OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Shot 2 times tonight. lmao.

Bruh, that avatar....

I know... I know... but it's how I felt after tonight's game. The offense felt like a carbon copy of Byron-ball, with Lou and Young leading the charge and shot-jacking with zero regard. It was pandemonium and Luke's rotations were complete @ss. It's unwatchable basketball and Luke probably knows it too.

I got it, but still little need for Pepe self-violence. Anyway, good weekend to you.
Kenny69
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

Playing 2k

https://streamable.com/9au9
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject:

wasn't looking to score tonight, even when he had a wide open layup passed it to Huertas.

He needs to be more aggressive offensively, particularly when he's open.

He annoyed me tonight the same way LO did when he;d do the same thing after coming off a big game, but he has plenty of time to grow.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject:

This is what we should expect, some huge games, some weak games. Rookies are inconsistent.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
wasn't looking to score tonight, even when he had a wide open layup passed it to Huertas.

He needs to be more aggressive offensively, particularly when he's open.

He annoyed me tonight the same way LO did when he;d do the same thing after coming off a big game, but he has plenty of time to grow.

He's a kid. It's gonna take him a long time to get to the point where he's comfortable asserting himself offensively.

Brandon was the same way at Duke. Once he gets it going the Lakers have a special player on their hands.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject:

Man, watching Ingram reminds me so much of early in 2K career mode farming the teammate grade for VC. You get (bleep) for scoring, two misses and the cold ring starts flashing. Swing the ball, "Good Pass", half the bar fills up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject:

Right now the Lakers have too many guys who are vying for lead roles on this team. Dlo is operating as the lead 1st unit guy, but other folks trying to fill in that giant Kobe vacuum.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Right now the Lakers have too many guys who are vying for lead roles on this team. Dlo is operating as the lead 1st unit guy, but other folks trying to fill in that giant Kobe vacuum.

YES. I understand why Luke experimented with the DLO/Lou/Young lineup as starters to create shooting in that lineup because there's a big hole with Randle/Mozgov. But that's a lineup that's just going to gun a lot. DLO looked frustrated last night trying to get guys in spots they're supposed to be in.

My only real criticism of Luke right now is that I'd like to see him put the ball in Ingram's hands more, because that's when he's at his best. He started to do that against the Warriors, but I didn't see it a ton last night. Ingram really needs to be one of the players leading the offense in any lineup he's in. Him and DLO should have the ball all the time.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

He would be better off in a lineup with Russell, Clarkson, and Nance. Lou and Young are too trigger happy and Huertas takes up almost the entire possession dribbling.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

YES. I understand why Luke experimented with the DLO/Lou/Young lineup as starters to create shooting in that lineup because there's a big hole with Randle/Mozgov. But that's a lineup that's just going to gun a lot. DLO looked frustrated last night trying to get guys in spots they're supposed to be in.

My only real criticism of Luke right now is that I'd like to see him put the ball in Ingram's hands more, because that's when he's at his best. He started to do that against the Warriors, but I didn't see it a ton last night. Ingram really needs to be one of the players leading the offense in any lineup he's in. Him and DLO should have the ball all the time.

Yeah the ball handling duties should go

1. Russell
2.ingram
3. Clarkson

And at least one should be in the game at all times.

I understand playing Clarkson off the ball while he's playing with Russell and even Ingram to an extent, but he's really good collapsing the defense out of PnR....why aren't we using that more?

We have a long way to go before we're good as a team.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

I know that it's unorthodox but as a coach, would anyone consider throwing the offense out the window when the second unit comes in? Maybe allow a unit of

Clarkson
Lou
Young
Randle
Black

To get out and run. When in the half court just let Clarkson run PnR to break down the defense and open up easy looks for young and Lou. Randle will shine in an uptempo offense where he doesn't have to think very much just focus on rebounding and running.

Start

Russell
Ingram
Deng
Nance
mosgov

We won't have much offense other than Russell at this point but why not spam his scoring ability while Ingram runs the 1 and Run lots of plays with him off ball. With nance and mosgov setting screens he will get open.

If that doesn't work let him operate out of PnR and he should have space to be effective in this lineup.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
So far on offense I think he's been best at pg. I'd like to see experiment with a lineup of

Ingram
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Nance
That's the lineup most of us want to see with Nance or Mozgov at C but for some reason Luke is too attached to Randle. I think that will be our most successful lineup and we'll win a lot of games.

That reason is because Randle is the future
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah the ball handling duties should go

1. Russell
2.ingram
3. Clarkson

And at least one should be in the game at all times.

I understand playing Clarkson off the ball while he's playing with Russell and even Ingram to an extent, but he's really good collapsing the defense out of PnR....why aren't we using that more?

We have a long way to go before we're good as a team.

I think it's only a matter of time before DLo/Ingram are the team's 1-2 punch. We can already see it in flashes. Just let things run its course and it'll happen naturally. The coaches are trying not to put too much on Ingram's shoulders at once. But it appears inevitable that they are the 2 guys the offense will run through in the future.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

He needs to play in the starting lineup asap. Hoping for the end of December/ beginning of January at the latest. Young or Lou should not be starting for this team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
He needs to play in the starting lineup asap. Hoping for the end of December/ beginning of January at the latest. Young or Lou should not be starting for this team.

I think after asg would be perfect.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
So far on offense I think he's been best at pg. I'd like to see experiment with a lineup of

Ingram
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Nance
That's the lineup most of us want to see with Nance or Mozgov at C but for some reason Luke is too attached to Randle. I think that will be our most successful lineup and we'll win a lot of games.

Then we have a sad future ahead of us.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I know that it's unorthodox but as a coach, would anyone consider throwing the offense out the window when the second unit comes in? Maybe allow a unit of

It may be just me, but I believe the second unit is running the offense with more discipline than the first unit. Even more when Calderon is on the floor once Huertas often search for a pick and roll play.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Ingram
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Nance

Then we have a sad future ahead of us.

Don't include me in your whining, I see a very bright future.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brandon X. Ingram
‏@B_Ingram13
Someone send me a link where I can watch #Countdown2Craziness live.

Quote:
Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5
Anybody got a espn insider username n password that I can use?

They are so alike lmao
We should give Ingram a nickname called The Mirror.

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin Durant says it feels like he's looking in the mirror when he looks at Lakers rookie Brandon Ingram

Yeah lets call Ingram THE MIRROR from now on!

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:
Him at the 3, Deng at the 4.

Too much of a logjam at PF to do that now, though I agree that's probably our deadliest forward tandem.

You lose defense by moving Deng to the PF position, at least based on historical stats.

There's a lot of smart Lakers people (including GT and Omar Little) who agree with me that Deng playing PF alongside a big like Moz is a good idea. What he loses in rebounding, he makes up for in spacing.

Right now, our spacing with Moz/Randle is a cluster F.

I was only citing stats from Deng's tenure in Miami.

VLF- what you're saying is true as far as when Deng was younger, but last year, Miami turned their season around when Deng moved to the 4. He's not quick enough to effectively guard 3s the way he used to, whereas he excels as a small ball 4. As he continues to age, the difference in his effectiveness as a 3 vs a 4 will only become larger.

Problem for the Lakers is that with JR and Nance, you've already got two guys that need PT at the 4 to develop.

Best bet IMO would be to play Ingram at the 2 mostly with Swaggy and Deng splitting minutes at the 3.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

yuurin98 wrote:
Quote:
Brandon X. Ingram
‏@B_Ingram13
Someone send me a link where I can watch #Countdown2Craziness live.

Quote:
Kevin Durant
‏@KDTrey5
Anybody got a espn insider username n password that I can use?

They are so alike lmao
We should give Ingram a nickname called The Mirror.

Why is Kevin Durant asking for someone's ESPN insider password? Can't afford the $7 per month KD?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't give those losers $7 a month
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Deng's a far worse defender at the 4, and is at his best defensively at the 3.

So if you are trying to replace him at the 4 for defense you're slamming yourself in the foot.

Deng at the 3 is best for this team for what we need from them unless there's an injury.

Did you watch Deng play in Miami last year ?

After Bosh went out, Deng was much better at the 4 than he was playing the 3 on both ends of the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
MJST wrote:
Deng's a far worse defender at the 4, and is at his best defensively at the 3.

So if you are trying to replace him at the 4 for defense you're slamming yourself in the foot.

Deng at the 3 is best for this team for what we need from them unless there's an injury.

Did you watch Deng play in Miami last year ?

After Bosh went out, Deng was much better at the 4 than he was playing the 3 on both ends of the court.

Agreed. Surprised that this is even controversial.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 152 of 1885
Jump to: