OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
His 2 step going to the basket is gonna be unstoppable to stop. that should be his go to move.

First you need a very effective blow by move - but yes, he's really good with his steps,contorting, and ball fakes while gathering in the lane

I recall earlier this season, we were praying that NBA training would improve his athleticism to Greek Freak level so that he can blow by defenders. Strangely, even though he hasn't improve that much in that department, he has been able to drive by rather effectively.

Considering the time frame, I think he has improved a really nice amount in that department. Don't think he'll ever be Greek Freak quick/fast - but people doubted Ingram could play SG before the season, he simply did not look competent in the quicks department , now he does for sure.
(still SG isn't his position but he can guard the position now, and blow by PGs even, when they guard him)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Yong wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
His 2 step going to the basket is gonna be unstoppable to stop. that should be his go to move.

First you need a very effective blow by move - but yes, he's really good with his steps,contorting, and ball fakes while gathering in the lane

I recall earlier this season, we were praying that NBA training would improve his athleticism to Greek Freak level so that he can blow by defenders. Strangely, even though he hasn't improve that much in that department, he has been able to drive by rather effectively.

Considering the time frame, I think he has improved a really nice amount in that department. Don't think he'll ever be Greek Freak quick/fast - but people doubted Ingram could play SG before the season, he simply did not look competent in the quicks department , now he does for sure.
(still SG isn't his position but he can guard the position now, and blow by PGs even, when they guard him)

Playing him at the 2 would be a misuse of his talents, IMO. Young & Clarkson play the 2 in our system, and think of all the screens that they're using. I'd love to see Ingram improve at that, but that's not his game.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Yong wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Playing him at the 2 would be a misuse of his talents, IMO. Young & Clarkson play the 2 in our system, and think of all the screens that they're using. I'd love to see Ingram improve at that, but that's not his game.

yea, na, I'm not suggesting playing him there really. I was just using his matchups there as a barometer of his athleticism.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

He needs to get consistent with his FT shooting. Looked a bit lost out there on defense tonight although he did recover and contest a few shots. Was trying to be aggressive when he had the ball, which wasn't very often because the backcourt he was out there with was just slinging away.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Ingram needs to get bigger. He's not quicker than guards and he couldn't even do much at Duke until he moved to PF.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I want to see him start. I don't think he gets going very well when he shares time with Lou and JC in the 2nd unit.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

One of his worst games in awhile. Missing shots, missing FTs and probably the worst defense I can remember him playing.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

He had issue with Stanley Johnson's motor and physicality on D. I was expecting this.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
He had issue with Stanley Johnson's motor and physicality on D. I was expecting this.

This

Not just Ingram, but a few other players also had issues with Detroit physicality. It is tough to ask boys to man up, it is going to take some time before they are ready.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

This

Not just Ingram, but a few other players also had issues with Detroit physicality. It is tough to ask boys to man up, it is going to take some time before they are ready.

The entire frontline, including Randle. Mozzy looked comfortable.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

This

The entire frontline, including Randle. Mozzy looked comfortable.

Randle could take it because he is strong, but couldn't do anything against it and could barely avoid a couple of turnovers with some ugly and desperate passes to the first player he found. That was not easy on Julius too because he lacks the counter moves to play against players that he can't just bully or outrun. Dlo was able to handle it better because despite nobody talking about it he bullies most guards when he chooses to play from the midrange to the post area. Dlo is strong for a PG, he could use it more because few PG can handle it, but our system don't ask for some of the strong points of our guards be it him, Lou or JC.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

So I hear Ingram is flying to the moon. Here are the reporters grilling him about it:
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

He's an automatic make one miss one at the line. That's all mental.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

GIVE US HOPE SKINNY BOY
driver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
He's an automatic make one miss one at the line. That's all mental.

I never see him short it. He should just stand at the end like NVE. Hell Nick shot nearly 80% like that.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I was becoming morose over Ingram.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Strong game from Ingram. He's slowly becoming one of our better players. He has made HUGE strides since the start of the season. I think he'll be the best player on the team as soon as next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Good come back game tonight. That defensive awareness can't be taught, he reads the floor well.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

2chainz approved of his breakaway 1handed dunk.. that's all I needed to see
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

We need him to really finish the season strong to give us optimism, he's slowing finding his niche.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject:

This month he is playing well for a 19 years old skinny boy.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good come back game tonight. That defensive awareness can't be taught, he reads the floor well.
Defensive awareness is great, but boy he gets demolished on ISO / post up defense. I'm scared to even look at his stats, lol. That's expected for a skinny 19 y/o of course. Can't wait to see how good of a defender he is in 3 years or so.

P.S. Gallinari might be one of the only players all season who wasn't bothered by Ingram's wingspan on a contest. I was impressed.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Defensive awareness is great, but boy he gets demolished on ISO / post up defense. I'm scared to even look at his stats, lol. That's expected for a skinny 19 y/o of course. Can't wait to see how good of a defender he is in 3 years or so.

P.S. Gallinari might be one of the only players all season who wasn't bothered by Ingram's wingspan on a contest. I was impressed.

Ya he had some nice shots over him, he's 6'10 and long. But Ingram disrupted him nicely once, and it was impressive because he flew by, and then reached his arm back and disrupted his shot
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject:

^^ Gallinar is 6'10" with a 7'1" wingspan (2" or so shorter than Ingram's). He's huge for a SF.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject:

Would love for Ingram to emulate Gallianri offensively.
Face up game, pick and pop, long strides when slashing. All stuff Ingram can find success with in the future.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 293, 294, 295 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 294 of 1885
Jump to: