OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 647, 648, 649 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

That is all well and good, but can we wait until BI is 22 before we compare him to Kuz. How do we know that BI won't have the effortless stroke and more moves when he is 2 years older? Given his talent and work ethic, I think that BI will look a lot like Kuz when he is 22 in terms of scoring potential.

In watching that last game of his, he played great in the first 3 quarters and melted down in the 4'th.

I don't think he will do that again. The coaches have said it, he is pressing. He is trying too hard. It will come around for him and the first 3 quarters or the last game indicate to me that he is close to getting over trying too hard issue. Also, he is dealing with some minor injuries and has missed practice time.

Will 2 years be enough for BI to close the skill gap between he and Kuz? I think you underestimate just how underdeveloped BI's skills are and just how far along Kuz is in his skill development. Also, if Kuz is who we want BI to eventually be 2 years from now, then it doesn't make sense to start BI right now. Even if BI gets to where Kuz is now, I expect Kuz to continue to improve as well.

At this point, Kuz looks like a viable #3 option with the potential to be a #2 eventually. It might be a bit hyperbolic to say this, but he's looking like a taller, more athletic, more skilled version of Klay with streaky shooting (vs pure shooting) and a better motor.

So...not Klay

Good post, but I'm on Kuzma being the more athletic Dario Saric.

LOL. I guess I just see a bit of Klay in Kuz with his quick release, shot form and ability to shoot the J in a variety of ways. However, I agree that if Kuz brings more to the table than Klay does, then he really isn't very much like Klay after all.

Hopefully his shot becomes automatic and he's super Klay.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
What's puzzling about BI's game right now is the fact that he insists upon taking it the hole and forcing up low percentage shots. I understand his struggles from the perimeter, but it seems like BI has the mindset that he can get to the rim at will and finish, which is clearly not the case. He may eventually become a 20 ppg scorer, but it won't be because of his ability to get to the rim.

Randle used to do this too, just bulldoze his way to the rim but now mixing it with mid-ranges and occasional post ups. BI needs to do same and both need to get their jumpers going

Yup, that's why I used to get so annoyed with Randle and now get annoyed with Ingram for doing this same dumb (bleep).
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
manlisten wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
If you're hating on Ingram at this point in his career, you're foolish.

Is it hating if I call him BrickGram cos he’s been throwing up a lot of bricks lately hehe

https://i2.wp.com/i.giphy.com/48FhEMYGWji8.gif?resize=500,323

Well since he's having a hard time getting shots to go in, how about Outgram?

Well his shot definitely hasn’t been MoneyGram

Holy shīt! Once Ingram gets good that's his nickname! It's decided.

MoneyGram!

Lol done!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Haters haters and more haters..
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I think, for good or bad, people need to keep things in perspective. Remember how great Ingram looked in that one summer league game and how there were those, only a few weeks ago, still believing that Ingram could average 20PPG this season? Things can change rather quickly, for both good and bad. Who knows where Ingram come January? Does Kuzma fall down to earth too?

I want everyone to succeed, but I think its best to focus on the long term. Let a few months go by, at least, then re-assess... and that should apply to everyone currently on this team, not just Ingram or Kuzma.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:

Nah. I see a few haters, but way more who simply recognize that the kid is not ready for what Magic wants him to do this year. If he's developed the right way, (like how Kawhi was, for example) he could be real good in a few years.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Nah. I see a few haters, but way more who simply recognize that the kid is not ready for what Magic wants him to do this year. If he's developed the right way, (like how Kawhi was, for example) he could be real good in a few years.

Pretty much all this.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Pretty much all this.

So while he's not ready, shouldn't he be sitting on that bench? Make him earn his stripes before he's truly ready? Maybe if you bring him off the bench he'll calm down and slowly find his grove. I really don't buy this crap that because he's a 2nd pick he should be a starter.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

That is all well and good, but can we wait until BI is 22 before we compare him to Kuz. How do we know that BI won't have the effortless stroke and more moves when he is 2 years older? Given his talent and work ethic, I think that BI will look a lot like Kuz when he is 22 in terms of scoring potential.

In watching that last game of his, he played great in the first 3 quarters and melted down in the 4'th.

I don't think he will do that again. The coaches have said it, he is pressing. He is trying too hard. It will come around for him and the first 3 quarters or the last game indicate to me that he is close to getting over trying too hard issue. Also, he is dealing with some minor injuries and has missed practice time.

Will 2 years be enough for BI to close the skill gap between he and Kuz? I think you underestimate just how underdeveloped BI's skills are and just how far along Kuz is in his skill development. Also, if Kuz is who we want BI to eventually be 2 years from now, then it doesn't make sense to start BI right now. Even if BI gets to where Kuz is now, I expect Kuz to continue to improve as well.

At this point, Kuz looks like a viable #3 option with the potential to be a #2 eventually. It might be a bit hyperbolic to say this, but he's looking like a taller, more athletic, more skilled version of Klay with streaky shooting (vs pure shooting) and a better motor.

Ingram is a better ball handler..
I think it's possible he's better offensively than Kuz is now, in 2 years. 2 years is a lot of time
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

Pretty much all this.

So while he's not ready, shouldn't he be sitting on that bench? Make him earn his stripes before he's truly ready? Maybe if you bring him off the bench he'll calm down and slowly find his grove. I really don't buy this crap that because he's a 2nd pick he should be a starter.

Yeah he should, but the rules are different for BI cause he's Magic's golden child. He's not going to have to fight for the starting position regardless of how he plays, unfortunately. He should. But they don't seem to be actually practicing what they preach in that aspect.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Not worried about BI now. All Laker fans would be scared right now if he were developing in SA under Popovich. He will be fine so long as Luke know how to use him.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

Only people i have ever seen complain about a 18 year old wanting to attack the basket as much as he does. Remember how he was finishing over people last year? that is there. Once his new improve J adjusts to the speed of live games its over.

Him and Kuzma will be a sick 3/4 pair.. add lonzo... appreciate guys.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

ball
ingram
kuz
randle
lopez

go..
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject:

Until he learns to use his left hand, he's going to be painfully easy to guard.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
ball
ingram
kuz
randle
lopez

go..

I hope to see this today as an experiment. Some say it won't work cause Ingram is too slow, but I would like to see this attempted for a good amount of minutes.

Who knows, maybe Ingram suddenly finds a good niche there? Stranger things have happened.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

If we're experimenting some line ups I'd like to see

Lopez
Deng
Kuzma
KCP
Ball

Lopez
Kuzma
Brewer
KCP
Ball

Lopez
Nance
Kuzma
KCP
Ball
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

From Zach Lowe's column today (though i think it's partially in good fun--i.e. we don't need the always useful "He's a Celtic fan/Laker hater" comments)

Quote:
Related bonus prediction: Indiana is a near-lock to flip one or both of Bogdanovic and Darren Collison, guaranteed just $3.5 million combined in 2018-19. If the Lakers send Luol Deng and Brandon Ingram to Indy for those deals (and some sweetener), the league should be very afraid L.A. knows a certain someone is in the bag.

Not that I think this would happen, but if the Lakers are as far from a playoff team as I think they'll be--which means they're as untalented as we're afraid they are (or, i should say, years away from maturing into what could be a talented team), you're not getting Lebron and another max guy here to take a discount for the chance to play with a sophomore Lonzo and a redshirt junior Ingram. You'll need max money for that. If by the end of the year Lebron barely knows who Ingram is, his best value might be in getting rid of Deng.

Edit: even though i've joked about this, i think it would be really dumb to do this unless Lebron is sitting with a pen in his hand and just waiting for us to add a few more million to his deal. Trading another lottery pick we suffered a whole losing season for just to undo a bad contract--even one time--was, to me, a catastrophe. If we did it again, we'd need to invent a new word for it.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
ball
ingram
kuz
randle
lopez

go..

I hope to see this today as an experiment. Some say it won't work cause Ingram is too slow, but I would like to see this attempted for a good amount of minutes.

Who knows, maybe Ingram suddenly finds a good niche there? Stranger things have happened.

if pigs flew, i'd say this was the reason behind what we see in BI. a tryout for SG position BUT he thought too much and took it to mean "can you fill kobe's shoes". hahaha.

so now we'll take a page from kuzma's book and stay within himself and the system.

Then he takes the benching better as he just shuffled for KCP not kuzma.

... if only pigs flew.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
From Zach Lowe's column today (though i think it's partially in good fun--i.e. we don't need the always useful "He's a Celtic fan/Laker hater" comments)

Quote:
Related bonus prediction: Indiana is a near-lock to flip one or both of Bogdanovic and Darren Collison, guaranteed just $3.5 million combined in 2018-19. If the Lakers send Luol Deng and Brandon Ingram to Indy for those deals (and some sweetener), the league should be very afraid L.A. knows a certain someone is in the bag.

Not that I think this would happen, but if the Lakers are as far from a playoff team as I think they'll be--which means they're as untalented as we're afraid they are (or, i should say, years away from maturing into what could be a talented team), you're not getting Lebron and another max guy here to take a discount for the chance to play with a sophomore Lonzo and a redshirt junior Ingram. You'll need max money for that. If by the end of the year Lebron barely knows who Ingram is, his best value might be in getting rid of Deng.

Edit: even though i've joked about this, i think it would be really dumb to do this unless Lebron is sitting with a pen in his hand and just waiting for us to add a few more million to his deal. Trading another lottery pick we suffered a whole losing season for just to undo a bad contract--even one time--was, to me, a catastrophe. If we did it again, we'd need to invent a new word for it.

I think Ingram would really have to look awful up until the Trade deadline for this to happen, Magic spent the whole offseason propping Ingram up, dont know if his ego allows him to dump him mid season
WVLAKERFAN1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Quote:

I 100% agree with you. Even though i think Ingram is ultimately going to be closer to the Tayshaun Prince projection vs the KD projection. I think it would be incredibly short sighted to move him to clear cap space. Yes lebron and a side kick if they come automatically puts you back into playoff contention but how long is lebrons body going to hold up. Even as big and muscular as he is eventually time catches up to everybody and he has logged a ton of minutes.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Quote:

I think Ingram would really have to look awful up until the Trade deadline for this to happen, Magic spent the whole offseason propping Ingram up, dont know if his ego allows him to dump him mid season

Well...he couldn't look TOO awful or no one would take him (with Deng). The other thing to remember is if Lebron (with or without PG) comes here, they need to be surrounded by shooters and defense. Ingram might be able to offer up some of the latter by next season, but he's not gonna become a knock down shooter from deep anytime soon. It's conceivable he might not even get off the bench come playoff time if he's still getting pushed around and struggling to score. I'm not dogging on BI here--i always thought he was a longterm project. But if Lebron comes here, there is no "long-term." But I wouldn't underrate Magic's ego either.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

this is why they should train Ingram to be a chucker, let his feet get wet this year
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Ingram is a better ball handler..
I think it's possible he's better offensively than Kuz is now, in 2 years. 2 years is a lot of time

That's probably the only area that BI is better than Kuz right now. Even then, BI still goes to his right most of the time. If Kuz had better handles, he'd have the potential to be a #1 option. At this point, I question BI's shotmaking ability, and that's where he has a lot of ground to make up before catching up to Kuz.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

One other thing worth pointing out with regards to BI and Kuz's handles is that you can tell BI has confidence in his handles and believes he can use them to get to the rim at will. However, it leads to overdribbling and overpenetration. Kuz knows his limits, so he doesn't force things off the dribble. Plus, he uses those nifty spin moves to compensate for his lack of shake off the dribble.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
mookielala wrote:

If they did recognize he isn't ready for what Magic wants him to do this year and it's about whether he's developed the right way as you say, shouldn't most of the criticism be put on Magic/coaching staff and not so overwhelmingly on Ingram?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 647, 648, 649 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 648 of 1885
Jump to: