OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1794, 1795, 1796 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I really hope his agent isn't just spouting fake crap

If he does he will get fired...

No he wouldn't. He's Ingram's agent, his job is to make Ingram look good in every way.

I don't think he's lying but you're crazy if you think he's out here saying anything that Ingram's not fully on board with.

There are many instances of agents getting fired cause they aren’t doing there job, in this scenarios if he’s saying the good vibes to mess with fans, then he is eligible to lose his job.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I really hope his agent isn't just spouting fake crap

If he does he will get fired...

No he wouldn't. He's Ingram's agent, his job is to make Ingram look good in every way.

I don't think he's lying but you're crazy if you think he's out here saying anything that Ingram's not fully on board with.

There are many instances of agents getting fired cause they aren’t doing there job, in this scenarios if he’s saying the good vibes to mess with fans, then he is eligible to lose his job.

Wtf

He's hired by Brandon Ingram, the only one that can make him eligible to lose his job is Brandon Ingram. As long as Ingram signs off on what he's saying, he can say anything and not lose his job.

Those agents get fired because they're not doing a good job according to the player that hired them. In this case, there is nothing he's saying that Ingram would have a problem with.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26281414/ingram-expected-ready-next-season
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1zghFxUkAAs8Sw.jpg
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Well let’s hoe BI is taken care of in surgery and comes back stronger for it.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

He'll have nights where he doesn't appear to be ready, but he's the "second option" this team needs.

The mkre i think about the more it becomes clear that the Lakers need to use their capspace on a stone shooter who can be the "third option" to compliment and effectively space the floor for James and Ingram.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Glad to hear, but he was always expected to make a full recovery. The question is if this is a one off or will this be a reoccurring issue. A second one would be career and life threatening. Either case get well soon.

Shams said if everything goes well he won’t have recurring issues again..

No such guarantee can be made.

Nothing in life is guaranteed, but you do understand the difference based on cause?

If he had clotting issues, his career would basically be over.

So you're saying something that happened once, they're guaranteeing will not happen again?

Makes sense to you?

Who guaranteed anything?

Structural issues can be resolved with surgery= much lower risk of recurrence.

Hematologic issues (related to the blood) are much more likely to recur and he would need to be on life-long blood thinners.

It's not that complicated.

Cool

1) “He won’t have recurring issues”

2) “Much lower risk of recurrence”

2 different statements

I responded to the first statement, not the 2nd

Also, who’s to say he doesn’t have structural issues in other parts of his body?

It’s not like they knew about this structural issue before it happened.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Be strong BI.

Eat your greens.

I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.

Kale and spinach helps prevent unwanted clotting.

Ironically when I was on thinners they were two of the things I had to avoid or at least eat in very controlled amounts because of vitamin k. lol

Anyway needless to say everything I’ve been reading about Brandon makes me extremely happy
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
mans gone be healthy enough to flex on these hoes once again in no time bby

You’re the best my dude.

d'aww thanks fam
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Whoa a ghost is back.

U better have had passed ur bar by now

not even gone lie to you my G

I took a big ole L the first go around

but I was totally putting off some eye stuff that I got fixed in the interim

so now im back to kill this here test with 20/90 vision

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Whoa a ghost is back.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Be strong BI.

Eat your greens.

I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.

Ironically when I was on thinners they were two of the things I had to avoid or at least eat in very controlled amounts because of vitamin k. lol

Anyway needless to say everything I’ve been reading about Brandon makes me extremely happy

That was the old school belief.

It was found out that it was better/safer to have a steady supply of vitamin K on the diet than to skimp some days and one day have plenty of the stuff.

Having regular vit. K on the diet stabilizes your INR or your coagulation profile.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Be strong BI.

Eat your greens.

I'm strong to the finich
Cause I eats me spinach.

That was the old school belief.

It was found out that it was better/safer to have a steady supply of vitamin K on the diet than to skimp some days and one day have plenty of the stuff.

Having regular vit. K on the diet stabilizes your INR or your coagulation profile.

..no symptoms*

* Cologuard instead of Kale
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I forgot what the exact number was, but I remember for a large part of his season we had the comment about "Ingram isn't a scorer, he's scored over 26 over two times in college and his NBA career combined". His last couple of games scoring wise: 27,29,32,23,31 and 25.

This is the second season in a row where in the second half, he went out and did everything that this thread said he wouldn't do in the first half of the season (including myself). In his last healthy post ASB stretch, he's out performed any stretch by any player we've drafted since 2015.

I can't wait to see him next season, on the Lakers.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I forgot what the exact number was, but I remember for a large part of his season we had the comment about "Ingram isn't a scorer, he's scored over 26 over two times in college and his NBA career combined". His last couple of games scoring wise: 27,29,32,23,31 and 25.

This is the second season in a row where in the second half, he went out and did everything that this thread said he wouldn't do in the first half of the season (including myself). In his last healthy post ASB stretch, he's out performed any stretch by any player we've drafted since 2015.

I can't wait to see him next season, on the Lakers.

Can't play the 2..

Should come off the bench for Hart.

Should come off the bench for Kuz.

Should start the season off on the bench or get traded cause he doesn't fit with Bron.

Too slow to guard perimeter players.

Still heard murmurings of "what is he actually good at?" during and prior to the season.

Kid has done "everything" he's been asked to do.. filled every role thrown at him.

If I were one of those on the fence in regards to Ingram, I'd now be apprehensive about stating what he can't and won't do.. Or boxing him into some archetype.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping for the best, but as with any surgery, there are concerns.

1) I wonder if his shoulder will be the same and have the same range of motion after the surgery. This will be the tricky part, but we'll find out in the first 10-15 games of next season (assuming he's healthy).

2) They'll need to identify all the whys and hows of he developed DVT. Compression is what they say, but it seems to me like they addressed the symptom and not the root cause. How did that area get compressed? Why was blood flow limited in that area? Overexertion, overuse are a few factors, but what about posture? Diet? The medical, training and nutritional staff will have to do their homework on this.
pray4ingram
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

watchME here

Just wanted to share with you guys since I recently went thrugh the same thing as Ingram. DVT, Pulmonary Embolism and finally Cervical Rib removal.

It was literally the worst time of my life. I could not carry anything more than 10lb for like 3 months, and even doing things such as using my laptop or w/e would make my hand very red/purple. I knew my hand was fine but it got to my head and I started to feel like my life was over at least physically. After 8 months I'm back to lifting weights and doing push ups...HOWEVER. I doubt Ingram will ever have a consistent jumper after this.

Posture caused this issue for me and I'm almost sure it did for Ingram too. Many people who have growth sports get this because their body doesn't grow the right way...Anyways. Good luck Ingram... I mean it.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

pray4ingram wrote:
watchME here

Just wanted to share with you guys since I recently went thrugh the same thing as Ingram. DVT, Pulmonary Embolism and finally Cervical Rib removal.

It was literally the worst time of my life. I could not carry anything more than 10lb for like 3 months, and even doing things such as using my laptop or w/e would make my hand very red/purple. I knew my hand was fine but it got to my head and I started to feel like my life was over at least physically. After 8 months I'm back to lifting weights and doing push ups...HOWEVER. I doubt Ingram will ever have a consistent jumper after this.

Posture caused this issue for me and I'm almost sure it did for Ingram too. Many people who have growth sports get this because their body doesn't grow the right way...Anyways. Good luck Ingram... I mean it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. However, I haven't heard from any single report that Ingram had his rib removed. Also, Ingram never had PE like in your situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

pray4ingram wrote:
watchME here

We will pray for you too. Get well.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

pray4ingram wrote:
watchME here

Thanks for sharing. Glad you've found some semblance of normalcy after the surgery. How long were you on blood thinners? Was yours an upper extremity DVT?

This is one of my biggest concerns with BI. There are people who have the surgery, but are never the same afterwards. They can still do the same activities, but the strength, range of motion are significantly altered. BI's jumper was looking pretty smooth after the all-star break. I wonder if he'll have to tweak it next season.

I'm in full agreement that the bodies of modern players aren't developing properly, for whatever reason. Could be diet, environment, stress etc. A lot of these young cats have posture issues, which is probably the result of cell phone usage. Look at the range of injuries to guys like Ball, Hart. This isn't normal IMO. What happened to Fultz is pretty tragic as well.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
There are people who have the surgery, but are never the same afterwards.

stop already...this was day surgery

I can see some here have never dealt with medical problems that are truly severe
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I can see some here have never dealt with medical problems that are truly severe

Oh, I'm optimistic about BI. Don't get me wrong -- he's young and he'll recover more likely than not, but my trust in the medical profession and their ability to identify the root cause is at an all time low. I've been the recipient of 2-3 medical errors that set my life back 5-6 years. Errors in diagnosis and treatment are shockingly common (https://www.bettycjung.net/BG2016/BMJNCHSLeadingDeathCauses.jpg)

He has his work cut out for him.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Oh, I'm optimistic about BI. Don't get me wrong -- he's young and he'll recover more likely than not, but my trust in the medical profession and their ability to identify the root cause is at an all time low. I've been the recipient of 2-3 medical errors that set my life back 5-6 years. Errors in diagnosis and treatment are shockingly common (https://www.bettycjung.net/BG2016/BMJNCHSLeadingDeathCauses.jpg)

Don't even want to go there...believe me...when you have to tell the Urologist what the problem is with a loved one because the doctor was busy playing Reserve Soldier war games and didn't have time to think it through ... that's just one story off the top of my head...I've got a few more
(I haven't been to a doctor in 40 years for myself...don't like them)

again...this was day surgery where the most dangerous thing would probably be the anestesia

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Don't even want to go there...believe me...when you have to tell the Urologist what the problem is with a loved one because the doctor was busy playing Reserve Soldier war games and didn't have time to think it through ... that's just one story off the top of my head...I've got a few more
(I haven't been to a doctor in 40 years for myself...don't like them)

again...this was day surgery where the most dangerous thing would probably be the anestesia

I feel you on that.

Only time will tell... in the meantime, I'll remain cautiously optimistic about BI and his future.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Whoa a ghost is back.

Haha good luck anphy
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I’m glad the BI message board isn’t a battle ground these days. Three years of constant hate on the kid has completely turned me off to advanced analytics (or the use of to try and prove BI was a bust). BI is a notoriously slow starter. Hopefully they won’t be out in full force when he’s off to a slow start next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1794, 1795, 1796 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1795 of 1885
Jump to: