OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1009, 1010, 1011 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Ingrantula!

That was a sick nickname for Durant but BI deserves better than a Durant hand-me-down that doesn't even fit that well.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@billoram

Quote:
Brandon Ingram has been cleared to begin on-court, non-contact basketball activities. Lakers say he is "progressing well" and is "day-to-day"

F*ck and yes.

32 wrote:
Al13 wrote:
he needs to toughen up a little bit and play, coaching staff also needs to stop and babysit them all the time, Kuzma already showing a lot with that ankle and playing through it.

BS. The kid is tough. Last year he missed only 3 games. He has a legit injury. You don't mess around with groin injuries.

Couldn’t agree more, Bobby. Well stated.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject:

I've been trying to think of player comps for BI since he's a pretty unique prospect. What do you guys think of a younger Grant Hill? He's not as explosive, but I see a lot of Hill in Ingram in how they relentlessly attack the basket and use angles to their advantage in finishing over a defender.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I've been trying to think of player comps for BI since he's a pretty unique prospect. What do you guys think of a younger Grant Hill? He's not as explosive, but I see a lot of Hill in Ingram in how they relentlessly attack the basket and use angles to their advantage in finishing over a defender.

I like that. A longer young Grant Hill
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
he needs to toughen up a little bit and play, coaching staff also needs to stop and babysit them all the time, Kuzma already showing a lot with that ankle and playing through it.

If he rushes back from a groin injury he could be lost for the season, they linger for a while.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
According to my eye test BI has been improving his game all season, and was playing far better and more consistently in February than he was in November. Next season with Randle and BI together? Awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Day to day now. BI or no BI I expect losses at Indy and NO. I hope he can ease back in on low minutes and come out of it pain free this coming week. Maybe start kicking butt again around the time we reach Memphis.

NOP will be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights, I hope we run them out the damn building.

That can't be right they don't play 3 games in a row anymore.

It’s a make-up game. Also their 5th in 6 nights.

Damn you're right. That's crazy. We will have two days off before that game. We should blow them out.

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

It must be to make up for that game that was canceled because of a leaking roof. That's rough.

Yep, vs Pacers.

Their sequence: Houston (yesterday), Boston, rest, Dallas, Indiana, Lakers.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:

This thread frequently smells like a giant fart as people with no knowledge of the medical situation talk out of their asses. What a joke.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
According to my eye test BI has been improving his game all season, and was playing far better and more consistently in February than he was in November. Next season with Randle and BI together? Awesome. We'll see if it happens.

Day to day now. BI or no BI I expect losses at Indy and NO. I hope he can ease back in on low minutes and come out of it pain free this coming week. Maybe start kicking butt again around the time we reach Memphis.

NOP will be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights, I hope we run them out the damn building.

Damn you're right. That's crazy. We will have two days off before that game. We should blow them out.

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

It must be to make up for that game that was canceled because of a leaking roof. That's rough.

Yep, vs Pacers.

That’s pretty rough.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

Dang! That's like a game schedule from the 1960s. It will be good for us but we also want the Pels to overtake the Cavs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Al13 wrote:

This thread frequently smells like a giant fart as people with no knowledge of the medical situation talk out of their asses. What a joke.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

Yep, vs Pacers.

That’s pretty rough.

Daaang... That's crazy. If all goes well BI might see spot minutes. All the better, considering we're likely to run them all night.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

He's officially out tomorrow.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
He's officially out tomorrow.

I’m gonna give it 1 more chance if something comes up before Thursday and he sits out that game as well then the Lakers should shut him down for the rest of the year there is only like 12-13 games left no reason for the Lakers to be picky with the fan base.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
funny that some are still looking at a spreadsheet to determine BI's value

Pretty sure the spreadsheets are in agreement with the eye test. He's been great since roughly Feb. Give it up, will you?

He’s been pretty good all season.

Nope, he really hasn't been. If you don't think there is an obvious difference, on the stat sheets (basic & advanced) and on the court, since February... well obviously we weren't watching the same games.

It's all part of the process. He was legit the worst player in the league before ASB during his rookie season, then he came back much better after ASB. He started off this season playing better then he did post asb last year. Now in 2018 he just turned it up another notch.

I honestly think Ingram will be the best player on the roster next to Randle out of all the players currently on our roster for next season. If he makes similar improvements next year, I don't see why he can't be a 20/5/5 guy next year.

Remember when half this sub was down to trade him for Myles Turner?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
tox wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Pretty sure the spreadsheets are in agreement with the eye test. He's been great since roughly Feb. Give it up, will you?

Nope, he really hasn't been. If you don't think there is an obvious difference, on the stat sheets (basic & advanced) and on the court, since February... well obviously we weren't watching the same games.

It's all part of the process. He was legit the worst player in the league before ASB during his rookie season, then he came back much better after ASB. He started off this season playing better then he did post asb last year. Now in 2018 he just turned it up another notch.

I honestly think Ingram will be the best player on the roster next to Randle out of all the players currently on our roster for next season. If he makes similar improvements next year, I don't see why he can't be a 20/5/5 guy next year.

I wouldn't trade him for Myles Turner, but I don't think the Pacers would trade Turner for him either. Turner's good.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
mookielala wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
32 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
32 wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

5 in 6 nights? Good God.

Yep, vs Pacers.

That’s pretty rough.

Daaang... That's crazy. If all goes well BI might see spot minutes. All the better, considering we're likely to run them all night.

No mercy!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Damn, why can't the Cavs be playing a brutal schedule like that? I want their pick in the teens.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
tox wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

I would say his post-ASB last year and his start to this year were equal at best, if not a slight regression. But yeah, I agree with the message of your post. What he did in February was special for a 20 year old. I'm a converted skeptic, and that's why I know that Ingram's play has improved. If he were playing like this all season, I'd have been on board all season.

20/5/5 is dependent on who we sign next year. But given what he did in February, hey I see it as possible.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

We’ll just have to agree to disagree then.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
BizLA wrote:
tox wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

We’ll just have to agree to disagree then.

Ingram had some real stinkers before February. Awful shooting nights where he forced things and nights where he was invisible.

Typical of young players no doubt, but he definitely hasn't been a consistent phenom. I'm just glad he's showing the signs far more consistently now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Ingram had some real stinkers before February. Awful shooting nights where he forced things and nights where he was invisible.

Typical of young players no doubt, but he definitely hasn't been a consistent phenom. I'm just glad he's showing the signs far more consistently now

No one's calling him a phenom. He's had plenty of excellent games before February. Like you said, he's just being more consistent now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:
22 wrote:

No one's calling him a phenom. He's had plenty of excellent games before February. Like you said, he's just being more consistent now.

Agreed the consistency is key and I can't wait to see more!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Ingram has improved and will continue to improve.

Imo what the team misses most is his ability to eat up big minutes so that we see less of the G League guys. He is missed much the same way a big innings eater pitcher is in baseball, if that makes sense.

KCP and Ball playing heavy minutes and Ennis playing 10-15 min is really taking its toll.
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

From forcing shots up in iso, to discovering he's good at driving, to getting blocked and struggling to go left, to learning to drive and kick and use midrange to counter, to using his length more on defense, to slightly increasing three point attempts. Nice developments this season.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Too bad he's not playing tonight. I'm going to the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1009, 1010, 1011 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1010 of 1885
Jump to: