OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Re: Spurs... I'm not talking about Franchise Culture. I'm talking about developing a home grown player. I'm sure Leonard, or anyone else, does work on their own too. We just know more about the Lakers and their players than we do about other teams' players. Point is, the Lakers have done fine in developing players. In fact, it seems to be a strong suit. The problems we have seem to be with everything else.

It has something to do with the culture because they have a system in place. I doesn't matter if they pick someone in DLeague, in free agency or if they draft the player, but everybody seems to buy the system and for young players it may be easier to develop trusting the process. We still have to build such environment, something Luke may start to do.

That isn't true, they have had numerous young players who never developed into rotation players.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Re: Spurs... I'm not talking about Franchise Culture. I'm talking about developing a home grown player. I'm sure Leonard, or anyone else, does work on their own too. We just know more about the Lakers and their players than we do about other teams' players. Point is, the Lakers have done fine in developing players. In fact, it seems to be a strong suit. The problems we have seem to be with everything else.

It has something to do with the culture because they have a system in place. I doesn't matter if they pick someone in DLeague, in free agency or if they draft the player, but everybody seems to buy the system and for young players it may be easier to develop trusting the process. We still have to build such environment, something Luke may start to do.

That isn't true, they have had numerous young players who never developed into rotation players.

Sure, you need talent
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Did a phenomenal job of attacking closeouts today. Most teams don't closeout as hard to him as the Spurs did, and he took advantage. Also thought he defended Leonard pretty well, who hit 4-5 shots over good contests. Not much you can do about that.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I agree. Also not everyone they plug in into that system enjoys the same success, a good example was Richard Jefferson he was a major signing they wished never happened as soon as they signed him. Stephen Jackson's second stint with them didnt turn out well either

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
12 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
He's focusing too much on scoring now, I liked it better when he was having all around games

Aww crap... one of those guys.

Low key agree. 22 points... he just hit shots that he's been missing all year which is a fantastic sign, but also not his best game considering that he scored well in a blowout. How often has he hit his shots when it's a closer game? Or... how often has he hit shots period?

I'd take one of his 14/5/4/2 type of games over this. What makes him special is that he can potentially do it all.

I hope this gives him confidence going forward.

I thought that he showed something this game, if you look at the highlights, he had a couple of spot up opportunities, which he made, but a lot of his points were off the dribble and using his physicality to get easier shots. If he becomes a scorer this is going to be a prototypical type of game for him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

With all due respect, you guys are too married to the box score. There are times where a guy can have a 6 assist game but was too selfish, and other times where he has 0 assists and made the right play every time. Ingram was attacking closeouts and taking shots that he needed to take. I can only think of one play in this game where I thought he missed a passing read.

I would've liked to see more rebounds, but the assists don't bother me. He was making the right play.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Did a phenomenal job of attacking closeouts today. Most teams don't closeout as hard to him as the Spurs did, and he took advantage. Also thought he defended Leonard pretty well, who hit 4-5 shots over good contests. Not much you can do about that.

Gracias
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Brandon channeling his inner Nowitzki on this one legged step back. Think he had a couple of those this game, its not a polished move yet, but its good to see

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I loved what I saw from the young fella today
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Brandon channeling his inner Nowitzki on this one legged step back. Think he had a couple of those this game, its not a polished move yet, but its good to see

Thanks for the highlights. Encouraging to see how aggressive he was today. I would say his most effective attack game all year.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Glad they didnt trade him for Boogie. Can you imagine the Boogie temper tantrums during a rebuild?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Glad they didnt trade him for Boogie. Can you imagine the Boogie temper tantrums during a rebuild?

All great players would throw a tantrum during a complete rebuild, even Kobe did.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

Can you imagine what Boogie would do to him if they were on the same team?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I hope Ingram averages around 15 shots a game for the rest of the year.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

low key it's the best offensive comp of Brandon to a generational offensive player

maybe Kobe will point him to Dirk's way over summer
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

If Kawhi didn't shoot it like a generational shot maker today, Ingram would have looked like an absolute defensive stopper/stud. Lots of great contest today
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
If Kawhi didn't shoot it like a generational shot maker today, Ingram would have looked like an absolute defensive stopper/stud. Lots of great contest today

I thought he lagged behind too much while chasing him Kawhi on screens, giving him too much space. Part of it was Leonard setting him up- just a learning experience as a rook. Offensively there was a lot to be encouraged by- shows what he can be consistently once he fixes that jumper.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I thought he lagged behind too much while chasing him Kawhi on screens, giving him too much space. Part of it was Leonard setting him up- just a learning experience as a rook. Offensively there was a lot to be encouraged by- shows what he can be consistently once he fixes that jumper.

I can see that, that's his pace of play - and he doesn't wanna get hammered by screens. But I didn't think it was egregious today - he recovered and contested the shot reallly well with his length 80% of the time tonight, imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I've been disappointed in his defensive effort and lagging around to shooters/his man, in previous games, most games. But tonight I personally saw him turn it up.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

If 76ers shut down Embiid for the rest of the season, is he still eligible for ROY? Just thinking if Embiid is out, and Ingram continue playing like this, he might still be able to get that ROY.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
If 76ers shut down Embiid for the rest of the season, is he still eligible for ROY?

yes

I'd like to see Ingram train with Drew Hanlen in the offseason. That guy knows what he's doing.
MorrissYe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

Is it just me or is anyone else underwhelmed with his athleticism? He's no Drew Gooden mind you, but compared to guys with a similar frame like KD and PG, his first step and mid-air control are a bit lagging.

He's such a smooth operator though and he already knows how to use his length. I don't want to jump the shark yet and say he'll be a generational talent, but I think he can be one of the best two way wings in the league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
If 76ers shut down Embiid for the rest of the season, is he still eligible for ROY?

yes

I'd like to see Ingram train with Drew Hanlen in the offseason. That guy knows what he's doing.

Long as Ingram doesn't compromise his defense the way Clarkson did.

And to be honest, I'd love to hear about Ingram working with Tim Grover.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
He's focusing too much on scoring now, I liked it better when he was having all around games

Right now he just needs to take whatever the defense gives him, it's about getting him more confident and getting him used to the NBA. If he can have a great defensive game without offense, or a game where he's getting boards and assists but his shot isn't falling then that's fine too. He's learning how to make an impact on the game.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

Can you train explosive first step?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 353 of 1885
Jump to: