OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 900, 901, 902 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

He looked injured and like he was trying to find guys. Saw a couple of times he got to the rim and overpassed when he actually should have taken the layup. This happens every time Lonzo is out. He tries to move the ball too much instead of going out and being selfish and going for points. He's got to find a balance. Hard when you're surrounded by Gunners who simply look to shoot every time they touch the ball like Lopez who thinks he's Steph Curry and Tyler Ennis who has realized he's Oscar the Grouch.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
OKC defense is very keyed into BI and right now he lacks the moves and the PG to break free. is what it is at this point

yep and yep

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Said this in the game thread...BI has to be more impactful. When we've had injuries, and needed him to come through with big games, he usually hasn't. Not a good sign.

Injury and no Lonzo.

Injured? Then fine, he needs to sit out. But don't give me the Lonzo excuse. If he's as good as he's supposed to be, he should be able to play well with or without Lonzo...

Plus, if we're putting so much on Lonzo, we're going to be in big trouble because honestly, I'm not sure if he's going to be injury prone his entire career.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Said this in the game thread...BI has to be more impactful. When we've had injuries, and needed him to come through with big games, he usually hasn't. Not a good sign.

Injury and no Lonzo.

Injured? Then fine, he needs to sit out. But don't give me the Lonzo excuse. If he's as good as he's supposed to be, he should be able to play well with or without Lonzo...

Plus, if we're putting so much on Lonzo, we're going to be in big trouble because honestly, I'm not sure if he's going to be injury prone his entire career.

He's 20. How good is he supposed to be at this point?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Injury and no Lonzo.

He's not that good yet.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

It would have helped if there was someone else out there that they considered a threat. More space.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Not liking that Lonzo and Ingram both have lower body problems this early in their careers.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

When Lonzo Plays.............53.3 TS%
When Lonzo Doesn't Play...47.6 TS%

He hasn't hit a single 3 in any of the 8 games that Lonzo's missed.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

A few of us posted an article where they broke down his shooting.. He's only taking open 3's for the most part. Him and Zo are the only guys that generate looks for others. So it would only make sense that there's a drop off when Zo isn't playing.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

A few of us posted an article where they broke down his shooting.. He's only taking open 3's for the most part. Him and Zo are the only guys that generate looks for others. So it would only make sense that there's a drop off when Zo isn't playing.

I wonder how many of BI's 3s are off Lonzo assists? The ones I can remember, like the game winner early in the season, came from Lonzo.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I wonder how many of BI's 3s are off Lonzo assists? The ones I can remember, like the game winner early in the season, came from Lonzo.

Either that or a hockey assist from Zo.. We really don't have anyone out there to make plays aside from those two.

Clarkson is capable but he'd rather play like an (bleep).. Randle with more reps at the high post could be a potential play maker.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

9 of 24, by my count.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

9 of 24, by my count.

Thanks!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I thought Van Gundy was off when he said Ingram only made 24 3s all year. So far from a reliable like real percentage. Hopefully his jumper makes a massive leap this summer
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Not liking that Lonzo and Ingram both have lower body problems this early in their careers.

Usually the knees and feet are what you're most worried about, and this is Lonzo's first knee injury with us if I remember correctly. It was his calf in summer league and a shoulder injury in December. I'll be more worried if this keeps happening through the season and later in his career, but it's nothing too bad so far. He's just underdeveloped physically for the NBA like a lot of 19-year olds would be, so these various nicks and bruises are bound to happen.

For BI, he's held up surprisingly well in his career so far. I'm not too concerned about a routine ankle sprain keeping him out a couple games. The ongoing quad tendinitis earlier in the season was slightly more worrisome, but I think he's over that now and he only missed a couple games for that one, too.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/953449618712481794/video/1

Hahaha....he’s not tiny dog...or BI....watch this and find out Ingrams new nickname!!!

My sides hurt hahaha
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Idc who you are. You're gonna look like crap when your PG is Tyler Ennis lol
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He stepped on someone's ankle. That's not a "lower body problem". That's a freak injury.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He stepped on someone's ankle. That's not a "lower body problem". That's a freak injury.

Stepping on someone else's foot is an occupational hazard, not a freak injury, but yeah...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Occupational hazard maybe, but the way said occupational hazard occurred, was by far a freak injury. Regardless it has nothing to do with him having lower leg issues which was the point being made. But you knew that already, just felt like splitting hairs.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Occupational hazard maybe, but the way said occupational hazard occurred, was by far a freak injury. Regardless it has nothing to do with him having lower leg issues which was the point being made. But you knew that already, just felt like splitting hairs.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Nah, the difference between a freak injury and one that is so common as to be an occupational hazard is not splitting hairs. It's pointing out the need to gussy up a perfectly reasonable argument with unnecessary and disingenuous hyperbole. Steve Nash with that fracture and career ending nerve damage? That's a freak injury. A guy sprains an ankle almost every night stepping on another foot in the NBA.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I mean.. the point is Ingram doesn't have a lower body problem.. We squabble over the silliest of things sometimes.

Edit.. I don't see how it's a reasonable argument if it isn't true..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I mean.. the point is Ingram doesn't have a lower body problem.. We squabble over the silliest of things sometimes.

Edit.. I don't see how it's a reasonable argument if it isn't true..

It's a reasonable argument to say that the lower leg issue argument is wrong. Merely pointing out the lack of need to add "freak injury" to it. Too much emotion and interest in defending a position, and too little concern for letting the actual chips fall where they will, even when that's in one's favor.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like the emotion only comes from you and your need to moderate things that don't really need it. Freak injury or a slip up on the court, doesn't really matter. Like I said you're splitting hairs and looking for something to complain about.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 900, 901, 902 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 901 of 1885
Jump to: