OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 1164, 1165, 1166  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31787
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Not sure if this is the right game to complain about BI, he’s been solid but he’s usually solid in the first half. It’s in the 2nd half that things go awry for him when he goes into trying to live up to Magic’s 20ppg mode


Overall I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing from him, everyone knows I defend Ingram to no end.. But I have to call it like I see it. His off ball defense is atrocious. Some of the worse Ive seen, and there's no excuse for it.


I think, in terms of team D, he's one of many who deserve to be called out this game. We're making Evans look like CP3. And, as usual, our 3pt defense has been subpar. If this was a better 3pt shooting team like Denver, we'd be run out of the gym tonight with the shots we've been allowing.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36528

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I doubt he checks back in. Very nice performance tonight.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10677

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Far and away his best performance of the preseason through three quarters. Aggressive and effective scoring and 5 assists.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82435
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Decisive tonight.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16242

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

MUCH better offensive game from him tonight. Kudos!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31787
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I like that he was making quick decisions out there. Less hesitation and, when he made a move, if it wasn't there, he passed it as opposed to trying to force it. That's how he needs to play. The made jumpers don't hurt either.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4097
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I can see him averaging..

16 ppg
5 apg
5 boards..
47 Fg%

All depends on whether or not Magic pressures him to average more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22839

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I can see him averaging..

16 ppg
5 apg
5 boards..
47 Fg%

All depends on whether or not Magic pressures him to average more.


2 points more? Lol
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!


Last edited by epak on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5547

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Not sure if this is the right game to complain about BI, he’s been solid but he’s usually solid in the first half. It’s in the 2nd half that things go awry for him when he goes into trying to live up to Magic’s 20ppg mode


Overall I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing from him, everyone knows I defend Ingram to no end.. But I have to call it like I see it. His off ball defense is atrocious. Some of the worse Ive seen, and there's no excuse for it.
This preseason, we've seen lazy closeouts on three point shooters, and he gets burned a lot on back door cuts. Hopefully he's more locked in during the actual season.

Ingram's preseason was ugly but at least it ended with him seeing the ball go in on a few jumpers. He's looked solid in the last two games, other than the ugly fourth quarter the other day. Preseason means nothing though, let's see what the season brings.


Last edited by dao on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127732
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Good to see him get his offense going
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28308

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight. Needs to play like this against better comp. it was very encouraging he wasn't trying to force the action anymore tonight and was hitting the open guy. Still nice for him to build some confidence the last couple of games after a brutal start to the preseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Ingram will be fine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4097
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I can see him averaging..

16 ppg
5 apg
5 boards..
47 Fg%

All depends on whether or not Magic pressures him to average more.


2 points more? Lol


18 is possible with Ball getting him some looks in transition, I'm just not sure he can average more than 16 to 18 and maintain efficiency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Ingram showed tonight what he is right now and what he isn't at this point in his career.


"Iso" no

"Shot on the dribble" no

"Spot up" Yes

"Slasher" Yes

"Off-ball slasher/cutter" Yes



Those are the three things we should be using him for in the offense. The other two if stuff he can work on in the off-season or during the season but in terms of how we use him in the offense. Spot-up/slasher/off-ball slasher/cutter is the way to go to maximize where his game is currently at.
All the other stuff, is unneeded and hindering.

He also needs to work severely on his defensive IQ.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I can see him averaging..

16 ppg
5 apg
5 boards..
47 Fg%

All depends on whether or not Magic pressures him to average more.


2 points more? Lol


18 is possible with Ball getting him some looks in transition, I'm just not sure he can average more than 16 to 18 and maintain efficiency.


Averaging 18 means you need to score some 25-30 point games to balance out the other ones. I'm not sure Ingram's gonna have enough of those in him for this season.

Averaging 15 is a high enough ceiling, anything more than that this season is asking far too much.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4097
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Not sure if this is the right game to complain about BI, he’s been solid but he’s usually solid in the first half. It’s in the 2nd half that things go awry for him when he goes into trying to live up to Magic’s 20ppg mode


Overall I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing from him, everyone knows I defend Ingram to no end.. But I have to call it like I see it. His off ball defense is atrocious. Some of the worse Ive seen, and there's no excuse for it.
This preseason, we've seen lazy closeouts on three point shooters, and he gets burned a lot on back door cuts. Hopefully he's more locked in during the actual season.

Ingram's preseason was ugly but at least it ended with him seeing the ball go in on a few jumpers. He's looked solid in the last two games, other than the ugly fourth quarter the other day. Preseason means nothing though, let's see what the season brings.


I honestly believe we wouldn't have saw those ugly games had he not been pressured to average 20ppg. There's no excuse for his lack of focus off ball though, it's inexcusable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4097
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I can see him averaging..

16 ppg
5 apg
5 boards..
47 Fg%

All depends on whether or not Magic pressures him to average more.


2 points more? Lol


18 is possible with Ball getting him some looks in transition, I'm just not sure he can average more than 16 to 18 and maintain efficiency.


Averaging 18 means you need to score some 25-30 point games to balance out the other ones. I'm not sure Ingram's gonna have enough of those in him for this season.

Averaging 15 is a high enough ceiling, anything more than that this season is asking far too much.


Agreed.. If his frame was stronger I wouldn't rule it out. He's a season and a half away though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31787
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

What he averages depends on the minutes he gets. If it's 30+ minutes per game? 15-17 PPG, 3-5 RPG, 2-4 APG is a reasonable projection.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22839

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

He is our scottie pippin. I like that Fish.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36528

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
He is our scottie pippin. I like that Fish.


And we're back!
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 16605

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Scottie Pippen? Needs defense first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 697

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Brandon’s game today came in the flow of the offense and it was his best game so far this preseason. He doesn’t just focus on scoring so his rebounding and assists go up along with that. This is the BI we want. Just needs to work on his off ball D and stop overplaying the offensive wing.

Last edited by NBALakerLegends on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22839

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
He is our scottie pippin. I like that Fish.


And we're back!


You gotta listen to what he was getting at.
With context of versatility vs scoring.
Im on a tablet so it's easier to just say scottie!
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5547

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
dao wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Not sure if this is the right game to complain about BI, he’s been solid but he’s usually solid in the first half. It’s in the 2nd half that things go awry for him when he goes into trying to live up to Magic’s 20ppg mode


Overall I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing from him, everyone knows I defend Ingram to no end.. But I have to call it like I see it. His off ball defense is atrocious. Some of the worse Ive seen, and there's no excuse for it.
This preseason, we've seen lazy closeouts on three point shooters, and he gets burned a lot on back door cuts. Hopefully he's more locked in during the actual season.

Ingram's preseason was ugly but at least it ended with him seeing the ball go in on a few jumpers. He's looked solid in the last two games, other than the ugly fourth quarter the other day. Preseason means nothing though, let's see what the season brings.


I honestly believe we wouldn't have saw those ugly games had he not been pressured to average 20ppg. There's no excuse for his lack of focus off ball though, it's inexcusable.
Agree on both points. He has a great feel for the game for such a young player. His feel for the game is probably his greatest strength. And that completely disappeared when he went into iso, ball stopper mode. When he's making quick decisions and moving the ball, things will come easier to him, especially when Lonzo is out there with him.

The off ball defense is all about effort and focus. It will come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22839

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Scottie Pippen? Needs defense first


Just for fun imma call him that from now on.
Scottie Ingram.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 1164, 1165, 1166  Next
Page 651 of 1166
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB