OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Russell was my favorite laker and I would have drove him to the airport myself for Giannis
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?

Brandon Ingram has officially become a religion.

Well you should know all about religion since you worshiped at the church of DLO.

Lmao

Utterly ridiculous. Any of us who liked Russell...who had a significantly better rookie season than Ingram did...would have shipped him out so fast in exchange for Giannis or Davis it's not even funny.

There is probably 15-20 guys we would have without a doubt traded him for but nonetheless I guess its easier for people to make up this notion that there was a DLO stan club around here.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Russell was my favorite laker and I would have drove him to the airport myself for Giannis

--Anonymous
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Everyone probably looks 6'11" to Trudell.

That's cold, but
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, I would have shipped Russell off for Giannis and Davis too. I don't think Russell was a comparable talent to Ingram though. I'd trade Ingram for Giannis. Wouldn't for Davis though - I have a low opinion of him. I think he's fools gold.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Ingram is untouchable if guys like Giannis/AD are on the table. Let's not get too silly about that. These are young proven all NBA/all stars. It would frankly be a testament to how valuable ingram was is he was traded for these amazing players.
Imo, too many times posters assume that what we saw in a player's past season(s) is what coaches and mgmt currently see behind the scenes at practice facilities. Then posters talk as if our information is credible and as up to date as can be expected. If Ingram is the player he's reported to be (despite realistic skepticism, some players do have breakout years), his value goes beyond stats. He's even more valuable if he's highly productive, and being 20 y/o is factored with his affordable contract. There's a lot of great basketball years of ability ahead. My guess is that mgmt isn't projecting him to be the 14-15 ppt scorer that many lg'ers suspect will be this year's ceiling.

A 20 y/o who's on the verge of a breakout year is something I'd prefer over an often/easily injured center with large contract needs. Forgive me if I like Giannis but prefer a guy who I suspect is in the process of perfecting his shot. Call me crazy, but that's just me. Im not going with the crowd on that one. Untouchable to me means untouchable.

So let me get this straight, if Anthony Davis or Giannis were being offered for Ingram straight up you'd refuse it?

Well you should know all about religion since you worshiped at the church of DLO.

Lmao

Utterly ridiculous. Any of us who liked Russell...who had a significantly better rookie season than Ingram did...would have shipped him out so fast in exchange for Giannis or Davis it's not even funny.

There is probably 15-20 guys we would have without a doubt traded him for but nonetheless I guess its easier for people to make up this notion that there was a DLO stan club around here.

But it's just as ridiculous to take one poster and make him the carte blanche of some kind of fictional, cult following that Ingram supposedly has. There's "crazies" who dive headfirst into irrationality in any and every fan base for players and teams.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lmao

Lmao I find it funny you speak for all Russell fans now...now thats ridiculous

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
ocho wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lmao

IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject:

This isn't a trade thread and apparently not a church. Can we please get back to discussing/appreciating Ingram instead of dreaming of trading him for Davis or Giannis (at least in this thread)?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

What I think is going to help Ingram this year: getting foul calls. Coming into his second year, if Ingram is aggressive, I think he'll get more calls, and eventually more attempts at the line. I know the Clipper game was just summer league, but I loved the "love" he was getting from the refs as BI went 7-8 on the line.

He had 2.7 FTAs a game last year. But at a measly 62%. Hopefully his % goes up, but either way, getting more foul calls will help:

1. More attempts at a chance to increase scoring
2. More fouls on shot attempts will prevents fg% from going down on missed shots
3. Puts the defense in foul trouble earlier
4. More fouls calls on BI, means the defender will most likely be less aggressive against him
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

We're on a Brandon Ingram thread, proposing trades where we trade Ingram and get back established long term stars already locked into long term deals to show how not untouchable Brandon Ingram is.

We then use these hypothetical situations to analyze how crazy the love for Ingram is (on an Ingram thread) and compare it to the DLO situation like it matters.

smh
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I went into the game (at Summer League) and it all felt natural. I felt like myself again. I felt like I was just playing regular basketball. Now I feel even better. Better conditioned, stronger. We’ve been putting in so much work in the weight room. The skill work we’ve been doing every single day … working on offense and defense. Especially with my improved conditioning, I think with my point guard Lonzo Ball kicking the ball ahead and the way we want to play fast … the sky is the limit.

I shed a tear of happiness reading "my point guard Lonzo Ball".

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170915-ingram-keefe-interview?cid=tw
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

It's kinda funny that my comment was somehow taken as "I wouldn't trade X player for Y player". I have not made such a comment now or in the past. You can look up every single one of my posts and there is not one comment regarding Brandon Ingram that is claiming some ridiculous (bleep). It is odd though that certain posters who are not that high on Ingram posts in this thread are the same ones that supported Dlo heavily. Pile on like you guys always do because the Church of DLO is strong in this one.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
It's kinda funny that my comment was somehow taken as "I wouldn't trade X player for Y player". I have not made such a comment now or in the past. You can look up every single one of my posts and there is not one comment regarding Brandon Ingram that is claiming some ridiculous (bleep). It is odd though that certain posters who are not that high on Ingram posts in this thread are the same ones that supported Dlo heavily. Pile on like you guys always do because the Church of DLO is strong in this one.

They are grasping at straws, they can't help themselves man

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Sigh.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:
I went into the game (at Summer League) and it all felt natural. I felt like myself again. I felt like I was just playing regular basketball. Now I feel even better. Better conditioned, stronger. We’ve been putting in so much work in the weight room. The skill work we’ve been doing every single day … working on offense and defense. Especially with my improved conditioning, I think with my point guard Lonzo Ball kicking the ball ahead and the way we want to play fast … the sky is the limit.

I shed a tear of happiness reading "my point guard Lonzo Ball".

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170915-ingram-keefe-interview?cid=tw

I had no idea what Lonzo was telling him on the sidelines of Summer League but they were cracking up every time the camera jumped to them on the bench.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
It is odd though that certain posters who are not that high on Ingram posts in this thread are the same ones that supported Dlo heavily.

it's also odd that Ingram averaging 13 ppg post All-Star break was enough to signify his leap to superstardom, but D'lo averaging 20/5/5 post ASB is too small a sample size.

Here's the problem.

Posters like you try to call out people that supported D'lo as if they were crazy "stan"like stalker fans that worship at the "Church of D'lo" as opposed to acknowledging wherever they may have a legitimate argument and would rather cast them off as delusional fans that were blind to their worship/fandom of a player. Which is about as definitive the pot calling the kettle black as it gets to be honest.

If your entire argument is "If you supported D'lo you were a stan, if you support Ingram you're a good guy."

I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I could easily start naming a bunch of posters at the "church of BI" that will blow up any little thing he does while neglect if he has a teammate that does anything better or peg them as unproven.

Case in point, Amoila Cesar can do an in depth interview with GT about all that Julius Randle did this off-season and how much better he's looking and breaks down in detail all the stuff he's doing and they worked on.

But yet some fans will go "Well thats his job" or "what's he supposed to say? It's his trainer" or "believe it when I see it..."

But Mike Trudell says BI is 6'11 and moving faster and looking stronger and those same people go "BI is getting ready to take over the league!!!"

Some of ya'll could EASILY be pegged as "Church of BI" goers. But you don't. But yet for some reason ya'll feel the need to bring up D'lo or reference any fan of D'lo as a "stan that worshipped him" because you disagree with their appreciation of him as a player.

You can't have your cake and eat it too and act like you have the high ground when I've seen much more "rose colored glasses" when it comes to BI than I ever did with D'lo, as with D'lo it was usually always backed up by statistical fact than it has with BI. But anyone that supported D'lo was blind and delusional as opposed to those that supported BI? Alright.... again... that's the definitive "pot, meet kettle" situation.

So how about being classy and instead of acting like "oh a different opinion or appreciation for another player that I don't particularly like means they're delusional" mentality while high fiving the same 3 guys who happen to agree with you.

Now on to more important things and the topic at hand, I expect BI to have a solid season this year, due to what I've heard he's been working on, and I hope it translates very well to the game this season as he discovers what he can and can't get away with in his 2nd year, as a natural state of progression.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

At least based on this pic, BI looks like he got bigger https://www.instagram.com/p/BY_vwdFn33d/?hl=en&taken-by=lakers
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

grief is a terrible thing...
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
FWIW, I would have shipped Russell off for Giannis and Davis too. I don't think Russell was a comparable talent to Ingram though. I'd trade Ingram for Giannis. Wouldn't for Davis though - I have a low opinion of him. I think he's fools gold.

giannis is overrated tbh ...
id rather hold on to ingram ...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I'd definitely trade him for DAVIS.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject:

I would consider trading both lonzo and Ingram for Giannis. Not sure if I would do it but I would think about it. I mean some of us are hoping Ingram gets as good as giannis is now and giannis will still get a lot better. I take the sure thing every time. I would also trade Ingram for Davis. Ingram is all potential at the moment. Could turn out really good, could turn out average. We shall see what happens.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

80% Gianni's with a better jumpshot. One of the most difficult things to tell is how well a player's body transforms after NBA training. It seems obvious that it had a more profound effect on Giannis in terms of strength and explosiveness.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject:

Why are we talking trades? None of the Giannis/AD ones would be realistic anyways. Ingram is one of our future core players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 578 of 1885
Jump to: