OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1835, 1836, 1837 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Gonna miss this kid. Wish him the best and I hope he tears it up in the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mege wrote:
BI's going to be an All Star next year.
Doubt it.

Highly doubt it. I'm concerned for him and Zion and the rest in terms of equitably distributing scoring, shots, usage. BI will be in a contract year.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Does he ever hang out with the other young guys? Kuz, hart and lonzo all hangout and have pics together but I never even saw him with DLo and Randle when they were all on the team.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Man....

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254907/Brandon-Ingram-Pretty-Close-To-Resuming-Full-Basketball-Activities

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said he was "pretty close" to resuming full basketball activities during his introductory press conference for the New Orleans Pelicans.

Ingram has been out since early March after being diagnosed with a blood clot in his shoulder.

Ingram added that he has yet to start shooting, but is able to work on passing and dribbling drills.

He did not give a specific timeline of when he would begin shooting again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

I wonder if this is why the Pels extracted more 1st round picks from the Lakers.

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Both aren't ready to go for training camp and haven't been able to resume basketball activities for months.

This is a huge financial year for BI and he's already way behind.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

everybody passed their physical and trade is official... not our problemo no mo (best of Luck to BI tho, still has his jersey...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Mege wrote:
BI's going to be an All Star next year.
Doubt it.

Highly doubt it. I'm concerned for him and Zion and the rest in terms of equitably distributing scoring, shots, usage. BI will be in a contract year.

Everyone believes the Pels are gonna be pushing the ball up the floor running and dunking. We thought the same thing last season with Lebron and Lonzo. Even though we were 2nd in the NBA in fast break points, we were only 16th in points because we struggled to score in the half court.

If the Pels start Zion, Jrue, Ingram, Lonzo, and Favors the spacing is going to be bad and they'll struggle to score as well. It would not surprise me if Lonzo goes to the bench at some point in favor of a shooter like J.J. Reddick or E'Twaun Moore.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah, "push the pace" sounds great on paper, but a lot, if not most, of the game ends up in half court play. Their lack of shooting will mean that floor will be very tight.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Holiday, BI, Zo, Hayes, and Zion are going to be a defensive beast. Get Hart in there as a load manager 6th man. They will find their offensive game. They might even find it quickly.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I wonder if this is why the Pels extracted more 1st round picks from the Lakers.

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Both aren't ready to go for training camp and haven't been able to resume basketball activities for months.

Training camp hasn't started yet.. They are both expected to be ready.

I also think it's silly to intimate that Ingram might not gel because it's a contract year for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

I also think it's silly to intimate that Ingram might not gel because it's a contract year for him.

Why? He's going to have to showcase his game to get the best deal possible. And that will be with the ball in his hands. It will be interesting to see how this season fares for him without having a summer to work on his body and shooting.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Why? He's going to have to showcase his game to get the best deal possible. And that will be with the ball in his hands. It will be interesting to see how this season fares for him without having a summer to work on his body and shooting.

You're suggesting he's going to ignore the coaching and offensive schemes to get his own because he's in a contract year. Yes, it's a ridiculous thing to say. Can you actually picture him ignoring his coaches, and breaking plays to get his own shot for the season??
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

You're suggesting he's going to ignore the coaching and offensive schemes to get his own because he's in a contract year. Yes, it's a ridiculous thing to say. Can you actually picture him ignoring his coaches, and breaking plays to get his own shot for the season??

Where did I say this? You’re extrapolating again.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Don’t need to picture it, just watch a game from last year I still have recorded.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

"I'm concerned for him and Zion and the rest in terms of equitably distributing scoring, shots, usage. BI will be in a contract year."

I'm actually not, and the "You're extrapolating again" comment is equally ridiculous. This contract narrative is something I've seen you post on before. Now if it's what you believe that's fine, It just doesn't make sense to me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

"I'm concerned for him and Zion and the rest in terms of equitably distributing scoring, shots, usage. BI will be in a contract year."

I'm actually not, and the "You're extrapolating again" comment is equally ridiculous. This contract narrative is something I've seen you post on before. Now if it's what you believe that's fine, It just doesn't make sense to me.

Not sure why you intimate any kind of concern/criticism about BI as being a narrative.

Facts:
1. he is best with the ball in his hands. He's a much better on ball player than off ball one.

2. he hasn't been able to have the kind of summer he needs to build up his body and work on shooting (shoulder), etc. going into a contract year.

3. Pels now have a LOT of mouths to feed and they will be propping up Zion this year as a star.

My concerns for him stand as I (like you) have watched him play as a Laker for 3 years.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Not sure why you intimate any kind of concern/criticism about BI as being a narrative.

Facts:
1. he is best with the ball in his hands. He's a much better on ball player than off ball one.

2. he hasn't been able to have the kind of summer he needs to build up his body and work on shooting (shoulder), etc. going into a contract year.

3. Pels now have a LOT of mouths to feed and they will be propping up Zion this year as a star.

My concerns for him stand as I (like you) have watched him play as a Laker for 3 years.

Saying all those things you just said has nothing to do with..

That statement clearly communicates a concern that Ingram will play selfishly because he's in a contract year. Otherwise why even mention he's in a contract year?

If that isn't what you intended that's fine though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Facts:

That statement clearly communicates a concern that Ingram will play selfishly because he's in a contract year. Otherwise why even mention he's in a contract year?

Not even close to what you think I’m intimating. I know how he plays. Just find a less than ideal offensive fit with his current personnel. Even less spacing too.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

Facts:

Not even close to what you think I’m intimating. I know how he plays. Just find a less than ideal offensive fit with his current personnel. Even less spacing too.

You wouldn't be the first to question his fit.. that's been an issue for many no matter who he's playing with. But again.. none of that has anything to do with his contract right?? So for what other reason might you bring up his contract, and usage? You still haven't answered why you even mentioned it. It's clear to me why lol.. but I don't wanna harp on it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

You're way past harping on it.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Me and Yin are cool.. Your comment though, adds nothing to the discourse and is totally unnecessary.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

True. He can showcase his game within the team system, I assumed that was what you were alluding to. Evidently not everyone believes that.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo's injury history.

BI's injury history.

True. He can showcase his game within the team system, I assumed that was what you were alluding to. Evidently not everyone believes that.

Isn't that what every single player in the league does? Are there any that attempts not to?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

Pelicans got good depth.

But, bad fits...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1835, 1836, 1837 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1836 of 1885
Jump to: