OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 972, 973, 974 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

Been saying this... Ingram is a point forward as well and shoots the ball way better. Simmons can’t even make a 3 he’s scared to even shoot em... the guy can’t shoot past 10 feet. Once Ingram’s frame fills out the separation will be clear.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Still can't believe we were able to get Ingram. People here weren't sufficiently grateful after his slow first season, but remember that DraftExpress and others had him ranked ahead of Simmons as the #1.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

Been saying this... Ingram is a point forward as well and shoots the ball way better. Simmons can’t even make a 3 he’s scared to even shoot em... the guy can’t shoot past 10 feet. Once Ingram’s frame fills out the separation will be clear.

Yea, that's not a new take. Many said that at the time we drafted Ingram, and have continued to say it since. One of the Ringer writers today tweeted how at the Sloan Conference many a front office executive stated they thought Ingram had a higher ceiling and would turn out to be the better player over Simmons.

Consider that Simmons is a year older than Ingram and, unlike Ingram, is much more advanced in terms of physical maturation/development. Give Ingram another year, no less that man body he'll eventually have, and then see where he stands next to Simmons. While Simmons will certainly likely always be a better passer than Ingram, I think Ingram will have him beat eventually in just about every other category (but maybe rebounding due to size).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Still can't believe we were able to get Ingram. People here weren't sufficiently grateful after his slow first season, but remember that DraftExpress and others had him ranked ahead of Simmons as the #1.

Draft experts said Ingram had the best allstar potential...
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

thought we were drafting baby durant and ended up getting baby lebron
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

Yea, that's not a new take. Many said that at the time we drafted Ingram, and have continued to say it since. One of the Ringer writers today tweeted how at the Sloan Conference many a front office executive stated they thought Ingram had a higher ceiling and would turn out to be the better player over Simmons.

Consider that Simmons is a year older than Ingram and, unlike Ingram, is much more advanced in terms of physical maturation/development. Give Ingram another year, no less that man body he'll eventually have, and then see where he stands next to Simmons. While Simmons will certainly likely always be a better passer than Ingram, I think Ingram will have him beat eventually in just about every other category (but maybe rebounding due to size).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Draft experts said Ingram had the best allstar potential...

Simmons has made zero three pointers this entire season.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

BI > Giannis?

BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers4Life33 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

BI > Giannis?

Woah woah woah...let’s calm down now lol
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

Yep. Simmons is better than Ingram right now but I wouldn’t trade them straight up. Given Ingram's age, rate of improvement, likely physical development, freakish length, and comparative shooting ability, he could well have a higher ceiling than Simmons.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, a lot of people just point to Simmons beasting in his rookie year (*eye roll*) and say BI can't even compare to that based on their respective play RIGHT NOW. I guess you can attribute Simmons' grown man body (pretty rare for players his age) as part of his overall "talent" package and use that as an argument in favor of him over BI. And of course, BI probably won't ever be able to measure up to the full extent of his speed/athleticism advantages.

But to me, you also have to factor in BI having that much extra room to grow as a player compared to Simmons. He's going to somewhat bridge that gap physically, which is only going to amplify his other skills and abilities. How much more can Simmons improve his body? He's definitely a physical freak of nature, but he already looks to be in his physical prime. This isn't a direct comparison, but it's like comparing a young KD to a young Lebron. You'd think one could never compete with the other, but now look at them.

I will say, though, that if Simmons ever adds a reliable jumper to his game, it's over for the league and he's probably the best player in the game at that point. But that's a way bigger if than BI's natural physical growth.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

That 3rd quarter was incredible.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Btw, not too proud to admit Ingram has progressed faster and further than I expected.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Not only does BI have great gifts, he has an amazing mentality for such a young man (imo). At this point, we can be confident that he is going to dedicate himself for years to being as good a player as he can be. Humble, focused, and driven.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

From time to time I read comments about how he's ahead of Durant at this age. Even Durant said this. Either KD has amnesia regarding himself, or he's just being modest. I looked at the numbers. They're both born in September, and they both started their rookie year after barely turning 19. So they have the EXACT timeline.

Year 1
KD 20 pts 43%, 29% from three, 87% FT
BI 9 pts 40%, 29% from three, 62% FT

Year 2
KD 25 pts 48%, 42% from three, 86% FT
BI 16 pts 46%, 38.5% from three, 69% FT .... so far.

KD basically ARRIVED his second season in the NBA. But I'm still very excited about Ingram, but no longer KD excited. I'm actually more Pippen/Kawhi excited about BI. He's come a long way. I've always been nervous when he's running point forward, but he has improved greatly.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Not only does BI have great gifts, he has an amazing mentality for such a young man (imo). At this point, we can be confident that he is going to dedicate himself for years to being as good a player as he can be. Humble, focused, and driven.

BI is old school. Love the kid
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

From time to time I read comments about how he's ahead of Durant at this age. Even Durant said this. Either KD has amnesia regarding himself, or he's just being modest. I looked at the numbers. They're both born in September, and they both started their rookie year after barely turning 19. So they have the EXACT timeline.

Year 1

Year 2

KD basically ARRIVED his second season in the NBA. But I'm still very excited about Ingram, but no longer KD excited. I'm actually more Pippen/Kawhi excited about BI. He's come a long way. I've always been nervous when he's running point forward, but he has improved greatly.

KD is one of the five greatest scorers ever (being conservative) and comparing anyone to him is just unfair.
Ingram doesn't even play like Durant, never mind effectiveness. I don't know why anyone even brings him up beyond body type similarities.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
BI > Ben Simmons

Yeah I said it.

A month or two ago, someone in another thread dug up some old posts of mine to say look how wrong you were about these things: one of them was a pre-draft prediction that BI would be the better player over Simmons and that he was my preference for us to draft. I guess I really blew that one.

My response to the poster was that I still think BI will be the better player, and that looks even more apparent today.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

Year 1

Year 2

KD is one of the five greatest scorers ever (being conservative) and comparing anyone to him is just unfair.
Ingram doesn't even play like Durant, never mind effectiveness. I don't know why anyone even brings him up beyond body type similarities.

Exactly.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

Year 1

Year 2

Exactly.

Prior to the draft, there were plenty of KD talk from so called "experts" as well as this forum. And KD, himself, is also guilty of perpetuating the comparison. But that's the point of my post, he's not KD. It was quite evident after last year.

But I'm equally excited at the prospect of a lankier Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

Year 1

Year 2

Exactly.

Prior to the draft, there were plenty of KD talk from so called "experts" as well as this forum. And KD, himself, is also guilty of perpetuating the comparison. But that's the point of my post, he's not KD. It was quite evident after last year.

But I'm equally excited at the prospect of a lankier Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard.

So he falls far short of Kevin Durant (MVP, future HOFer), but he’s potentially Scottie Pippen (HOFer) and/or Kawhi Leonard (DPOY, perennial MVP candidate, and future HOFer)?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

Year 1

Year 2

Exactly.

So he falls far short of Kevin Durant (MVP, future HOFer), but he’s potentially Scottie Pippen (HOFer) and/or Kawhi Leonard (DPOY, perennial MVP candidate, and future HOFer)?

Durant > Pippen & Leonard
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

Can't we just enjoy Ingram for what he is and who he'll become? It's clear to me at least that he's a pretty special player. Both BI & Zo seem to only care about winning and not so much what the box score reads. That's a rare quality to have with high draft picks, and we have two of those players on our team!
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject:

ANGRY INGRAM IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 972, 973, 974 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 973 of 1885
Jump to: