OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1804, 1805, 1806 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Bi damn near elite percentages from mid range. He was also top 10 as an iso scorer. He became a terrific cutter late in the season.

And for those who say LBj will have the ball most of the time, I’ve got to disagree. Bi had become much heavier ball handling (bron was often grading him to run the offense through)

If Lonzo is still around and they get another max or near max FA his touches will drastically decrease and Brons won’t. I also think Bron packed it in pretty early on so I’m not sure that’s indicative of how things will be next year.

You say that, but why would his touches decrease so much when he’s shooting an elite percentage for mid and top 10 as a isolation scorer. If anything I’d expect lebrons touches to begin lowering. You act as if a BI wasn’t in the same situation this year playing third option behind BI/Kuz and third or fourth ballhandler behind bron, lonzo& rondo.

Aren’t you one of the people who was calling for him to go to the bench for Josh Hart? Forgive me if I don’t take you opinion in the matters of BI too seriously.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Bi damn near elite percentages from mid range. He was also top 10 as an iso scorer. He became a terrific cutter late in the season.

And for those who say LBj will have the ball most of the time, I’ve got to disagree. Bi had become much heavier ball handling (bron was often grading him to run the offense through)

If Lonzo is still around and they get another max or near max FA his touches will drastically decrease and Brons won’t. I also think Bron packed it in pretty early on so I’m not sure that’s indicative of how things will be next year.

You say that, but why would his touches decrease so much when he’s shooting an elite percentage for mid and top 10 as a isolation scorer. If anything I’d expect lebrons touches to begin lowering. You act as if a BI wasn’t in the same situation this year playing third option behind BI/Kuz and third or fourth ballhandler behind bron, lonzo& rondo.

Aren’t you one of the people who was calling for him to go to the bench for Josh Hart? Forgive me if I don’t take you opinion in the matters of BI too seriously.

While in losing efforts. I expect his touches to drop and not LeBrons. There’s legitimate questions regarding idea that he often posts empty stats. He put up those numbers while other guys were injured and we were losing.

Yes or a variety other 3 and D off ball SGs. That’s so he can run the second unit and we get a better fit in the starting lineup. In most situations I would still want BI to play more minutes especially if Hart is the replacement.

You’re forgiven. I can lead a horse to water but I can’t make it drink.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

While in losing efforts. I expect his touches to drop and not LeBrons. There’s legitimate questions regarding idea that he often posts empty stats. He put up those numbers while other guys were injured and we were losing.

Yes or a variety other 3 and D off ball SGs. That’s so he can run the second unit and we get a better fit in the starting lineup. In most situations I would still want BI to play more minutes especially if Hart is the replacement.

Trust me, I ask for no forgiveness. You’ve been a blatant BI hater for some time now dude. Like I said, I’ll take what you have to say about BI with a grain of salt.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

This thread and throwing in petty personal remarks in the middle of actual debates, name a better combo
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
This thread and throwing in petty personal remarks in the middle of actual debates, name a better combo

Paul George and unfinished business.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Lets let Ingram heal, and see what we got. Time to back off the bus, lets see what we have when training camp starts.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Lets let Ingram heal, and see what we got. Time to back off the bus, lets see what we have when training camp starts.

Why would anyone do that? He's expected to be ready by training camp. Is he not supposed to be as good as he was?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Why would anyone do that? He's expected to be ready by training camp. Is he not supposed to be as good as he was?

I'm just going off of his exit interview, he still seemed quite incapacitated. Ingram has not been a fast starter yet in his NBA career, when he gets to playing around 30 minutes a night for several games, then I think we will know if he is really back or has improved.

Of course, if he is 100% ready to go at training camp, all so much the better.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'm just going off of his exit interview, he still seemed quite incapacitated. Ingram has not been a fast starter yet in his NBA career, when he gets to playing around 30 minutes a night for several games, then I think we will know if he is really back or has improved.

Of course, if he is 100% ready to go at training camp, all so much the better.

In his exit interview he indicated that he'd be ready to go by training camp. It would make sense that he was incapacitated at that time since he had just had the surgery. I get what you're saying but I see no reason to doubt he won't be at the very least the same player he was pre-surgery.

He'll be fine, there's no reason to anticipate regression.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

Any updates?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Trust me, I ask for no forgiveness. You’ve been a blatant BI hater for some time now dude. Like I said, I’ll take what you have to say about BI with a grain of salt.

Contradicting yourself a bit. Not a hater but you’re entitled to your opinion.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

My prediction for a headline sometime next season: Brandon Ingram's blood clots saved the Lakers from themselves.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Wait, you think that a second star would take away shots from Lebron but not Ingram? That is pretty funny.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Wait, you think that a second star would take away shots from Lebron but not Ingram? That is pretty funny.

Funny is the nicest way to describe what it is.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

Any health updates?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

Any health updates?

Nothing since starting physical therapy. He should be resting between sessions. Then get back into cardio regiment, and wait to be cleared to start weight training... so I assume. I think the real next check in should be right before the draft. Other than that, he isn’t going anywhere in terms of being traded. He’s going to be our Steph in regards to career circumstances (I anticipate). I pray for the miraculous. As I did with Magic and his living with HIV. We are blessed, I choose to believe. And BI will be able to play a long career in P&G.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

No I think BI will be taking his regular 13 shots. A game(third option type numbers). I think lebron will see his shot attempts drop as he is no longer playing at a level that warrants 20 shots a game. You will likely see lebron drop to 15/16 a game while another star gets his attempts.

You guys are acting as if Ingram was getting clear cut second option shot attempts last year or something. Not the case. Kuz was getting more shot attempts. The fact that you guys don’t get this is really baffling.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Not that surprised you’re not getting this point. You still think Mitch and skim were going to lead us to the promised land. Btw,... shouldn’t you be on a clippers board right now?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

No I think BI will be taking his regular 13 shots. A game(third option type numbers). I think lebron will see his shot attempts drop as he is no longer playing at a level that warrants 20 shots a game. You will likely see lebron drop to 15/16 a game while another star gets his attempts.

You guys are acting as if Ingram was getting clear cut second option shot attempts last year or something. Not the case. Kuz was getting more shot attempts. The fact that you guys don’t get this is really baffling.

So you think Ingram will get the same amount of shots and LeBron will get less. I hate to break it to you but you are indeed saying that a second star will take shots from Bron and not Ingram.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

Any health updates?

Nothing since starting physical therapy. He should be resting between sessions. Then get back into cardio regiment, and wait to be cleared to start weight training... so I assume. I think the real next check in should be right before the draft. Other than that, he isn’t going anywhere in terms of being traded. He’s going to be our Steph in regards to career circumstances (I anticipate). I pray for the miraculous. As I did with Magic and his living with HIV. We are blessed, I choose to believe. And BI will be able to play a long career in P&G.

Getting him on a contract lower than he's worth would be amazing. I dont see it though because I think he's going to be healthy this year and do well. If he makes another jump like he has the last 3 years, he'll be good. But expensive.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

BI was starting to perform big time before he went out.

He needs to continue to do that, come hard and play aggressively.

Along with Kuzma, Ball and yes...Josh Hart....we have some young "core" guys to build along with LeBron and whoever else they bring in.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

Any health updates?

This would be awesome (in a good way). Say we sign him for 4 years 60mil ish, then he turns into a top 10 player in the next 3 years. We would have one of the best contracts in the league, with Lebrons money coming off the books, and in a perfect spot to bring in BI's sidekick to lead the way.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes.

Any health updates?

This would be awesome (in a good way). Say we sign him for 4 years 60mil ish, then he turns into a top 10 player in the next 3 years. We would have one of the best contracts in the league, with Lebrons money coming off the books, and in a perfect spot to bring in BI's sidekick to lead the way.

There’s no guarantee that he gives us the hometown deal. But we should nurture him back into playing condition regardless, as that is a staple of a franchise worth a damn. But hopefully, he realizes his importance as a pillar of our defense, and would be willing to take a “haircut” to see the goal attained. We would then reward him on that superstar contract should he reach his potential... just like one Mr Curry.

If I were to venture a guess 3 year @ 16 should suffice as an extension. God speed on the recovery, BI. You deserve to showcase your talents in the playoffs.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Hopefully he will stagger minutes with Lebron and be the first option with the second unit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1804, 1805, 1806 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1805 of 1885
Jump to: