OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1226, 1227, 1228  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Sigh counting down the days :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5661
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Gonna miss you when you're gone BI. Guess that's how the cookie crumbles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 May 2001
Posts: 2014
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject:

I love BI and Randle too. Still KL is a top 5 player in NBA if healthy and they will want BI. If Deng goes to make salaries work you gotta do it as KL is only 26.

I would like to see KL, PG and Randle as the core next year if we make the trade. That would open up cap space to sign some mid range FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Lol Jeanie Buss follows randle kuz and Zo on IG but does not followe BI haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
watchME
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Lol Jeanie Buss follows randle kuz and Zo on IG but does not followe BI haha.
Magic doesn't follow any of our young players...but he follows Dwight and CP3...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Lol Jeanie Buss follows randle kuz and Zo on IG but does not followe BI haha.
Magic doesn't follow any of our young players...but he follows Dwight and CP3...


LOL! bring kobe back from retirement? Our original big 3 plan!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1606

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=123&v=L4CniUzvWTE

More workout footage for BI, dude's jumper is looking smooth as (bleep)


I'm sure they're helpful but these drills look stupid as hell
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3826

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=123&v=L4CniUzvWTE

More workout footage for BI, dude's jumper is looking smooth as (bleep)


I'm sure they're helpful but these drills look stupid as hell

Well, considering this guy trained Oladipo last summer, I'm sure he knows what he's doing and BI is in good hands.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1398

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.


I’m convinced. Still, ball knowledge should come from everywhere from different facets of what causes success - mentally - in the game. Opponent tendencies and breakdowns. Kobe uses his perspective to drive revenue for himself. As a P&G great, why not stop by and share his viewpoint once we get into the playoffs. Of course there’s a line that should not be crossed as our youth take full ownership of their Showtime.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16367

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.


Ingram should still work with Kobe.


Also, when Kobe teaches, he teaches fundamentals, constant and specific repetitions and footwork. He doesn't teach you to "be Kobe" he teaches you to work on the stuff he worked on all the time.

There was a story not too long ago about someone whom was coming in to see one of Kobe's sessions and he wanted to know essentially the 'secrets' to what Kobe did, and he sat there for hours and watched Kobe get to the same spot and do a move, he saw a lot of repetition and he saw a lot of fundementals and he saw Kobe go at it hard.

But he asked Kobe after, because he referenced why Kobe was working on all that tedious fundamental so much, and Kobe replied to him that is the secret to his game and why he does what he does.

So if your argument is "Ingram doesn't need to work with Kobe cause Kobe would just try to turn him into himself and that's not who he is." Stop it.


Ingram would tremendously benefit from working with Kobe and trying to act like it somehow wouldn't be beneficial to his all around game, therefore it's okay if he doesn't, is not the argument to make.

Kobe worked with Gordon Hayward just fine, and their styles couldn't be further apart. Look that up if you ever get the chance. Kobe doesn't teach you to try to be "Kobe" just like Hakeem didn't try to teach Kobe to be "Hakeem". But instead gave him the tools and knowledge and repetitions to add to his game and work on his post moves and improve his footwork altogether.

The argument "Ingram doesn't need to learn anything from Kobe cause he's not Kobe and Kobe can only teach him to be Kobe" is a terrible one. And an insult to Kobe's basketball knowledge. Don't diminish what Kobe has to offer and teach, to try to make it more okay if Ingram doesn't work with him.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Still pretty annoying that BI is never talked about by the media or the FO. In pelinkas presser today it was all about Lonzo and Kuzma.

Thank god for Mike Trudell

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1010021924355706883

Also BIs burner twitter is wildin

https://twitter.com/hartmykel/status/1010025239089016833


Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16367

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

All good news.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Apr 2016
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
awntawn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.


Ingram should still work with Kobe.


Also, when Kobe teaches, he teaches fundamentals, constant and specific repetitions and footwork. He doesn't teach you to "be Kobe" he teaches you to work on the stuff he worked on all the time.

There was a story not too long ago about someone whom was coming in to see one of Kobe's sessions and he wanted to know essentially the 'secrets' to what Kobe did, and he sat there for hours and watched Kobe get to the same spot and do a move, he saw a lot of repetition and he saw a lot of fundementals and he saw Kobe go at it hard.

But he asked Kobe after, because he referenced why Kobe was working on all that tedious fundamental so much, and Kobe replied to him that is the secret to his game and why he does what he does.

So if your argument is "Ingram doesn't need to work with Kobe cause Kobe would just try to turn him into himself and that's not who he is." Stop it.


Ingram would tremendously benefit from working with Kobe and trying to act like it somehow wouldn't be beneficial to his all around game, therefore it's okay if he doesn't, is not the argument to make.

Kobe worked with Gordon Hayward just fine, and their styles couldn't be further apart. Look that up if you ever get the chance. Kobe doesn't teach you to try to be "Kobe" just like Hakeem didn't try to teach Kobe to be "Hakeem". But instead gave him the tools and knowledge and repetitions to add to his game and work on his post moves and improve his footwork altogether.

The argument "Ingram doesn't need to learn anything from Kobe cause he's not Kobe and Kobe can only teach him to be Kobe" is a terrible one. And an insult to Kobe's basketball knowledge. Don't diminish what Kobe has to offer and teach, to try to make it more okay if Ingram doesn't work with him.

I never said any of that. The point is that just because Kobe is one of the greatest to ever play, doesn't mean he's the best option as a teacher, and as a result, BI isn't being a slacker for choosing to train with professional trainers who specialize in training other players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1731

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
MJST wrote:
awntawn wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXiWSu__QE

Every time someone goes "OMG WHY IS HE STILL NOT WORKING WITH KOBE" they should be redirected to this video.


Ingram should still work with Kobe.


Also, when Kobe teaches, he teaches fundamentals, constant and specific repetitions and footwork. He doesn't teach you to "be Kobe" he teaches you to work on the stuff he worked on all the time.

There was a story not too long ago about someone whom was coming in to see one of Kobe's sessions and he wanted to know essentially the 'secrets' to what Kobe did, and he sat there for hours and watched Kobe get to the same spot and do a move, he saw a lot of repetition and he saw a lot of fundementals and he saw Kobe go at it hard.

But he asked Kobe after, because he referenced why Kobe was working on all that tedious fundamental so much, and Kobe replied to him that is the secret to his game and why he does what he does.

So if your argument is "Ingram doesn't need to work with Kobe cause Kobe would just try to turn him into himself and that's not who he is." Stop it.


Ingram would tremendously benefit from working with Kobe and trying to act like it somehow wouldn't be beneficial to his all around game, therefore it's okay if he doesn't, is not the argument to make.

Kobe worked with Gordon Hayward just fine, and their styles couldn't be further apart. Look that up if you ever get the chance. Kobe doesn't teach you to try to be "Kobe" just like Hakeem didn't try to teach Kobe to be "Hakeem". But instead gave him the tools and knowledge and repetitions to add to his game and work on his post moves and improve his footwork altogether.

The argument "Ingram doesn't need to learn anything from Kobe cause he's not Kobe and Kobe can only teach him to be Kobe" is a terrible one. And an insult to Kobe's basketball knowledge. Don't diminish what Kobe has to offer and teach, to try to make it more okay if Ingram doesn't work with him.

I never said any of that. The point is that just because Kobe is one of the greatest to ever play, doesn't mean he's the best option as a teacher, and as a result, BI isn't being a slacker for choosing to train with professional trainers who specialize in training other players.

You are both right. Nobody is hating on Ingram since we know he's a workhorse and wants to be great, but working with Kobe would accelerate his progress. To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7897

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.


Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.


Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?


he was asked by alex kennedy about BI. he said BI has reached out to him about working out but they havent set anything up yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7435
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.


Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?


I wonder which players he's working with? I don't think it's any of our youngsters.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30054
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.


Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?


I wonder which players he's working with? I don't think it's any of our youngsters.


Luol deng
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5661
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5258

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.


Time stamp?
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31849
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.


Time stamp?


I wouldn't call it gushing. Saying he's better than Jaylen Brown isn't my idea of gushing. Its somewhere in the first 20 minutes. I think around the 10 minute mark.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5661
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.


Time stamp?


I wouldn't call it gushing. Saying he's better than Jaylen Brown isn't my idea of gushing. Its somewhere in the first 20 minutes. I think around the 10 minute mark.


I hear you LS. It's just KOC has had a history of being very high on Ingram. So I took that into account too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerdynasty5.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3838

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
trablos wrote:
To be fair, Kobe said recently in a podcast that he has several workouts lined up with NBA guys, so maybe Brandon is one of them.


Kobe's working out with other NBA players before Lakers?


I wonder which players he's working with? I don't think it's any of our youngsters.


Luol deng


No deng, no deal!
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobe’s Mad at His Teammates; Kobe’s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31849
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
KOC once again gushing over Brandon Ingram on the latest Bill Simmons Podcast. His love for Ingram is kinda much, but it's how many of us feel about him on LG also. He even told Bill Simmons he would take Ingram over Jaylen Brown. Something we all already know.


Time stamp?


I wouldn't call it gushing. Saying he's better than Jaylen Brown isn't my idea of gushing. Its somewhere in the first 20 minutes. I think around the 10 minute mark.


I hear you LS. It's just KOC has had a history of being very high on Ingram. So I took that into account too.


Sorry, wasn't criticizing you if it felt that way. Just annoyed with the national media and want our players to prove them wrong already.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1073, 1074, 1075 ... 1226, 1227, 1228  Next
Page 1074 of 1228
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB