OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 957, 958, 959 ... 966, 967, 968  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I don't think you guys are entirely disagreeing with one another..

Is the catch and shoot 3 a better shot for him at this stage of his career, and from a statistical stand point? Sure.. numbers don't lie..

I think what others are trying to say is that him developing a solid mid range game will only serve to make him a more well rounded offensive weapon. Not that he should live in that part of the floor exclusively. So if he's open from mid range, he should take it..

I personally don't like the mid range J's over shorter players on the block, but I guess he's not strong enough to back those guys in just yet.. So I can live with it.

There's nothing wrong with being good from mid range. Sometimes you gotta take that shot and it's great if you can make it.

That's very different than it being your bread and butter.

Agreed..

Yep. Seems like BI or Luke is reading GT's posts or something because he is playing mostly at the hoop and the 3 right now. Or making a good pass.

Efficiencies aside, I get the impression so much of BI's shooting and overall performance is mental at this point. He seems to have figured out the mechanics/body memory for hitting a quick spot up 3 (that's new). He has been good other times at hitting midrange turn arounds or pullups (that's gone the last few games). He even looks great sometimes at the FT line. I could be projecting, but it seems like he has all those tools, but sometimes he just can't focus them. Not complaining at all, though. I'm deliriously happy with his improvement. He seems like the kind of player who will keep working at that ___ and pull it all together at some point. And he is going to get stronger. And the game will keep slowing down for him. Future is bright.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Yep. Seems like BI or Luke is reading GT's posts or something because he is playing mostly at the hoop and the 3 right now. Or making a good pass.

Efficiencies aside, I get the impression so much of BI's shooting and overall performance is mental at this point. He seems to have figured out the mechanics/body memory for hitting a quick spot up 3 (that's new). He has been good other times at hitting midrange turn arounds or pullups (that's gone the last few games). He even looks great sometimes at the FT line. I could be projecting, but it seems like he has all those tools, but sometimes he just can't focus them. Not complaining at all, though. I'm deliriously happy with his improvement. He seems like the kind of player who will keep working at that ___ and pull it all together at some point. And he is going to get stronger. And the game will keep slowing down for him. Future is bright.

My concern with Ingram has never been his ceiling or his tools, but how far he had to go to develop them.

I think they've made enormous strides in terms of his skill development this season, and that's a huge credit to Ingram and Brian Keefe. Those are the guys doing the nuts and bolts of that work.

My main complaint this season has been how that skill development has been deployed, which is mostly a Luke & coaching staff thing. These last few games have been beautiful. The next step is to stack better defense on top of this.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

So I haven't been able to catch games (or go on LG etc) and will be MIA for a bit, but BI's 39% from 3 (yeah yeah yeah low volume I know) deserves a
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
So I haven't been able to catch games (or go on LG etc) and will be MIA for a bit, but BI's 39% from 3 (yeah yeah yeah low volume I know) deserves a

Yeah, you can stay the (bleep) away until Brandon cools off.
ÄH£M£$TR•
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
Next stage in his development is the hesi pull-up jimbo from 3

He has several weapons to master. All of which I believe he can improve by footwork. You see the hesi pump fake heís working on? Well he does get his guy in the air. Itís just a matter of creating contact when he gets his defender to bite to get to the line. This is where Mamba used to just drain his defender... frustration breaks the tired guy guarding you. Given proper footwork, who knows, BI could possibly develop something Giannis has not, a Jordanesque fade away jumper. Imagine a fast breaking point with a Dirk fadeaway.

Also, Ingram glides a lot in his stride, heís so long, that in two strides, heís at the basket. However, the strides kinda give away his intentions of taking it to the rack. Iíd like to see him develop some chop in his step; keeping his head up on the dribble. It could go a long way to helping him quicken his step, while adding deception in his intention. Is he taking it to the rack, is he looking to set up the kick out, will he pop a j in my eye? These are the questions he should want rolling around in his defendersí minds.

And handles... he can stand to work on his handles.
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

ÄH£M£$TR• wrote:
awntawn wrote:

He has several weapons to master. All of which I believe he can improve by footwork. You see the hesi pump fake heís working on? Well he does get his guy in the air. Itís just a matter of creating contact when he gets his defender to bite to get to the line. This is where Mamba used to just drain his defender... frustration breaks the tired guy guarding you. Given proper footwork, who knows, BI could possibly develop something Giannis has not, a Jordanesque fade away jumper.

Also, Ingram glides a lot in his stride, heís so long, that in two strides, heís at the basket. However, the strides kinda give away his intentions of taking it to the rack. Iíd like to see him develop some chop in his step; keeping his head up on the dribble. It could go a long way to helping him quicken his step, while adding deception in his intention. Is he taking it to the rack, is he looking to set up the kick out, will he pop a j in my eye? These are the questions he should want rolling around in his defendersí minds.

I think he just need to call his number and ask for help. I know Stackhouse is great mentor for BI but few tips from Kobe cant hurt. And I am 100% sure that Kobe is more than willing to help. Even one week working with Kobe can make wonders for BI IMO.
ÄH£M£$TR•
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
ÄH£M£$TR• wrote:
awntawn wrote:

He has several weapons to master. All of which I believe he can improve by footwork. You see the hesi pump fake heís working on? Well he does get his guy in the air. Itís just a matter of creating contact when he gets his defender to bite to get to the line. This is where Mamba used to just drain his defender... frustration breaks the tired guy guarding you. Given proper footwork, who knows, BI could possibly develop something Giannis has not, a Jordanesque fade away jumper.

I think he just need to call his number and ask for help. I know Stackhouse is great mentor for BI but few tips from Kobe cant hurt. And I am 100% sure that Kobe is more than willing to help. Even one week working with Kobe can make wonders for BI IMO.

To be fair, Kobe is a busy entrepreneur. BI is trying to chisel out his own game as well as take all the input from our coaching staff and use practice to hone in on what Luke sees has his strengths and weaknesses.

You add to your skill set in the offseason. You tinker with that new weapon during the regular season. And you master it in the playoffs with the muscle memory from the season. As far as requesting a session with Mamba, maybe itís just a matter of schedules lining up in the off season. Iím hoping KB still sits and scrutinizes the game, but I think itís a bad assumption that thatís what he wants to do right at this moment. The man may just need time away from the game after 20 years of that gym rat life.

Weíll see if he can stop by for a team meeting with our new team (after the trade deadline) for ASB. We can use his words of wisdom on welcoming IT... from what Im hearing, IT and Mamba have sessioned before. I mean ASB in LA, and one of our greatest embassadors is nominated for an Oscar. I think Kobe should be around for ASB, and itíd be nice for a pep talk with the team going into the second half of the season.

Maybe Mamba can even secure some all star projects along the lines of Muse. And turn that into another avenue of revenue for the aspiring Mamba mogul.

I digress... one thingís for sure. Magic will not get fined for talking to Mamba. I wouldnít think it too much of a stretch for Magic to ask Mamba to rally the troops with some guidance and feedback.
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:

Back in the day they used to teach kids to get automatic from closer to the basket before working their way back. Sort of around the world progression. Brandon always looked like he had good touch, just somewhat funky and inconsistent mechanics. You can see they've worked on that. I'm not sure his use of midrange wasn't just getting comfortable in-game at that range before moving out further. In this latter part of the year he seems to be putting up more attempts from distance.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
ÄH£M£$TR• wrote:
awntawn wrote:

I feel like BI might be too shy to reach out. I know the feeling when dealing with mentors in my field. I know they said to ask them if I ever need anything, but do they really mean that, or are they just being nice? Kuz on the other hand is probably the more assertive type and just called right away.

I feel like BI might be the type of guy who, after a disappointing rookie season, would want to prove himself worthy of going to the mamba before asking for help.

Or maybe they already did meet up and he just didn't want to make a big deal about it publicly. Kobe probably gives more high level mental approach advice rather than detailed lessons on the craft. Honestly, coaches and trainers can get you to a certain fundamental level. After he's there, then he can go to the master for the secrets.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject:

Iím getting very impressed by his bbiq. He is pretty much the only one that knows how to run our offense in half court and is directing everyone where to be in the floor. This has been a huge step since Lonzo is been out.
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Heís almost averaging 20PPG in the month of February his numbers currently 19.6 that is amazing progress for a 20 year old.
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
ÄH£M£$TR• wrote:
awntawn wrote:

I feel like BI might be too shy to reach out. I know the feeling when dealing with mentors in my field. I know they said to ask them if I ever need anything, but do they really mean that, or are they just being nice? Kuz on the other hand is probably the more assertive type and just called right away.

I feel like BI might be the type of guy who, after a disappointing rookie season, would want to prove himself worthy of going to the mamba before asking for help.

Or maybe they already did meet up and he just didn't want to make a big deal about it publicly. Kobe probably gives more high level mental approach advice rather than detailed lessons on the craft. Honestly, coaches and trainers can get you to a certain fundamental level. After he's there, then he can go to the master for the secrets.

Gordon Hayward directly attributed spending a week in the off-season staying at Kobe's crib with his big improvement in his season before the catastrophic injury. The guy posted career highs in scoring, efficiency and you could just see how adept he was at getting to his spots on the floor.
Lakesh0wtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

My constant defending of Ingram from my friends saying he was a bust and the next Marvin Williams is finallypaying off lol
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Tayshaun Prince was one of his main comparisons of people who were low on Ingram. Last season, thought that his floor and one comparison of Ingram was to Nicolas Batum. But, he is already averaging 16 ppg, which is already more than Prince & Batum ever averaged at only age 20. Everything is lining up towards the Kawhi/Giannis trajectory in his career. Now we know why he is Mr. Untouchable after all.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:

It appears as long as I stay away, BI won't cool off. Might as well ban me now
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Tayshaun Prince was one of his main comparisons of people who were low on Ingram. Last season, thought that his floor and one comparison of Ingram was to Nicolas Batum. But, he is already averaging 16 ppg, which is already more than Prince & Batum ever averaged at only age 20. Everything is lining up towards the Kawhi/Giannis trajectory in his career. Now we know why he is Mr. Untouchable after all.

Tayshaun Prince was a great player. That chase down block of Reggie Miller in the ECF won them the championship. The Pacers weren't going to beat the Lakers that year.

But yeah. BI should be a much more accomplished player when it's all said and done. Hopefully.
Lakesh0wtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/26DMTNHidAoTKRA4w/giphy.gif

The feeling I get watching this is probably the same way inspector feels when he hears a trade rumor 😂
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject:

39,3 % from the 3pt line and only 20 yrs old. Imagine BI in 3-4 years.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The feeling I get watching this is probably the same way inspector feels when he hears a trade rumor 😂

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:

My concern with Ingram has never been his ceiling or his tools, but how far he had to go to develop them.

I think they've made enormous strides in terms of his skill development this season, and that's a huge credit to Ingram and Brian Keefe. Those are the guys doing the nuts and bolts of that work.

My main complaint this season has been how that skill development has been deployed, which is mostly a Luke & coaching staff thing. These last few games have been beautiful. The next step is to stack better defense on top of this.

Does this mean you've changed your mind and think he can be at least a 20ppg scorer in this league?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

That was NOICE!
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:

Back in the day they used to teach kids to get automatic from closer to the basket before working their way back. Sort of around the world progression. Brandon always looked like he had good touch, just somewhat funky and inconsistent mechanics. You can see they've worked on that. I'm not sure his use of midrange wasn't just getting comfortable in-game at that range before moving out further. In this latter part of the year he seems to be putting up more attempts from distance.

I agree with this. I never had a problem with Ingram's 3 point attempts because he never attempted bad 3s. Brook and Kuz used to kill me with this early on, taking contested 3s and you KNEW they were gonna brick by how hard the defense closed out. It really used to irk me because both of them are good at attacking closeouts but insisted on jacking up 3s that had no chance of going in. I think Brandon now has a good sense of when and when not to shoot it while also having a quicker release than before which will help him maintain a high percentage that he wouldn't have had if he was just chucking them up at every opportunity.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Tayshaun Prince was a great player. That chase down block of Reggie Miller in the ECF won them the championship. The Pacers weren't going to beat the Lakers that year.

But yeah. BI should be a much more accomplished player when it's all said and done. Hopefully.

I think he's more Kawai than Giannis. I don't think BI has that athletic ability like Giannis (though Kawai isn't a slouch either).

We are in 1st place with 2 laps to go. Let's finish the job.
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

I think he's more Kawai than Giannis. I don't think BI has that athletic ability like Giannis (though Kawai isn't a slouch either).

Ingram is a future multi-time DPOY award winner?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 957, 958, 959 ... 966, 967, 968  Next
Page 958 of 968
Jump to: