OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Ingram doing endorsements already: http://imgur.com/Mpr2B9z

Ingram oatmeals to much?

I went to the GNC at Santa Monica and LaBrea today, stood in line for over an hour, all to meet Ingram and get a signed copy of the postcard with that photo on it. Also got a free oatmeal chocolate chip protein bar that I've yet to open.

It's amazing how big the turn out was, considering he hasn't even played his first NBA game. But it was nice to see.

Yeah, don't ever open it. That oatmeal bar might be worth a fortune in the future.

I do plan on opening and consuming it, as soon as I can convince myself that chocolate chips and oatmeal will taste good together.

I was also given a Quest Protein Bar lapel pin, which I'm confident won't be worth anything in the future.

But my reason for going wasn't to get something I could sell on ebay, it was to meet our newest rookie and show him a little support from a long time fan of the team.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Watching Summer league, you can tell why Ingram was such a good isolation scorer in college. I think he has a better offensive repertoire than Kwahi right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Watching Summer league, you can tell why Ingram was such a good isolation scorer in college. I think he has a better offensive repertoire than Kwahi right now.

As he should be, he was the #2 pick and in some people's mind the undisputed #1 pick, Leonard was a late lottery pick.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

As he should be, he was the #2 pick and in some people's mind the undisputed #1 pick, Leonard was a late lottery pick.

I'm not talking about a rookie Kwahi and Ingram here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

I'm not talking about a rookie Kwahi and Ingram here.

My sentiment is that Ingram should be better then Kwahwi but he won't be in position to win like him unless the Lakers turn there fortunes around....
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

It's Kawhi, people. Stick to Leonard if you can't get it right.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

We would be very fortunate if Ingram can duplicate the professional success of Kauai LeNard. That's a Finals MVP there.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
tox wrote:

We would be very fortunate if Ingram can duplicate the professional success of Kauai LeNard. That's a Finals MVP there.

Actually, I dig Kauai as a misspelling lol
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

Its spelt as repiture, you can ask 2.0
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Its spelt as repiture, you can ask 2.0

Yeah that was a mistake.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Man, depressing how we have to wait about 3 months for the season to start. Hope they release some "Backstage: Lakers" soon. Also, 2k17 needs to be released way earlier. People need to get their fix of basketball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Man, depressing how we have to wait about 3 months for the season to start. Hope they release some "Backstage: Lakers" soon. Also, 2k17 needs to be released way earlier. People need to get their fix of basketball.

I agree I haven't been this excited for the season to start, season opener is gonna be very epic with the Lakers forecast being a mystery despite fan and media prediction.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

After watching film of Brandon its apparent that he will develop into an NBA star.
His versatility stands out. His length will pose problems, defensively and offensively, for most SF in the league.

He has a complete repertoire of skills. He has decent handles and can create his own shot off the dribble. BI has a smooth pull up jumper and mid range game.

I like how he executes in screen and rolls whether it's as the roll man or as a handle. He is good at PNP and also has some nice post moves.

Dude is going to be a stud!
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
After watching film of Brandon its apparent that he will develop into an NBA star.
His versatility stands out. His length will pose problems, defensively and offensively, for most SF in the league.

He has a complete repertoire of skills. He has decent handles and can create his own shot off the dribble. BI has a smooth pull up jumper and mid range game.

I like how he executes in screen and rolls whether it's as the roll man or as a handle. He is good at PNP and also has some nice post moves.

Basically a rich mans Wesley Johnson.

Just makin fun of my remark from last season

One thing I love about Ingram as a prospect is that he has room To improve every facet of the game, but he can do everything well for someone his age, so you just guess what he is going to develop because he has great potential defending, scoring, moving the ball ... kinda Grant Hill before his injuries, the guy can do everything you ask. I'm not a bit concerned with his frame, he has outstanding size and length and good athleticism, what he lacks is the easiest thing to correct as he naturally matures and hit the heights.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

I'm ecstatic to watch Ingram develop as a Laker. Hopefully, he can be the go to option in the 2nd unit.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Yes and it will be interesting watching teams try to play physical with him when the new rules won't allow it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Rich man's WJ is a pretty great player.
I'll take that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Yes and it will be interesting watching teams try to play physical with him when the new rules won't allow it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Just makin fun of my remark from last season

One thing I love about Ingram as a prospect is that he has room To improve every facet of the game, but he can do everything well for someone his age, so you just guess what he is going to develop because he has great potential defending, scoring, moving the ball ... kinda Grant Hill before his injuries, the guy can do everything you ask. I'm not a bit concerned with his frame, he has outstanding size and length and good athleticism, what he lacks is the easiest thing to correct as he naturally matures and hit the heights.

good one
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

he'll average 0/7 from the field and 22/28 from the free throw line

22 points per game on seven shots shooting 0%.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Hollins on Truddell & Thompson today said that Ingram's shot was being too easily disrupted/contested for his height..

Can't wait to see him develop.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I think I like Ingram's potential the most out of our young guys.
3 years from now he could be a + perimeter defender and help defender in the paint.
Sure he isn't much of a playmaker. A may never be elite at it. But in this modern NBA, it's not that bad of a problem. He'll fit nicely in the modern NBA style of quick decisions be it pass, shoot, or drive.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

its going to be great having a two good scorers in DLO and Ingram. DLO can get streaky..
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I think I like Ingram's potential the most out of our young guys.
3 years from now he could be a + perimeter defender and help defender in the paint.
Sure he isn't much of a playmaker. A may never be elite at it. But in this modern NBA, it's not that bad of a problem. He'll fit nicely in the modern NBA style of quick decisions be it pass, shoot, or drive.

Kikanga, he may never be elite, but what I've seen is a player willing to make the right pass and with the skill to do so. That is what we can ask for a forward.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
its going to be great having a two good scorers in DLO and Ingram. DLO can get streaky..

It's unique deciding on who has more offensive potential between Ingram or Russell.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 91 of 1885
Jump to: