OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
I want to see BI develop Dirk's step-back J. Tatum already has it and it's a potent weapon.

His work with Kobe should give him the ultimate weapon; the turnaround fadeaway midrange jumper. A signature move, unstoppable if mastered.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
I want to see BI develop Dirk's step-back J. Tatum already has it and it's a potent weapon.

His work with Kobe should give him the ultimate weapon; the turnaround fadeaway midrange jumper. A signature move, unstoppable if mastered.

Pretty sure he already has that. I remember him hitting one over AD on the baseline
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

What percentage would you venture to guess Kobe shot on turnaround mid range jumpers throughout his career?

Can we do the "make open 3-pointers" part first?

He already had a decent turnaround mid game
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

What percentage would you venture to guess Kobe shot on turnaround mid range jumpers throughout his career?

He already had a decent turnaround mid game

showed it off his first shot ever in summer league last year
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Ingram is a good kid, everybody likes him, he has some outstanding physical tools and all reports are telling he is a hard worker with great work ethic and incredible focus.

Brandon reminds me of James Worthy. Not that his game resembles the way Worthy played the game, but in terms of the kind of prospect we have.

Worthy was not as naturally talented as someone like Magic, but he had some incredible physical tools, a huge will to compete and to work hard pushing himself, that is how I look at Brandon Ingram.

Some folks keep telling he had a bad rookie season, I would disagree. Ingram had a putrid 2016, but is development trajectory in 2017 is beyond expectations.

It was clear that he was not physically ready to go against grow man and it may take a couple of seasons before he can keep his balance through contact, but the trend is clear:

Jan: 11.5 PTS/36, 9.0 PER, 3.2 FTA
Feb: 11.8 PTS/36, 8.4 PER, 2.7 FTA
Mar: 13.7 PTS/36, 10.7 PER, 2.9 FTA
Apr: 18.9 PTS/36, 15.7 PER, 3.4 FTA
SL: 29.6 PTS/36, 27.6 PER, 9.0 FTA

He is increasing his numbers every single month, period.

One can argue he had putrid numbers and there were nowhere to go but up, but I do not agree. When a player increases his averages by forcing things the advanced stats usually suffers in the process. Ingram increased his PTS/36 while improving his PER at the same time finishing the season above what I would expect for a skinny 19 years old kid.

I brought FTA to discussion for two reasons:

- It helps to explain the increase of his PTS/36;

- Klay Thompson was the only playoff player with a major offensive role (still 3rd option at best) that don't attack the basket/draw fouls.

Ingram is a legit prospect, there is a reason every other GM was asking for him, we should support our player.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Ingram is a good kid, everybody likes him, he has some outstanding physical tools and all reports are telling he is a hard worker with great work ethic and incredible focus.

Brandon reminds me of James Worthy. Not that his game resembles the way Worthy played the game, but in terms of the kind of prospect we have.

Worthy was not as naturally talented as someone like Magic, but he had some incredible physical tools, a huge will to compete and to work hard pushing himself, that is how I look at Brandon Ingram.

Some folks keep telling he had a bad rookie season, I would disagree. Ingram had a putrid 2016, but is development trajectory in 2017 is beyond expectations.

It was clear that he was not physically ready to go against grow man and it may take a couple of seasons before he can keep his balance through contact, but the trend is clear:

One can argue he had putrid numbers and there were nowhere to go but up, but I do not agree. When a player increases his averages by forcing things the advanced stats usually suffers in the process. Ingram increased his PTS/36 while improving his PER at the same time finishing the season above what I would expect for a skinny 19 years old kid.

- Klay Thompson was the only playoff player with a major offensive role (still 3rd option at best) that don't attack the basket/draw fouls.

Ingram is a legit prospect, there is a reason every other GM was asking for him, we should support our player.

is there someone who isn't?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:

I mean, we don't have to support the kid just because he is our player, but because he is a great prospect to have and that is why I like to bring numbers alongside opinions.

GT told something that is great, what is more important for a plane the left wing or the right wing?

It is not just about the eye test, the progression of the numbers are there, the kid is the whole plane.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:

I mean, we don't have to support the kid just because he is our player, but because he is a great prospect to have and that is why I like to bring numbers alongside opinions.

GT told something that is great, what is more important for a plane the left wing or the right wing?

It is not just about the eye test, the progression of the numbers are there, the kid is the whole plane.

no kidding...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
nash wrote:

Left wing def. more important
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

It's gonna be interesting to see how the Dukie forwards that have come out in recent years stack up against one another 5 years from now. Jabari, BI, and now Tatum, maybe you can throw Justise Winslow in there, too - Coach K has had some great talent to work with as of late.

I'd have to admit though, injuries aside, Jabari was easily the most talented offensive player of the bunch. It's a shame that his left knee let him down, but hopefully he can still recover enough to have a solid career. BI has the most two-way potential in this group, while Tatum (though a step below healthy Jabari IMO) probably has the most potential as a pure scorer.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

Pretty sure he already has that. I remember him hitting one over AD on the baseline

True he has it, I just think that Kobe can give him the contingency plays from the move. In essence, like several others have stated, the footwork coming from move. It's all deception and execution which, IMHO, Mamba mastered.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6lyp9y/brandon_ingram_26_points_on_917/

most of the comments were straight up bashing Ingram, he's not on DLO level of hate but damn theres people just rooting for him to fail
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

most of the comments were straight up bashing Ingram, he's not on DLO level of hate but damn theres people just rooting for him to fail

That is so sad to see, especially after the way folks went after DLO.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Eh, most comments are bashing ball hog gloves and praising his potential. You have to scroll way down to start seeing the negatives, and by then you're just looking for it
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

It's just an extreme hater version of what some people do here because of the horrific rookie season he had. And I'm not saying it's unreasonable, but people are gonna be down on him until he proves otherwise, which I think he'll do this season.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Go check it out since. I didn't read the entire thing but I did read quite a bit and it only seemed positive to me. They must have got the trolls out.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Go check it out since. I didn't read the entire thing but I did read quite a bit and it only seemed positive to me. They must have got the trolls out.

much more positive than negative ...
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Is there any confirmation that Ingram is going to workout with Kobe? Or is it just him wanting to?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

True Lakers Fan wrote:
Is there any confirmation that Ingram is going to workout with Kobe? Or is it just him wanting to?

I'm glad at least one of our players is going to learn how to watch film with Kobe. That's probably more valuable than anything else Kobe can share. Actually I hope Lonzo tags along with BI if they are going to learn how to study film.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-brandon-ingram-remains-committed-to-workout-with-kobe-bryant/2017/07/22/

And Ingram remained committed to his anticipated workout with former Lakers star Kobe Bryant that will focus on learning how he watches film, scouts teams and studies player tendencies.

“Everything we do on the basketball court is mental,” Ingram said. “It’s nothing physical.”
akhan786
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
It's gonna be interesting to see how the Dukie forwards that have come out in recent years stack up against one another 5 years from now. Jabari, BI, and now Tatum, maybe you can throw Justise Winslow in there, too - Coach K has had some great talent to work with as of late.

I'd have to admit though, injuries aside, Jabari was easily the most talented offensive player of the bunch. It's a shame that his left knee let him down, but hopefully he can still recover enough to have a solid career. BI has the most two-way potential in this group, while Tatum (though a step below healthy Jabari IMO) probably has the most potential as a pure scorer.

I think Ingram is far and away the best prospect out of all the recent Dukie forwards. I really believe that BI's ceiling can be Top 5 in the league, while the other Dukies are likely only going to be really good All-Stars. If Jabari hadn't gotten hurt, I really feel like he would have ended up better than Tatum by the end of their careers. Winslow's ceiling is an Igoudala type player.

Ingram (with added weight) is honestly a combination of the other three forwards. Jabari's smoothness and feel for the game, Tatum's insane length, and Winslow's defensive potential.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

On one of the morning sports talk show, they compared BI as a 6'9'' Eddie Jones
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:

I'm glad at least one of our players is going to learn how to watch film with Kobe. That's probably more valuable than anything else Kobe can share. Actually I hope Lonzo tags along with BI if they are going to learn how to study film.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-brandon-ingram-remains-committed-to-workout-with-kobe-bryant/2017/07/22/

And Ingram remained committed to his anticipated workout with former Lakers star Kobe Bryant that will focus on learning how he watches film, scouts teams and studies player tendencies.

“Everything we do on the basketball court is mental,” Ingram said. “It’s nothing physical.”

I'm happy he's learnig how to watch film with Kobe. That said, I'd like him to learn how to develop his body and add to his game. Kobe played in the league for a long time, and he kept his body in top shape. I'd like him to pick Kobe's brain about how to train & develop his body. If anyone can point him in the right direction, it's Kobe.

Obviously I want Kobe to teach Ingram moves and footwork, but I'd like him to provide Ingram with a game plan of what to learn and when to learn it, or pace him if you will. Not sure that makes sense, but I want him to mock Kobes development plan over the years. (in no way do I expect him to do what Kobe did on the court)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

This. A turnaround fadeaway jumper is the least of my concerns with BI or nowhere near where I want him focused on improving.

Plus, I'd rather just see BI develop on his own and trademark his own shot type.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I want him to perfect the 360 layup.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I want him to perfect the 360 layup.

I'd like to see him working on a skyhook from the 3pt line. That would make him not just untouchable but also unstoppable
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 561 of 1885
Jump to: