OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1715, 1716, 1717 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Ingram was fouled on that last play.... probably wouldn’t have made both free throws but it was still the right play. He had a big man on him and had the step on him. Horford shoves him right before he goes up..

Still glad it happened tho because that rondo shot was an all time great moment in nba history given the circumstances. (Trade deadline drama, old Celtic hitting the shot etc...)

We don’t win that game btw without Ingram’s defense tho. That’s for sure
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
I think all will agree...good things happen when you attack the basket

Mr.81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Rondo saved his ass. That was a drive to the hole destined for failure. He played great D on Kyrie though.

lol at destined for failure you guys are funny, it was the right play. Not only was he fouled but it was a goaltend as well. I like our young guys having the confidence to take the last shot.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

If theres that much debate over one play then I doubt that play could be that bad in one direction lol
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

This thread man

Good D Ingram! Keep improving on picking your spots offensively.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Great game by Ingram. Proud of him on that last play ...... no hesitation, straight to the rack .....and got fouled by Horford.

He's still so young too ...... going to be a great player for us for years to come.

Very good game. Amazing defensive effort. But that last play was a disaster and he got very lucky. You get the ball back to Bron there.

Disagree. LeBron was being face guarded by Morris 94 feet and he had a clean runway with a great matchup (Horford) to take off the dribble. It was the right read and he got a great shot. Horford actually interfered with the basket and should have been called for goal tending.

The basketball gods rewarded us too~!~

He didn’t get a good shot at all and was blocked. It’s not hard to get LeBron the ball in that scenario and Ingram wasn’t making anything yesterday. That was a terrible decision and there’s no legitimate argument otherwise. Why must we always do this dance with Ingram? He played well. Best defender on the court and was integral in the win but that was a blatantly bad decision. Call it what it is and move on.

To be completely honest tho, Lebron didnt make a big enough effort to go get the ball...if we are all being really really honest... He should have been able to get away from Morris, but he didnt. Luke should have come up with a more creative way to get him the ball too.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Rondo saved his ass. That was a drive to the hole destined for failure. He played great D on Kyrie though.

I’m surprised this is so controversial.

So am I. I don't fault him for the attempt because, in theory, he should have been able to take Horford off the dribble. It wasn't a bad shot. Horford just made a great defensive play.

I was more upset at that sequence with us down by one with two min. left. BI shanked his second FT, then launched an ill-advised three-pointer after Lebron got the rebound, and then fouled Kyrie who increased the lead to three.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Great D last night. really buys in ont hat end. There was a play where he messed up on offense, came back and picked kyrie clean only to get called for a foul. he was pissed, you could tell. love it when a player gets mad on offense and gets past it by committing more of himself on defense. scoring will come as he gets older, but the defense, passing/playmaking are already evident. just wish he crashed the boards more (although hard to do when you are locking up guys like kyrie).
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

lol at destined for failure you guys are funny, it was the right play. Not only was he fouled but it was a goaltend as well. I like our young guys having the confidence to take the last shot.

It was a goal tend as Horford went thru the net.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

When Lonzo comes back, can't wait to see him and BI just lock guys down together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Remember, when KL came into the league, he wasn't tasked with being a big scorer or shot creator. He first contributed with insane defense, and year by year, brick by brick they built the KL that we see as a top 10 NBA player.

BI is finally understanding that you can always contribute even if you're not a main scoring option. That will slowly unlock the development that he was supposed be having since year 1. Better late than never.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

He's playing winning basketball recently for one of the first times in his NBA career. He's making the right decision more often than he ever has, and now the next step is the execution. I've never felt like he was more on the right track than I do right now.

He needs to prioritize working on his catch & shoot 3's above all else this offseason. Good to see him beginning to take those open shots alongside LeBron though, even if he's not making them at a high clip yet.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind keeping Ingram if we can surround him and Lebron with more shooting and offensive talent. If he was the 4th option we would be in a good place. His defense has really been good.

The problem is he's surrounded by an inconsistent young players in Lonzo\Kuz and offensively limited centers as well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
He's playing winning basketball recently for one of the first times in his NBA career. He's making the right decision more often than he ever has, and now the next step is the execution. I've never felt like he was more on the right track than I do right now.

He needs to prioritize working on his catch & shoot 3's above all else this offseason. Good to see him beginning to take those open shots alongside LeBron though, even if he's not making them at a high clip yet.

It's crazy in year 3, they (he) are doing things that should been implemented year 1. The KL blueprint should have always been used where everything was broken down and fixed from the ground up.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's crazy in year 3, they (he) are doing things that should been implemented year 1. The KL blueprint should have always been used where everything was broken down and fixed from the ground up.

KL/Tayshaun plus. I think he's young and needs less on his plate. Focus on defense, making good quick reads, move the ball more.
Klutch Sports Group
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Remember when he changed his shot? Did he go back to his college and 1st year in the NBA shot mechanics? Doesn't seem like he stuck with the changes we saw last season. Looks like his Duke shot yesterday
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

It’s year 3 for Ingram. But year 1 for Ingram alongside Bron. With both of them missing time this season. Never understand the rationale when people assumed the way Bron and Ingram played together to start the season would stay the same into the future.
Each time LBJ has moved teams, the ball dominant playermakers take longer to adjust than the catch and shoot guys on the roster.

FWIW I expect Ingram’s value to be even higher in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It’s year 3 for Ingram. But year 1 for Ingram alongside Bron. With both of them missing time this season. Never understand the rationale when people assumed the way Bron and Ingram played together to start the season would stay the same into the future.
Each time LBJ has moved teams, the ball dominant playermakers take longer to adjust than the catch and shoot guys on the roster.

That last point is great either way if he stays/goes.

For our sake we should all be heartily rooting for that.
Klutch Sports Group
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The playoffs will be huge for all of our young guys value. Hopefully they all play well and it will only take 1 to make a trade.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

just shoooting is an encouraging sign for brandon. I also think the FO should be given more credit for drafting guys with a strong mental make up in kuzma, BI, dlo, and randle. i think each of those guys will rise to the occasion in the playoff's - they all have that swag to them. too bad we won't see it happen on our squad w/r/t dlo and randle, but i fully expect Kuz and BI to ball out when we get there.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Even though the Lakers develop their prospects differently than a team like the Spurs, it all tends to work itself out by year 3 or 4 regardless. The Lakers focus on star qualities then shift to secondary skills while the Spurs seem to do the inverse.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Even though the Lakers develop their prospects differently than a team like the Spurs, it all tends to work itself out by year 3 or 4 regardless. The Lakers focus on star qualities then shift to secondary skills while the Spurs seem to do the inverse.

Problem is we then ship them out b/c they aren't "where they're supposed to be" b/c of the failure in-house to develop them.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Agreed completely. The kickout to Kuz for 3 to tie, taking the corner 3 with no hesitation (even though he missed), and not being afraid of the moment with the layup at the end.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Loving Kuzma and Ingram! Even when shooing poorly they aren’t afraid of the big moment. Hopefully this is the win that motives this squad moving forward.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I’m glad Ingram tried to take the last shot. At age 24-31, that final shot will be a dunk and +1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1715, 1716, 1717 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1716 of 1885
Jump to: