OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 453, 454, 455 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Opened my new Ingram jersey today. Looking forward to wearing it on draft day for some good luck!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

i might get hate but in half court offense i think Ingram is at or even better than Greek freak at scoring
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
i might get hate but in half court offense i think Ingram is at or even better than Greek freak at scoring

A bit premature, methinks, but given their starting points, I wouldn't be surprised if BI turns out to be a better half-court player on offense.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

A bit premature, methinks, but given their starting points, I wouldn't be surprised if BI turns out to be a better half-court player on offense.

Giannis' jump shot holds him back in the halfcourt. Imagine him if he ever gets that part of his game down.

Last edited by oldschool32 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I see where you're coming from. Greek doesn't have any juke or shake out on the perimeter. Ingram is clearly more adept at creating a shot. Greeks superior athleticism generates his scoring opportunities.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I see where you're coming from. Greek doesn't have any juke or shake out on the perimeter. Ingram is clearly more adept at creating a shot. Greeks superior athleticism generates his scoring opportunities.

A lot of it is his strength and length.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

A lot of it is his strength and length.

Yep, that too.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup. But even as a rookie you could see his frame had some muscular potential https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/giannis-antetokounmpo.jpg?quality=100&w=650

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/gi/giannismorecomfortable/giannismorecomfortable_fullsize_story1.jpg

Kid develop at different times though. My biggest growth spurt was my 20th to 21st year, i grew another few inches and grew a lot stronger.

My point is, Ingram hasn't developed his man's strength yet, no way to determine if he will or wont be stronger than Gianis (likely not of course, but with a strong enough work ethic it is not only possible, its doable).

Me personally, I think BI is going to continue to grow into a great player. Happy to have him.

This- BI is still just a baby deer. Some guys like Lebron are already full grown men at 19, but not Ingram. He is still growing and he is a late bloomer. So yes the future is bright for us, BI will get taller, longer and more explosive as he gets his man's strength in the next few years.

A baby deer who has no fear of attacking the rim. For a guy that slim the aggression he showed late in the season was really impressive.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup. But even as a rookie you could see his frame had some muscular potential https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/giannis-antetokounmpo.jpg?quality=100&w=650

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/gi/giannismorecomfortable/giannismorecomfortable_fullsize_story1.jpg

Kid develop at different times though. My biggest growth spurt was my 20th to 21st year, i grew another few inches and grew a lot stronger.

My point is, Ingram hasn't developed his man's strength yet, no way to determine if he will or wont be stronger than Gianis (likely not of course, but with a strong enough work ethic it is not only possible, its doable).

Me personally, I think BI is going to continue to grow into a great player. Happy to have him.

This- BI is still just a baby deer. Some guys like Lebron are already full grown men at 19, but not Ingram. He is still growing and he is a late bloomer. So yes the future is bright for us, BI will get taller, longer and more explosive as he gets his man's strength in the next few years.

A baby deer who has no fear of attacking the rim. For a guy that slim the aggression he showed late in the season was really impressive.

That's actually one of the aspects coach Adam Turner (Bard College) and other NBA scouts were impressed with prior to the draft. Even at Duke, he wasn't afraid to take it to some of the more physical players. I don't think people understand how difficult it is for someone of Ingram's frame/weight to adjust to NBA level physicality. And just so people can quantify it (and quite frankly, there's a special place in basketball hell for those kind of people), he weighs less than Calderon right now. I thought the signs of him not backing down from physicality were present as early as November. He went 3-18 against the Warriors in one game that month (now the #1 ranked defense in the league), but it was my favorite "bad" game from him. The usual suspects here attacked him for that performance, but he showed a special kind of tenacity against a pretty formidable defense. He didn't shy away from the likes of Green, Iguodala, Livingston, despite those guys constantly throwing him off balance that game. It was his welcome to the league moment so to speak.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

No way am I including Ingram in any trade package this summer.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Ingram is a superstar material. However, when we are talking about being a leader of a contender, it usually needs 6-8 years experience in the league. Now the problem is: do we have the patience to wait?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Not quite yet because Ingram is just as bad of a 3-pt shooter and a worse FT shooter.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Not quite yet because Ingram is just as bad of a 3-pt shooter and a worse FT shooter.

I actually disagree with this.

Percentage wise they are probably close.

But I think in terms of shooting Form Ingram is ahead.

Also, Ingram showed he is a willing and confident shooter even with misses, where Giannis so far is hesitant to shoot them , not confident.

The % will go up for Ingram next season.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Also, Ingram showed he is a willing and confident shooter even with misses, where Giannis so far is hesitant to shoot them , not confident.

They're statistics equals as 3 point shooters (1% difference in Brandon's favor on the same number of attempts per game). But Giannis is a waaaaaaayyyy better free throw shooter (77% vs. 62%) and gets there 5 more times per game.

Ingram has a ways to go before he's the same type of scorer Giannis is, but that's ok. He's been in the league 3 years less
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I disagree that Ingram's shooting form is ahead of Giannis' at this point. It's the reason he's a sub-30% 3pt shooter and a 62% FT shooter. He's young and can certainly make the requisite changes, but he has a lot of things to fix on his form.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Giannis has good form but at the same time huge hands. Makes it a bit harder as a 3-pt shooter. Kawhi Leonard is the exception but he completely re-did his shot and had one of the best shooting coaches to help him.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I disagree that Ingram's shooting form is ahead of Giannis' at this point. It's the reason he's a sub-30% 3pt shooter and a 62% FT shooter. He's young and can certainly make the requisite changes, but he has a lot of things to fix on his form.

Giannis is a 27% 3 pt shooter on his career.

And you are probably right he can work on some areas to fix his form so can many other players. But when you say he has a lot of things to do to fix his form, it makes it sound like its completely broken which IMO its not.

But I think most of his bad % is attributed to just being young.

I expect him to be around 32-33% on 3's next season with around 75% ft
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram 3pt shooting.

Looks super smooth.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

And you are probably right he can work on some areas to fix his form so can many other players. But when you say he has a lot of things to do to fix his form, it makes it sound like its completely broken which IMO its not.

His knees lock before his elbow which locks before his wrist flick on his FTs, and that's before looking at things like his hand positioning on the ball and other things that are hard to see on TV.

He wasn't a 62% FT shooter after being a 68% FT shooter at Duke because he's young, nor was he a sub-30% 3pt shooter for that reason either. He's hardly the first young guy to play in the NBA. There have been 45 seasons of players his age and younger, and his FT% ranks 40th amongst them. Of the guys his age and younger who've shot at least 50 3PAs, he ranks 25th out of 37.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPnQYSde6ns

Looks super smooth.

His problem is that his mechanics are not consistent when somebody is guarding. When you are in an open gym with no one guarding you, your mechanics are much more consistent.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

His knees lock before his elbow which locks before his wrist flick on his FTs, and that's before looking at things like his hand positioning on the ball and other things that are hard to see on TV.

He wasn't a 62% FT shooter after being a 68% FT shooter at Duke because he's young, nor was he a sub-30% 3pt shooter for that reason either. He's hardly the first young guy to play in the NBA. There have been 45 seasons of players his age and younger, and his FT% ranks 40th amongst them. Of the guys his age and younger who've shot at least 50 3PAs, he ranks 25th out of 37.

for sure these stats are not in his favor.

He shot 41% from 3 at Duke on 5.4 attempts per game.

And being young thing is just more about confidence.

Did his percentages increase after the All star break? Both FT and 3 pt?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram had 30 Dunks this year

30 Made Dunks out of 32 attempts

15 of the dunks came post all-star break in the last 24 games.

So basically after amassing only 15 dunks in the first 58 games, he amassed another 15 in the last 24. A good improvement there.

Last edited by MJST on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

actually found it...To inconsistent to make any type of Assumption.

He started at 75% FT in November Just gradually declined from there. Could in part, among other things, be attributed to "rookie wall".

Just limited attempts and lots of games where he didn't go to the line.

Theres never a game where hes 0-7 for example....

Mostly 2-4. 3-4....Which IMO is mostly nerves. Where you miss the first make the second kinda thing. Obviously needs to improve but I don't think its broken by any stretch.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Looks super smooth.

His problem is that his mechanics are not consistent when somebody is guarding. When you are in an open gym with no one guarding you, your mechanics are much more consistent.

He shot 25% on Open 3's (closest defender = 4-6ft) and 30.6 on Wide Open 3's (6ft+). He has issues beyond just the contests.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Looks super smooth.

He shot 25% on Open 3's (closest defender = 4-6ft) and 30.6 on Wide Open 3's (6ft+). He has issues beyond just the contests.

Oh definitely. He has to completely change his shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 453, 454, 455 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 454 of 1885
Jump to: