OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Wilt wrote:
If he was just slightly more athletic (more speed), he'd be a perfect prospect. But he'll have a great career.

His athleticism is severely underrated by most people because his game is so smooth and his strides are so long. He can get to the rim from the 3 point line in two strides practically, it is amazing.

He is still so young, he has a lot of growing to do. Don't sleep on his 40 inch vertical.

But can he jump 40" with a ball in his hands? I suspect he can, since he was palming on his dunks, but some guys aren't as fast or can't jump as high as they test with a ball in their hands.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Caption this

Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Summer League isn't far away, we will get to see Russell and Ingram on the court at the same time it should be exciting.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Anybody catch what Byron said on ESPN NBA The Jump? I think they discussed the draft. Would be interesting to hear what he said about Ingram and the Lakers lol

He probably asked if Ingram has ever been in a fist fight
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClvJoWXWEAAQNem.jpg

Ingram: Can't believe you went third, dawg.

Brown: I know, right?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Wilt wrote:
If he was just slightly more athletic (more speed), he'd be a perfect prospect. But he'll have a great career.

His athleticism is severely underrated by most people because his game is so smooth and his strides are so long. He can get to the rim from the 3 point line in two strides practically, it is amazing.

He is still so young, he has a lot of growing to do. Don't sleep on his 40 inch vertical.

I haven't been able to find his vertical, where did you get 40 inch?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Summer League isn't far away, we will get to see Russell and Ingram on the court at the same time it should be exciting.

Most exited I've been since the Gasol trade.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Anybody catch what Byron said on ESPN NBA The Jump? I think they discussed the draft. Would be interesting to hear what he said about Ingram and the Lakers lol

Byron is irrelevant now. ESPN needs to let it go.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

isn't there a Brandon Ingram P&M thread? What's that? We just drafted him? Ok... after the first summer league game that he plays in, that's when we'll get one...
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this

Ingram: You and thirty draft picks couldn't get Jimmy Butler? Bruh...

Brown: I know, huh!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I haven't been able to find his vertical, where did you get 40 inch?

The Time Warner crew on Access Lakers said that he has a 40 inch vertical, seems reasonable:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/9/29/9419509/duke-phenom-brandon-ingram-can-damn-near-palm-the-top-of-the-backboard
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Flashy Brandon Ingram a good fit with Lakers

Quote:
Except flashy is the opposite of Ingram’s fundamentally sound play on the court and his lackadaisical demeanor off it. Yet the former Duke forward will now have the Hollywood spotlight brightly shining as he becomes a key part of the storied franchise’s rebuilding process.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2016/06/23/brandon-ingram-lakers-nba-draft-second-pick/86310520/
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
I never really bought in to the whole "BSPN is a biased POS organization" thing, but after their coverage of the draft last night, I've totally shifted my view. What they said about DLO (and even Ingram) was absolutely appalling. Not just the vitriol on the part of Wilbon/Williams, the whole panel was just amazingly uninformed in general.

Absolutely disgraceful journalism IMO.

Totally agreed. When wilbon said LA must trade DLO to Philly for Okafor because Ingram would need the ball to much to co-exist with DLO I nearly lost it. So getting rid of a gifted passer and replacing him with a guy like Oakafor (who needs the ball in his hands) is perfectly logical to him.

And the worst part was all the other guys just nodded in agreement like that was just comment sense. No one pointed out how freaking stupid that idea was.

Yup... Made no sense. Ingram is't that ball dominant especially in an offense that will be build on ball movement. While Philly just drafted a ball dominant player and Wilbon thought it was a good spot for D LO.

How do they even have jobs?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this

Ingram: Man, I thought the commissioner was fugly.

Brown: Well we all hugged him, didn't we?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this
We made it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ingram will have a much easier transition to the league because of the talent that he's playing with. All the pressure is on Simmons to handle the ball and create for others.

Clarkson and Russell will take some pressure off of Ingram from being the guy right away. Some are going to be surprised how great Ingram will be as a rookie.

And/or other stars FAs that the Lakers sign.
Yep. We'll see a lot of catch and shoot shots to ease him in. Having a big that can finish at the rim like Horford or Whiteside will also do wonders for him.

I have to do a little more research on who I would prefer, by right now, I think horford is a better fit with us.
I like Horford and he fits what Luke wants to do offensively, but defensively Whiteside is just on a different level. He's also younger and just entering his prime. I'm fine with either but prefer Whiteside.

i'm a do some research today on who I actually prefer. I really like whiteside too.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Finally a player all of laker nation is behind!!! Some fans hate Randle some hate Dlo but haven't heard one bad thing about Ingram.lm talking about outside these forums
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this

Brandon Ingram: you know I hate you now.

Jaylen Brown: I hate you too. hold on, camera's here. play it off ....

Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram: hahahaha
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Finally a player all of laker nation is behind!!! Some fans hate Randle some hate Dlo but haven't heard one bad thing about Ingram.lm talking about outside these forums

Stay tuned; The season hasn't started yet
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

WOOHOO!!!!!!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ingram will have a much easier transition to the league because of the talent that he's playing with. All the pressure is on Simmons to handle the ball and create for others.

Clarkson and Russell will take some pressure off of Ingram from being the guy right away. Some are going to be surprised how great Ingram will be as a rookie.

Yep. We'll see a lot of catch and shoot shots to ease him in. Having a big that can finish at the rim like Horford or Whiteside will also do wonders for him.

I have to do a little more research on who I would prefer, by right now, I think horford is a better fit with us.
I like Horford and he fits what Luke wants to do offensively, but defensively Whiteside is just on a different level. He's also younger and just entering his prime. I'm fine with either but prefer Whiteside.

i'm a do some research today on who I actually prefer. I really like whiteside too.

Check this game out:

It shows a bit of everything that Horford can do on both ends of the floor. He's absolutely perfect on the offensive end for the Lakers.

With that being said, there's no doubt that Whiteside had the better season last season. He's a shotblocking and rebounding monster. The question is whether he will accept his role on offense in terms of being a screen setter/rim runner/garbage man. On defense, although some criticize his screen roll defense, the fact remains that he posted the best defensive rating last season and was 5th in terms of defensive win shares. He actually finished just outside the top 10 in terms of total win shares. The only defensive player ahead of him was Deandre Jordan (#10). I guess Kawhi may qualify as well, but he still contributed more win shares on the offensive end.

In the end, I'd be extremely happy with either guy. Horford is a great fit on offense, a great locker room presence and won't upset the chemistry of our team. Whiteside is the bigger impact player, but the concern is whether his ego will cause chemistry issues.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Stay tuned; The season hasn't started yet

Just you wait... unti July 8 (Summer League game 1)
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Check this game out:

It shows a bit of everything that Horford can do on both ends of the floor. He's absolutely perfect on the offensive end for the Lakers.

With that being said, there's no doubt that Whiteside had the better season last season. He's a shotblocking and rebounding monster. The question is whether he will accept his role on offense in terms of being a screen setter/rim runner/garbage man. On defense, although some criticize his screen roll defense, the fact remains that he posted the best defensive rating last season and was 5th in terms of defensive win shares. He actually finished just outside the top 10 in terms of total win shares. The only defensive player ahead of him was Deandre Jordan (#10). I guess Kawhi may qualify as well, but he still contributed more win shares on the offensive end.

In the end, I'd be extremely happy with either guy. Horford is a great fit on offense, a great locker room presence and won't upset the chemistry of our team. Whiteside is the bigger impact player, but the concern is whether his ego will cause chemistry issues.

all of what you said about whiteside's mentality is the reason I give horford the edge right now; that and I think horford fits luke's offense better (still have to do research). even though I like whiteside's aggression on the court, I don't know if whiteside will disrupt the teams chemistry in the locker room. no question he is a hell of a defensive, rebounding ball player, rolls and finishes really well, younger, but his attitude would be my concern. if metta could mentor him, and he takes heed, that would be really good for him, but if not, he could be bynum 2.0 in terms of attitude.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Caption this

Two great picks for the Lakers
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

Check this game out:

No comment on Whiteside, but these stats don't really say much of anything. Both defensive rating and defensive win shares are awful.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 13 of 1885
Jump to: