I think his development is slowed somewhat by his physical profile. So he cannot just improve at everything to an elite level all at once. He still needs to get stronger so he can use all his skills all game long while battling against other elite athletes.

or get on whatever LeBron has been taking for years
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Kava wrote:

I think the issue is how he is developing and I put a big chunk of blame our this team for no having no solid player development program for our young core.
Imagine if instead of him spending a large amount of time working on mid range fadeaways and such he worked on building up his 3 point shooting and ability to slash from there and finish in the paint... to basically be a Kuzma on offense with a better 3 point shot and much better defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Kava wrote:

I think the issue is how he is developing and I put a big chunk of blame our this team for no having no solid player development program for our young core.
Imagine if instead of him spending a large amount of time working on mid range fadeaways and such he worked on building up his 3 point shooting and ability to slash from there and finish in the paint... to basically be a Kuzma on offense with a better 3 point shot and much better defense.

Don’t think that’s realistic
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

If BI shot and made more 3s, it would considerably open up his slashing game. Right now teams give him space to shoot and rightfully calculate that he won't shoot that 3. If he realized that it would actually open things up for him, maybe he would address the 3 point attempts issue.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Kava wrote:

Don’t think that’s realistic

if our barometer of BI is to be a better version of Kuzma..then yeah were in big trouble. We probably already are
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If BI shot and made more 3s, it would considerably open up his slashing game. Right now teams give him space to shoot and rightfully calculate that he won't shoot that 3. If he realized that it would actually open things up for him, maybe he would address the 3 point attempts issue.

And the thing is even without that improvement in outside shooting, he can still be a relatively efficient scorer if he just hits his FTs. Throw in some better decision-making and playmaking, which he has shown an ability to do in stretches, and now you're talking about a solid offensive player overall.

The three-ball would take him to another level, borderline to actual All-Star. It just may not come until his second contract (or with the Lakers), though, unfortunately for us and our extremely impatient FO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And the thing is even without that improvement in outside shooting, he can still be a relatively efficient scorer if he just hits his FTs. Throw in some better decision-making and playmaking, which he has shown an ability to do in stretches, and now you're talking about a solid offensive player overall.

The three-ball would take him to another level, borderline to actual All-Star. It just may not come until his second contract (or with the Lakers), though, unfortunately for us and our extremely impatient FO.

It's a mindset issue. To me, it seems his first reflex is to drive the ball rather than shoot it.

You can sense the hesitancy on that wide open jumper for that nanosecond.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If BI shot and made more 3s, it would considerably open up his slashing game.

That's also mainly due to his lack of strength. But of course, an improved 3 would open up the slashing. Also being able to be balanced and get the first step on people and understanding how to properly utilize his length would help his slashing game as well.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Nail on head!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If BI shot and made more 3s, it would considerably open up his slashing game.

That's also mainly due to his lack of strength. But of course, an improved 3 would open up the slashing. Also being able to be balanced and get the first step on people and understanding how to properly utilize his length would help his slashing game as well.

Yup. That first step is usually against an opponent who has already given him space b/c they calculate that he's not taking the open 3.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's a mindset issue. To me, it seems his first reflex is to drive the ball rather than shoot it.

You can sense the hesitancy on that wide open jumper for that nanosecond.

Blatantly visible he’s scared to shoot a lot of pretty open 3s
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Barring a trade, BI will wind up on Charlotte when we refuse to extend him me thinks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Barring a trade, BI will wind up on Charlotte when we refuse to extend him me thinks

not really an option....we either trade him or extend him....you do not allow young assets with value to walk away like we did with Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
22 wrote:

not really an option....we either trade him or extend him....you do not allow young assets with value to walk away like we did with Randle.

Agreed but that's exactly what happened with Randle and this FO doesn't strike me as one that learns from their mistakes...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I like when BI is getting buckets.
But it's the little things that drives me nuts at times, like missing a wide open Bullocks at the end of the quarter. Once he tightens up the little things, I think we'll be pleased.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
22 wrote:

This front office has shown a penchant of giving away and wasting assets. Wouldn't put it past them.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I like when BI is getting buckets.
But it's the little things that drives me nuts at times, like missing a wide open Bullocks at the end of the quarter. Once he tightens up the little things, I think we'll be pleased.

* he may never tighten up the little things *
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1732, 1733, 1734 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1733 of 1885
Jump to: