OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1006, 1007, 1008 ... 1076, 1077, 1078  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7185

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

has BI practiced with the team?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1372

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Well, I agree that he is probably going to be the best player of this team. At this point, I think JR is playing best.


I'll take Ball overall, but I'm glad to have both. and Jules

I've been hot and cold, but his improvement this year has squashed all doubts.

It's a shame both Ingram and Ball both got hurt in the middle of them rolling.

I'm glad we have about 3-4 guys to argue over who is our best prospect seemingly every other week.

On a side note, the KD comparisons are really unfair. He was the original unicorn, a dynamic two way Kobe archetype with 5 extra inches of height. If anything BI's playing style is closer to Lebron being primarily a slasher and playmaker, but he's gonna need to develop a protein fetish before he can even sniff those levels of play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5191

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I doubt he plays until next Friday at earliest.

Just going off how cautious they are with the young guys. Itís at the expense of winning a couple of more games but that seems to be their philosophy for this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126379
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
So what's going on with him? Was he evaluated? All I've heard was "he's feeling better".


I read on twitter that we wonít know his status until pregame


On March 5 they said he would be evaluated in about a week, so that should happen in the next couple of days. He wonít play tonight, he hasnít been checked out.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 17649
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
So what's going on with him? Was he evaluated? All I've heard was "he's feeling better".


I read on twitter that we wonít know his status until pregame


On March 5 they said he would be evaluated in about a week, so that should happen in the next couple of days. He wonít play tonight, he hasnít been checked out.


Maybe the diagnosis is so minor that they probably know about it and arenít in a hurry to put the re-evaluation status to the public, if he was gonna be out for a while one would assume someone would say it by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 126379
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
So what's going on with him? Was he evaluated? All I've heard was "he's feeling better".


I read on twitter that we wonít know his status until pregame


On March 5 they said he would be evaluated in about a week, so that should happen in the next couple of days. He wonít play tonight, he hasnít been checked out.


Maybe the diagnosis is so minor that they probably know about it and arenít in a hurry to put the re-evaluation status to the public, if he was gonna be out for a while one would assume someone would say it by now.


How would they know that if he hasnít been re-evaluated? Which he hasnít been.
_________________
LG NBA Playoff pool first round:

1. pjiddy 32
2. blackmamba08 30
2. rebirth 30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 17649
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
So what's going on with him? Was he evaluated? All I've heard was "he's feeling better".


I read on twitter that we wonít know his status until pregame


On March 5 they said he would be evaluated in about a week, so that should happen in the next couple of days. He wonít play tonight, he hasnít been checked out.


Maybe the diagnosis is so minor that they probably know about it and arenít in a hurry to put the re-evaluation status to the public, if he was gonna be out for a while one would assume someone would say it by now.


How would they know that if he hasnít been re-evaluated? Which he hasnít been.


They said it will happen over the weekend, we should know at some point during pregame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7185

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter
16m16 minutes ago
More Mike Trudell Retweeted TeamZo2 🏀
Ingram is officially out for tonightís game. Heíll be evaluated by team doctors at the arena to see when he might be expected to return.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand why they handle the reporting of injuries the way that they do. Seems like this would be a good under-promise/over-deliver situation. Tell fans that you think it's gonna be a 3-4 week injury, re-evaluate him in 1, and then everyone's happy if he's back in 2-3 weeks.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: https://theathletic.com/checkout/?plan_id=45&pc=lakersfilmroom&source=podcastads&campaign_type=experiment&campaign_id=lfrpodcast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 16052

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Ingram walked into the arena with a Charlie Conway Mighty Ducks jersey on
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 1517

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Tired of this baby-ing. Just let guys play. The team rules guys out without even evaluating them. Like what the (bleep)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7185

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

no practice no play has always been the rule...no?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 6509
Location: searching for the mojo of Dr. Buss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I don't understand why they handle the reporting of injuries the way that they do. Seems like this would be a good under-promise/over-deliver situation. Tell fans that you think it's gonna be a 3-4 week injury, re-evaluate him in 1, and then everyone's happy if he's back in 2-3 weeks.

It's not about the fans. It's about forcing the opposition to prepare as if a player might play. Make them spend some futile effort.

I agree with it.
_________________
"He may say it's not you, it's him.... but it's really you."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13260

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Tired of this baby-ing. Just let guys play. The team rules guys out without even evaluating them. Like what the (bleep)...

I'd much rather them be overly cautious. And we don't know it's "overly" to begin with as we don't know the inside details.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36832

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Tired of this baby-ing. Just let guys play. The team rules guys out without even evaluating them. Like what the (bleep)...


Because it was never a week long injury.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: https://theathletic.com/checkout/?plan_id=45&pc=lakersfilmroom&source=podcastads&campaign_type=experiment&campaign_id=lfrpodcast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 56057

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

You don't mess around with groin injuries.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 1517

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Tired of this baby-ing. Just let guys play. The team rules guys out without even evaluating them. Like what the (bleep)...

I'd much rather them be overly cautious. And we don't know it's "overly" to begin with as we don't know the inside details.


It's overly cause even before Lonzo came back, he said he was ready and could play right now but the team is just waiting t'ill after the break. I bet if you ask Brandon, he would tell you he can play right now. Their logic probably was "Oh the Cavs are down 3-4 guys, we can buy ourselves a game by resting Brandon here".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11527

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I don't understand why they handle the reporting of injuries the way that they do. Seems like this would be a good under-promise/over-deliver situation. Tell fans that you think it's gonna be a 3-4 week injury, re-evaluate him in 1, and then everyone's happy if he's back in 2-3 weeks.


Hate to break it to you, GT, but the injury reporting in sports is not for the fans - it's for the gamblers.

If it was up to the coaches, they'd say nothing and make opponents guess who was going to be out there. But sports leagues have known since the early days of horse racing that gambling (legal & otherwise) is a huge boost to interest & viewership, and much of the info out there (injuries, lineups, etc.) was initially published for the benefit of bettors.
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10206

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

We'd all like to see BI play, but I'm glad they're cautious. We're pretty much locked in at the 11th seed. There's no reason to press on through injury.

I've been hoping they can make a push for 40 wins, but at the end of the day it's just an arbitrary number as long as we're out of the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1226

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Ireland just said on the radio that there is a report floating around that BI might play Tuesday night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28449

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
We'd all like to see BI play, but I'm glad they're cautious. We're pretty much locked in at the 11th seed. There's no reason to press on through injury.

I've been hoping they can make a push for 40 wins, but at the end of the day it's just an arbitrary number as long as we're out of the playoffs.


It can't even be said that they're being cautious, really. Its been a week.. the injury is what it is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16566
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Ireland just said on the radio that there is a report floating around that BI might play Tuesday night.


I would hate for BI to play before he's completely ready, but I'd love to have more firepower when Denver skulks into Staples.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 922

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Would like to say..screw you Justice Winslow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 17649
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Ireland just said on the radio that there is a report floating around that BI might play Tuesday night.


Hell yea!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 19865

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Ireland just said on the radio that there is a report floating around that BI might play Tuesday night.


I would hate for BI to play before he's completely ready, but I'd love to have more firepower when Denver skulks into Staples.


They need to sign Bynum to a 10 day contract.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1006, 1007, 1008 ... 1076, 1077, 1078  Next
Page 1007 of 1078
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB