OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 659, 660, 661 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BI finally got some national criticism. SAS on First Take touched on him a little this morning, and basically said, "I don't see it." BI, get motivated!

What SAS doesn’t get is quite voluminous. I get that he has relationships with some players, but that is all the credit I would give him.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Okay go on the POD and to the 9:50 mark and thats when he goes in on Ingram. Damn prove em wrong young fellaa
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

I think Ingram has a real good head on his shoulders. I don't expect him to go out there and try to become a 20ppg scorer. I think magic has also cooled down a bit on that expectation. The Ingram I'm hoping for, and he also was quoted saying that yesterday, is that he becomes a stat stuffer who aspires to help in all areas of the game and is a team-first player and not just a "go get mine" guy like Wiggins for example.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Ingram has a real good head on his shoulders. I don't expect him to go out there and try to become a 20ppg scorer. I think magic has also cooled down a bit on that expectation. The Ingram I'm hoping for, and he also was quoted saying that yesterday, is that he becomes a stat stuffer who aspires to help in all areas of the game and is a team-first player and not just a "go get mine" guy like Wiggins for example.

That 15-5-4 statline he put up in his final preseason game was beautiful.
I'd rather have that than a 23-2-1 + No D Wiggins or Booker esque game, though admittedly I don't know that Ingram can even put up 23 points in the first place.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'd rather have that than a 23-2-1 + No D Wiggins or Booker esque game, though admittedly I don't know that Ingram can even put up 23 points in the first place.

Yeah. That's my high end expectation for Ingram, about 15ppg/5/3.

What i'm looking at are:

1. better 3% and attempts
2. higher FT attempts and %
3. better defense (particularly off ball).
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's right there. Here's hoping it was a little bit of that all around game beginning to click.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
BI finally got some national criticism. SAS on First Take touched on him a little this morning, and basically said, "I don't see it." BI, get motivated!

These dudes watch so little Lakers basketball, and do so with so little understanding of the sport that they're watching, that I couldn't care less about their opinion. That obviously isn't to say that I don't hold skepticism about Ingram, but who gives a flip about what that dude says.

I actually don't, and I think Max knows more basketball than SAS. It's funny SAS likes to remind Max he's the boxing guy, while SAS himself is the basketball guy. But I've always found SAS analysis superficial. I mean he loves him some Jamal Crawford. Like really, you love all those bricks?

Anyway, I mentioned it because it's national and BI will see it. He even touched on Luke saying the jury's still out, and was asking where's the development? All the Lakers want to do is play offense. So although, I don't have high regards for him, the things he touched on are on par with my recent venting and moping.

Max definitely knows more hoop than SAS. His analysis tends to be pretty reasonable, and he usually supports his positions well with stats and/or acknowledging team construction.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I don't see it as a knock on the Org if they trade BI....they'd be trading him because presumably they feel Kuzma has more game and talent right now for what they need...so why not trade away a player if that's the case....just like moving 1 of our PF, we'd be doing it because we've settled on one for what they bring now.....have to move redundant pieces to fill roster holes or make big moves

There's something to be said for going all in rather than the half-measures of trying to construct one team on two completely different timelines. But the time to move BI was this past summer.

Moving Ingram and Deng for George and DLo/Mozgov for Lopez/Kuzma this summer would've helped set them up to pursue Lebron and Cousins to join PG13 in 2018. That's going all in while still having Ball and Kuzma as young guys to build around.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Those are the wrong guys to build around and I doubt that PG would opt in. His cap hold would be about $30 mil, there would be no room for two max contracts.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

I wasn't going to bring it up but since you guys posted about trading BI... I was wondering what we could extract from Boston for BI. Realistically Gordon Haywood is not going to provide much for the next two years, recovery this year and probably limited minutes when he comes back and Boston is developing their young core. Losing Hayward blows up their plans of building something that could compete for a title next year... BI fits them better than he does here... we're looking for big time free agents after the season so this team is getting blown up anyway, Lonzo, Kuz, maybe Nance will stay, other than those guys and maybe someone I'm missing, that's all that's coming back next year anyway. BI is still to be determined, if we think we'll get a free agent at his position... why not cash him in now?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Yes, let’s trade Ingram for another bag of magic beans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Seriously. When you draft 19 year olds with #2 picks, there is an implicit growth curve. Hopefully our FO (after discarding a #2 pick) will realize that.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I wasn't going to bring it up but since you guys posted about trading BI... I was wondering what we could extract from Boston for BI. Realistically Gordon Haywood is not going to provide much for the next two years, recovery this year and probably limited minutes when he comes back and Boston is developing their young core. Losing Hayward blows up their plans of building something that could compete for a title next year... BI fits them better than he does here... we're looking for big time free agents after the season so this team is getting blown up anyway, Lonzo, Kuz, maybe Nance will stay, other than those guys and maybe someone I'm missing, that's all that's coming back next year anyway. BI is still to be determined, if we think we'll get a free agent at his position... why not cash him in now?

The most optimistic reports have Hayward back by March. So, it's possible he's operating at full capacity by next season.

https://twitter.com/lynchiewcvb/status/920850943574532096
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

zing! I forgot to set my watch. Oh, there you are with the drive by attack... whatever...

from where I'm sitting, Boston is sitting on the next Grant Hill situation. They are going to have to give up quality to get someone like BI, it's not like we're scrambling to trade him so... I dunno what you're yabbering about...
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

The most optimistic reports have Hayward back by March. So, it's possible he's operating at full capacity by next season.

back by March, that would be insane... we'll see about that...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

^Boston won't pull that trade. They're deep w their frontline.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
KBH wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

back by March, that would be insane... we'll see about that...

I doubt the best case scenario happens, but despite being gruesome, it wasn't as bad as it looked and could have been. Either way, what I'm saying is I don't think Hayward will essentially be done for next year as well, and that Boston will be jettisoning guys to acquire more young talent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

I think Boston stays in holding pattern. Uses this year to hold and develop assets (in particular Tatum/Brown). No need to go all in when Hayward is likely out all season regardless.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

I think that Boston is about 2 years away, so adding Ingram would make sense. I would be afraid that Ainge would school Magic.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Boston just waits on the development of Tatum and Jaylen Brown. They don't need to trade.

AND they have lottery picks.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

How many redundant, possibly good 3's does Boston need?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Boston just waits on the development of Tatum and Jaylen Brown. They don't need to trade.

The difference between an organization smartly planning for the long term success of the franchise and one like ours that is constantly crossing its fingers for short term fixes. We all know how this may very likely end. Magic wants and NEEDS BI and Lonzo to be good NOW to entice Lebron to come. Lonzo can survive a disappointing season because of his name, his brand, and the simple fact that he's still a rookie. I just hope we don't end up trading BI because he couldn't meet the FO's unrealistic timeline for his development, and he gets sacrificed for immediate help a la Wiggins in Cleveland. We already made one mistake, please don't make it two...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

The difference between an organization smartly planning for the long term success of the franchise and one like ours that is constantly crossing its fingers for short term fixes. We all know how this may very likely end. Magic wants and NEEDS BI and Lonzo to be good NOW to entice Lebron to come. Lonzo can survive a disappointing season because of his name, his brand, and the simple fact that he's still a rookie. I just hope we don't end up trading BI because he couldn't meet the FO's unrealistic timeline for his development, and he gets sacrificed for immediate help a la Wiggins in Cleveland. We already made one mistake, please don't make it two...

Oh Ingram is a goner if he doesn't get close to that 20ppg+ Magic hypes him up to be. This orgranization wont wait two more years for him to get there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Just look at the physical differences b/w Simmons (1 year older than BI) and BI. BI has a long way to go IMO b/f he can start imposing any kind of physicality in his game.

This is why having a colorable jumper is important. Right now that jumper is iffy though.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Oh yes, so smartly planned. So genius. Let's ignore the fact that Boston missed out on so many guys they had their eyes on over the years – Kevin Love, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Blake Griffin. All were, at one point, destined to be Celtics.

Neither of their three recent lottery picks appear to be anything close to resembling a star, although I certainly do like Tatum's offensive potential. After swinging and missing so many times, they lucked into getting Kyrie and finally got to put to use one of the assets they acquired in the biggest heist since Herschel Walker to Minnesota, but let's not act like the Celtics have this cold, calculated long game that has finally come to fruition.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 659, 660, 661 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 660 of 1885
Jump to: