OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 1882, 1883, 1884  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3089

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement


No question about that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Future top 10 player for years to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aachan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Posts: 1863

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29176

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

Doofus lol.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?


I’m still expecting it tbh. SoCal and I kept spitting the gospel of how huge losing favors was. He came back and suddenly the wings/guards defense (that they’ve been playing all year) is finally looking good. Should be 8-2 if no screw job in Utah. I still expect playoffs with 7th seed the ceiling imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4286

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers aren’t on I love watching the Pelicans and the Heat. Two very good young teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18660
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

After all that (bleep) they're still 3 losses behind the 8th spot. It is possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12581

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?


Saw the Knicks-Pelicans game and they are still a mess defensively without Favors. I don't think they will sustain it if guys like JRue and Favors (he got hurt yesterday) continuing missing games. Rim protection is arguably the most important defensive element these days, and the Pelicans are abysmal there. Jaxson Hayes is pretty amazing, but too young and skinny to take on the responsibility. Favors and Hayes have been close to perfect for their center rotation. I'm really impressed.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out the 8th seed at full strength. Zion will make things a lot easier for BI and vice versa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17374

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
After all that (bleep) they're still 3 losses behind the 8th spot. It is possible.


Pels and OKC... who they bumping out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 16201

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

Doofus lol.

Mods again playing favorites i see
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
aachan wrote:
They're 7-3 in their last 10. Have turned things around ever since Favors came back. Barring any major injuries to the team, what are the chances BI leads them to a playoff appearance?


Saw the Knicks-Pelicans game and they are still a mess defensively without Favors. I don't think they will sustain it if guys like JRue and Favors (he got hurt yesterday) continuing missing games. Rim protection is arguably the most important defensive element these days, and the Pelicans are abysmal there. Jaxson Hayes is pretty amazing, but too young and skinny to take on the responsibility. Favors and Hayes have been close to perfect for their center rotation. I'm really impressed.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out the 8th seed at full strength. Zion will make things a lot easier for BI and vice versa.


Kind of expect them to be buyers at the deadline. Going after some type of backup center and perhaps even a backup stretch 4 or shooting three. They have some relatively young rotation level players absolutely buried that another team could look to pick up in a 2-1 deal such as Kenrich, Jahlil, Frank Jackson and Moore( though I’d be hesitant to trade Moore unless it’s the right deal. He’s played great and really gives them spacing and another creator).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3089

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

Doofus lol.

Mods again playing favorites i see


He’s not a mod, unless I’m missing something
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7747
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
BI would be in the All star game if he played in the east, and not a injury replacement

Doofus lol.

Mods again playing favorites i see


He’s not a mod, unless I’m missing something


Think he meant what he was allowed to call him with no repercussions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7747
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.


One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7747
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.


One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.


These are the moments that guys who are rivals relish. They get up for these games. I'm willing to consider that the Celtics are a better team. With that being said Tatum had no problems scoring on Ingram. I just have to be honest. Ingram also had trouble scoring on him, Brown, and Smart efficiently. I'm not going to make any excuses for him. It was a poor showing..

We'll see what happens their next outing. But in regards to this one, Tatum owned him and his team. I have to keep it real. I still think Ingram has a higher ceiling though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3089

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.


One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.


These are the moments that guys who are rivals relish. They get up for these games. I'm willing to consider that the Celtics are a better team. With that being said Tatum had no problems scoring on Ingram. I just have to be honest. Ingram also had trouble scoring on him, Brown, and Smart efficiently. I'm not going to make any excuses for him. It was a poor showing..

We'll see what happens their next outing. But in regards to this one, Tatum owned him and his team. I have to keep it real. I still think Ingram has a higher ceiling though.


2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7747
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:46 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Tatum (bleep) all over Ingram.. Doesn't look like there's any debate at all as to who's better.


One game bro. You know better than to be a victim of living in the moment. Tatum has life mush easier. And he honestly didn’t even do much other than play a smart methodical game. Bi wasn’t ready to fight those screens,... but Ingram also didn’t have two other all stars playing beside of him. BI has a tendency to remember things like this,.. id Mark my calendar for the 26th if I were you.


These are the moments that guys who are rivals relish. They get up for these games. I'm willing to consider that the Celtics are a better team. With that being said Tatum had no problems scoring on Ingram. I just have to be honest. Ingram also had trouble scoring on him, Brown, and Smart efficiently. I'm not going to make any excuses for him. It was a poor showing..

We'll see what happens their next outing. But in regards to this one, Tatum owned him and his team. I have to keep it real. I still think Ingram has a higher ceiling though.


2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.


That's valid, Luminous8 also made valid points..

The same way I had to be honest about how Kawhi's head to head match up with Bron went. Is the same way I have to be real about what took place this game. Maybe things will be different next time. But Tatum owned Ingram and his squad on this occasion.

There are some advantages that Tatum has because of Ingram's strength deficit. Really good perimeter defenders still give him problems. A year or so from now as his base gets stronger I expect that to change.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17374

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

Kuz stepped up big!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3089

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

Kuz stepped up big!


I missed the game, what happened?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 2121

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

Kuz stepped up big!


I missed the game, what happened?


Built that trade value up is what happened!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2012
Posts: 3089

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:36 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

Kuz stepped up big!


I missed the game, what happened?


Built that trade value up is what happened!


Too bad for him, he’s stuck here and will never be the man unlike Tatum and Ingram lol 😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 33072
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

22 Years Old - Per 36 Min.:
Code:
Name        PPG (TS%)          RPG (RBD%)        APG (AST%)        SPG (STL%)       BPG (BLK%)
Pippen:     13.6 PPG (48.9%)    6.5 RPG          3.7 APG           2.0 SPG          1.1 BPG
Leonard:    15.8 PPG (60.2%)    7.7 RPG (12.1%)  2.5 APG (10.4%)   2.1 SPG (3.0%)   0.9 BPG (1.9%)
Giannis:    23.2 PPG (59.9%)    8.9 RPG (14.3%)  5.5 APG (26.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.3%)   1.9 BPG (4.7%)
Marion:     17.3 PPT (43.2%)   10.7 RPG          2.0 APG           1.7 SPG          1.4 BPG
Prince:     11.3 PPG (54.6%)    3.7 RPG          2.0 APG           0.8 SPG          1.2 BPG
Batum:      14.1 PPG (56.3%)    5.2 RPG (8.8%)   1.8 APG (8.1%)    1.0 SPG (1.5%)   0.7 BPG (1.6%)
Middleton:  14.5 PPG (54.1%)    4.5 RPG (7.2%)   2.5 APG (11.7%)   1.2 SPG (1.8%)   0.3 BPG (0.7%)
George:     16.7 PPG (53.1%)    7.3 RPG (11.3%)  4.0 APG (19.6%)   1.7 SPG (2.6%)   0.6 BPG (1.3%)
Durant:     25.6 PPG (58.9%)    6.3 RPG (10.3%)  2.5 APG (13.2%)   1.0 STL (1.5%)   0.9 BLK (1.8%)
Ingram:     26.4 PPG (59.7%)    7.1 RPG (10.4%)  4.4 APG (20.4%)   1.0 SPG (1.3%)   0.8 BPG (2.0%)


Rank out of 10
PPG - 1st (3rd in TS%)
RPG - 5th
APG - 2nd
SPG - 7th
BPG - 7th

Offensively, as an all around player, he is probably 2nd behind Durant. Defensively, he's probably bottom 3 on this list for his age, although I would argue that might have more to do with where he plays.

Also, every season we've watched him, he has shown improvement once January/February comes around. If that stays true to form this year, we haven't seen the best of BI yet this year. That said, he also seems to get injured every year around that time, so we'll see about that too.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 110435

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

That's crazy. Wow.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138349
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

2nd night of a back to back on a road trip with 3 starters out, I’m not gonna put too much stock in this game.

Kuz stepped up big!


One game. Not 30+ like Ingram has. Kuzma doesn’t compare at all with BI.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1870, 1871, 1872 ... 1882, 1883, 1884  Next
Page 1871 of 1884
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB