OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure where the perception comes from of Kuz being the leader. Seems like people in the org usually say it's BI. Then again, a team can have more than one leader.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Maybe compare to Lamar Odom? Tall, skinny, multi position player. Both can handle and hand out assists. Lamar is the better shooter and rebounder, and ability to play against first team PFS. But BI is young and will get better with experience.

Did you just call LO a better shooter? That was his actual weakness in his game, BI is already ahead of the curve at age 20.

LO was a pretty good mid range shooter as I recall, though he could only drive left. And LOnplayed straight up against the best power forwards of the day.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Maybe compare to Lamar Odom? Tall, skinny, multi position player. Both can handle and hand out assists. Lamar is the better shooter and rebounder, and ability to play against first team PFS. But BI is young and will get better with experience.

Did you just call LO a better shooter? That was his actual weakness in his game, BI is already ahead of the curve at age 20.

LO was a pretty good mid range shooter as I recall, though he could only drive left. And LOnplayed straight up against the best power forwards of the day.

Ingram last year reminded me of a young, prime Richard Jefferson on the Nets. Ingram is taller, longer with less hops but their offensive tendencies and perimeter shooting are similar. Ingram of course is younger with more upside.

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Ingram last year reminded me of a young, prime Richard Jefferson on the Nets. Ingram is taller, longer with less hops but their offensive tendencies and perimeter shooting are similar. Ingram of course is younger with more upside.

Man, the resemblance is pretty uncanny.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Best player comp for BI is a young Brandon Ingram, with some additional strength could definitely finish around the basket like Brandon Ingram, also as he adds more strength to his frame will become a solid 40% spot up shooter, With range on the pull up ala Brandon Ingram, but most importantly as he grows and develops he can develop some high post moves using his length against smaller players much like Brandon Ingram, and eventually become a very good off all defender and shot blocker in the mold of Brandon Ingram

Last edited by StillSWOL on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
Best player comp for BI is a young Brandon Ingram, with some additional strength could definitely finish around the basket like Brandon Ingram, also as he adds more strength to his frame will become a solid 40% spot up shooter, With range on the pull up ala Brandon Ingram, but most importantly as he grows and develops he can develop some high post moves using his length again smaller players much like Brandon Ingram, and eventually become a very good off all the fender and shot blocker in the mold of Brandon Ingram

I don't know. That's a reach. I remember watching Brandon Ingram in his rookie and sophomore years, and I think Brandon Ingram is a very different player than Brandon Ingram, except for the body type.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

I think that the Lakers have two players that are on the verge of becoming stars. Perhaps not superstars yet, but valuable players who contribute a lot.

Ingram last year 16ppg/47%/39%/5.3r/4A.
So expecting an incremental improvement:
19ppg/48%/40%/6r/4a is darn close to PG numbers. And Ingram plays both ends of the court also. Younger and cost much less.

Kuzma last year 16ppg/45%/36%/6.3r/2a
Expecting a second year improvement:
18ppg/46%/37%/7r/2a
For a late round draft choice a steal.

Lonzo until he learns to shoot does not show this upside. But if he can duplicate his UCLA shooting he does.

With Lebron the Lakers may be closer than you think.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is just as close to stardom as the other two 10/7/7/2/1

The major issue that everyone has with him was a strength coming into the nba, and one of his perceived issues coming into the nba actually turned out to be a strength. I’m talking about shooting and defense.

The game will slow down for Lonzo in his second year and lebron will help slow the game down for him even more by drawing doubles and setting him up. Idc what the national media says about Lonzo, they are wrong.

Basketball is like magic. There are so many things that go on behind the scenes to pull off a magic trick and those are he things that Lonzo does. Ingram and Kuzma get the praise because they are the ones everyone sees pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

Don’t get me wrong, scoring takes talent too, but scoring alone won’t win you anything (ask mike D’antoni). KD figured that out and that’s why he left the thunder to play with a team that knows how play, that’s also why he called lebrons move to the lakers, “genius”. Lonzo does the little things that make winning possible. Lebron said himself after a game against the lakers last season, “ Luke has them playing the right way”. He was talking about the young lakers.

Lebron also showed up to a summer league game two years in a row. This year was understandable but last season he came to watch Lonzo. Lonzo is his pippen imo. Here’s the thing, stars impact the game and it’s usually by scoring the ball. They manipulate the defense to force doubles and create easy looks for others. Lonzo already does that, he just does it in an unconventional way for today’s nba. He gets us easy basket by controlling the pace, hit ahead passes, defensive rebounding, playing defense. He gets us out in transition. He makes the simple play, the extra pass.

We also have Ingram and Kuzma who are ready to breakout in their own way as well, but don’t get it twisted, Kuzma is a scorer, which is important also, but not as important as what Lonzo is doing. Ingram can orchestrate an offense a little and get some easy buckets too.

Add in rondo...we have everything we need to compete. Just watch the Magic...

Extra passes, drive and kicks, hit aheads, fast breaks points, 5-out with lebron and Ingram slashing, defense...bruh we bout to be playing basketball in its most pure form imo. Add in luke Walton and his team to throw in some half court sets when needed, get them on the same page defensively and scout other teams. Oh boy...we’re gonna be a handful
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Also I think the bench unit is really going to tire some teams out. There will not be much of a break with Rondo in there with Hart, Svi, Kuzma, Beasley, lotta guys who can run and score.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Cuffs is a skills trainer who's worked with LeBron for a long time, with some not so flattering words for Micah Lancaster, who BI's been working out with this summer. I've heard skepticism about Lancaster and all of the props elsewhere too.

"Vic (Oladipo) came back a better player because he got his BODY right with DA down in Miami. Lancaster is a scammer."

https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1031586577045221377

"Yep... that’s a kid wearing a boxing glove on his hand while doing a layup. Scammer Trainers are taking their trickery to new heights"

https://twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend/status/1031548521223204865
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cuffs is a skills trainer who's worked with LeBron for a long time, with some not so flattering words for Micah Lancaster, who BI's been working out with this summer. I've heard skepticism about Lancaster and all of the props elsewhere too.

"Vic (Oladipo) came back a better player because he got his BODY right with DA down in Miami. Lancaster is a scammer."

"Yep... that’s a kid wearing a boxing glove on his hand while doing a layup. Scammer Trainers are taking their trickery to new heights"

Read those a while back.
But his entire timeline is full of jokes (not haha jokes per se). Not sure how much weight you can put on this tweets. He don't like thigh tats or potato salad either.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Read those a while back.
But his entire timeline is full of jokes (not haha jokes per se). Not sure how much weight you can put on this tweets. He don't like thigh tats or potato salad either.

He tweeted those this morning.

And yeah, he's definitely a colorful character. But he's worth listening to on matters of skills training, IMO. Again, he's been one of LeBron's guys for years. I've heard other grumblings about Lancaster's style elsewhere too, but I think there's a contingent that doesn't like anyone who uses a lot of props the way that he does.

I don't have enough of a background in skills training to have much of an opinion on how it should be done either way, but I do think it's noteworthy that LeBron's skills trainer called Ingram's skill trainer a scammer in such a public manner.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:
Read those a while back.

He tweeted those this morning.

And yeah, he's definitely a colorful character. But he's worth listening to on matters of skills training, IMO. Again, he's been one of LeBron's guys for years. I've heard other grumblings about Lancaster's style elsewhere too, but I think there's a contingent that doesn't like anyone who uses a lot of props the way that he does.

I don't have enough of a background in skills training to have much of an opinion on how it should be done either way, but I do think it's noteworthy that LeBron's skills trainer called Ingram's skill trainer a scammer in such a public manner.

Ah, I didnt click the link. I had seen stuff before, like this from June:
Quote:
73-9 and they LIED ‏@CuffsTheLegend Jun 26

Kuzma gonna be ready. Just need to get Brandon Ingram away from those scammer trainers
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Interesting, I didn't know he'd spoken on that before. Good lookin' out, epak.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Interesting, I didn't know he'd spoken on that before. Good lookin' out, epak.

Btw, for anyone with time, do a search on Cuff's twitter for "scammer" and you'll find some hilarious stuff.

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=scammer%20from%3ACuffsTheLegend&src=typd
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

i was hoping BI would train with Hanlen. I guess BI wanted to be closer to home this summer? my boy who is a photographer for Hanlen said that BI had hit him up but hasnt come through
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
i was hoping BI would train with Hanlen. I guess BI wanted to be closer to home this summer? my boy who is a photographer for Hanlen said that BI had hit him up but hasnt come through

There's still time. I suspect you're right that BI wanted to be closer to home for at least part of the summer, which is understandable. He also didn't JUST work with Lancaster, he got some work in at The Skills Factory in ATL as well, although I don't know who his trainer was.

Hanlen works his guys out fairly close to the Lakers' facility, in Westchester, IIRC. Now that BI's back in town it could still happen.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

There's still time. I suspect you're right that BI wanted to be closer to home for at least part of the summer, which is understandable. He also didn't JUST work with Lancaster, he got some work in at The Skills Factory in ATL as well, although I don't know who his trainer was.

Hanlen works his guys out fairly close to the Lakers' facility, in Westchester, IIRC. Now that BI's back in town it could still happen.

yeah seems like lancaster trains a lot of youth. W/ Hanlen BI would be training with Tatum, Embiid, Fultz, etc.

I guess anything is better than that guy Dlo and Melo trains with haha
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

I was sort of hoping BI would just sit on a couch for 6 weeks and just eat and eat and eat.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Personally as a dude who hasn’t run more than a few drills in my life, I’m not skeptical of all of Micah’s drills.. Some are way more creative than others.

And I also wouldn’t chalk up all of Oladipo’s improvement to his body, for one because we don’t know what body he had during the season before - all of the “before pics” from these players come a month after the season where they unwind/indulge and don’t train

The aspect that has me most skeptical is how hard Ingram is going in all of his summer workout vids . Obviously we only get minute clips, but I get the impression that Ingram’s body needs rest pretty often, and he doesn’t rev it up so quick/easily ...he wasn’t even going full bore in the regular season.

I also get the impression that Micah wasn’t close to being Ingram’s main trainer, that was the skill factory.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Any bball trainers know if it's an advantage to do skills training on things that you may not ever use on the court? Or should one just do drills on things they will actually use?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

I just invited Lancaster on my pod, I'd like to hear his perspective on Ingram's work this offseason and the thought process behind his training methods.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Any bball trainers know if it's an advantage to do skills training on things that you may not ever use on the court? Or should one just do drills on things they will actually use?

Not related to b-ball.. but Conor McGregor works with a "movement coach" who really is more a gymnast type guy who helped Conor master even the most subtle movements but doing the weird training stuff in the park. Conor probably has the best movement of a fighter I've ever seen.

Guess my point is that sometimes the most obscure things, like picking up cones while dribbling could come in handy.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Haha ask him why is BI going so slow in all of the drills.

I do think he was trying to teach technique, but there comes a point where you need to go game speed.

any insight on Kuzmas trainer? his twitter is Brotherhood05 (Clint Parks)
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I just invited Lancaster on my pod, I'd like to hear his perspective on Ingram's work this offseason and the thought process behind his training methods.

Hell yeah!!! I hope he's down
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1145 of 1885
Jump to: