OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 769, 770, 771  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Not an untouchable IMO. If we get George, in the words of Kobe...ship his arse out!!!

Why? For what?
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Not an untouchable IMO. If we get George, in the words of Kobe...ship his arse out!!!

Why? For what?

Furthermore I'd bet you a lot of money that Kobe Bryant has never said the word "arse" in his life...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
captain jack wrote:
Unfortunately he was selected as 2nd pick so organization is pressured in starting him. Honestly, he should be coming off the bench. When Nance comes back I would consider nance starting at the 4 and Kuzma at the 3. Let him play against the 2nd string. Dude is a mental midget right now...btw the lakers should consider signing kuzminskas and drop Ennis.

What constitutes "mental midget"?

Like what areas of his game specifically speak mental midget?

Iím not sure why I need to clarify anything to you... this is a sports blog, donít take what I said to be personal or serious. I like BI.

Who said anything to you about having to do anything? And how did I communicate to you that I was taking what you said personal?

I simply asked a question, that's what we do here on this site. Make statements, projections, debate, and ask questions.

You made a statement, now if your purpose is to make statements and you have no interest in defending those statements that is your prerogative and I respect that. I will note that for future reference. That what you say shouldn't be taken seriously nor do you wish to elaborate on or defend your positions.
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
I donít remember his jumper being this stagnant last season as a rookie.

Or maybe it wasnít under the spotlight as much with DLO taking majority of the big shots?

What do you mean stagnant ?

His shot has definitely been dull with no activity. Which is the definition of that word lol

I hope BI gets his stroke back somehow. His shot looked much smoother to me last season. Heís gotta get that confidence back

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Sina
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Or maybe it wasnít under the spotlight as much with DLO taking majority of the big shots?

His shot has definitely been dull with no activity. Which is the definition of that word lol

I hope BI gets his stroke back somehow. His shot looked much smoother to me last season. Heís gotta get that confidence back

Agreed. I notice Ingram looks not that smooth to take shots this year too. Last year, it seemed he read and responded much smoother. This year, he seems to force things too much and think too much...
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
tox wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Why? For what?

Furthermore I'd bet you a lot of money that Kobe Bryant has never said the word "arse" in his life...

How much money? Cause I bet he's imitated Jack Sparrow at least once in his life.
ShowtimeReturns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Agreed. I notice Ingram looks not that smooth to take shots this year too. Last year, it seemed he read and responded much smoother. This year, he seems to force things too much and think too much...

Its been a bad road trip for BI you can see teams have been scouting him they have take away that drive off the high post and the jumpers are not falling he'll turn it around at home imo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

I think ideally, Ingram would be a 3rd option who can pick up some of the scoring slack with the 2nd unit. No confidence in his jumper, his FTs stink, and his finishing on half court drives are very inconsistent.

Being thrust into the #1 scoring option early on was tough. He's sort of settling behind Brook as a 1B option, though I still think he's not ready for that role on a playoff level team.

With the trade, I feel like guys like Lonzo/Ingram were put into situations that were not completely ideal (Lonzo needing another facilitator at the guard position in half court; Ingram with having a more versatile perimeter scorer to take the load off of him). It's sink or swim and hopefully we get our 2 max guys who can help Lonzo/Ingram grow a bit more naturally into their roles.
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think ideally, Ingram would be a 3rd option who can pick up some of the scoring slack with the 2nd unit. No confidence in his jumper, his FTs stink, and his finishing on half court drives are very inconsistent.

Being thrust into the #1 scoring option early on was tough. He's sort of settling behind Brook as a 1B option, though I still think he's not ready for that role on a playoff level team.

With the trade, I feel like guys like Lonzo/Ingram were put into situations that were not completely ideal (Lonzo needing another facilitator at the guard position in half court; Ingram with having a more versatile perimeter scorer to take the load off of him). It's sink or swim and hopefully we get our 2 max guys who can help Lonzo/Ingram grow a bit more naturally into their roles.

with 2 max platers, BI can go focus on lock down D (and shoot 3)... imagine a 6'9 with 7'3 wingspan T.Allen
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

BI will be a STUD. His is clearly going thru growing pains (physically and emotionally). He has had some great games this year and has taken a big step forward. The key with his game is to get him involved early. He does not have the will or drive to force his way into action (it will come).
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
BI will be a STUD. His is clearly going thru growing pains (physically and emotionally). He has had some great games this year and has taken a big step forward. The key with his game is to get him involved early. He does not have the will or drive to force his way into action (it will come).

Agreed.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

with 2 max platers, BI can go focus on lock down D (and shoot 3)... imagine a 6'9 with 7'3 wingspan T.Allen

With 2 max players, you need guys who can catch & shoot. If we get LBJ & George, I think Ingram is a prime candidate to be moved for a third star who's already under contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With 2 max players, you need guys who can catch & shoot. If we get LBJ & George, I think Ingram is a prime candidate to be moved for a third star who's already under contract.

Hmm...
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Why? For what?

I do not want to trade BI for George. BI has shown flashes and I think he is going to end up being an all star. George we can get in free agency. I don't think he is too happy in OKC. But even if we don't get him I am ok with that. He is getting up there in years and does not really fit age wise with our core.

We have seen in Deng how players can loose their effectiveness pretty quickly as they get older. I'd be perfectly fine re-upping Randle who now plays D and maybe even Lopez at a discount and KCP if we get spurned in the FA market again. I think this team is clicking on D and will only get better with age and more coaching and roster continuity. AKA how the spurs build teams.

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like who (and does math $ works)?
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

totally fine with that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Maybe him not making a jumper since the Celtics game?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Why? For what?

I wanted to trade him for George.
Stumpy25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Not until he gets some confidence on that jumper of his. Right now it looks ugly as he would rather drive to the rim and force a contested shot instead of taking an easy pull up 20 footer.
He's taking that Randle approach, lower that head and drive to the rim at any cost.
Stumpy25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
tox wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Why? For what?

I wanted to trade him for George.

I actually agree with you on this one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

But I have no issue with Ingram not being traded for PG.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hmm...

I don't know. If a team is giving up a third star-type of player for him, doesn't that mean he showed real growth this year as a prospect, which for him is really centered around the jumpshot? And if that's the case, why would we deal him, especially given that there's no irrational hate from the FO towards him like there was with Dlo (far from it, actually, for Mr. Untouchable)?

Not saying he's clearly trending in one direction or another, but if he's closer to the player we've seen the past couple of games for the rest of the season, no one is trading a star for him. The value of a drafted player around the NBA begins to sharply decline after a year or two if they don't show quick and noticeable progress. Even Dlo was essentially a salary dump (on the upper end as far as salary dumps go, but still) and he actually looked like a future All-Star after the ASB both of his first two seasons. And if you disregard that as a bad example because of the aforementioned irrational hate, Kris Dunn was basically a throw-in a year after he was drafted #5 overall in the Jimmy Butler deal. Now BI is a lot younger of a prospect, but the point is that if he's really not a special talent, the time to deal him was last year when there was still a market for him if you go by what was reported regarding Boogie and PG13.

I'm sure GT wouldn't say that without hearing a whisper or two, which makes me think this FO is truly delusional and barely has a clue what it's doing. We're really just gonna waste all those years of tanking, aren't we? There's now a scenario where we may not have our 2014-2016 1st rounders on the roster next season. Talk about cleaning house...
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hmm...

I don't know. If a team is giving up a third star-type of player for him, doesn't that mean he showed real growth this year as a prospect, which for him is really centered around the jumpshot? And if that's the case, why would we deal him, especially given that there's no irrational hate from the FO towards him like there was with Dlo (far from it, actually, for Mr. Untouchable)?

Not saying he's clearly trending in one direction or another, but if he's closer to the player we've seen the past couple of games for the rest of the season, no one is trading a star for him. The value of a drafted player around the NBA begins to sharply decline after a year or two if they don't show quick and noticeable progress. Even Dlo was essentially a salary dump (on the upper end as far as salary dumps go, but still) and he actually looked like a future All-Star after the ASB both of his first two seasons. And if you disregard that as a bad example because of the aforementioned irrational hate, Kris Dunn was basically a throw-in a year after he was drafted #5 overall in the Jimmy Butler deal. Now BI is a lot younger of a prospect, but the point is that if he's really not a special talent, the time to deal him was last year when there was still a market for him if you go by what was reported regarding Boogie and PG13.

I'm sure GT wouldn't say that without hearing a whisper or two, which makes me think this FO is truly delusional and barely has a clue what it's doing. We're really just gonna waste all those years of tanking, aren't we? There's now a scenario where we may not have our 2014-2016 1st rounders on the roster next season. Talk about cleaning house...

If we sign both LBJ/PG, we'll be maxed out summer 2019... So either trade Ingram for 125% of his rookie contract $ or keep Ingram over cap for his cap hold... these are the options right?
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
But I have no issue with Ingram not being traded for PG.

Fwiw I completely understand that it wouldnít have been unwise if we made this swap due to BIís lacking performances at times this season.

Iím Just hoping BI can stay afloat till next season.
Especially if we can land both ,PG and say Demarcus Cousins in free agency.

I feel those two would be excellent mentors for BI. PG to show him How to protect the ball and attack as a priemer swingman. An Boogie could instill toughness and grit.

Kawhi Leonard 2.0

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Ingram is the type of player who will most benefit from adding the FAs.
He's got a lot of raw talent, but he's fragile mentally (mostly just youth)
When he's buried as the third or fourth option, he will have a lot more room in which to work, he will gain confidence from seeing a dominant player take over the game, and he will have much less scrutiny of his every move.

You can see when they start out poorly, not just Ingram but the whole team tenses up and start to press on every play. This results in missed layups, missed tap ins, a lot of frantic play under the rim where balls are fumbled out of bounds... where as when they hit the first few shots, the team relaxes and starts to play to its full potential. With a Lebron as the centerpoint of the entire team, Ingram can relax knowing the fate of the team doesn't rest on his every move... same for Ball. That weight is too much for most first or second year players to carry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 769, 770, 771  Next
Page 750 of 771
Jump to: