OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 578, 579, 580 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Why are we talking trades? None of the Giannis/AD ones would be realistic anyways. Ingram is one of our future core players.
last year we also thought Dlo is one of our future core player~
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Why are we talking trades? None of the Giannis/AD ones would be realistic anyways. Ingram is one of our future core players.

not everyone...
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

So there's just no moving on from the Snitch until we make the playoffs then? So be it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He is until he isn't. Right now he is.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I would consider trading both lonzo and Ingram for Giannis. Not sure if I would do it but I would think about it. I mean some of us are hoping Ingram gets as good as giannis is now and giannis will still get a lot better. I take the sure thing every time. I would also trade Ingram for Davis. Ingram is all potential at the moment. Could turn out really good, could turn out average. We shall see what happens.

I'd trade Ingram for Davis. But you'd give up both Ball & BI for GA? Really? Wow. That's a lot of assets to give up, and I'm putting it mildly.

I can see your rationale because neither of them individually at this point is worth GA. But in the very near future we'll be having serious reservations about the move. I say that primarily because of Ball.

I love BI, but a point guard who makes the whole team better, rather than just being an outstanding individual talent like BI or Giannis, is rare, and in this scenario I (from a potential standpoint, I know) get to keep both kinds of players.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Quote:
I went into the game (at Summer League) and it all felt natural. I felt like myself again. I felt like I was just playing regular basketball. Now I feel even better. Better conditioned, stronger. We’ve been putting in so much work in the weight room. The skill work we’ve been doing every single day … working on offense and defense. Especially with my improved conditioning, I think with my point guard Lonzo Ball kicking the ball ahead and the way we want to play fast … the sky is the limit.

I shed a tear of happiness reading "my point guard Lonzo Ball".

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/170915-ingram-keefe-interview?cid=tw

I had no idea what Lonzo was telling him on the sidelines of Summer League but they were cracking up every time the camera jumped to them on the bench.

I noticed that too . Also could see Zo freestyling before games with different teammates. I didn't realize he had so much gravitas if you will. Guy is the life of the party.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

To be fair, you were the one who ignited all of this trade talk on page 576 lol.

yinoma2001 wrote:
I would trade Ingram for Giannis in a heartbeat. And I really like ingram.

You said that and it's been lit ever since
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

To be fair, you were the one who ignited all of this trade talk on page 576 lol.

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah but this trade isn't even on the table. Just said it in response to someone saying he's untouchable, which I disagree. But my position has always been to keep him, even with lbj and pg13 here in 2018.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah but this trade isn't even on the table. Just said it in response to someone saying he's untouchable, which I disagree. But my position has always been to keep him, even with lbj and pg13 here in 2018.

If the only players you'd consider trading him for are players that are untouchables in their own respective franchises, then damn right Ingram is untouchable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If the only players you'd consider trading him for are players that are untouchables in their own respective franchises, then damn right Ingram is untouchable.

Umm no but it shows how highly I value Ingram. This isn't about trading him for someone like CJ McCollum or Blake griffin. I just don't think Ingram has built enough value on court to fetch bona fide young all NBA players yet.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
FWIW, I would have shipped Russell off for Giannis and Davis too. I don't think Russell was a comparable talent to Ingram though. I'd trade Ingram for Giannis. Wouldn't for Davis though - I have a low opinion of him. I think he's fools gold.

Porque? Injury concern?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
FWIW, I would have shipped Russell off for Giannis and Davis too. I don't think Russell was a comparable talent to Ingram though. I'd trade Ingram for Giannis. Wouldn't for Davis though - I have a low opinion of him. I think he's fools gold.

Porque? Injury concern?

Davis??!! i'd take him in a heartbeat

Instant Contenders if we get a Ball, PG, Lebron and Davis lineup going. But they'd want Ball/Ingram and 1st round picks and much more
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Porque? Injury concern?

2012-2013 Hornets: 27-55
2013-2014 Hornets: 34-48
2014-2015 Hornets: 45-37
2015-2016 Hornets: 30-52
2016-2017 Hornets: 34-48

Davis' teams have had an average of 34 wins per season, and on a downward trend. Not only has his team not won, but he also seems to be somewhat injury prone. IMO, a superstar talent, with little to no help around him, will always make his team, at the least, a playoff contender. I think you can say that about Durant, Curry, Leonard, Lebron, Westbrook and Harden. I think, as of last season, you could say that about Giannis too. I don't think you can say that about Davis. I think he looks the part, but its fools gold.

Davis, to me, is in the second group of stars - Irving, Butler, George, Thomas, Thompson, Paul, Griffin, Lillard and Davis. These are all guys who require someone better than them on their team if they were to ever win a title. In other words, these players (including Davis), IMO, will never win a title as the best player on that championship team.

Ingram, IMO, has the CHANCE (not certainty, just chance) to be the best player on a championship team and/or a player as good as Davis. While Davis is a sure thing and Ingram is not, I don't think Davis gets us where we want to go while Ingram still could. If someone in the #2 group isn't going to get us where we need to go anyway, I don't see the point in giving up the chance that Ingram could get us there just for the potential playoff contention or another 10 wins each year that a guy like Davis would bring. That's why I take the uncertainty of Ingram over the certainty of Davis.

Also, to be clear, I'm taking this approach assuming that we don't get Lebron or Westbrook. If we did, I'd probably change my opinion. My approach is less about Ingram, more about team building and my perspective on Davis.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
At least based on this pic, BI looks like he got bigger https://www.instagram.com/p/BY_vwdFn33d/?hl=en&taken-by=lakers

I was positive that he did from that 1 gm and I don't think it was my eyes deceiving. He was rail thin on draft day. He's still thin, but he added at least the first layer of bulk that he was missing before. I can see him as one of those twig rooks who "normalizes" as the years go by, like Elden Campbell. He was a toothpick and he bulked up into an imposing figure (playing aside). Tyson Chandler another. I'm not worried about BI's weight any longer.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I agree that he's putting on some muscle... but he's still about 3-4 years away I think from having a decent build. https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/mobile__500x300_/public/externals/818903b2ecc466abff613afecfbee317.jpg?itok=RTq6BfFk
Still gottta get his arms and shoulders bigger than his forearms haha
Fwiw the pic looks a bit stretched
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I agree that he's putting on some muscle... but he's still about 3-4 years away I think from having a decent build. https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/default/files/styles/mobile__500x300_/public/externals/818903b2ecc466abff613afecfbee317.jpg?itok=RTq6BfFk
Still gottta get his arms and shoulders bigger than his forearms haha
Fwiw the pic looks a bit stretched

He does not need big muscles to be effective in this league with his length, speed, IQ, hops and shooting.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

His build is mostly genetic, it will take years for him to look like he actually gained some muscle mass. But don't sleep on his figure, he is that skinny tough type who doesn't appear intimidating but is stronger than he lets on.

In other news, it appears BI has learned from kobe afterall with this ruthless tweet lol

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/9/14/16309794/la-lakers-brandon-ingram-news-tweet-hunger-social-media-owned-fan
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Nice article on Ingram being a potential break out candidate.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2017/9/20/16337768/2017-nba-breakout-players-preview
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

The Ringer NBA Show Gushes over Ingram

Chris Vernon & Kevin O'Conner of The Ringer NBA Show talks about which second year player they expect to see a giant leap from this season. They both hands down said Brandon Ingram. Vernon goes on to talk about an article he read from Frank Urbina of Hoopshype about Ingram.

"In 2016-17, Ingram became just the fifth player in league history to total at least 150 assists, 50 three-pointers and 36 blocks for a season before the age of 19. The other five were Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Kevin Durant."

That's some serious company. Here's the link to the podcast. Fast forward to the 54 minute mark to hear all about Ingram.

https://youtu.be/0QhXKp1lOhA
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Ringer NBA Show Gushes over Ingram

Chris Vernon & Kevin O'Conner of The Ringer NBA Show talks about which second year player they expect to see a giant leap from this season. They both hands down said Brandon Ingram. Vernon goes on to talk about an article he read from Frank Urbina of Hoopshype about Ingram.

"In 2016-17, Ingram became just the fifth player in league history to total at least 150 assists, 50 three-pointers and 36 blocks for a season before the age of 19. The other five were Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Kevin Durant."

That's some serious company. Here's the link to the podcast. Fast forward to the 54 minute mark to hear all about Ingram.

https://youtu.be/0QhXKp1lOhA

That's really good company

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker Film Room Video: How Lonzo, Ingram, & Randle fit together on offense.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/09/21/laker-film-room-lonzo-ingram-randle-fit/

Lonzo does have that great skill of grabbing rebounds, I think 2 things are a given for him right now, he's gonna be a good rebounder like Rondo and is gonna be a elite passer, right now how his offense translate is the only question mark.

Also I think it's normal if Ingram ends up scoring 20-22PPG, he just has a different mentality now and is ready for stardom.

This season might end up being one of the most exciting in Lakers history IMO, there is just so many guys hungry and ready to take the next step.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

He may not start, but he will be in the varsity all star game at staples. Kobe will be in attendance, goes without saying. It's good for the sport, for television, and good for the league - not to mention, he'll earn the nod.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

He looks bigger and more stronger now

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/71pk1d/does_ingram_look_like_hes_gained_some_size_or_is/
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to see him play against real NBA competition. In summer league he looked amazing. I think that is the first time I've seen him dominate and I think he can in the real NBA season. I've always had high hopes for the kid. I just think he has that tenacity about him.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

On Spectrum today, they previewed a snippet from an interview with Luke that's going to air on Tuesday, and they asked him who the leading scorer was likely to be on the team this year now that the two top scorers from the team last year (DLo and Lou Williams) are gone. Luke said with next to no hesitation, Brandon Ingram, "At least based off of what we're seeing in practice". He also said, "maybe" Brook Lopez is up there as well.

I mean, this is all speculative interpretation, but it does appear to seem like Luke is suggesting that, at least in practice, side by side in the same gym, Ingram is already looking like as capable, if not more so, a scorer as Brook Lopez, who averaged 20 ppg last year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 578, 579, 580 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 579 of 1885
Jump to: