OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 579, 580, 581 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Either Magic is gonna be coo coo for saying 18 ppg. Or he's gonna be a genius.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Fix the nasty hair do and BI is ready to roll in 2018!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
On Spectrum today, they previewed a snippet from an interview with Luke that's going to air on Tuesday, and they asked him who the leading scorer was likely to be on the team this year now that the two top scorers from the team last year (DLo and Lou Williams) are gone. Luke said with next to no hesitation, Brandon Ingram, "At least based off of what we're seeing in practice". He also said, "maybe" Brook Lopez is up there as well.

I mean, this is all speculative interpretation, but it does appear to seem like Luke is suggesting that, at least in practice, side by side in the same gym, Ingram is already looking like as capable, if not more so, a scorer as Brook Lopez, who averaged 20 ppg last year

That's probably because he plans to play Ingram 40 minutes and Lopez 20 minutes. Luke's minutes were suspect last season.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject:

If you look at last summer league to this year it is night and day.

At the end of last season BI had gotten much better.

In his summer league game he was way more explosive than he was at the end of last season. It was a night and day thing.

It has been an additional 2 months since summer league and at his rate of improvement I expect to see another leap.

Waiting to see how much the shot has improved. If his shot becomes money watch out because that is an unblockable shot and when they try an close out on him he has already shown the explosiveness to blow by people.

If that shot becomes money he will be over 20 ppg.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
On Spectrum today, they previewed a snippet from an interview with Luke that's going to air on Tuesday, and they asked him who the leading scorer was likely to be on the team this year now that the two top scorers from the team last year (DLo and Lou Williams) are gone. Luke said with next to no hesitation, Brandon Ingram, "At least based off of what we're seeing in practice". He also said, "maybe" Brook Lopez is up there as well.

I mean, this is all speculative interpretation, but it does appear to seem like Luke is suggesting that, at least in practice, side by side in the same gym, Ingram is already looking like as capable, if not more so, a scorer as Brook Lopez, who averaged 20 ppg last year

Huh. Luke is usually all about leveling expectations in the media and preaching patience with development, so I think it really speaks to BI's progress if he's actually willing to publicly say that.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

It's not overly surprising to hear Luke say that. That jump he made at the end of the year, even if the numbers weren't spectacular, showed the kind of potential he has as a scorer. They started to run the offense through him more and were giving him the ball at end of the quarter situations. Then you take into account his SL game and the way Trudell has raved about how he looks this summer and that he's actually made another leap as a scorer since that SL game, all of this is pretty consistent.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

With the way Ball passing the ball, it will be interesting to see who will be the leading scorer.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Do you have a link for this? I haven't seen this anywhere and this is definitely something that Lakers Nation or Silver Screen & Roll would aggregate.

I didn't see it on the spectrum site or re-shared on YouTube when I looked this morning, maybe it was a teaser on commercial break?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Ingram showed flashes of becoming a monster towards the end of the season. Summer League he was the most dominant player there. I don't know what he'll become, but I think it's something special right there. A lot of people are saying Kawhi 2.0, and I guess I can't argue much with that. But there's some sort of fire, desire, tenacity, & willingness to be great that this team hasn't seen since the Kobe Championship Teams. If you're not aboard the Ingram train yet, hop right on because he is about to become the highly coveted, wing scorer/defender that most teams want but seldomly can obtain.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Do you have a link for this? I haven't seen this anywhere and this is definitely something that Lakers Nation or Silver Screen & Roll would aggregate.

It was a tiny little teaser during the show when Geeter, Andy, and Bres were discussing who would lead the team in scoring this season. The full interview is airing on Tuesday, I believe
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all if Ingram was our 3rd or 4th best scorer this season behind guys like Lopez, KCP, Ball, Randle. The leading scorer is up for grabs. I think at the end of the day the guy who plays the most will be up there. In some ways Luke has some control over that.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked at all if Ingram was our 3rd or 4th best scorer this season behind guys like Lopez, KCP, Ball, Randle. The leading scorer is up for grabs. I think at the end of the day the guy who plays the most will be up there. In some ways Luke has some control over that.

I'm expecting him to be below Brook, Randle, and KCP, but above Ball.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

If Luke is saying that, I believe him. I'm a huge BI fan -- my favorite Laker since we were any good -- so I would love to see it. Whatever it is, it will still be a work in progress. Barring injuries, he'll be improving every year.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

If anyone averages more points than him, it'll be Lopez. That's it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

KCP might be close to a 20ppg guy IMO
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
defense wrote:

I'm expecting BI to put up 20-22 ppg.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Judah wrote:

in his 4yr career his max average is 14.5. I doubt he is going to jump so high while covering the toughest assignment on the other end
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Judah wrote:

in his 4yr career his max average is 14.5. I doubt he is going to jump so high while covering the toughest assignment on the other end

Never said above 20 but I believe he was trending at closer to 16/17 before he got injured and he's never played with a point like Lonzo who looks ahead for those advance passes which is something KCP thrives at... To think he goes from 15 to 18/19/20 is not a huge stretch.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Practice wrote:
defense wrote:

That big of a jump would be pretty crazy.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Judah wrote:

He was like the fourth option in Detroit, so who knows with him.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

We're going to be a really crappy team if Pope is our leading scorer.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
We're going to be a really crappy team if Pope is our leading scorer.

I don't think anyone expects KCP to be our top scorer.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Practice wrote:
defense wrote:

That big of a jump would be pretty crazy.

But not unprecedented.

KG went from 10 ppg at age 19 to 17 at age 20
Z-Bo went from 8 ppg at age 20 to 20 ppg at age 21
LA went from 9 ppg as a rookie to 18 as a soph.
Dirk went from 8 to 18
Jamison went from 10 to 20

Several smaller guys have had +10 ppg jumps in their 2nd year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Ingram showed flashes of becoming a monster towards the end of the season. Summer League he was the most dominant player there. I don't know what he'll become, but I think it's something special right there. A lot of people are saying Kawhi 2.0, and I guess I can't argue much with that. But there's some sort of fire, desire, tenacity, & willingness to be great that this team hasn't seen since the Kobe Championship Teams. If you're not aboard the Ingram train yet, hop right on because he is about to become the highly coveted, wing scorer/defender that most teams want but seldomly can obtain.

He scored 20+ points twice last season. There was nothing to indicate that he'd be a leading scorer on an NBA team the following year. Color me extremely skeptical, but the people who are around him every are certainly all singing the same tune.

Yeah dude. I didn't say he'll be our leading scorer next season, but I do see something special about the kid. Congrats on media day by the way. Hope you get your credentials!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

We've been deprived of Ingram workout vids this summer very disappointing summer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 579, 580, 581 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 580 of 1885
Jump to: