OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 973, 974, 975 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

From time to time I read comments about how he's ahead of Durant at this age. Even Durant said this. Either KD has amnesia regarding himself, or he's just being modest. I looked at the numbers. They're both born in September, and they both started their rookie year after barely turning 19. So they have the EXACT timeline.

Year 1
KD 20 pts 43%, 29% from three, 87% FT
BI 9 pts 40%, 29% from three, 62% FT

Year 2
KD 25 pts 48%, 42% from three, 86% FT
BI 16 pts 46%, 38.5% from three, 69% FT .... so far.

KD basically ARRIVED his second season in the NBA. But I'm still very excited about Ingram, but no longer KD excited. I'm actually more Pippen/Kawhi excited about BI. He's come a long way. I've always been nervous when he's running point forward, but he has improved greatly.

KD is one of the five greatest scorers ever (being conservative) and comparing anyone to him is just unfair.
Ingram doesn't even play like Durant, never mind effectiveness. I don't know why anyone even brings him up beyond body type similarities.

Exactly.

Prior to the draft, there were plenty of KD talk from so called "experts" as well as this forum. And KD, himself, is also guilty of perpetuating the comparison. But that's the point of my post, he's not KD. It was quite evident after last year.

But I'm equally excited at the prospect of a lankier Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard.

Yeah to be clear, I was agreeing with your post
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject:

mamba BI tonight was hype
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject:

I love this kid.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
20 years old. Wow.

From time to time I read comments about how he's ahead of Durant at this age. Even Durant said this. Either KD has amnesia regarding himself, or he's just being modest. I looked at the numbers. They're both born in September, and they both started their rookie year after barely turning 19. So they have the EXACT timeline.

Year 1
KD 20 pts 43%, 29% from three, 87% FT
BI 9 pts 40%, 29% from three, 62% FT

Year 2
KD 25 pts 48%, 42% from three, 86% FT
BI 16 pts 46%, 38.5% from three, 69% FT .... so far.

KD basically ARRIVED his second season in the NBA. But I'm still very excited about Ingram, but no longer KD excited. I'm actually more Pippen/Kawhi excited about BI. He's come a long way. I've always been nervous when he's running point forward, but he has improved greatly.

KD is one of the five greatest scorers ever (being conservative) and comparing anyone to him is just unfair.
Ingram doesn't even play like Durant, never mind effectiveness. I don't know why anyone even brings him up beyond body type similarities.

Exactly.

Prior to the draft, there were plenty of KD talk from so called "experts" as well as this forum. And KD, himself, is also guilty of perpetuating the comparison. But that's the point of my post, he's not KD. It was quite evident after last year.

But I'm equally excited at the prospect of a lankier Scottie Pippen/Kawhi Leonard.

So he falls far short of Kevin Durant (MVP, future HOFer), but he’s potentially Scottie Pippen (HOFer) and/or Kawhi Leonard (DPOY, perennial MVP candidate, and future HOFer)?

Imo he’s not on Durant’s level of a scorer and will never be but at the same age he’s a better all around player than Durant was and that’s what Durant was alluding too.. Not saying he’ll be better than Durant but he’s ahead of him in playmaking and def
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

KD - Pippen is a good discussion to have (Kawhi a hair below) but BI not being KD is A-OK!!! I bet at this point you can't come up with 10 names you would trade this kid straight up with
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

Brandon was able to get whatever he wanted last night. The Hawks had no answer.
Soon we will be saying that about quite a few teams (just fill in the blank).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

We were at the mall and my 6 year old gleams with pride as he saw BI's Express Men's advertisement. Yes, I have raised my children well in the Lakers force, even away from LA.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

^ that's awesome 🙌🏽
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

I didn't even notice to be honest. But my son was like, "dad, that's Ingram. That's Brandon Ingram..."
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

I didn't even notice to be honest. But my son was like, "dad, that's Ingram. That's Brandon Ingram..."

Lolll that's dope man. Who's his favorite player?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

Lolll that's dope man. Who's his favorite player?

Any Laker. He likes Shaq.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Last night was the first time I saw Ingram take over a game to push us over the hump. He had a superstar moment. Right after he got fouled he made some key defensive plays, got several rebounds, and scored like 8 points in a row. Haven’t seen him take over like this. He needs to get mad more often. I think we will see flashes like this over the next year. By 22, all star.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Last night was the first time I saw Ingram take over a game to push us over the hump. He had a superstar moment. Right after he got fouled he made some key defensive plays, got several rebounds, and scored like 8 points in a row. Haven’t seen him take over like this. He needs to get mad more often. I think we will see flashes like this over the next year. By 22, all star.

And it did not seem forced like early in the season. He was reading what was available and attacking.

Tremendous growth from him and Randle. This is why you don’t give up on young players. Ingram (year 2) and Randle (year 3) are strutting their stuff.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

I posted at all star break about the kid being fatigued and how he had so much energy at Duke. It’s started for him. Can’t wait to see tiny dawg develop into big dawg. Getting a BI city edition jersey fosho
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tremendous growth from him and Randle. This is why you don’t give up on young players. Ingram (year 2) and Randle (year 3) are strutting their stuff.

Been saying this for years! Keep the core together magic!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Can't we just enjoy Ingram for what he is and who he'll become?

NO! He must be compared to all time greats or else he's not even worth talking about!!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

I am so glad to see lot's of folks coming around on BI!

He was the youngest player in the draft and physically immature compared to guys like Ben Simmons.

The reason I have always believed in him is because of his work ethic and his humble nature. Plus he is way more athletic than people give him credit for, he had a 40" plus vert going into Duke. He also has broad shoulders and should fill out well.

Some folks got depressed by his advanced stats- but we knew he was weak and competing in the NBA being so young was hard on him. But I always had 'faith' I guess in him due to his intangibles.

I am sure he will continue to have up and downs but so far in his 1 + NBA seasons he has continually improved and played his best ball at the end of the season.

I don't want to break up this core, Zo, JR, BI, Kuz and Hart can be special. Honestly I would not want to trade any of them. We have the cap space, use it to add a player. Don't break up this core.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We were at the mall and my 6 year old gleams with pride as he saw BI's Express Men's advertisement. Yes, I have raised my children well in the Lakers force, even away from LA.

Do or Do Not...and you have Done.

#BannersOverBillboards
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
I posted at all star break about the kid being fatigued and how he had so much energy at Duke. It’s started for him. Can’t wait to see tiny dawg develop into big dawg. Getting a BI city edition jersey fosho

Agreed, city edition is 🔥. Str8 Mamba. I’ll wait for the summer to complete the whole lineup. But I’ll get BI sometime soon.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Magic last summer

“BI is a guy we probably won’t think about moving ever”
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

@LakersReporter
Quote:
Here are 20-year-old @B_Ingram13’s averages in February: 18.6 points on 54.5% FG’s, 52.2% 3’s and 77.8% FT's; 5.6 assists; 5.2 rebounds; 1.1 blocks and 0.6 steals in 33.7 minutes.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

Great job raising a Lakers fan. I assume you guys were at the movies and saw the Slenderman poster. jk
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

He's had a couple of games this year where he put the team on his back down the stretch. Off the top of my head, IIRC, one was against the Bulls.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
^ that's awesome 🙌🏽

Great job raising a Lakers fan. I assume you guys were at the movies and saw the Slenderman poster. jk

My daughter loved Lin when he was on the Lakers. She likes Lonzo right now (and DLO before).

My son knows all the Lakers somehow and likes Shaq a lot.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“He’s not as bouncy but when he unravels his body to finish at the rim man he can do it from all over the court…His ability to get into certain creases is really a special talent and that is really the same talent Giannis has in Milwaukee.”

- David Fizdale on @B_Ingram13

Quote:
“They all kinda fit that same template. These young 6’10” handlers who can bring the ball up the court and could post…When he can just stand there and make a shot consistently. He is going to be dangerous.”

- David Fizdale on @B_Ingram13
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 973, 974, 975 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 974 of 1885
Jump to: