OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 950, 951, 952 ... 962, 963, 964  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If we get 2 max FAs, will be tough for BI IMO to get that all star nod. Without max FAs, not sure either.

But he's so young so he has time.

Nah, we will vote for an entire Laker lineup
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Iggest revelation to me is that even though hes technically playing pg, hes really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but hes playing some beautiful team ball right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If we get 2 max FAs, will be tough for BI IMO to get that all star nod. Without max FAs, not sure either.

But he's so young so he has time.

Yeah, that's a good point. Must rely on the voting power of Lakers fandom!

Fan votes only count for a % of the entire all star votes. That's how Kuz/Lonzo made top 10 thanks to fan voting.

We are in 1st place with 2 laps to go. Let's finish the job.
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Iggest revelation to me is that even though hes technically playing pg, hes really letting the flow develop and feeding off of it with everyone else. This bodes well for playing with stars. The all iso/high pick and roll stuff had me concerned, but hes playing some beautiful team ball right now.

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...its clear he is not that type of player.

Great to see him thrive within flow of offense.
Lakers#1Team
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Agreed, I was concerned as well. It seems that Luke's coaching on teamwork is rubbing off on BI, nice to see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

YASS. From my man Jonathan Tjarks:

Quote:
has a great feel for the game for a younger player and the ability to pick apart a defense off the dribble. Ingram has legitimate point-forward ability:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/9/16993588/lakers-trade-deadline-lebron-james-paul-george

We are in 1st place with 2 laps to go. Let's finish the job.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Seriously do not know what the coaches were thinking with that...its clear he is not that type of player.

It's been beautiful.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

That's what I've noticed the most. He's getting assists, but is from ball pounding or over use of a high screen and roll. He's just running the offense and getting assists through the flow and finding guys whein places he would have missed hem earlier in the year. Saw a play early on last night(I think) where he drove the rbasket and I expected a wild co tested layup against Adams but instead he found Hart open in the corner for three.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

Waiting for your breakdown on yesterday's trade, GT. You seemed very excited about it.

I was/am. They crushed the draft and they crushed the trade deadline. Here's the pod I released about an hour ago, if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

That's what I've noticed the most. He's getting assists, but is from ball pounding or over use of a high screen and roll. He's just running the offense and getting assists through the flow and finding guys whein places he would have missed hem earlier in the year. Saw a play early on last night(I think) where he drove the rbasket and I expected a wild co tested layup against Adams but instead he found Hart open in the corner for three.

This has done wonders for his scoring efficiency too.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

I was/am. They crushed the draft and they crushed the trade deadline. Here's the pod I released about an hour ago, if you're interested.

The real question is: will VLF finally give a little bit of credit to Maginka when he is off suspension?

"I think we often overlook the best way for a team like these Lakers to obtain star level players is to turn their current players into stars, rather than looking for outside help."
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
danzag wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

It's great to hear all of us who were hesitant (at best) to livid (at worst) with the Jeannie/Maginka takeover begin to see the plan starting to take form. It seems that there's an air (among the remaining young players) of freedom in their play and in just the atmosphere surrounding the team's potential and outlook around the league. Feels like the tide is turning and, in retrospect, started--albeit too slow for most of us--and is now gaining some traction from the realm of reality rather than what a lot of us were fearing prior to this.

You guys capture the fan's POV perfectly.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

And the FT's are dropping now too. Damn. Nearly brings tears to my eyes.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

The real question is: will VLF finally give a little bit of credit to Maginka when he is off suspension?

VLF got tossed in the clink again? LOL. Dude don't give af
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
It's great to hear all of us who were hesitant (at best) to livid (at worst) with the Jeannie/Maginka takeover begin to see the plan starting to take form. It seems that there's an air (among the remaining young players) of freedom in their play and in just the atmosphere surrounding the team's potential and outlook around the league. Feels like the tide is turning and, in retrospect, started--albeit too slow for most of us--and is now gaining some traction from the realm of reality rather than what a lot of us were fearing prior to this.

You guys capture the fan's POV perfectly.

I didn't like the process by which they were hired, and I didn't like the Russell trade, but I didn't kill them for it because they always deserved a chance to execute their vision. They've had some missteps along the way - which ironically have been more PR related than basketball related - but there's a clear, cogent course that they're on.

That said, they haven't completely executed that plan yet, but it's impossible to have done that by now. They've taken all of the steps that they could have taken by now though, and deserve a lot of credit for that.
The Juggernaut
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

VLF got tossed in the clink again? LOL. Dude don't give af

I'm shocked how he hasn't been perma banned yet. I've seen others on here get perma banned for less than he's done over the course of his LG career.

I'm loving the way Ingram has been playing lately. He's letting the offense come to him instead of forcing the issue. His decision making is becoming incredible. Once he gets his man body we will have ourselves a franchise changer.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I kind of view Ingram's years here like a high school player. Freshman year here he was completely underdeveloped physically and not ready to play well. Sophomore year he's up/down but he's the sophomore phenom. Year 4-5 we're guna see a completely different body and skill refinement. Right now he's just exceeding expectations for a lil Sophomore kid, who everyone knows is gunna be a superstud in a couple years.
That's my physically underdeveloped metaphor
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

^^ I know we're not supposed to say his name, so I wont. But you guys did, so did he really get banned?
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's been beautiful.

They do say necessity is the mother of all inventions. I wonder if we ever would have gone down this route had we not desperately needed a primary PG (after the failed Ennis experiment) after Lonzo went down.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Ingram will be in goat conversation by the end of his career and Ill be laughing at everyone who doubted him.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
^^ I know we're not supposed to say his name, so I wont. But you guys did, so did he really get banned?

And what did he do?

- John Calvin
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Jumped up to -1.75 in RPM, which is about 80 spots higher than he was a few days ago. That's how well he's been playing.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jumped up to -1.75 in RPM, which is about 80 spots higher than he was a few days ago. That's how well he's been playing.

GT, has the team changed the way it's utilizing him or is he just making better reads/decisions on similar play types? Seems like there's still a steady dose of ISO and high screen and roll possessions for him.
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Beautiful thing is that you can only expect things to get even easier in this regard when Zo gets back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 950, 951, 952 ... 962, 963, 964  Next
Page 951 of 964
Jump to: