OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1801, 1802, 1803 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The question one has to ask if Ingram is finishing at a 68% compared to Simmons finishing at 70%... is do you want someone dishing off to the 29th best three point shooting team?

If you are passing to Redick and Harris... even Jimmy and Joel... it makes sense to look for that open man... if you are finishing at the rim at the same rate as Ben without the floor spreading, is it advantageous to pass to Kuzma shooting at 30%?

I saw a lot of games where Ingram would dish off only to see our shooters brick it.

I truly believe in a team full of shooters, that BI would be happy to pass more.

The game where he got 36... he could have easily got 40... if he was Kuzma's mentality... he would have scored 40 to 50.

Instead he still played within in the flow of the game and didn't try to pad his stats.

Get Ingram shooters and he will finish at over 70% and get more assists.

Josh, Kyle, KCP were all bricking when Ingram was playing.

Can't blame him for trusting himself at that stage of the season.

I believe Kuz does a much better job of playing within the flow of the offense than Ingram. That might be what’s at the core of our disagreement. But I agree, Ingram is a very good finisher at the rim. Best on the team besides LeBron.

Kuzma and Ben are the more fluid, beautiful athletes.

They both look coordinated and graceful... while Ingram looks like a newborn foal.

But Ingram is finishing near Ben's level without shooters and without what in my opinion is his full physical maturity.

How will Ingram look in two years, assuming his blood clot situation resolves itself?

My guess is much closer to the finished products you see in the older Simmons and Kuzma.

Now if Ben develops his shot... then he moves ahead. Even if Kyle regains his three... he might become a more valuable player.

If those two things don't happen... I still think BI comes out ahead in the long run.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The question one has to ask if Ingram is finishing at a 68% compared to Simmons finishing at 70%... is do you want someone dishing off to the 29th best three point shooting team?

If you are passing to Redick and Harris... even Jimmy and Joel... it makes sense to look for that open man... if you are finishing at the rim at the same rate as Ben without the floor spreading, is it advantageous to pass to Kuzma shooting at 30%?

I saw a lot of games where Ingram would dish off only to see our shooters brick it.

I truly believe in a team full of shooters, that BI would be happy to pass more.

The game where he got 36... he could have easily got 40... if he was Kuzma's mentality... he would have scored 40 to 50.

Instead he still played within in the flow of the game and didn't try to pad his stats.

I believe Kuz does a much better job of playing within the flow of the offense than Ingram. That might be what’s at the core of our disagreement. But I agree, Ingram is a very good finisher at the rim. Best on the team besides LeBron.

They both look coordinated and graceful... while Ingram looks like a newborn foal.

But Ingram is finishing near Ben's level without shooters and without what in my opinion is his full physical maturity.

How will Ingram look in two years, assuming his blood clot situation resolves itself?

My guess is much closer to the finished products you see in the older Simmons and Kuzma.

Now if Ben develops his shot... then he moves ahead. Even if Kyle regains his three... he might become a more valuable player.

If those two things don't happen... I still think BI comes out ahead in the long run.

I think Ingram will pass Kuz if he hasn’t already. I just value the ability to fill a role and play with others a lot and Kuz is far better in that aspect. Especially the type of role you need next to Bron.

Simmons is the same draft class and what a year older? Imagine him in two years. I think Ingram would have to show Oladipo type late growth to pass him and expecting that to happen is overly optimistic IMO. And FWIW I think Ingram is pretty coordinated and fluid just very unexplosive.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I think Ingram will pass Kuz if he hasn’t already. I just value the ability to fill a role and play with others a lot and Kuz is far better in that aspect. Especially the type of role you need next to Bron.

Simmons is the same draft class and what a year older? Imagine him in two years. I think Ingram would have to show Oladipo type late growth to pass him and expecting that to happen is overly optimistic IMO. And FWIW I think Ingram is pretty coordinated and fluid just very unexplosive.

Ben went from shooting 46% to 57% of his shots at the rim. The rest are short floaters and hooks within 10 feet. He's almost completely given up shooting beyond 10 feet.

BI on the other hand shoots 34% of his shots at the rim... 53% from midrange and 13% from three.

Giannis shoots around 57% of his shots at the rim, but finishes at a staggering 77%

Ben's trend so far is to give up on any DeRozan, Ingram type game and just go full Giannis.

Can he get to 77-80% finishing? Sure, maybe... he was 74% as a rookie... but he would need to get to Giannis like finishing to beat Ingram.

At least Giannis tries to work on his three... he did terribly this season (26%) but he was 31% last season... so maybe he can improve.

Ben was zero percent from three.

Also Ingram and Ben got about the same amount of FT attempts.

Ingram is about 8% better from the line... so he has the edge over Ben there.

I think it's more likely for Ingram to improve because he's trying more shots from midrange and distance, while Ben so far has showed no aptitude to improve those areas.

He's actually regressed from last season... even at the rim... as teams have learned to force him outside.

BI... meanwhile has improved each of the last three seasons. Granted the first season was terrible... but I think if we follow a learning curve trajectory... Ingram is more likely to improve while Ben has locked himself into a Giannis Jr. curve.

The question will be if he's athletic enough to get to the rim like Giannis or KD? If he can't at least freeze them with some threat of a step back... I'm not sure he can.

I agree with you that Ingram hasn't shown the bounciness or explosiveness that Ben or Giannis has... but neither of those two can shoot like Ingram from midrange.

If Ben or Giannis improves their outside shot then yes Ingram will be left in the dirt... still a good player... but not as good as those two... but as they have shown no concrete signs of doing so... I'm not sure why people believe they will.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Simmons dominate the Nets today while taking no 3’s, and the world doesn’t complain. Ingram hits 1 three a game and LG he needs him to be out there like Klay or Dame just raining down from beyond the arc. Let him be folks. Basketball existed before the Warriors dynasty and it’ll last long after it.

Simmons scored 31 in a playoff win with a +11. Ingram has never scored over 30 in a win. In the 4 games he’s scored over 30 in his career, he’s been a -11, +2, -14, and -8. It’s not all about shooting 3s, it’s about getting your team a win.

Ben Simmons scores 30 in a win over the nets with the help of all star teammates such as Tobias Harris, Jimmy Butler, JJ Redick. Surround BI with all star teammates and he will get you a win guaranteed.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I wasn’t comparing Ingram to Simmons per se. I just wanted to say that shooting threes could be overrated, and it’s not like Ingram doesn’t take them. Just less frequent than other young guys. But I can also see how people can easily take that as me trying to compare Ingram and Simmons. They were 1 & 2 in the same draft. They are both point forwards. They’ve both been compared to Giannis. Etc.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Watching Simmons dominate the Nets today while taking no 3’s, and the world doesn’t complain. Ingram hits 1 three a game and LG he needs him to be out there like Klay or Dame just raining down from beyond the arc. Let him be folks. Basketball existed before the Warriors dynasty and it’ll last long after it.

Simmons scored 31 in a playoff win with a +11. Ingram has never scored over 30 in a win. In the 4 games he’s scored over 30 in his career, he’s been a -11, +2, -14, and -8. It’s not all about shooting 3s, it’s about getting your team a win.

Ben Simmons scores 30 in a win over the nets with the help of all star teammates such as Tobias Harris, Jimmy Butler, JJ Redick. Surround BI with all star teammates and he will get you a win guaranteed.

BIs had 30 point games came alongside this guy named LeBron James. In case you’ve lived under a rock, he’s pretty good. Not only a perennial all star, but been MVP a few times. You should look him up, his highlight reel is pretty cool.

Also, Tobias Harris and Reddick haven’t been to an all star game and the 76ers were without their best player in that game.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

BIs had 30 point games came alongside this guy named LeBron James. In case you’ve lived under a rock, he’s pretty good. Not only a perennial all star, but been MVP a few times. You should look him up, his highlight reel is pretty cool.

Also, Tobias Harris and Reddick haven’t been to an all star game and the 76ers were without their best player in that game.

It's the shooting that would help Ingram and Kuzma succeed.

You could put them next to Joe Ingles and it would help create space.

It was a miracle Ingram managed to improve his TS with McGee instead of Brook... Lonzo and Rondo at point... KCP and Hart both bricking from three. Sure LBJ's gravity helped... but not nearly as much as having four bonafide scoring options like Philly did.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The fact that Tobias hasn't made an allstar game is a shame, he is an all star caliber player, I assumed he had at least one all star game.

Anyways, you're right BI's play does not translate to winning, he can't even win scoring 30 next to the perennial MVP Lebron James. Kuzma on the other hand always gets us wins when he scores 30 he is the best and he is cute!
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Ingram has improved from a horrible shooter to a below average skill player shooter. He has been at his best when not in the lineup with Lebron. Another perimeter threat would help BI tremendously. If BI can get to 75 percent free throw shooting, I think it makes him a 20 point per game threat.

Long term, BI is the Lebron replacement, he has most of the tools, just not the perimeter touch to be a all star level player. If healthy, he has the opportunity to significantly improve.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Ingram has improved from a horrible shooter to a below average skill player shooter. He has been at his best when not in the lineup with Lebron. Another perimeter threat would help BI tremendously. If BI can get to 75 percent free throw shooting, I think it makes him a 20 point per game threat.

Long term, BI is the Lebron replacement, he has most of the tools, just not the perimeter touch to be a all star level player. If healthy, he has the opportunity to significantly improve.

Hi! Welcome to 2019.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The fact that Tobias hasn't made an allstar game is a shame, he is an all star caliber player, I assumed he had at least one all star game.

Anyways, you're right BI's play does not translate to winning, he can't even win scoring 30 next to the perennial MVP Lebron James. Kuzma on the other hand always gets us wins when he scores 30 he is the best and he is cute!

Ahhh the ol’ i was proved wrong so let me misrepresent the others opinion strategy. Well done.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Ahhh the ol’ i was proved wrong so let me misrepresent the others opinion strategy. Well done.

You didn’t prove me wrong buddy. I made a broad statement about Ben Simmons being surrounded by all star teammates, I didn’t mean it literally, apparently Tobias never made an all star team which I wrongly assumed he had so I’ll give you that.

But besides that, what did you prove? That BI can’t contribute to winning? News flash: Basketball is a team sport, you need quality teammates to win games. Even the great Lebron James couldn’t drag this sorry ass team to the playoffs in the west.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You didn’t prove me wrong buddy. I made a broad statement about Ben Simmons being surrounded by all star teammates, I didn’t mean it literally, apparently Tobias never made an all star team which I wrongly assumed he had so I’ll give you that.

But besides that, what did you prove? That BI can’t contribute to winning? News flash: Basketball is a team sport, you need quality teammates to win games. Even the great Lebron James couldn’t drag this sorry ass team to the playoffs in the west.

I proved that Simmons did it without all star teammates. Wasn’t talking about Ingram’s impact. Take the L and come correct next time. Or at least don’t resort to trying to say I said things I didn’t say. It’s a bad look.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Personally I expect Ingram to surpass Simmons assuming he is developed properly.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Gotta give the Ingram detractors kudos for staying consistent no matter what Ingram does lol.. Well, not all.. Most have at least acknowledged their projections were off.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I proved that Simmons did it without all star teammates. Wasn’t talking about Ingram’s impact. Take the L and come correct next time. Or at least don’t resort to trying to say I said things I didn’t say. It’s a bad look.

There is no L here ever for me to take on a message board

Jimmy Butler is an all star teammate. You’re not talking about anything of substance really and you have proven absolutely nothing.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Jimmy Butler is an all star teammate. You’re not talking about anything of substance really and you have proven absolutely nothing.

You claimed Simmons was playing with all stars and that’s why he is winning in his 30+ point efforts. I showed you he’s playing with the same amount as Ingram. You came incorrect and I decided to correct you, substantial or not.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
You claimed Simmons was playing with all stars and that’s why he is winning in his 30+ point efforts. I showed you he’s playing with the same amount as Ingram. You came incorrect and I decided to correct you, substantial or not.

Cmon man. Everyone knows Redick and Harris are allstars. There’s no way Simmons would be able to come close to Ingram’s stat line of 18,5,3 if he was a Laker instead of a Sixer!! How the hell would Simmons match that line if he was the go to guy on a bad team creating for others every possession of every night?!?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

What you really proved is Tobias although play like an all Star, have not been selected in the exclusive 12 members known as All Stars.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Cmon man. Everyone knows Redick and Harris are allstars. There’s no way Simmons would be able to come close to Ingram’s stat line of 18,5,3 if he was a Laker instead of a Sixer!! How the hell would Simmons match that line if he was the go to guy on a bad team creating for others every possession of every night?!?

Being an all star is a measurable accolade. You either are or you aren’t. They aren’t even while playing a majority of their careers in the weaker East. You can argue they are all star caliber players(which I would disagree with) but you can not argue they are all stars. They simply aren’t. You can believe Simmons would or wouldn’t do whatever you want, you’ve already shown reality doesn’t matter in your opinion. So we’ll agree to disagree since you can’t even accept something as straight forward as playing in an all star game or not.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

What you really proved is Tobias although play like an all Star, have not been selected in the exclusive 12 members known as All Stars.

I don’t believe Tobias is an all star caliber player but yes I proved he hasn’t played in an all star game among what I said I proved in my previous post. Simmons won a playoff game with 30+ points alongside only 1 all star. Ingram hasn’t even done that in the regular season. You can disagree with my takes on Ingram but none of that is debatable. They are measurable facts.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Being an all star is a measurable accolade. You either are or you aren’t. They aren’t even while playing a majority of their careers in the weaker East. You can argue they are all star caliber players(which I would disagree with) but you can not argue they are all stars. They simply aren’t. You can believe Simmons would or wouldn’t do whatever you want, you’ve already shown reality doesn’t matter in your opinion. So we’ll agree to disagree since you can’t even accept something as straight forward as playing in an all star game or not.

Sarcasm brother. I agree with you
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

BI was looking like a STAR before the blood clot.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Sarcasm brother. I agree with you

My bad.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

bots of a feather
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1801, 1802, 1803 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1802 of 1885
Jump to: