OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 565, 566, 567 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I see 15, 5 and 4 on 44,30, 80 for Ingram
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I don't want to sound overly optimistic but I can definitely see Ingram having a much bigger jump than we saw DLo from year 1 and year 2.

I definitely expect this simply because BI runs with a hotter motor. There are a lot of guards with SF length like DAR (surprisingly), but there aren't many wings like BI with PF/C length. It really stands out.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
I don't want to sound overly optimistic but I can definitely see Ingram having a much bigger jump than we saw DLo from year 1 and year 2. I see Ingram with a pretty solid 17, 5, 4 on 45, 34, 70 percentages.

Luke gave BI a whole ton of minutes last year with a long leash. The front office has nothing but positive things to say about him. I can see him getting about 34 minutes a game. His added strength and experience in Luke's offense along with the Lonzo effect should help out his numbers as well. His shot looks a lot smoother and the form looks cleaner which I believe will really help his percentages and in turn help out his raw numbers.

It is tough to compare because the sample size of one game isn't a sample size and while my expectations for Ingram ara high, I think this is the season where he assert himself as a player of this league, it is still year 3 where I expect the big jump

Russell improvement from first to second summer league was huge, look at his PER from one year to another and your jaw may drop.

I just want from Ingram to keep working hard and steadily improving, the results wll show in the due time.

Russell's PER went from 13.2 to 15.3 during the regular season. We will have to wait and see what Ingram's is during the season. DLo's BPM went from 0 to 1.3, VORP from 0.1 to 0.7 and WS/48 from 0 to .033. His improvements were there but very minor from the advanced side. If you look at Randle's numbers his jump was actually quite better than DLos.

I do believe this year will be a bigger jump for DLo but not as large of a jump that rookie year Ingram to Sophmore Ingram will make.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
I don't want to sound overly optimistic but I can definitely see Ingram having a much bigger jump than we saw DLo from year 1 and year 2. I see Ingram with a pretty solid 17, 5, 4 on 45, 34, 70 percentages.

Luke gave BI a whole ton of minutes last year with a long leash. The front office has nothing but positive things to say about him. I can see him getting about 34 minutes a game. His added strength and experience in Luke's offense along with the Lonzo effect should help out his numbers as well. His shot looks a lot smoother and the form looks cleaner which I believe will really help his percentages and in turn help out his raw numbers.

It is tough to compare because the sample size of one game isn't a sample size and while my expectations for Ingram ara high, I think this is the season where he assert himself as a player of this league, it is still year 3 where I expect the big jump

Russell improvement from first to second summer league was huge, look at his PER from one year to another and your jaw may drop.

I just want from Ingram to keep working hard and steadily improving, the results wll show in the due time.

Russell's PER went from 13.2 to 15.3 during the regular season. We will have to wait and see what Ingram's is during the season. DLo's BPM went from 0 to 1.3, VORP from 0.1 to 0.7 and WS/48 from 0 to .033. His improvements were there but very minor from the advanced side. If you look at Randle's numbers his jump was actually quite better than DLos.

I do believe this year will be a bigger jump for DLo but not as large of a jump that rookie year Ingram to Sophmore Ingram will make.

I was talking about summer league.

Russell went from a 7.1 PER as a rookie to 29.0 PER his second time (summer league stats)

Last edited by nash on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers News: Rob Pelinka Sees Brandon Ingram As Primary Playmaker Late In Games

“He’s gonna be our end of the game playmaker. He’s gonna have to step up and make big plays on both sides of the ball […] Because of Brandon’s versatility, Luke Walton will play him at the 1, the 2, the 3 and really call on him night in, night out to make those big plays in key moments.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-rob-pelinka-sees-brandon-ingram-as-primary-playmaker-late-in-games/2017/08/14/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

“He’s gonna be our end of the game playmaker. He’s gonna have to step up and make big plays on both sides of the ball […] Because of Brandon’s versatility, Luke Walton will play him at the 1, the 2, the 3 and really call on him night in, night out to make those big plays in key moments.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-rob-pelinka-sees-brandon-ingram-as-primary-playmaker-late-in-games/2017/08/14/

I don't think our goal is to constantly force feed someone late in games given Luke's offense. But he'll hopefully come up big and continue to improve!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Until 2 max players come?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.

Yeah not sure BI is ready for all that yet.

I guess we'll see lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

Maybe he's just repeating what he's heard Luke say privately. It's a pretty bizarre comment to anoint someone your goto scorer on the basis of... one game in the SPL? Of course they've anointed Lonzo a hall of famer already so maybe it's just how they roll.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.

I guess we'll see lol

No one is ever ready for greatness until an opportunity forces one to be great. He has Mamba in him.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Russell went from a 7.1 PER as a rookie to 29.0 PER his second time (summer league stats)

Yes, I know you were. My post was about the regular season though. We don't know BI's sophomore numbers yet so it's still hypothetical. DLo's rookie to sophomore year regular season numbers weren't that much better. We'll have to wait and see how Brandon's jump will look like.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.

I guess we'll see lol

Since there are no expectations that he'll need to fill this role in truly critical games this season (those with playoff ramifications), it doesn't really matter if he's ready. It's something he needs to learn, and the Lakers need to learn if it's something he can do.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.

I guess we'll see lol

Magic and Pelinka seem to think he's ready to take a major step year, these guys see Ingram daily and sense how he's gonna do, so I trust that they think he's close to being a star in this league.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
nash wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Yes, I know you were. My post was about the regular season though. We don't know BI's sophomore numbers yet so it's still hypothetical. DLo's rookie to sophomore year regular season numbers weren't that much better. We'll have to wait and see how Brandon's jump will look like.

I think it will be similar to the jump Randle had. Poor coaching and team composition made Brandon appear much worse than he actually was.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
22 wrote:
ocho wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Yuh oh.

I guess we'll see lol

Since there are no expectations that he'll need to fill this role in truly critical games this season (those with playoff ramifications), it doesn't really matter if he's ready. It's something he needs to learn, and the Lakers need to learn if it's something he can do.

That will happen naturally though.

It doesn't have to be force fed (which is what it sounds like when reading these comments). For example Julius & DLO were involved in lots of these situations last 2 years. Teammates just know to get you the ball if you're not afraid of the clutch moments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

Ingram 20ppg, 5rpg, 4apg, 1.5spg and 1.2bpg.

Ball 10ppg, 7rpg, 10apg and 1.5spg
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

Doing it over the course of 82 games, not as a 4th or 5th option anymore is a different beast.

He will improve, but 20/5/5 for him is not likely. Maybe 14/6/3 or something close to that.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Ingram is gonna ball this year, and he can be a go-to scorer eventually. However, I don't think we want to call iso plays late in the game with everyone else clearing space with their hands in their pockets. I think Zo and BI can both attack the paint and either create for themselves or others late in the game. Both seem to play well off-the-ball too, so they can be used interchangeably, as decoys (at times), to draw the defense to the opposite side of the action (assuming their 3pt% is solid this year to make them legit threats from outside). Meanwhile, Randle/Nance/Zubac attack the glass and get ready for lobs or easy finishes, and Clarkson/Kuz cut or knock down open shots when the defense focuses on BI/Zo.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Ingram 20ppg, 5rpg, 4apg, 1.5spg and 1.2bpg.

Ball 10ppg, 7rpg, 10apg and 1.5spg

He scored 20+ points two times last year. His career high is 22.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Maybe he's just repeating what he's heard Luke say privately. It's a pretty bizarre comment to anoint someone your goto scorer on the basis of... one game in the SPL? Of course they've anointed Lonzo a hall of famer already so maybe it's just how they roll.

The FO churns the PR machine and hope some will buy in. If not, they change the message. Ingram is a talent but if a small example of SL play is accurate, he is more of an iso player than anything. Those types of players often shine in clutch time.

Pelinka comes off as more of an agent than a GM.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

Yes. The "agent" GM got us KCP and didn't blow the Lakers wad on long-term, mediocre players like Deng/Moz.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

Yes, a one year rental when we were going to be big players in free agency.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Who said we were going to be big players in 2017 FA? They said the opposite, and got a good quality starting SG.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Who said we were going to be big players in 2017 FA? They said the opposite, and got a good quality starting SG.

I think he's saying he would have preferred to be a player in FA this year. Basically the money-burning-a-hole-in-your-pocket strategy of last year. Who cares about George, LeBron or Westbrook next year? We very well could have had Danilo Gallinari today!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 565, 566, 567 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 566 of 1885
Jump to: