OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Any of u stalkers have Instagram pic/vid of BIs new muscles?
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Not sure why this is even a debate, but there is one thing that will end it. Time.. So let's just give the kid time.

Lonzo will fastrack the growth on this team and that includes Ingram. Whoever comes in world class shape and be ready to run and gun will flourish and thrive this coming season. Whoever won't will most likely to be shipped. I believed in Ingram game and his work ethic.

Lonzo will struggle his rookie year just as Ingram and most other rookies do.

And would you bet money on that statement? I highly doubt the Lakers draft Ball if they know he will take a few years to get his game on par, or else they would just decide to trade the pick for someone who can help the team win now, if Ball is picked by the Lakers it's because they know he can make a Impact from day 1.

Id bet money the lakers expect Ball to be a rookie just like dlo and Ingram in their rookie years. Lots of acclimating and learning nba basketball. Lots of rookie mistakes. If they can contribute, that's great, but its rare when a team actually expects a rookie to fly out the gate. And magic and jeannie have pleaded. to fans for more patience for the youngsters.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Not sure why this is even a debate, but there is one thing that will end it. Time.. So let's just give the kid time.

Lonzo will fastrack the growth on this team and that includes Ingram. Whoever comes in world class shape and be ready to run and gun will flourish and thrive this coming season. Whoever won't will most likely to be shipped. I believed in Ingram game and his work ethic.

And would you bet money on that statement? I highly doubt the Lakers draft Ball if they know he will take a few years to get his game on par, or else they would just decide to trade the pick for someone who can help the team win now, if Ball is picked by the Lakers it's because they know he can make a Impact from day 1.

Id bet money the lakers expect Ball to be a rookie just like dlo and Ingram in their rookie years. Lots of acclimating and learning nba basketball. Lots of rookie mistakes. If they can contribute, that's great, but its rare when a team actually expects a rookie to fly out the gate. And magic and jeannie have pleaded. to fans for more patience for the youngsters.

Not the way I see it.

I wasn't expecting much from Ingram early, but I believe Ball may have an immediate impact.

When I think about our PG situation and how a journeymen without much talent like Ennis had a positive impact, I believe Ball would help us immediately, even with the expect rookie mistakes.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

I wasn't expecting much from Ingram early, but I believe Ball may have an immediate impact.

When I think about our PG situation and how a journeymen without much talent like Ennis had a positive impact, I believe Ball would help us immediately, even with the expect rookie mistakes.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

na I don't think his lady friends or trainers have leaked any yet

On a similar note - Wiggins can't be more than 205lbs max https://www.instagram.com/p/BTccuSIl295/?taken-by=22wiggins
His athleticism - change of direction and pop in traffic help nullify weight deficiency. You can't ride him cuz he has a step on you, and like we saw with Ingram late in the season - pop in the lane is explosive enough to bowl(yo is it 'bull' or boll') defenders backwards
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

On a similar note - Wiggins can't be more than 205lbs max https://www.instagram.com/p/BTccuSIl295/?taken-by=22wiggins
His athleticism - change of direction and pop in traffic help nullify weight deficiency. You can't ride him cuz he has a step on you, and like we saw with Ingram late in the season - pop in the lane is explosive enough to bowl(yo is it 'bull' or boll') defenders backwards

You got it right. Bowl. Like in bowling, you knock the pins down.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

He doesn't look any bigger imo. Hopefully, he's stronger now, though:

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

woah wait, I know skinny muscles, he's putting on some weight/muscle . yea. When the cam is zoomed, it does look like a tad of man-weight is on them arms
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

You never seen a bull in a bowling alley?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

Still nothing compared to a boll in a bowling alley
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:

Still nothing compared to a boll in a bowling alley

Right up there with a bowl in a bulling alley.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

I expect the same Ingram that I saw at the end of last season except he's also running and gunning and dunking. I have the same feeling with Lonzo. He will have an immediate impact but struggle early on with his shooting.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

I expect the same Ingram that I saw at the end of last season except he's also running and gunning and dunking. I have the same feeling with Lonzo. He will have an immediate impact but struggle early on with his shooting.

Beauty of Ball: positive impact even when taking only 4 shots. I agree. March Ingram is who we will see.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

I hope we see the Ingram of late last year. I'm cautiously optmistic. Thats what I hoped for DLO too.

But I wonder if both guys are slow starters. At leaat we'll have a shiny new toy to focus on if thats the case.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

Beauty of Ball: positive impact even when taking only 4 shots. I agree. March Ingram is who we will see.

We are going to have 2 Eliot Ness in this team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

Depending on their summer, DLo and Jules might be a part of that squad.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Ball, Fultz, Jackson or Fox will be an huge upgrade to this roster.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
CRoost wrote:
nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

Depending on their summer, DLo and Jules might be a part of that squad.

Nah they are on Sly Expendables unit.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

imo Fox wouldn't be that much more of an upgrade over Clarkson.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Not the way I see it.

I don't know how you can predict that the Lakers will even draft Ball. Maybe, maybe not. Anything more is just fandom.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

This is pretty old, but it's these type of things that really make me excited about Ingram's growth.

Quote:
The Lakers’ rookie forward had already spent the team’s “offday” on Saturday working out at the team’s practice facility. He followed that up with an individual workout with Lakers assistant coach Brian Keefe, who has trained Ingram on a nearly daily basis. Ingram’s day was hardly finished, though. Even at 8:30 p.m., Ingram still had time for one more workout.

“If I’m not asleep,” Ingram said, grinning, “it’s probably all basketball.”

That scene captures why the Lakers have become encouraged with Ingram’s steady growth as a defender, post player and ball handler. It also explains why the Lakers have stayed patient with Ingram when he has averaged 7.9 points on a 36.9 percent clip.

“When you have that type of work ethic and you can play basketball the way he can,” Lakers coach Luke Walton said, “he’s going to continue to get better and better at different things.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/01/09/brandon-ingrams-work-ethic-accelerating-his-growth/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:

imo Fox wouldn't be that much more of an upgrade over Clarkson.

If one chooses to ignore defense
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't know how you can predict that the Lakers will even draft Ball. Maybe, maybe not. Anything more is just fandom.

You can use your imagination to project how any player may fit or perform.

We are probably going to be wrong anyway. After all, Julius is not the second coming of Charles Barkley and Russell is not a passing savant second coming of Magic Johnson.

That is why it is a discussion forum
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

We will see a typical rookie, warts and all (no matter who we draft). There is no Magic or Lebron in this draft. Most of us were patient with Randle, JC, DLO, Nance, Ingram and Zubac. Whoever we draft (unless we trade the pick) we will need to be patient with them.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

Just looking at his face you can see he has gained some weight
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 495 of 1885
Jump to: