OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BikFGESntE6/

Am I delusional or does he already look a little bigger then when the season ended?

He looks older to me lol..

Gosh he does.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I hope he didn't take more than a week off from weightlifting.. can't lose that time as a skinny boy. body should be rejuvenated enough to lift after a week off
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Does Ingram have more tattoos on his arms? I feel like his ink progression happened really quickly.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Jaylen Brown could drive to the hoop, absorb contact and make the shot. How is Ingram coming along with his strength training? Jaylen Brown has developed so rapidly in his second year. I'm hoping Ingram is developing just as fast.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Jaylen Brown could drive to the hoop, absorb contact and make the shot. How is Ingram coming along with his strength training? Jaylen Brown has developed so rapidly in his second year. I'm hoping Ingram is developing just as fast.

Next year, Brandon Ingram will be as old as Jaylen Brown was this year. He'll also be as old as Ben Simmons was this year.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I thought Ingram had a better year than Jaylen. Especially given all Jaylen is asked to do is Defend and finish.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Um.

Ingram > Jaylen. More offensive responsibility. More versatility. Better pull up jumper. Better drive/kick dude. Equal 3pt%. We can actually go to Ingram late in games for shot creation. We can't with Jaylen.

Jaylen is a high level 3 and D dude.

Ingram is way more than that.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Does Ingram have more tattoos on his arms? I feel like his ink progression happened really quickly.

His tattoos per 36 are sure off the charts!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

If people want to compare a Celtic to Ingram, compare Tatum, especially since they are the same age (Ingram is like 5 months older, despite the fact Tatum is a rookie).

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's tattoos > Jaylen's tattoos

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Um.

Ingram > Jaylen. More offensive responsibility. More versatility. Better pull up jumper. Better drive/kick dude. Equal 3pt%. We can actually go to Ingram late in games for shot creation. We can't with Jaylen.

More offensive responsibility on a lottery team compared to having to fit in with a ECF contender. If we do sign two stars, it will be interesting to see how Ingram and the others fit in with being complimentary players. The only one who has been is Randle with Kobe.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Seemed like he came into the league pretty covered for the most part already.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Good to see video of him and Randle working out. I am glad they are taking the offseason seriously.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Um.

More offensive responsibility on a lottery team compared to having to fit in with a ECF contender. If we do sign two stars, it will be interesting to see how Ingram and the others fit in with being complimentary players. The only one who has been is Randle with Kobe.

Call it a lottery team if you'd like. BOS is still playing an All-Star and 1 elite perimeter defender.

Sad part is, a healthy team means you'd say Ingram would be leading a playoff team in the West. It's not his fault BOS is stacked.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

It isn't about anyone's fault, it is about role. Ingram was asked to play a major role this past season, and we will probably see that role scaled back if we land two all star players. He and the other young players will have to fit around them, not the other way around.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Brandon probably has the easiest job adjusting of the young players. Lonzo may not have the ball as much, and could get less playing time, if he is the weak link shooting. Randle may not fit well paired with LBJ, unless LeBron is going to stay outside, while Randle is in the game?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Ingram kind of did that too.. https://i.imgur.com/3FOjewM.jpg

I've loved Waylon Brown ever since his pre-draft interview/workout with the Lakers. The kid has a good head on his shoulders and legitimately has the right attitude and approach to the game. That being said, I don't think the Ingram comparisons are fair just yet, as they have/had completely different roles and different team constructions. Ingram was the focal point of defenses almost every night, while Brown never had that burden. I posted pictures of defenses just collapsing on Ingram and using that as a sound defensive strategy to shut the whole team down. When our 3pt shooting improved, BI was able to make his teammates better and thrive at the point-forward position.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BikFGESntE6/

Am I delusional or does he already look a little bigger then when the season ended?

He looks older to me lol..

Same, he looks about as is expected as he gets older.

Not a "Giannis" like leap, but then again I'm not sure we want that. I think his body will progress more like Durant's where he gets naturally stronger and more balanced but his body is only slightly bigger and more defined.

A Giannis-like leap would be great but it's not the norm.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/994618600291004418

Looks like Ingram is on a workout tour lol, he’s at Duke getting in a workout now
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

Looks like Ingram is on a workout tour lol, he’s at Duke getting in a workout now

Im sure all the young guys working out. great sign
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

In addition to his jumper and strength, I think there is a big mental improvement that may be coming for Ingram as well. As I have watched more Ingram highlights lately, something that stands out to me is his decision making... namely, how long it takes him to make a decision. One of the knocks on Randle before this seasons, and one of the primary reasons I would say he improved as well, was in regard to the time he held the ball before making a decision.

That one second difference in making a quicker decision not only allows players to take better advantage of a rotating defense, but is also more conducive to the team taking advantage of a rotating defense and, thud, winning team basketball. This variable is also what makes Ball so special- his quick decision making - and why we are such a better team with Ball on the floor. Ingram's brain hasn't entirely caught up with the speed of the game yet. That usually happens in a players third year, as it did with Randle. If Ingram can do the same, we should be in for a similar jump to that he made this past year, which likely means an all star level player.

Extra Pass
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Extra Pass wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Extra Pass wrote:
My friend who is also a skills trainer is training Brandon Ingram this off-season. Brandon is with him as we speak.

My friend is one of my favorite skills trainers in the country. Last summer he worked with Victor Oladpio.... most improved player.

David Alexander?

No. Micah Lancaster. Micah also worked with Kyrie early on.

I can't get you his jock strap but here's a video.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bif9SSdn5rl/?taken-by=micah_lancaster

Thanks for the info bro. Always interesting as hell to see whichever trainers guys are working with

No problem! As a skills trainer, I love the off-season when it comes to NBA because as someone who studies skill development it's really cool to see how each player tackles the summer. I was super pumped.

I was texting with Micah the other day. He said Brandon's potential is crazy.
For those who don't know, Micah specializes in the subtle details of skill development. So like picture moments of what is happening. Whether it's getting your hips lower, developing a perfect dribble drop step, mastering the off hand, and various footwork that I can go on for days about.

What helped Victor was that he worked with Micah all last summer, but then also worked with another trainer on game situations. To me that's the perfect balance. You break down the raw small details in moves that will improve your ability in executing it and then you get your reps of that move in game situations.
Extra Pass
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Also let me note that rest and recovery is just as important as how hard someone works this off-season. What use is your development if you can't stay on the floor? Something analytics and data still has to measure is the amount of basketball this new generation has played and what exactly the toll is.

These kids are starting AAU way younger than not just Kobe's generation, but even Durant's. The AAU schedule is also way more jam packed than ever and hoopers are starting skills training way earlier too. The positive is that they're developing a lot faster. I have some middle school hoopers who can do things with the ball that make college hoopers drop their jaws.

The downside is that it's A LOT of mileage. For the ones who make it to the NBA, they may be rookies but their bodies have done a lot more work on the hardwood than in the past. Add the pace of the game increasing and basketball suddenly isn't the healthiest sport for some players.

Attack the off-season hard but also do recovery every day you train. Also know when to give your body rest. As Laker fans we want great players, but we also don't want great players who are wearing suits on the sideline from April-June.
Extra Pass
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
In addition to his jumper and strength, I think there is a big mental improvement that may be coming for Ingram as well. As I have watched more Ingram highlights lately, something that stands out to me is his decision making... namely, how long it takes him to make a decision. One of the knocks on Randle before this seasons, and one of the primary reasons I would say he improved as well, was in regard to the time he held the ball before making a decision.

That one second difference in making a quicker decision not only allows players to take better advantage of a rotating defense, but is also more conducive to the team taking advantage of a rotating defense and, thud, winning team basketball. This variable is also what makes Ball so special- his quick decision making - and why we are such a better team with Ball on the floor. Ingram's brain hasn't entirely caught up with the speed of the game yet. That usually happens in a players third year, as it did with Randle. If Ingram can do the same, we should be in for a similar jump to that he made this past year, which likely means an all star level player.

Great analysis. That has always been my biggest critique of Ingram. His 5v5 I.Q. needs to improve. That being said he is 20 years old and only played 1 year in college. This part of the game will take time. The Lakers coaching staff hopefully will continue to develop his decision making. Once Ingram knows how to not over dribble to be efficient as well as not be a ball stopper and make the timely extra pass he will learn how to find his spots and let the game come to him.

Most players who do 1 year of college don't know much team defense because AAU is the worst place to learn defense so you have to hope you had a great high school coach.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Don’t care what anyone says but he looks bigger
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1050 of 1885
Jump to: