OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 561, 562, 563  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 4548

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I love the vote of confidence from Brandon Ingram, dude's gonna show out this season
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
#StayInYoLane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Posts: 970

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".


If you're not a good catch/shooter , you're probably going to try to ISO to get points...


Exactly what I was thinking. Also with BI he doesn't usually pound the rock. He'll get isolated and make a quick move.
_________________
Lonzo
Klay
PG
Nance
Boogie... The dream, Believe in Magic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 5040

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".


If you're not a good catch/shooter , you're probably going to try to ISO to get points...


Exactly what I was thinking. Also with BI he doesn't usually pound the rock. He'll get isolated and make a quick move.


And you still need elite ISO players in the game today. When defenses tighten up and take away all other options, it's essential to have a guy who can create his own shot. Given that this is summer league, I was fine with watching him showcase and develop his one-on-one scoring ability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 17234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
#StayInYoLane wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".


If you're not a good catch/shooter , you're probably going to try to ISO to get points...


Exactly what I was thinking. Also with BI he doesn't usually pound the rock. He'll get isolated and make a quick move.


And you still need elite ISO players in the game today. When defenses tighten up and take away all other options, it's essential to have a guy who can create his own shot. Given that this is summer league, I was fine with watching him showcase and develop his one-on-one scoring ability.


Yup. That IMO is what makes GS so deadly. They are a ball movement first team but have some phenomenal ISO players who can score when needed in Curry and Durant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 1563
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
#StayInYoLane wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".


If you're not a good catch/shooter , you're probably going to try to ISO to get points...


Exactly what I was thinking. Also with BI he doesn't usually pound the rock. He'll get isolated and make a quick move.


And you still need elite ISO players in the game today. When defenses tighten up and take away all other options, it's essential to have a guy who can create his own shot. Given that this is summer league, I was fine with watching him showcase and develop his one-on-one scoring ability.


I guess in some cases that's true. but Ingram doesn't pass up wide open shots to iso.. And if he is iso'ing it's the coaches encouraging him to do it. So his shot has nothing to do with him iso'ing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 7974
Location: It's Summer League!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".

Yeah I thought the same thing. But I think it'll be invaluable as he learns to harness that into a more egalitarian style of play.


It's a combination of Brandon being more comfortable in the triple threat than spot up, and Lonzo not being a pick and roll guard. Even in Chino Hills their half court go to was Gelo iso'ing in the mid post. Still, when the regular season starts I'd probably rather see an Ingram ISO than a Randle ISO or a Clarkson pick and shoot. Hope they run more set plays in the half court too.
_________________
The Professional Scorer - Lou Williams

LFR - The Long Road Toward a Respectable Laker Defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1887

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


lol D'Angelo does not have as much value as Porzingis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 1563
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


lol D'Angelo does not have as much value as Porzingis.


On LG he does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5713

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

^ so true...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 8960

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


lol D'Angelo does not have as much value as Porzingis.


On LG he does.

I'm failing to see where anyone said Russell had as much value as porzingis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1887

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


lol D'Angelo does not have as much value as Porzingis.


On LG he does.

I'm failing to see where anyone said Russell had as much value as porzingis.


My mistake, I thought he proposed a Zingis for DLO trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 774

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Did BI grew 1-2 inches?

https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

He's probably 6-10 or 6-11 now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12613

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


Well only in an alternate universe where you don't factor in Kristaps giving the 6ers more wins which may mean they never get Simmons or Fultz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 6517
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 53s54 seconds ago
More
Ingram, whos 19, has been hearing from LAL trainers that he looks like hes grown an inch or two. Said: Maybe Ill grow to KDs height.


Yup- He will end up being 7 feet tall in shoes when he is done growing. Arms keep growing too.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss

LeBronzo JamBall 2018

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 28765
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 53s54 seconds ago
More
Ingram, whos 19, has been hearing from LAL trainers that he looks like hes grown an inch or two. Said: Maybe Ill grow to KDs height.

Would it be too hard to break out a tape measure?
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 5713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 53s54 seconds ago
More
Ingram, whos 19, has been hearing from LAL trainers that he looks like hes grown an inch or two. Said: Maybe Ill grow to KDs height.

Would it be too hard to break out a tape measure?


he doesn't want to know...not weighing himself either
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 117770
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
#StayInYoLane wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".


If you're not a good catch/shooter , you're probably going to try to ISO to get points...


Exactly what I was thinking. Also with BI he doesn't usually pound the rock. He'll get isolated and make a quick move.


And you still need elite ISO players in the game today. When defenses tighten up and take away all other options, it's essential to have a guy who can create his own shot. Given that this is summer league, I was fine with watching him showcase and develop his one-on-one scoring ability.


Yup. That IMO is what makes GS so deadly. They are a ball movement first team but have some phenomenal ISO players who can score when needed in Curry and Durant.


That is how Cleveland beat them two years ago. Durant wasn't there and Curry was hobbled, so they went over 2 minutes at the end of the game without scoring.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 6122
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
Mike Trudell‏Verified account @LakersReporter 53s54 seconds ago
More
Ingram, whos 19, has been hearing from LAL trainers that he looks like hes grown an inch or two. Said: Maybe Ill grow to KDs height.

Would it be too hard to break out a tape measure?


he doesn't want to know...not weighing himself either

_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketballbut he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 11070

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Did BI grew 1-2 inches?

https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

He's probably 6-10 or 6-11 now.


Hopefully he reaches KD's height in terms of skill level too
_________________
Compiled Lakers 2016-17 Advanced Stats(UPDATED)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dzevaa
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/2017/07/brandon-ingram-praises-teammate-lonzo-ball-001842653.html

all good between B.I. and Zo so far, which is simply awesome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
statyin
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Did BI grew 1-2 inches?

https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

He's probably 6-10 or 6-11 now.


Hopefully he reaches KD's height in terms of skill level too


He need to weight train and bulk himself up to at least KD's frame. I dont really concern/ hype about his length all that much...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject:

I guess he's not playing sg next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 11070

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Did BI grew 1-2 inches?

https://clutchpoints.com/brandon-ingram-maybe-ill-grow-to-kds-height/

He's probably 6-10 or 6-11 now.


Hopefully he reaches KD's height in terms of skill level too


He need to weight train and bulk himself up to at least KD's frame. I dont really concern/ hype about his length all that much...


His skill level in combination with his length is what separates him from other wing players
_________________
Compiled Lakers 2016-17 Advanced Stats(UPDATED)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


DLo was our starting PG for the past three years and we were no where near being frightening. But once you replaced Dlo with a PG whos competent, the Lakers became very, very frightening. I cant wait for pre-season to see Ball, Ingram and Kuz running the break and see how teams decide to pick their poison to defend that.
_________________
Lakers have two untouchables: Ingram and Ball!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 10961

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
Sixers gonna regret not taking him with the #1 pick


I don't think they'll regret picking Simmons over Ingram.

They'll regret picking Okafor over Porzingis.

I think if the Sixers had drafted Porzingis, the next move they should have made was a future 1st in 2018 and the late 1st in 2017 to us for D'Angelo Russell if they were still keen on trading him. If the Lakers bit on that, then the 76ers lineup this season would be

D'Angelo Russell
Markelle Fultz
Ben Simmons
Kristaps Porzingis
Joel Embiid

Which would be frightening.

but fortunately the Sixers didn't draft Porzingis


DLo was our starting PG for the past three years and we were no where near being frightening. But once you replaced Dlo with a PG whos competent, the Lakers became very, very frightening. I cant wait for pre-season to see Ball, Ingram and Kuz running the break and see how teams decide to pick their poison to defend that.


Russell was only our starting point for two seasons.

One in the Kobe retirement tour where he never really had the reigns unless Kobe was sitting and his numbers were solid.

And last year was the first and only he had the reigns and we made an 7 win improvement.
_________________
"You can't scream TANK all year and then cry when free agents don't want to sit down with you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 561, 562, 563  Next
Page 550 of 563
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB