OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1056, 1057, 1058 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
You made a claim that you cant substantiate. I'm not going to accuse you of making silly statements without having quotes to back what I'm saying. As I said before, you won't be able to quote me on anything I've said that's asinine. In the future when addressing me, if you make any such claims be prepared to back it with something.

My claim is backed by the previous pages. No need to hand out the spark notes IMO.

No your claim isn't backed by anything.. You say I said some things that were "asinine" which is a lie basically.

I'm just saying in the future have some quotes to support what you're saying.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

This is what happens with recreational life.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

which player is being discussed?
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
which player is being discussed?

Pretty sure it's Tyler Ennis
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I've been a Jaylen Brown fan since his high school days. But I still believe Ingram has the higher ceiling. His length makes him a factor offensively, defensively, and on the boards.
Specifically, when talking about Ingram's offense. He gets to the free throw line with high volume and high efficiency. Out of all the wings in the league who get 3 or more FTA per game, Ingram's top 10 in free throw rate (number of FTA per FGA). http://bkref.com/tiny/pnLrp . Other guys on that top 10 list include Butler, Greek Freak, Derozan, RHJ, Jeff Green. And there are a ton of stars on that list (below Ingram).
But while Ingram has become addicted to beating his man off the dribble and scoring or creating. Jaylen has worked on fitting in on a team level. Jaylen is the superior player off ball. Jaylen doesn't turn into wallpaper for long stretches of the game if he isn't a primary initiator. And some of that is Boston's offense making sure everyone touches the ball on possessions.

I think Luke is competitive. And I'm sure this Boston success doesn't sit well with him. He'll want to prove he can develop Ingram into a leader who wins. Ingram's development has that going for it.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I feel actually ashamed that I was a part of it..

best to make your point, go back and forth once or twice at most and then move on. I don't mind a little disagreement and back and forth but once it has gone downhill I don't really care all that much on the outcome.

Nothing any numskull says is going to enlighten me and I know they are incapable of seeing the truth so what is the point?!? Say what you mean and mean what you say and let it go.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I feel actually ashamed that I was a part of it..

best to make your point, go back and forth once or twice at most and then move on. I don't mind a little disagreement and back and forth but once it has gone downhill I don't really care all that much on the outcome.

Nothing any numskull says is going to enlighten me and I know they are incapable of seeing the truth so what is the point?!? Say what you mean and mean what you say and let it go.

Couldn't agree more, as of late I've been doing just that.. Slipped up.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm not sure Grant Hill isn't his ceiling comp.....
Chickybaby on the commentary
A modern Hill who's a 3pt threat

GHill liked the same kind of hesitation dribbles, simple passes but racked up assists. Preferred to drive, some midrange. 6'8

I can't see the link from where I work, but I only imagine it's Grant Hill's special 'little hop step to advance, then either 1) step through drive if defender don't react or 2) cross over if defender reacts'. BI uses that move a lot to gain an angle to drive past his defender, but I rarely saw him successfully utilizes that second part of the move. Left hand ball handling needs to be worked on to the point he can consistently explode after right to left cross over.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

GHill liked the same kind of hesitation dribbles, simple passes but racked up assists. Preferred to drive, some midrange. 6'8

I can't see the link from where I work, but I only imagine it's Grant Hill's special 'little hop step to advance, then either 1) step through drive if defender don't react or 2) cross over if defender reacts'. BI uses that move a lot to gain an angle to drive past his defender, but I rarely saw him successfully utilizes that second part of the move. Left hand ball handling needs to be worked on to the point he can consistently explode after right to left cross over.

Yep it's that hop step or "hang-dribble" it's commonly called by trainers today.. the hand that's doing the crossing is the one that requires most ball handling skill, as long as the receiving hand only has to do 1 or two dribbles and gather, those are usually straight ahead simple dribbles.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yep it's that hop step or "hang-dribble" it's commonly called by trainers today.. the hand that's doing the crossing is the one that requires most ball handling skill, as long as the receiving hand only has to do 1 or two dribbles and gather, those are usually straight ahead simple dribbles.

hmm. I guess you can call it a hang-dribble.
Like I said I can't see your link, so we could be talking two different moves here lol.

The first move on this highlight is what I am thinking.
This guy is calling it thru the leg hesitation and there is a "hang dribble" component on the move as well. I just thought the most important part of the move was a subtle hop step/gather step/forward step... which actually creates an angle to drive if defender doesn't commit or set up for cross over if defender does commit.

BI actually does this quite a bit to gain an advantage to go right, but his cross is more right to left with meh explosion instead of quick to left and explode forward like GH. You see a lot of other players using it going straight successfully including BI but not many could use the counter with cross over consistently as GH, KD and few.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It's funny you actually saw the grant hill comparison. I was watching some old Grant videos a month or two ago and thought about how their games have some similarities but thought against even mentioning. Keep it to myself for the chastising it could get depending on what week it is and how the posters feel that particular week.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthquIA2lwU

Thanks GT.
I'm excited to see BI's progression in year 3.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Good stuff, as always.. On the post entry passing it seems there aren't that many guys that do it well anymore. Could be attributed to everyone wanting to jack up threes now. He definitely needs to improve there though. Especially with a monster like Randle on the block.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It's funny you actually saw the grant hill comparison. I was watching some old Grant videos a month or two ago and thought about how their games have some similarities but thought against even mentioning. Keep it to myself for the chastising it could get depending on what week it is and how the posters feel that particular week.

They both drink Sprite?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Just was watching this... made me smile... its what Ingram could be and, for one game, he was -

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Just was watching this... made me smile... its what Ingram could be and, for one game, he was -

That last possession where Ingram gets the steal from Durant makes me so (bleep) excited about his defensive potential.

This is the best game in Ingram's career IMO
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

That steal showed his potential as a 1v1 guy ya. He didn't have many 1v1 strips like that all year though . In a couple years that could be scary
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That last possession where Ingram gets the steal from Durant makes me so (bleep) excited about his defensive potential.

This is the best game in Ingram's career IMO

Just look at the way his effort directed his brain incredible

Seriously this game was lit though. In that moment I really believed he'd be a star
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
That steal showed his potential as a 1v1 guy ya. He didn't have many 1v1 strips like that all year though . In a couple years that could be scary

He showed serious defensive potential in all areas as a skinny 20 year old, you might have missed it because your brain didn't direct your attention that way.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Is it weird that I don't think that's his best game? I loved the stuff from the late 3rd quarter and on. Really loved the change of pace on Zaza in the 1st half, but super lazy closeouts by Durant early.

Durant, Draymond, Bell, Thompson, Next... ?

Especially loved how he lowered his shoulder and shortened his dribble on a change of pace dribble at 3:47. Got by Klay. I mean, he lost half his height and the ball-height was lower than the knee. Thompson couldn't do anything on that.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

He showed serious defensive potential in all areas as a skinny 20 year old, you might have missed it because your brain didn't direct your attention that way.

lol I'm talking about 1v1 and 1v1 steals specifically . His 1v1 analytics are at the low end of average and he didn't get many 1v1 strip steals at all
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

epak shakur.

If you're listening. I too subscribe to your dream of one day having Ingram at the 1 and Ball at the 2. Ingram would have to playmake in the vicinity of a Draymond Green, and Ball's shooting and cutting to the basket would have to translate from the college version of himself, but I still hold out hope!!!

Is there a "Sixth Sense" plot twist in the works? Is Luke actually grooming BI, not Randle to be the Draymond type facilitator on our team? We'll find out I guess.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Loved this game but my favorite Ingram game was at chicago when he took over in crunch time
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Is it weird that I don't think that's his best game? I loved the stuff from the late 3rd quarter and on. Really loved the change of pace on Zaza in the 1st half, but super lazy closeouts by Durant early.

Durant, Draymond, Bell, Thompson, Next... ?

Especially loved how he lowered his shoulder and shortened his dribble on a change of pace dribble at 3:47. Got by Klay. I mean, he lost half his height and the ball-height was lower than the knee. Thompson couldn't do anything on that.

1) IMO, that game against the Warriors really was Ingram in his element, and quite possibly a glimpse of prime Ingram. When you look at the attention he was attracting from a historically good defense, how can one not be excited of the future possibilities? He was literally Lebron'ing them-

https://i.imgur.com/uSJYp97.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hYQNLF2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fRpmVpN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0A1FRkk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jecN77o.jpg

I tweeted those pictures to Joey Ramirez and he mentioned Luke making it clear to Ingram that defenses were overcommitting to him this way and leaving shooters wide open. I think it's one of the reasons BI thrived at the point forward position later on.

2) When he doesn't telegraph or preordain his moves, I don't think defenses can neutralize him. He has the drive game to force numerous defenders to collapse on him, but needs to establish a more fluid outside/perimeter game to get defenders away from the paint area.

3) Luke talked about angry Ingram being on a different level, so I think much of the above has to do with his mentality and confidence level. When he lets the game come to him, it's beautiful. When he doesn't, defenses know what he's going to do and how he's going to do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1056, 1057, 1058 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1057 of 1885
Jump to: