OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1869, 1870, 1871 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
No source stated that george expected the lakers to offer both ingram and the 2nd pick, that's your assumption

Yep. Everything about this subject is someone's assumption. Over the years, we've seen a lot of narratives build up on this board based on a mosaic of assumptions and theories. This is not to say that Yinoma is wrong, but unless and until Paul George writes a book, we'll never really know what was going through his head.

Exactly.
He did say that thing about the lakers "not grabbing him" implying that he wanted us to make a better offer of the rumored package of Julius and clarkson.
But nothing was said about specific players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
No source stated that george expected the lakers to offer both ingram and the 2nd pick, that's your assumption

Yep. Everything about this subject is someone's assumption. Over the years, we've seen a lot of narratives build up on this board based on a mosaic of assumptions and theories. This is not to say that Yinoma is wrong, but unless and until Paul George writes a book, we'll never really know what was going through his head.

Exactly.
He did say that thing about the lakers "not grabbing him" implying that he wanted us to make a better offer of the rumored package of Julius and clarkson.

So what exactly were they trading then? You had to match salaries and they ended up with an all NBA player in DIPO and a really good player in Sabonis.

It was IMO BI (who was struggling at the time as he was a 19 year old) + the Lakers upcoming 1st rounder, which was TBD (and ended up being #2).
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So what exactly were they trading then? You had to match salaries and they ended up with an all NBA player in DIPO and a really good player in Sabonis.

It was IMO BI (who was struggling at the time as he was a 19 year old) + the Lakers upcoming 1st rounder, which was TBD (and ended up being #2).

Let’s get real here. It’s possible that Paul George thought it through the same way that you, me, or IG would. It’s pretty damn unlikely, though.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Exactly.

Iirc we had enough cap space to absorb the extra salary of PG13, that then we used to sign KCP the 1st time.

Both DIPO and sabonis had much lower value at the time, basically they were traded from ORL to OKC in exchange of ibaka some months before.

I think that one between brandon and the pick, along with clarkson or julius, would have been enough for IND.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Exactly.

Iirc we had enough cap space to absorb the extra salary of PG13, that then we used to sign KCP the 1st time.

Both DIPO and sabonis had much lower value at the time, basically they were traded from ORL to OKC in exchange of ibaka some months before.

I think that one between brandon and the pick, along with clarkson or julius, would have been enough for IND.

If that's the case, and he wouldn't want LBJ to come join him, what assets would we have to trade for AD?

I mean, we can go on and on, but PG didn't come here so I don't think we should shed tears over him.

Ideally, my team would have been LBJ/PG in 2018, trade for AD for that trio. That would be an unstoppable group IMO with guys who are comfortable in their roles.

We achieved 2/3. In any case, seems like BI was the casualty in all situations.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Exactly.

If that's the case, and he wouldn't want LBJ to come join him, what assets would we have to trade for AD?

I mean, we can go on and on, but PG didn't come here so I don't think we should shed tears over him.

Ideally, my team would have been LBJ/PG in 2018, trade for AD for that trio. That would be an unstoppable group IMO with guys who are comfortable in their roles.

We achieved 2/3. In any case, seems like BI was the casualty in all situations.

Ideally, my team would be of D'Angelo-PG-Brandon-Julius.
That would have been a team that I would enjoy A LOT rooting for, even if it's not a superteam like yours or others fancied by fans with a LBJ, AD, PG, KL, etc.
Not right now at least
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That would have been a team that I would enjoy A LOT rooting for, even if it's not a superteam like yours or others fancied by fans with a LBJ, AD, PG, KL, etc.
Not right now at least

Sure. But then we'd be saddled with Moz/Deng still, with Jules and DLO up for extensions. How would we get PG without giving up BI though?

It's fun to think about, but PG isn't a guy you build your team around. He's a great #2 guy to add but he didn't want that with LBJ. I don't fault the Lakers for saying yes to LBJ.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/1/8/21055184/brandon-ingram-new-orleans-pelicans-analysis-zion-williamson-injury-return

Interesting article. Makes a convincing case that BI benefits from being in a "PF"/stretch 4 position. I think a ball handling stretch PF was always BI's destiny, but that his underdeveloped body was not ready for the wear and tear.

Also suggests Zion play small ball center. Interesting stuff.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/1/8/21055184/brandon-ingram-new-orleans-pelicans-analysis-zion-williamson-injury-return

Interesting article. Makes a convincing case that BI benefits from being in a "PF"/stretch 4 position. I think a ball handling stretch PF was always BI's destiny, but that his underdeveloped body was not ready for the wear and tear.

He has been guarded by the teams best defender most nights and has played the 3 just as much as the four. Being a stretch four has nothing to do with it. I’ve watched a lot more Pelicans than I have Lakers this year. And he’s playing against the same guys he was the last two years. Only over the last 7-8 games has he been full on stretch 4.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I just read the article and I just don’t agree with a lot of his analysis. BI doesn’t have to have someone else push the ball to get him going, he doesn’t have to have people initiate for him, he takes small forwards off the dribble regularly so it’s not just slow footed fours he’s beating. This guy is simply taking the fact Ingram is listed at the four and running with it despite the fact he’s at most times played beside of Melli early in the year and Kenrich for the large portion. Kenrich was the four in those lineups for all intents and purposes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I just read the article and I just don’t agree with a lot of his analysis. BI doesn’t have to have someone else push the ball to get him going, he doesn’t have to have people initiate for him, he takes small forwards off the dribble regularly so it’s not just slow footed fours he’s beating. This guy is simply taking the fact Ingram is listed at the four and running with it despite the fact he’s at most times played beside of Melli early in the year and Kenrich for the large portion. Kenrich was the four in those lineups for all intents and purposes.

So what happens when a hopefully healthy Zion comes back? I don't think they will go with him at small ball center as Favors is doing a good job there. Zion isn't a good enough shooter right now. Should be interesting. I think the spacing argument that the writer makes is a good one. With Zion off the court it's 3 shooters (when Zo can hit them)/BI/big for BI. Lots of room to operate.

Watching those clips made me yearn for him. But I'm totally happy with AD too.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Not right now at least

Sure. But then we'd be saddled with Moz/Deng still, with Jules and DLO up for extensions. How would we get PG without giving up BI though?

It's fun to think about, but PG isn't a guy you build your team around. He's a great #2 guy to add but he didn't want that with LBJ. I don't fault the Lakers for saying yes to LBJ.

You could have traded for PG with the 2017 pick (lonzo) or maybe as free agent in 2018 if you courted him (and mintz) rather than LBJ (and rich paul).

MozDeng contracts became a problem bigger than they actually were only because Earvin wanted to clear space for 2 max slot the very next year we signed them, and made the other 29 GMs know about it.

Anyway, those are just fantasies of mine, and we got much lukier than I tought (and probably we deserved tbh)
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Awfully quiet in here tonight.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

WHat happened?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

WHat happened?

^this happened. Playing like a superstar in the making alright
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Listen to the Lowe podcast. He had Howard Beck who had BI on his West All star team.

Pretty amazing turnaround for BI. Probably MIP if the Pels can get some more wins on the board (I know record shouldn't necessarily matter but apparently it does).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I voted for BI for the all star game.

Don't @ me.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't @ me.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't @ me.

I’ve voted for him everyday since it became available 😂
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

The Pels are playing so much better without Jrue, better ball movement without Jrue constantly pounding the ball trying to get his numbers. BI and Lonzo’s chemistry has carried over from the Lakers as well, nice to see.

Last edited by BigBoi on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

BI is developing into a legit play maker now. His shots are much more consistent
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

28 on 11-18 from the field, 5-9 from 3. Wow.

9 assists, 6 rbs
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I think no matter how you look at this, Brandon Ingram has a higher ceiling than Jason Tatum, and he is ascending fast
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1869, 1870, 1871 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1870 of 1885
Jump to: