OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
32 wrote:
Define stepping up. Stats don't mean anything if the team loses. If he steps up and is a big contributor to the team winning than that would be stepping up.

So if Ingram had 30/10/7 tonight and we lost by 3 he didn't 'step up' in your opinion?

Okay with this hypothetical I would say yes he definitely stepped up if it's a close game with these stats.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hot take Sunday. Sheesh.

These comments are always funny. People think its hyperbole or just overreacting to a single game, but no. This is his body of work and what he brings to the table. This is legit the last year we can get a decent haul for this dude before every GM and their mom writes him off as a Darius Miles.

Please name me a single thing he is GOOD at. Not decent. I'm talking good or great. Like Lonzo is a GOOD defender and playmaker. Lebron is GREAT at
attacking the basket.

Not coming to LG and taking a dump on every poster in every thread with a clear hater agenda against the team he claims to support?

So because I've stated and explained why this team would be better in the now and future by moving on from Ingram it means I "have a hate agenda against this team"?

Perhaps its just people like you getting too emotionally attached to players. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We all want what is best for this team.

No no...you've done a good job of creating your own reputation independent of anyone else. You think this is the first time on LG a newbie came on and acted like he knew everything?

Perhaps you should give up attempting to predict why someone like me would say what I said to you. My only emotional attachment is to my family...this is a game. LG is a place I come to talk about one of my favorite distractions, Laker Basketball.

Walks like a duck...talks like a duck...it's a duck.

Do you even read before you post? I'm not acting like I know everything at all. I legitimately asked for you and others to point out ONE thing he is a good at. Instead of doing this you just lash out and toss out petty insults.

Your entire tone has been consistently demeaning and condescending.

You have no right calling others here petty.

Good try though... if I were stupid I might actually believe the rationalizing crap that you type
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

BI has been playing great. I have no idea what games you all are watching.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

I expect him to have a good game tonight.. and I never predict him having a good game.

He's a solid player when he's trying to facilitate, and that's what he'll be doing tonight.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I expect him to have a good game tonight.. and I never predict him having a good game.

He's a solid player when he's trying to facilitate, and that's what he'll be doing tonight.

hope so. he needs to pan out.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Same, it's kind of mind boggling when I come in here and see some of the posts people make like he is close to being out of the league or something. I have no doubt he will be a damn good player within a couple years, how good? Nobody knows the answer to this yet, he clearly has the tools and potential of a very high ceiling. I also think he actually has a nice shot, he just has to learn where and when to pick his spots better so they are more high percentage but I think he realizes this and has improved quite a bit recently. Not to mention he is trying to figure out how to play several roles at the same time while developing.

He made huge strides at finishing at the basket from when he first came in to now and will only get better with another off season to try and get a bit stronger like he has every year so far. I get that people want to see him completely mature right now but that's just not going to happen and the vast majority of young players take awhile to develop as well.
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lazlow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hot take Sunday. Sheesh.

These comments are always funny. People think its hyperbole or just overreacting to a single game, but no. This is his body of work and what he brings to the table. This is legit the last year we can get a decent haul for this dude before every GM and their mom writes him off as a Darius Miles.

Please name me a single thing he is GOOD at. Not decent. I'm talking good or great. Like Lonzo is a GOOD defender and playmaker. Lebron is GREAT at
attacking the basket.

Not coming to LG and taking a dump on every poster in every thread with a clear hater agenda against the team he claims to support?

So because I've stated and explained why this team would be better in the now and future by moving on from Ingram it means I "have a hate agenda against this team"?

Perhaps its just people like you getting too emotionally attached to players. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We all want what is best for this team.

No no...you've done a good job of creating your own reputation independent of anyone else. You think this is the first time on LG a newbie came on and acted like he knew everything?

Perhaps you should give up attempting to predict why someone like me would say what I said to you. My only emotional attachment is to my family...this is a game. LG is a place I come to talk about one of my favorite distractions, Laker Basketball.

Walks like a duck...talks like a duck...it's a duck.

Do you even read before you post? I'm not acting like I know everything at all. I legitimately asked for you and others to point out ONE thing he is a good at. Instead of doing this you just lash out and toss out petty insults.

Your entire tone has been consistently demeaning and condescending.

You have no right calling others here petty.

Good try though... if I were stupid I might actually believe the rationalizing crap that you type
Well I actually can. Seeing as the guy that randomly came after me does this exact same schtick and can't discuss things like a rational person. See here. http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=181770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=39000

Regardless, I have done nothing but provide data and explain my stance on this team and the prospects. I have never said I know more than any other fan on here in fact, once again I have asked what Brandon Ingram is good at. Since people in here have said "Ingram is a better all around player than Kuzma" I wanted to know. I got one answer which is good. As Joel Embiid said recently, seems a couple dudes are always caught up in feelings and would rather throw insults out than discuss things.

Anyway enough of that. I expect a big game from Tiny Dog tonight. He seems to usually have good games against his idol Durant and we desperately need it tonight.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

double post

Last edited by hype on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Define stepping up. Stats don't mean anything if the team loses. If he steps up and is a big contributor to the team winning than that would be stepping up.

I agree, but lets cut the kid a break we are missing our two best players and our young pg.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:

Anyway enough of that.

Okay, you asked for enough... let's see if you'll actually hold to your word.

Obviously, nothing wrong with commenting on players who are playing poorly... but let's see if your posts reflect a variety of targets for a change instead of only young Ingram.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Same, it's kind of mind boggling when I come in here and see some of the posts people make like he is close to being out of the league or something. I have no doubt he will be a damn good player within a couple years, how good? Nobody knows the answer to this yet, he clearly has the tools and potential of a very high ceiling. I also think he actually has a nice shot, he just has to learn where and when to pick his spots better so they are more high percentage but I think he realizes this and has improved quite a bit recently. Not to mention he is trying to figure out how to play several roles at the same time while developing.

He made huge strides at finishing at the basket from when he first came in to now and will only get better with another off season to try and get a bit stronger like he has every year so far. I get that people want to see him completely mature right now but that's just not going to happen and the vast majority of young players take awhile to develop as well. On top of all that he is already a very good defender.

I wouldnt say he has been great but better then he is getting any credit for. When Lonzo scores 18 pts people on here are like he is a future all star and what not. So the feeling is people just have their favorites.

Like the game recently when Bi didnt score well but he had 11 assts in the win. I thought it was a good sign he could impact the game without scoring and I came to LG only to find out I was wrong.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, great is a bit strong but he has been very solid and had great moments I guess is the more accurate way to say it.. He deserves some criticism as all the young players do when its valid the thing that gets old is when people over compensate in either direction.. None of our guys are anywhere close to being busts but they also have a ways to go to be considered all stars like you said and when they have a horrible or great game it shouldn't lean drastically in either direction because that's kind of what young players do as they develop.

Ingram is learning several roles while still being pretty young.. Even Kobe fought with that throughout his career when to get in scoring mode more or when and how to get everyone else involved (not saying he's anywhere near Kobe's potential obviously). I hope one day he can hone it all in together and be a solid 20ishpg scorer while being a play making threat and a solid defender but most games he is still only showing pieces of that entire puzzle. I am still hopeful and like seeing that he is clearly trying to find that balance considering how much less iso he is doing lately and more play making which we seen in the 11 assists game you mentioned. It's too bad so many fans have to try and trash another team mate to lift up there "favorite" player. At the end of the day if we want to win they all have to play well.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:
Starting point guard tonight.
I think KCP guards Steph though.
And Svi/Hart takes Klay.
And BI is on KD.

It might be a rough team game tonight

o lord
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I think people who always criticize him have high expectation on him. However, Ingram has already shown a lot of improvements since his rookie season and has shown flashes of being a good player. He is just not consistent. However, which young player is consistent indeed. Simmons was supposed more mature/ready than Ingram. But show no much improvement in fact and is far from an impact player. 1 year earlier, Towns and Russell, both are not mature/consistent either. Ingram has grown significantly in his second year. However, he was asked to play off-ball like Kuzma and is always compared Kuzma. Can you imagine Tatum or Mitchell playing off-ball. Be patient and give him more room to grow
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Same goes for Kuz, right?
Lazlow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Solid half.. kept the turnovers to a minimum. Keep it up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:

Same goes for Kuz, right?

Yes and I also said if the game is closed but they still lose then I would consider that stepping up.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I wish he would take more shots.

Has he even come close to taking 30 shots in a game?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

I don't like that version of Ingram.. I'm glad he's not taking a lot of shots.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Didnt mean to post here, cant delete

Last edited by 24Legend007 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

I don't like that version of Ingram.. I'm glad he's not taking a lot of shots.

I just wish he would take a couple more three's.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

He can't generate that many shots. Especially with Lebron/Lonzo/Rondo out.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

I don't with the way he currently gets his points.
Godzuki
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I swear BI fans in this thread either don't watch games or have zero observational skills. BI has a very low Bball IQ. He tries to take it himself way too much and turns it over or misses his shots. lol @ the stans saying he should take more shots. He's way better off if he thought pass first and never shot. he takes the Lakers out of so many games when he's trying to run the offense its a wonder why Luke keeps trying that. Let alone some Laker fans not seeing how low his bball IQ is.

he has all of the physical traits to be a all star but he's years away at the least. only a idiot coach would keep lettting him run the offense, especially in the crunch, or a coach that is trying to tank. it makes me laugh how so many low IQ's here think the rest of the team is so bad when they're better than a lot of other teams 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. best players. ignorance is bliss. and too bad Luke keeps allowing BI to take the Lakers out of games. just because he gets hot in one game and sucks the next 3 doesn't mean (bleep).
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

just dropping in... Let me guess. people are complaining this underdeveloped 21 year old is not leading a depleted team to a victory against the golden state warriors?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1660 of 1885
Jump to: