OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1829, 1830, 1831 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Laugh it off. It’s good for the soul.

I needed that reminder right now. Thank you!

Norman Cousins healed his body from an infectious disease through laughter and vitamin C

Is that DeMarcus’ uncle?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

Last year in late June....less than 48 hours before one of he biggest free agent periods in Lakers history, I was suspended from LG for week for mentioning a vacancy was just announced in a non-partisan governmental position of importance. I did not insinuate if I was happy or sad. If someone did not know me, there would have been absolutely no way for them to know my political beliefs from that post.

I objected to the moderator and asked that they reconsider, pointing out that I said nothing political or partisan....or even insinuated any partisanship. I also pointed out that many posters routinely make actual partisan political statements outside of the "political thread" without consequence. The moderator responded that they would not reconsider....the suspension would stand....and I was being dishonest about other posters making political statements routinely outside the political thread...and LG had a zero tolerance policy for posting anything political outside the political thread. There are members of LG that literally make political statements....very specific and partisan in their signatures which shows on every post.....but it never happens on LG, and everyone is moderated the same.

So I had to wait 5 days into free agency to discuss Lebron, etc. with other Laker fans since I do not live in the LA region. You simply can't make this stuff up.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

We’re talking hoops not politics or science.

Well you ignore facts (whether it's sports or life) like a trumper so I stand by my analogy climate denier

I’m not the one ignoring facts in this exchange. But continue with your ignorance if it helps you sleep at night.

spoken like a true trumper with his head in the sand...everyone's wrong and you are right ...another victim of facts

Not a “trumper” guy but that discussion isn’t meant for this thread. The facts at hand include doctors that think BI will be fine and others who think it could recurring. I’m considering all of the opinions but hoping the ones saying he’s fine are right.

give it up already...before I call you a liar.

last post 4 me ...have to stop responding to your trolling

Oh no! what will I ever do if some jacka$$ online calls me a liar?! What will I ever do to recover?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What is going on in here?

These guys have been arguing about the BI blood clot and whether its a concern going forward for weeks now. Its actually amazing how none of them are doctors but but believe they are 100% right and because of that won't stop.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What is going on in here?

These guys have been arguing about the BI blood clot and whether its a concern going forward for weeks now. Its actually amazing how none of them are doctors but but believe they are 100% right and because of that won't stop.

Not a doctor and don’t think I’m 100% right. I’ve seen opinions from doctors that say he’s fine and others that say it could be an issue in the future. So I’m skeptical that it’s a complete nonissue as others make it out to be.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

That's actually not the issue.. and it's not about anyone believing they are 100% right. This isn't even a fair characterization of the people that don't agree with me.

Early on in this process it was made clear that Ingram didn't have a blood clot condition. This has been confirmed time and time again from various reports. It has also been reported as of late, that Ingram had a successful surgery and is expected to be ready for training camp with the same probability of recurrence as me or anyone else.

There's a few, one notable poster who is 95% negative in all matters involving Ingram insisting that this isn't a settled matter due to there being 1 or 2 (out of the majority of) reports that this could be a long term problem.

This is clearly a settled issue.. so much so that anyone trying to argue that it isn't makes it apparent just how bias and divorced from reality they are.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Last year in late June....less than 48 hours before one of he biggest free agent periods in Lakers history, I was suspended from LG for week for mentioning a vacancy was just announced in a non-partisan governmental position of importance. I did not insinuate if I was happy or sad. If someone did not know me, there would have been absolutely no way for them to know my political beliefs from that post.

I objected to the moderator and asked that they reconsider, pointing out that I said nothing political or partisan....or even insinuated any partisanship. I also pointed out that many posters routinely make actual partisan political statements outside of the "political thread" without consequence. The moderator responded that they would not reconsider....the suspension would stand....and I was being dishonest about other posters making political statements routinely outside the political thread...and LG had a zero tolerance policy for posting anything political outside the political thread. There are members of LG that literally make political statements....very specific and partisan in their signatures which shows on every post.....but it never happens on LG, and everyone is moderated the same.

So I had to wait 5 days into free agency to discuss Lebron, etc. with other Laker fans since I do not live in the LA region. You simply can't make this stuff up.

Sorry bro, I'd be happy to discuss our LBJ-Kawhi-BI three headed monster with you in a few weeks
biggamehames2
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

This is biggamehames, obviously. I was just banned for what I can only assume was the exchange I had on this and the prior page. I need to be given some kind of explanation as to how that decision was made. I was asking to not make the exchange political. I was mislabeled but despite that, I avoided any sort of political discussion. If it is the language, why was a suspension not sufficient? Why has the post not been deleted since? I deserve an explanation because quite frankly banning me is unjustifiable.

Sorry to other posters who are annoyed by this message but I deserve a right to an answer.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

We’re talking hoops not politics or science.

Well you ignore facts (whether it's sports or life) like a trumper so I stand by my analogy climate denier

I’m not the one ignoring facts in this exchange. But continue with your ignorance if it helps you sleep at night.

spoken like a true trumper with his head in the sand...everyone's wrong and you are right ...another victim of facts

Not a “trumper” guy but that discussion isn’t meant for this thread. The facts at hand include doctors that think BI will be fine and others who think it could recurring. I’m considering all of the opinions but hoping the ones saying he’s fine are right.

The only doctors we should really be concerning ourselves with information wise,... are the doctors who have actually examined BI or performed his surgery. They’re the doctors who know all the facts about the situation. These other doctors are going off of basic knowledge if the situation. They don’t know all the facts.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

biggamehames2 wrote:
This is biggamehames, obviously. I was just banned for what I can only assume was the exchange I had on this and the prior page. I need to be given some kind of explanation as to how that decision was made. I was asking to not make the exchange political. I was mislabeled but despite that, I avoided any sort of political discussion. If it is the language, why was a suspension not sufficient? Why has the post not been deleted since? I deserve an explanation because quite frankly banning me is unjustifiable.

Sorry to other posters who are annoyed by this message but I deserve a right to an answer.

It wasn't me, but it also wasn't a ban. It was a one week suspension for both you and your arguing partner.
biggamehames2
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
biggamehames2 wrote:

It wasn't me, but it also wasn't a ban. It was a one week suspension for both you and your arguing partner.

My account says banned. Can you please make sure that is fixed? I won’t post again from this username and will acknowledge the suspension once it is adjusted.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I'll miss you BGH.
Moral of the story: when in a debate, and the other party is labeling you something as their retort, run away. At that point it's no longer about the subject matter.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

biggamehames2 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
biggamehames2 wrote:

My account says banned. Can you please make sure that is fixed? I won’t post again from this username and will acknowledge the suspension once it is adjusted.

That's just the default wording unless the mod creates a different message. But I checked and it is a one week suspension. See you next week.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'll miss you BGH.
Moral of the story: when in a debate, and the other party is labeling you something as their retort, run away. At that point it's no longer about the subject matter.

That's one lesson for sure. But when you have a history of fighting, you don't get a lot of latitude.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
epak wrote:
I'll miss you BGH.

That's one lesson for sure. But when you have a history of fighting, you don't get a lot of latitude.

Ah. Got it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Would this be a bad time to remind you that we have a feedback thread?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Attack the post, not the poster. And try to stay on topic.
It's really not that hard to avoid suspensions.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I asked this before, has Ingram resumed physical activity?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

I don't think anyone knows..
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

The way people are talking in this thread, I'd say that fact is quite relevant.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

The way people are talking in this thread, I'd say that fact is quite relevant.

No it isn't.. It has nothing to do with what caused his clot.. This is suuuupppeeerr easy to understand lol.

I have trouble understanding why this isn't clearly apparent, or why you'd say what you just said with all due respect.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Your question is about recovery time post surgery.. has nothing to do with what was being discussed.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
epak wrote:
I'll miss you BGH.

Ah. Got it.

Y’all should have been around in the JD days.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
epak wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
epak wrote:
I'll miss you BGH.

Ah. Got it.

Y’all should have been around in the JD days.

Dang. Haven't heard that name in at least 10 years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1829, 1830, 1831 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1830 of 1885
Jump to: