OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1144, 1145, 1146  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Not really new but some time since DLO got trade to now, BI and him unfollowed each other on Insta and Twitter.

They were following each other during their season together and DLO is still following the rest of the guys from that team. This supports my theory that there was some type of bad blood between BI and DLO.

When DLO came to Staples Center BI went hard at him and if I remember correctly there was a moment in the game they were jawing at each other. Also a worlds difference between how much BI calls Lonzo "his point guard" vs. how he was towards DLO.

I wonder if years down the line we ever find out but I think there was some type of bad blood here.

This is something I noticed as well. I don't think Ingram ever respected DLO's game or work ethic. That is just how I always saw it. Ingram is about basketball business and DLO is about everything else but basketball.
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Not really new but some time since DLO got trade to now, BI and him unfollowed each other on Insta and Twitter.

They were following each other during their season together and DLO is still following the rest of the guys from that team. This supports my theory that there was some type of bad blood between BI and DLO.

When DLO came to Staples Center BI went hard at him and if I remember correctly there was a moment in the game they were jawing at each other. Also a worlds difference between how much BI calls Lonzo "his point guard" vs. how he was towards DLO.

I wonder if years down the line we ever find out but I think there was some type of bad blood here.

This is something I noticed as well. I don't think Ingram ever respected DLO's game or work ethic. That is just how I always saw it. Ingram is about basketball business and DLO is about everything else but basketball.

Yeah. There was also an interview with BI in our first game against the Nets. When they interviewed JC, they asked him if he had talked to DLo and he said yes.

When they interviewed BI, he said no, he hadnít talked to him. But it was the way he said he hadnít that made it seem as if it wasnít that he hadnít yet and more that he didnít plan to. I recall he also said something to the effect of, ďIíll let him know Iím here now on the courtĒ.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

BI Ďbout dat business!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Yeah. There was also an interview with BI in our first game against the Nets. When they interviewed JC, they asked him if he had talked to DLo and he said yes.

When they interviewed BI, he said no, he hadnít talked to him. But it was the way he said he hadnít that made it seem as if it wasnít that he hadnít yet and more that he didnít plan to. I recall he also said something to the effect of, ďIíll let him know Iím here now on the courtĒ.

holy crap i had the hardest time reading this sentence haha. but yeah i remember that too. i don't think those two ever clicked
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe on Hoopshype podcast said that heís had talks with Ingram about working out but it hasnít been set up yet
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kobe on Hoopshype podcast said that heís had talks with Ingram about working out but it hasnít been set up yet

Great to hear!! So I guess we could say the status has now moved to imminent.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Ingram needs to pester Kobe to set up workouts. He can't just sit back and wait for it to happen. He would benefit the most of our young players working with the GOAT. Kuzma too.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Imagine Ingram with Kobe's footwork
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

no one cares about Dlo anymore. butttt since u guys brought it up, i did notice ingram and dlo never got along. i think it's more due to Magic/Rob publicly backing BI and saying he is un-tradable whereas dlo was shipped out immediately following a long season of being ridiculed by byron
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I agree with you, but imagine <insert name of any player> with Kobe's footwork.

As an aside, Lonzo I get the footwork issues since he trained his whole life with his dad who is Byron Scott mixed with Press Maravich, but Ingram's dad was a legit coach. It's a little strange. Maybe BI's late growth spurt delayed his footwork as he was getting comfortable with the longer limbs back in high school.
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
danzag wrote:

I agree with you, but imagine <insert name of any player> with Kobe's footwork.

As an aside, Lonzo I get the footwork issues since he trained his whole life with his dad who is Byron Scott mixed with Press Maravich, but Ingram's dad was a legit coach. It's a little strange. Maybe BI's late growth spurt delayed his footwork as he was getting comfortable with the longer limbs back in high school.

It's interesting you mention that. I've always felt that BI isn't comfortable with his physical gifts, or hasn't learned to maximize them yet. I'm not hating though, it's just part of the learning curve I suppose.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

If we land Bron and PG.. I'm thinking their mentorship would really help Ingram grow as a player. Could be looking at a real monster by the end of next season.
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I took in a Nets game while visiting friends in NYC a few months back and for $100 had a seat pretty close to the Nets bench. All I can say is thank the lord we got rid of Russell. This dude must have ADD because he never paid attention to the coach during timeouts or seem engaged. It was ridiculous no one yelled at him.
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Great to hear!! So I guess we could say the status has now moved to imminent.

Looks like BIs been browsin' LG
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
I took in a Nets game while visiting friends in NYC a few months back and for $100 had a seat pretty close to the Nets bench. All I can say is thank the lord we got rid of Russell. This dude must have ADD because he never paid attention to the coach during timeouts or seem engaged. It was ridiculous no one yelled at him.

What was he doing when he wasn't listening?

- John Piper
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

There's a DLo bashing thread in the General forum, but which game did you attend?
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
YSong wrote:

What was he doing when he wasn't listening?

Riding the warm bike in one instance. Then chatting and joking with trainer in another. He was never listening to the coach and the funny part this was with Sean Marks and Trajan Langdon standing in the tunnel no more then 15-20 ft away.
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

There's a DLo bashing thread in the General forum, but which game did you attend?

Easy to remember. Hornets. Duhwight went for 30/30
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I know everyone smells it.
Breakout year!
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

The DLO In Memoriam thread was locked unfortunately. People still need a place to let it all out
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Breakout year!

Yeah. Sadly probably for another team :/
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
epak wrote:
Breakout year!

Magic won't make that mistake...book it
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
epak wrote:
Breakout year!

Hope not!

But Iím pretty nervous about it lol
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
epak wrote:
Breakout year!

Hope not!

But Iím pretty nervous about it lol

I think we gotta hope that Lebron doesn't take the max.
But if he does, I hope we only get one of the Lebron or PG.
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

And KD's jump shot
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1144, 1145, 1146  Next
Page 1074 of 1146
Jump to: