OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1818, 1819, 1820 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Curious if anyone else is seeing a potential similarity between Siakam's improvement and role with Toronto as a model for Ingram?

Solid defender, more of a complimentary player with upside, poor shooter that improved every year. Became a "most improved" candidate.

Considering Ingram is still 3 years younger and continues to work and improve... I like the comparison. Still inexperienced and needs to be more consistent but his strengths outweigh his weaknesses IMO.

Find it maddening with all the "trade him" discussions.

I would think BI has a higher ceiling as a go-to player.
But that trajectory that Siakim had in improvement is nice in terms of shooting 3s. One might argue that BI is already better than Siakim.

But I'm a fan of Siakim. What I feel Siakim has on BI is mobility and twitch.
I dont know what it is, but BI has a lag to his game compared to Siakim. It's just the way their bodies are different. You can see it on the defensive side where I feel Siakim has BI beat.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Yikes.

Getting this back on topic, I like Brandon’s midrange in a couple situations. At the end of games in crunch time and (hopefully soon) in the playoffs. There are times when just getting a good look at a shot is much more important than anything else. Like yesterday, Curry was so focused on avoiding the midrange that he took four steps to try to get behind the three line and turned it over late in that game.

Where BI had the issues last year was when he was so focused on trying to score that he ended up taking tough, forced midrange shots vs making the right pass to a more open teammate. Once he decided to either attack the rim/draw FTs or pass, then he could pick and choose on those midrange looks and was killing teams. I think Vogel will be fine if he plays that way.

That is a great example of false equivalency. Curry’s approach to the game is part of why he’s so successful. Wanting to get behind the 3 point line for an extra point is the right play, just poor execution.

Yup criticizing Curry for looking for the 3 there is a non-starter. He got so excited to be all alone, his instinct kicked in.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

big hands and long strides...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

BI needs to incorporate giannis euro step like Kobe did dirk’s knee up fade away
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

BI needs to incorporate giannis euro step like Kobe did dirk’s knee up fade away

give him time...the fruit is just starting to ripen
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
governator wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

give him time...the fruit is just starting to ripen

He used the euro step a lot this season, he also likes to shoot the post fade away. He was efficient with both but I think he can take it to another level. I'd like for him to work on his athleticism and strength this off season the most. I'm not worried with his 3pt shooting.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

BI is already pretty elite in using that euro-step. One of his go to moves
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

The euro step was a high usage part of Brandon’s game this year. He added the spin move and a driving fade from about 7 feet that he was killing teams with. His turnaround in the post was looking money as well.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Can we get a BI update? For the love of god. What happened to the guys last year stalking these kids.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Can we get a BI update? For the love of god. What happened to the guys last year stalking these kids.

It was a lot easier with the trainer posting videos and with BI being 100% healthy lol
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I understand the national media being clueless about Ingram, but it still baffles me how some laker fans are still blind to how good this kid really is. He’s special and it’s almost like the lakers have been trying to hide how special he really is with how they use him and the systems he’s been in.

I’m very interested to see how he looks with more space to deal with. Hopefully that’s next season.

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

The less we hear about BI this summer the better chance he’s gonna be a Laker for life. Just needs to recuperate and maintain a healthy diet. The miraculous happens under the radar of pomp and circumstance. Meditation, BI; it helps circulation.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
The less we hear about BI this summer the better chance he’s gonna be a Laker for life. Just needs to recuperate and maintain a healthy diet. The miraculous happens under the radar of pomp and circumstance. Meditation, BI; it helps circulation.

I love that he’s not an attention whore. He just quietly goes about his business. Doesn’t seem like he’s let the lights of LA become a deterrent to him like some guy do.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I understand the national media being clueless about Ingram, but it still baffles me how some laker fans are still blind to how good this kid really is. He’s special and it’s almost like the lakers have been trying to hide how special he really is with how they use him and the systems he’s been in.

I’m very interested to see how he looks with more space to deal with. Hopefully that’s next season.

Agreed, he's got the unicorn measurements, the humility and gym rat attitude (reminds me of someone we're chasing this summer), and the skills and foundation to build upon, and he's freaking 21 years old. I was a friggin loser when I was 21 and this kid is on the cusp of stardom lol
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

I hope he doesn’t start terribly again this year. Last year he couldn’t finish at the rim and was awful to start.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

This year I'd really like to see BI come off the bench behind LBJ, I think he could be amazing in that roll

Whatever happens with BI, the Lakers FO has to be timely in making a call on Ingram, it's a bad sign if we consistently start losing young prospects we aren't willing to commit too for nothing.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
This year I'd really like to see BI come off the bench behind LBJ, I think he could be amazing in that roll

Whatever happens with BI, the Lakers FO has to be timely in making a call on Ingram, it's a bad sign if we consistently start losing young prospects we aren't willing to commit too for nothing.

that's not happening ...he's too important on d
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Guessing he's still on blood thinners, which means no basketball activity.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

BI only goes if we are getting AD. Otherwise I think the Lakers know what they have. At least I hope so
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

The trade value on Ingram is really low now anyway, we should wait and see who we get and how Ingram does in the new season, hopefully with another good free agent.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
The trade value on Ingram is really low now anyway, we should wait and see who we get and how Ingram does in the new season, hopefully with another good free agent.

best move the FO has made
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

There is no reason he can't work on his game and be on blood thinners. Running, lifting weights, getting shots up - he can do all of that on blood thinners.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Is that based on medical protocol?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

You can exercise while on blood thinners.. So getting shots up and cardio work wouldn't be out of the question for him.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

There is no reason he can't work on his game and be on blood thinners. Running, lifting weights, getting shots up - he can do all of that on blood thinners.

Trip, fall, crack his head, bleed to death

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1818, 1819, 1820 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1819 of 1885
Jump to: