OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1093, 1094, 1095 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Brandon Ingram's ceiling is poor man's Kevin Durant (yeah I said it), which means I expect him to be a top 15 player in the NBA at some point.

Brandon has slightly less explosiveness and quickness compared to Durant but just as smooth

watch these Durant rookie highlights and tell me you don't see a little bit of Ingram

BI is nowhere near the shooter as KD was coming in. I think the BI/KD comps need to die.

I just don't know who is a better comp for him.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.

Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.

Some people have body types genetically predisposed to have more muscle mass. If you ever played any type of sports or have been an athlete at any point in your life, you would actually know this.

Goldenthroat was actually in the Lakers practice facility on TV, so I'll take my bets with him saying he's one of the hardest workers as he is privy to much more first hand knowledge and other people's accounts than you or I.

Wasn’t saying Hart is the hardest working strictly because he’s the biggest. It’s a combination of many things and I acknowledged it was a guess. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.

Many people have said player xyz were hard workers. I choose to not trust those quotes unless I see proof (improvement of skill set, and physical attributes. BI seems to have improved mostly because of more experience playing opposed to offseason work. I believe that because he’s been bad early in both seasons and then had great stretches later in both seasons. Could I be wrong? Of course but it’s a reasonable hypothesis.

Comeon man...that's ridiculous.

Brandon has historically started seasons slow from HS to College to the NBA. It was made a big deal of when he was drafted from Duke.

Last off season the emphasis was on him getting stronger so he could finish better at the cup and literally everyone was given strict guidelines for the shape the FO wanted them in for TC...he followed their direction and he was able to. There's your proof of hard work.

If you want to see what lack of hard work looks like just revisit the Shaq years for him coming in completely out of shape, using the season to get into shape, and then beasting in the POs. Don't you remember how much that pissed Kobe off?

There's your guy who doesn't work hard example.

Literally everyone comments on how hard BI works at his craft...but I guess all those guys are FOS in your world on this topic?

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Brandon responds to LeBron signing on IG

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/07/10/lonzo-lamelo-ball-lose-it-over-brandon-ingrams-lebron-james-ig-post/

Great photoshop work BI

Incredible tbh. I actually thought it was a real photo.

BI has 1000x’s more personality than Kawhi, that’s for sure.

But 1000 x 0 = 0.

🤣🤣🤣

of course

#BannersOverBillboards
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm on the side that says BI is a rich man's BI.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Ingram's not Tayshaun. It's like some of you don't even watch our guys play and just go off of body type only. They don't play alike. Ingram is going to far and away surpass Prince's best season this year.

I think this every time I see him compared to Durant or Giannis. His counting stats are great but he’s yet to have a sustained positive impact on our teams play over the course of the season. He’s got tons of potential but his body type helps him amongst the general public’s and LGs view of his potential far more than it hurts it.

Could that be because he was under 20 and only played 1 year of college ball before only playing 2 years of NBA ball? Or injuries? Or that he did impact us in a big way last season even though you don't want to admit it?

If a 19 year old can do this...
59 games 33.5mpg 16.1ppg 47.0% 5.3 Boards 3.9 Assists

after doing virtually half of that as a rookie...

then it stands to reason the improvement was based upon hard work. We have a kid that's about to be 20 and be a 20ppg scorer and you seriously think that's not because of hard, dedicated work?

Come on man.

#BannersOverBillboards
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

All this BI love is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

soon all will be over on the dark side...
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
Brandon Ingram's ceiling is poor man's Kevin Durant (yeah I said it), which means I expect him to be a top 15 player in the NBA at some point.

Brandon has slightly less explosiveness and quickness compared to Durant but just as smooth

watch these Durant rookie highlights and tell me you don't see a little bit of Ingram

BI is nowhere near the shooter as KD was coming in. I think the BI/KD comps need to die.

When you look at Durants Rookie season he played 34mins/game average 17 shots per game @ 43% with only 28% on 3s

This season Ingram has similar minutes at 33mins/game on only 12 attempts @ 47% and 39% threes

I agree durant is a better shooter but Ingram has that potential. His fluidity in shot when I look at his workout videos this summer look really good.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:
You don’t make the jump BI makes from year 1 to year 2 without putting in the work. Period. You don’t just improve because you’ve played before. See: Ivica Zubac last season.

Putting in the work and being the hardest worker on the team are very different things. I’d like to see him build up his body more before I anoint him with that title. I’d guess Hart is the hardest worker based off of overall improvement both skill wise and physically but that’s just a guess, just like it is when people say that about Ingram.

Some people have body types genetically predisposed to have more muscle mass. If you ever played any type of sports or have been an athlete at any point in your life, you would actually know this.

Goldenthroat was actually in the Lakers practice facility on TV, so I'll take my bets with him saying he's one of the hardest workers as he is privy to much more first hand knowledge and other people's accounts than you or I.

Wasn’t saying Hart is the hardest working strictly because he’s the biggest. It’s a combination of many things and I acknowledged it was a guess. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.

Many people have said player xyz were hard workers. I choose to not trust those quotes unless I see proof (improvement of skill set, and physical attributes. BI seems to have improved mostly because of more experience playing opposed to offseason work. I believe that because he’s been bad early in both seasons and then had great stretches later in both seasons. Could I be wrong? Of course but it’s a reasonable hypothesis.

Brandon has historically started seasons slow from HS to College to the NBA. It was made a big deal of when he was drafted from Duke.

Last off season the emphasis was on him getting stronger so he could finish better at the cup and literally everyone was given strict guidelines for the shape the FO wanted them in for TC...he followed their direction and he was able to. There's your proof of hard work.

If you want to see what lack of hard work looks like just revisit the Shaq years for him coming in completely out of shape, using the season to get into shape, and then beasting in the POs. Don't you remember how much that pissed Kobe off?

Literally everyone comments on how hard BI works at his craft...but I guess all those guys are FOS in your world on this topic?

1) You didn’t disprove my point with anything you said. But it’s your prerogative to feel it’s riduculoys. I believe it’s a pretty fair assumption. Coming into the season considerably better vs getting better during the season is relevant to me. He did improve finishing but it still took him a while to translate to the court.

2) Stop misrepresenting my point. My point is and has always been that he’s not a proven outlier hard worker compared to other NBA players . Never said he doesn’t work hard or is lazy. My quote from yesterday is being taken way out of context. He’s not a proven hard worker was admittedly a poor wording on my part but anybody with a shred of ability to comprehend what they are reading would understand my point in the context of the conversation. The narrative has been established that he puts in more work in the offseason despite a lack of any evidence beyond quotes that are coming from people with an obviously biased opinion of Ingram(Lakers teammates and staff). There’s no reason for those people not to say that. I don’t know his work ethic just like everybody else on here so I assume it’s pretty standard and the fact that he generally improves during opposed to before a season points towards game experience being the biggest factor. That’s a fair and reasonable take whether you can accept it or not. Agree or disagree that’s what we’re all here for and is completely fair but quit misrepresenting my point just because you disagree.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

When you look at Durants Rookie season he played 34mins/game average 17 shots per game @ 43% with only 28% on 3s

This season Ingram has similar minutes at 33mins/game on only 12 attempts @ 47% and 39% threes

I agree durant is a better shooter but Ingram has that potential. His fluidity in shot when I look at his workout videos this summer look really good.

I just think they're different types of players.

I think BI actually can be a more versatile player.

KD is just an elite scorer. I don't think that's BI's archetype.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Ingram's not Tayshaun. It's like some of you don't even watch our guys play and just go off of body type only. They don't play alike. Ingram is going to far and away surpass Prince's best season this year.

I think this every time I see him compared to Durant or Giannis. His counting stats are great but he’s yet to have a sustained positive impact on our teams play over the course of the season. He’s got tons of potential but his body type helps him amongst the general public’s and LGs view of his potential far more than it hurts it.

Could that be because he was under 20 and only played 1 year of college ball before only playing 2 years of NBA ball? Or injuries? Or that he did impact us in a big way last season even though you don't want to admit it?

then it stands to reason the improvement was based upon hard work. We have a kid that's about to be 20 and be a 20ppg scorer and you seriously think that's not because of hard, dedicated work?

Come on man.

We had a 20 year old rookie positively effect the team last year. There are numbers that judge a teams performance with and without a player. They don’t accept that Ingram is a positive impact either.

He didn’t put up those numbers when he was 19.

He won’t average 20 ppg next year. Bookmark this and rub it in my face if he does. I truly hope you have that opportunity but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:

1) You didn’t disprove my point with anything you said. But it’s your prerogative to feel it’s riduculoys. I believe it’s a pretty fair assumption. Coming into the season considerably better vs getting better during the season is relevant to me. He did improve finishing but it still took him a while to translate to the court.

2) Stop misrepresenting my point. My point is and has always been that he’s not a proven outlier hard worker compared to other NBA players . Never said he doesn’t work hard or is lazy. My quote from yesterday is being taken way out of context. He’s not a proven hard worker was admittedly a poor wording on my part but anybody with a shred of ability to comprehend what they are reading would understand my point in the context of the conversation. The narrative has been established that he puts in more work in the offseason despite a lack of any evidence beyond quotes that are coming from people with an obviously biased opinion of Ingram(Lakers teammates and staff). There’s no reason for those people not to say that. I don’t know his work ethic just like everybody else on here so I assume it’s pretty standard and the fact that he generally improves during opposed to before a season points towards game experience being the biggest factor. That’s a fair and reasonable take whether you can accept it or not. Agree or disagree that’s what we’re all here for and is completely fair but quit misrepresenting my point just because you disagree.

Goldenthroat is not a Lakers teammate or staff.

Duke basketball has commented (via their IG) that he was a hard worker when he came back and worked out there as a Laker player.

How would you gauge he's the hardest worker or one of the hardest workers on his team other than people who have access to his workouts? Namely, Lakers teammates and staff. I guess we can call Miss Cleo and see if they are right or not. smh
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

It's pointless, you guys should leave him be. His posts are usually skewed in a certain direction in this particular thread. No amount of reasoning will change that.
kb24GOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

I just think they're different types of players.

I think BI actually can be a more versatile player.

KD is just an elite scorer. I don't think that's BI's archetype.

yeah, KD played much faster as a rookie than ingram. ingram isn't quite KD...he's something else with flashes of KD. a bit more of a thoughtful, methodical player.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Duke basketball has commented (via their IG) that he was a hard worker when he came back and worked out there as a Laker player.

How would you gauge he's the hardest worker or one of the hardest workers on his team other than people who have access to his workouts? Namely, Lakers teammates and staff. I guess we can call Miss Cleo and see if they are right or not. smh

GT is a fantastic basketball mind and I love the content he produces but not a reliable source in this situation IMO. He’s either following BI around(he’s not) or he’s getting his info from Lakers sources such as teammates and staff.

I wouldn’t till later in his career. We don’t have near enough access to gauge that. Which is why I assume he’s average and don’t use it in my analysis. Remember when JC was the hardest working Laker? Well, turns out he wasn’t. He’s generally improved during the year opposed to before which points towards game experience being the main contributor although I’ve stated(multiple times now) that that’s an educated guess and not a conclusion.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

"GT isn't a reliable source".. I think that pretty much say's it all lol.. Leave it alone guys, you can't reason with him.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Come on man.

We had a 20 year old rookie positively effect the team last year. There are numbers that judge a teams performance with and without a player. They don’t accept that Ingram is a positive impact either.

He won’t average 20 ppg next year. Bookmark this and rub it in my face if he does. I truly hope you have that opportunity but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Can't...I've been around the sun too many times to be petty.

Plus...I refuse to pit players on my squad against each other when I can just enjoy my imagination taking flight when I think what they'll be able to achieve together.

Brandon is a baller. Kuz is a baller. Hart is a baller. Zo is a baller. And they get to grow up playing with one of the greatest to ever lace them up...if that doesn't do it for you then I think there are bigger problems in need of your immediate attention. Peace BGH.

#BannersOverBillboards

Last edited by CervantesRises on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
"GT isn't a reliable source".. I think that pretty much say's it all lol.. Leave it alone guys, you can't reason with him.

Why is that unreasonable? He’s admittedly not an insider.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
pokoy wrote:

GT is a fantastic basketball mind and I love the content he produces but not a reliable source in this situation IMO. He’s either following BI around(he’s not) or he’s getting his info from Lakers sources such as teammates and staff.

I wouldn’t till later in his career. We don’t have near enough access to gauge that. Which is why I assume he’s average and don’t use it in my analysis. Remember when JC was the hardest working Laker? Well, turns out he wasn’t. He’s generally improved during the year opposed to before which points towards game experience being the main contributor although I’ve stated(multiple times now) that that’s an educated guess and not a conclusion.

Can't make this stuff up!
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

didn't laker reporters already confirm this?

when I think mike trudell? was asked about the hardest workers, trudell named Ingram and kuzma.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerz32 wrote:
didn't laker reporters already confirm this?

when I think mike trudell? was asked about the hardest workers, trudell named Ingram and kuzma.

That guy will dismiss every single source and analyst as long as it doesn't fit his narrative.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

What are we arguing about? I’m too lazy to flip back and read walls of texts. 😂
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
What are we arguing about? I’m too lazy to flip back and read walls of texts. 😂

One guy dug himself into a hole and now is having a hard time admitting he's wrong. Something he has done multiple times before on this very thread (and pretty much every Ingram related argument he has been in so far).

Nothing to see really, just ignore the wall.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Why is that unreasonable? He’s admittedly not an insider.

Is he admittedly an unreliable source?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Come on man.

Can't...I've been around the sun too many times to be petty.

Plus...I refuse to pit players on my squad against each other when I can just enjoy my imagination taking flight when I think what they'll be able to achieve together.

Brandon is a baller. Kuz is a baller. Hart is a baller. Zo is a baller. And they get to grow up playing with one of the greatest to ever lace them up...if that doesn't do it for you then I think there are bigger problems in need of your immediate attention. Peace BGH.

Never pitted anybody against each other or said I’m not pumped about that. Just more twisting of my words. Peace
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1093, 1094, 1095 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1094 of 1885
Jump to: