OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 949, 950, 951 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

smh
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Agreed.. I'd probably like the shot if he were making them more. I just think he can create a higher percentage opportunity.

And I couldn't be happier with his current play. He keeps this up and we'll no longer have to hear that he can't play with PG13 and Bron.. Not that those perspectives have any bearing on reality, was just annoying to hear lol.

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

SocalDevin wrote:
smh

lol you want to declare him a legit shooter after just 3 games. I said it's encouraging and looks better, to take anything for from it than that, is just optimism
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FreakofNature wrote:
Last 8 games: 18.9PPG/5.4APG/5RPG on 56-110FG's (51%) and 11-19 3PT/(58%), 9 for 11 in last 3 from 3 point land...

His improvements this past month has been very encouraging. Too bad they went away from him down the stretch this game, we probably could’ve extended the winning streak

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Last 8 games: 18.9PPG/5.4APG/5RPG on 56-110FG's (51%) and 11-19 3PT/(58%), 9 for 11 in last 3 from 3 point land...

This is a bit misleading shooting wise... this is only his 3rd good 3pt shooting game in those 8games....... ok one other game he went 1-1.

Misleading as all of his shooting numbers have been this year(when they were horrible as well. Low attempts skew things. Every couple weeks he dips to 30-32%)
The shot looks better though, yea I'll give him that it's encouraging. But it's been 3 games

I was basing this on the last 8 games in one package, also included the last 3 games. But in the end, thus far in 51 games he is at 37%+...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We still need BI to be one of our main closers. He need not take a backseat to anyone.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

@KIROE.. The thing is boss.. no one has declared him a knock down shooter. I just don't see why you felt the need to point that out. We're all just happy he's trending in the right direction. No one has made any declarations. Posting data, that confirms that he is indeed on an upward tick as far as shooting is concerned isn't something I'd characterize as being overly optimistic.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

FreakofNature wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

This is a bit misleading shooting wise... this is only his 3rd good 3pt shooting game in those 8games....... ok one other game he went 1-1.

Misleading as all of his shooting numbers have been this year(when they were horrible as well. Low attempts skew things. Every couple weeks he dips to 30-32%)
The shot looks better though, yea I'll give him that it's encouraging. But it's been 3 games

I was basing this on the last 8 games in one package, also included the last 3 games. But in the end, thus far in 51 games he is at 37%+...

Ya I just told you about the legicitmacy of your 8 game package. It's really just a 3 game package
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
@KIROE.. The thing is boss.. no one has declared him a knock down shooter. I just don't see why you felt the need to point that out. We're all just happy he's trending in the right direction. No one has made any declarations. Posting data, that confirms that he is indeed on an upward tick as far as shooting is concerned isn't something I'd characterize as being overly optimistic.

Everyone is posting like he's for sure turned a corner shooting.. it's been 3 very encouraging games.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

impressed by his lack of missing
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

You don't get to 37% from three as a lousy shooter, I don't care what your volume is.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, he’s had a couple stretches of hot shooting games, and you can see how it opens stuff up for him. The question is whether this is a trend or just another hot stretch. Hoping the former.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

Ya I just told you about the legicitmacy of your 8 game package. It's really just a 3 game package

3 game package 3point shooting wise. But the rest is a legit 8 game package. He is trending real nice overall in these past 8 games...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Everyone is posting like he's for sure turned a corner shooting.. it's been 3 very encouraging games.

I think he has turned a corner.. I think at the least you can say he's no longer a terrible shooter.. at the least.

That's cause to celebrate, that's cause for optimism.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

The 3 ball looks as good as it ever has.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Yeah, he’s had a couple stretches of hot shooting games, and you can see how it opens stuff up for him. The question is whether this is a trend or just another hot stretch. Hoping the former.

This could be true, but I think he is rounding the corner, not around it by any means, but 8 games is getting there at 51% from the field and 19PPG...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I think he has turned a corner.. I think at the least you can say he's no longer a terrible shooter.. at the least.

That's cause to celebrate, that's cause for optimism

I just phrased this exact thing even more optimistically... and it triggered you
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That's cause to celebrate, that's cause for optimism

I just phrased this exact thing even more optimistically... and it triggered you

Stop it.. lol.. I'm not triggered, I just found your commentary amusing. Trying to convince us he's not as good of a shooter as we think he is.. as if we proclaimed him the next Ray Allen.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

i hope he is smart enough to understand that both go hand in hand.

make 3, lane is open
go in the lane, 3 is open
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

You just seemed invested in trying to convince us he's not there yet.. when no one said he was..
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ok game

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

The "commentary" was more optimistic than you just put it yourself. And the "context" was just that..
Idk what's so negatively amusing about that..but ok
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
You just seemed invested in trying to convince us he's not there yet.. when no one said he was..

Calming breeze of context over the room getting hotter. I felt the temp
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't really know what else to say about it boss.. I don't think you see how you came off.. It's all good though.

Last edited by SocalDevin on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
smh

Right? I really don't get it either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 949, 950, 951 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 950 of 1885
Jump to: