OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

Did you guys listen to Mason and Ireland right now? Ireland said speaking to Luke and pelinka he came away that the Lakers will be making sweeping changes in the offseason and Ingram most likely player to be moved since he's the one everyone asking about.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Did you guys listen to Mason and Ireland right now? Ireland said speaking to Luke and pelinka he came away that the Lakers will be making sweeping changes in the offseason and Ingram most likely player to be moved since he's the one everyone asking about.

Whoa.

My prediction is Ingram + JC for PG13.

Apparently DLO/PG13/Jules are all repped by same agency.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

if they trade away my brannin before his evolution, knuckle sandwiches will be delivered posthaste
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Been trying to tell people about the agent angle for a minute now. You'd have to figure that they'd be angling hard to have arguably the 3 most important players on the Lakers.

That said, I think either Ingram or Russell is an overpay for George, unless you're attaching Mozgov or Deng to them.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Been trying to tell people about the agent angle for a minute now. You'd have to figure that they'd be angling hard to have arguably the 3 most important players on the Lakers.

That said, I think either Ingram or Russell is an overpay for George, unless you're attaching Mozgov or Deng to them.

Wow, that is frightening.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Yeah, and of course Pelinka being a former agent would appreciate and understand that as well. Assuming it's Ingram, I'm ok with that. Not sure why the Pacers would absorb Deng/Moz (unless they unload someone like Ellis on us).
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

I agree about overpay for PG13 too unless you attach one of those contracts.

Thing is if everyone is asking for Ingram I would rather hold off for a better package. PG13 is a good player but the lakers can do better if they have their sights on offering up Ingram, especially when bird doesn't have much leverage here.

IMO, it's looking more and more like Magic and Pelinka are eyeing a PG13/Griffin combo.

Personally I wouldn't trade Ingram or Russell unless it was a no brainer or too good of a deal to pass up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

How is that frightening? Say Ingram/JC goes out with fillers for PG13. A core of :

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

isn't the stuff of nightmares.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

pelinka and magic

listen to the sage advice of ray j and pharrell

we have time guise plz

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

How is that frightening? Say Ingram/JC goes out with fillers for PG13. A core of :

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

Frightening that you would pick and choose the players on your roster based on their agency.

I'm also not thrilled about the idea of devaluing the return on a player based on a lousy contract you can tack on.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Frightening that you would pick and choose the players on your roster based on their agency.

I don't think it's a matter of picking & choosing, I think it's a matter of leverage. We want Paul George, which means that he and his agent have some pull regarding how that happens. There's also the (IMO, less important) angle of them overlapping, positionally speaking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

No, it's just a practical approach. Then you get PG13's agent to work with Bird to make the deal happen and both sides walk away pleased.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

For realzzz

we'd have more space than that if we didn't pick up Black's option and Nick walked-- we could always stretch Mozzy too but probably not even necessary.

Go target Blake or Hayward depending how the pick goes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

For realzzz

we'd have more space than that if we didn't pick up Black's option and Nick walked-- we could always stretch Mozzy too but probably not even necessary.

Maybe you can get Ibaka as a center:

Fultz/Ball
DLO
PG13/Deng
Jules/Nance
Ibaka/Zub

Fun team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

For realzzz

Man, what I'd give to get Hayward and PG13 in the same summer lol.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram has more potential than anybody in this year's draft.

I'd rather keep him and trade the pick to get PG13.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I absolutely hate the idea of trading Ingram. He's going to be a really special player. But alas the writing was on the wall the moment the new regime took over that they're just not willing to be patient.

Trading for Paul George this summer in a deal involving Ingram is incredibly short sighted. However I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they would have contingency plans in place. I read somewhere today that Paul George would love to team up with Gordon Hayward. Wouldn't surprise me if lakers try bringing them both in this summer and try pairing them with DLO and Fultz(or Ball). They would definitely have to get rid of one of Deng/mozgov to make it happen, which makes me think they attach Randle to one of them to get it done.

Regardless, I think it's safe to say this offseason is going to be a wild one.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I read somewhere today that Paul George would love to team up with Gordon Hayward.

He better go to Boston or Utah then.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:

Sounds like Ireland reaching the wrong conclusion- nothing new there.

I have no doubt about sweeping changes being made, but I'll be surprised if Ingram is the one who gets dealt. He's getting the most interest from rival GMs because he's got the highest upside of the Lakers' players and none of the attitude/entitlement/work ethic issues that hover around DLo.

Based on the above, the things Magic has said about Ingram and DLo, plus other things (DLo's benching, the heavy partying rumors, etc) I think it's much more likely that DLo gets dealt than Ingram.

Notice how Ingram has been talking lately about becoming more of a leader for this team ? Where do you think that's coming from ? I think that's coming from his talks with Magic and that Magic is pushing him into a leadership role.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Whoa.

Top 3
DLO
PG13
Jules
Zub
Nance
20-22m in cap space

For realzzz

Man, what I'd give to get Hayward and PG13 in the same summer lol.

I'd call it a summer

If we can trade for PG13 it may become realistic signing someone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

I have no doubt about sweeping changes being made, but I'll be surprised if Ingram is the one who gets dealt. He's getting the most interest from rival GMs because he's got the highest upside of the Lakers' players and none of the attitude/entitlement/work ethic issues that hover around DLo.

Based on the above, the things Magic has said about Ingram and DLo, plus other things (DLo's benching, the heavy partying rumors, etc) I think it's much more likely that DLo gets dealt than Ingram.

Notice how Ingram has been talking lately about becoming more of a leader for this team ? Where do you think that's coming from ? I think that's coming from his talks with Magic and that Magic is pushing him into a leadership role.

Why would the Lakers/media go out of their way to trash DLO if the plan is to trade him? He is not being buttered up one bit, and if anything his value is lowered.

Meanwhile, buttering up Ingram also serves and nice purpose too. I find it curious that PG13 shares agents with DLO and Jules.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Why would the Lakers/media go out of their way to trash DLO if the plan is to trade him? He is not being buttered up one bit, and if anything his value is lowered.

Meanwhile, buttering up Ingram also serves and nice purpose too. I find it curious that PG13 shares agents with DLO and Jules.

I don't think the LAkers as an org have trashed DLo in the media. (Byron is a different story.) The whole benching story was a much bigger deal on LG than it ever was anywhere else- it didn't really get any national play, as opposed to the Swaggy snapchat which was the #1 story nationally for a while. That incident and his attitude with the media is what has driven most of the national perception of Russel. DLo's issues with the media are largely self-created.

The questions around DLo center on his maturity (or lack thereof) and that lowers his trade value vs if there were none of those questions. But those questions have been around since last year- it's not like it's something the new regime has propagated.

But I don't think they are dead set on trading him. In their preferred scenario, DLo would respond well to the prodding he's getting (as he seems to have responded to the benching), and they'd be able to land George as a FA, keeping both Ingram and DLo.

I was just saying that if one of the two is traded, I think it's more likely that DLo would be traded than Ingram.

Personally, I hope neither one gets traded and that the sweeping changes involve Moz Deng getting moved somehow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 411 of 1885
Jump to: