OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Tatum rated 87 in 2K, while Ingram and Kuzma are 81 & 80.

Gotta love media hype!! No way Tatum is 6 ratings better than Ingram.

I'm wondering when Kuz, Ingram, and Ball shet on everybody this upcoming season will they actually get credit for being as good as they are. Or will the media say it's because of Bron.. Also wondering if our own posters will say it's because of Bron.

Ha they will probably say it’s all LeBron.
You know how the Laker treatment goes.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzma is considered as the second captain. He's the leader amongst the young guys.

Interesting.

Listening to the podcast with Channing Frye/Richard Jefferson, seems the Lakers (and other players) love Kuz's character and drive too. Seems BI/Lonzo are more reserved.

In the exit interviews, Kuzma addressed him taking a leadership role by saying something along the lines of "Brandon said 10 words all year and Lonzo is 14 years old", which is probably accurate in spirit. I don't know who's gonna be named as a captain aside from LeBron though, I'm just speaking in terms of the dynamic that I saw between all of those guys.

But didn't Luke say that the guys followed BI. When he spoke up guys listened. When the mid-season turn around occurred, it was him.who spoke up and held everyone accountable? I think Kuzma is a bit too much of a joker at times and you can take some of what he says with a grain of salt.

I'd imagine that when Ingram speaks up, people listen, because he almost never speaks up.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

I think this is the quote that Luminous is referring to from January 2018. Not the same as saying that the guys follow him, but, still, some similar language -

Harrison Faigen wrote:
You can see it when you’re around him every day,” [Luke] Walton said. “You see how the guys react to him. … That comes from being a leader. They look at him and they get confidence from him when he’s playing well. When we need a bucket, they call his number out there to get him the ball.”

Lakers News: Luke Walton Sees Brandon Ingram Evolving Into Role As ‘Leader’

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think this is the quote that Luminous is referring to from January 2018. Not the same as saying that the guys follow him, but, still, some similar language -

Harrison Faigen wrote:
You can see it when you’re around him every day,” [Luke] Walton said. “You see how the guys react to him. … That comes from being a leader. They look at him and they get confidence from him when he’s playing well. When we need a bucket, they call his number out there to get him the ball.”

Lakers News: Luke Walton Sees Brandon Ingram Evolving Into Role As ‘Leader’

Yeah, I think it originates from this piece. I remember when Oram was working on this.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Video: Lonzo's 35 assists to Ingram

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/17/17705938/laker-film-room-how-lonzo-ball-brandon-ingram-fit-together
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/9863ok/brandon_ingram_vs_kevin_durant_similar_plays/?st=JKYT26JT&sh=763d097c

Really cool
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/9863ok/brandon_ingram_vs_kevin_durant_similar_plays/?st=JKYT26JT&sh=763d097c

Really cool

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Really cool

Can’t wait to see how much Ingram improves this year.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Yeah as he gets stronger if he can develop a go to move and a nice counter he'd be a REAL problem
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
Yeah as he gets stronger if he can develop a go to move and a nice counter he'd be a REAL problem

And elite defense
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Really cool

Hope BI doesn't become a snake like KD
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

If he is, hope he is a mamba
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Tatum rated 87 in 2K, while Ingram and Kuzma are 81 & 80.

Gotta love media hype!! No way Tatum is 6 ratings better than Ingram.

I'm wondering when Kuz, Ingram, and Ball shet on everybody this upcoming season will they actually get credit for being as good as they are. Or will the media say it's because of Bron.. Also wondering if our own posters will say it's because of Bron.

Well, they did give our boy Lebron a 98 though, deservingly so.

But yeah, 81 for BI but 87 for Tatum is complete and utter (bleep). Chris2k. If you’re reading this... Why they do us like that? No wonder you left! 🤣
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Does BI have the potential to be a future all-team defensive player? He has all the tools to be like his player comp Tayshaun on the def end.

He's got the build somewhat, the length absolutely but he's currently short the focus, anticipation and consistent drive to make a substantial impact on that end.
So I gotta say, because of the attributes he falls short in, its unlikely he ever makes a Defensive team unless he ups the ante exponentially.

Even if he never does, thats fine as long as he's a defensive 'positive' overall
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Does BI have the potential to be a future all-team defensive player? He has all the tools to be like his player comp Tayshaun on the def end.

He's got the build somewhat, the length absolutely but he's currently short the focus, anticipation and consistent drive to make a substantial impact on that end.
So I gotta say, because of the attributes he falls short in, its unlikely he ever makes a Defensive team unless he ups the ante exponentially.

Even if he never does, thats fine as long as he's a defensive 'positive' overall

He needs to give that same effort he gave to Paul George that one game every night.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject:

BI and Prince have nothing in common. That's an even worse comp than Durant. Their games are nothing alike. I don't understand how a similar body type gets morphed into a player comparison.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BI and Prince have nothing in common. That's an even worse comp than Durant. Their games are nothing alike. I don't understand how a similar body type gets morphed into a player comparison.

Thank you. I figure it’s easy for them to compare still photos than actually watch thier games. Prince?! Do you even basketball, bro? Maybe they mean Chapelle’s rendition of Prince... “shoot the j”.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Ingram doesn't really have one comparison on the floor. His body looks like Kevin Durant's, his body movements on the court at times are like Lamar Odom's, his scoring game is like Giannis without insane athleticism. It's really hard to pigeonhole him into a comparison.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Ingram has a unique game to go with his unique frame. We're a long way from knowing what he will be.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Most similar player to Ingram is probably DeRozen though Ingram has more potential IMO.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Most similar player to Ingram is probably DeRozen though Ingram has more potential IMO.

I don't really like that comp either. DD is only an iso scorer. BI moves the ball. I don't think DD could be plugged into a lineup at point guard.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Judah wrote:

Thank you. I figure it’s easy for them to compare still photos than actually watch thier games. Prince?! Do you even basketball, bro? Maybe they mean Chapelle’s rendition of Prince... “shoot the j”.

It's lazy, their games are literally NOTHING alike outside of being skinny
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Maybe compare to Lamar Odom? Tall, skinny, multi position player. Both can handle and hand out assists. Lamar is the better shooter and rebounder, and ability to play against first team PFS. But BI is young and will get better with experience.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Maybe compare to Lamar Odom? Tall, skinny, multi position player. Both can handle and hand out assists. Lamar is the better shooter and rebounder, and ability to play against first team PFS. But BI is young and will get better with experience.

Did you just call LO a better shooter? That was his actual weakness in his game, BI is already ahead of the curve at age 20.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzma is considered as the second captain. He's the leader amongst the young guys.

Interesting.

Listening to the podcast with Channing Frye/Richard Jefferson, seems the Lakers (and other players) love Kuz's character and drive too. Seems BI/Lonzo are more reserved.

In the exit interviews, Kuzma addressed him taking a leadership role by saying something along the lines of "Brandon said 10 words all year and Lonzo is 14 years old", which is probably accurate in spirit. I don't know who's gonna be named as a captain aside from LeBron though, I'm just speaking in terms of the dynamic that I saw between all of those guys.

Yeah. It's easy to see that. BI isn't a vocal guy. Would love to see a BI/KL 1 hour long conversation.

Lonzo is just a kid. Super talented but he was a teenager last year.

More likely LBJ + another "veteran."

If Lonzo is just a kid then what does that make Ingram? They are less that 1 month apart

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1143, 1144, 1145 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1144 of 1885
Jump to: