OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Can you train explosive first step?

You can improve the stance that is going to improve the ballance and give you a foundation to make better use of your athleticism and there is also some potency training that improves it, but how much it improves depends on the muscular composition, I mean what kind of fibers are predominant in a given player.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
governator wrote:

You can improve the stance that is going to improve the ballance and give you a foundation to make better use of your athleticism and there is also some potency training that improves it, but how much it improves depends on the muscular composition, I mean what kind of fibers are predominant in a given player.

He's had instances that he looks quicker than a smaller defender but easily bumped and slowed. I'm hoping with weight gain that his 'hidden' explosiveness will come thru
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

yes. Studies say the first 10 feet burst is the most improvable with strength training.
I posted that study like 3 weeks ago
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
governator wrote:

This and learning how to attack out of the triple-threat position properly (i.e. attacking the defender's front foot consistently). With those long strides of his, he can become a major problem down there with the right work. A little strength to help him finish through contact will go a long way. We saw glimpses against S.A., finishing through contact, attacking out of the triple-threat and closeouts. Quite encouraging...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
governator wrote:

yes. Studies say the first 10 feet burst is the most improvable with strength training.
I posted that study like 3 weeks ago

Thanks, I'll look for it
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

mporter wrote:
nash wrote:
governator wrote:

This and learning how to attack out of the triple-threat position properly (i.e. attacking the defender's front foot consistently). With those long strides of his, he can become a major problem down there with the right work. A little strength to help him finish through contact will go a long way. We saw glimpses against S.A., finishing through contact, attacking out of the triple-threat and closeouts. Quite encouraging...

Sure

If Kobe really reached to him there is not a better teacher. Footwork, triple-threat position, assassin mindset ... pay attention and the master can teach you one or two things
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Ingram has a good first step off the swing through in the triple threat. I think what will become most explosive, is his leaping off of one foot, and I really like seeing it develop. Grassfed had Russell doing this after one off-season of work.

I can only imagine what he could do for Ingram.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Ingram is way more athletic than most people give him credit for. I mean not too many 6'10" players have 40"+ vertical leaping ability.

Once he puts on some weight he will be able to use those hops more effectively in the NBA.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Didn't see the weird twisting double clutch shots in the lane. That was a good improvement. Went strong and straight up.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Ingram is way more athletic than most people give him credit for. I mean not too many 6'10" players have 40"+ vertical leaping ability.

Once he puts on some weight he will be able to use those hops more effectively in the NBA.

That's what i think too, he's easily bumped. I do wanna see him leaping higher than his man more often during his drives/shots/boards
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

That's what i think too, he's easily bumped. I do wanna see him leaping higher than his man more often during his drives/shots/boards

That dunk against OKC can give you a preview. That was sic!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

That dunk by him yesterday was amazing, and really showed off his insane vertical reach...The ball was at least at the middle of the backboard and almost a foot above the nearest defenders hands.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Didn't see the weird twisting double clutch shots in the lane. That was a good improvement. Went strong and straight up.

yeah, I don't care about getting too technical about steps and all that....the kid took it into the paint, took the contact and still finished the shot. That is a huge step for him becoming a 20 plus point scorer in the league. We have all seen him all season, take contact and crumble....its about learning how to take a brush of contact without taking the full weight and velocity of the other player....in one game, he went from being terrible at it to looking like a vet doing it. I heard speculation this was something Magic was tutoring him on 10 minutes here and there recently.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
That dunk by him yesterday was amazing, and really showed off his insane vertical reach...The ball was at least at the middle of the backboard and almost a foot above the nearest defenders hands.

He is shockingly long.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

He is shockingly long.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

He's been really good at attacking closeouts, like he did yesterday. The problem is that most of the league doesn't close out to him the way that the Spurs (who really prioritize chasing guys off of the 3pt line) did yesterday.

Getting his jumper squared away over the summer is gonna open up a whole new world for him. If teams have to respect him as a catch & shoot guy, he's gonna have a lot more of the types of opportunities that he had yesterday.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Man, if only we can have Kobe again at 19 growing and developing with Brandon because I think Brandon has a shot to be a longer version of Scottie Pippen. Scottie's athleticism was not off the charts, and his handles was not flashy, he simply took care of the ball. Ingram doesn't have to be Durant. If he takes care of the ball, be disruptive on the defensive end, and puts in just 20 a night, he's going to be nice.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Can Ingram play pf next season? He'd score much more easily but might struggle on defense. I'm suggesting this in case we're able to sign Hayward to play sf.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Can Ingram play pf next season? He'd score much more easily but might struggle on defense. I'm suggesting this in case we're able to sign Hayward to play sf.

Forget that. The Lakers aren't looking at Hayward and Ingram is way, way too slight to play at the 4.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram career high 22 points, showing his entire repertoire, enjoy

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Brandon channeling his inner Nowitzki on this one legged step back. Think he had a couple of those this game, its not a polished move yet, but its good to see

low key it's the best offensive comp of Brandon to a generational offensive player

maybe Kobe will point him to Dirk's way over summer

Imagine Ingram trying to do just half of Bryant's moves.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Can you turn Derek Fisher into an explosive dunker in the halfcourt?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Seeing Philly already announce Simmons will not play Summer League this year made me think of Ingram.....will the Lakers have him in Vegas this summer? I am thinking they will not send him since he has played heavy minutes all year....or if they do, it would be for a single game. Has there been any indication?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Seeing Philly already announce Simmons will not play Summer League this year made me think of Ingram.....will the Lakers have him in Vegas this summer? I am thinking they will not send him since he has played heavy minutes all year....or if they do, it would be for a single game. Has there been any indication?

New front office, so it's unknown. If Mitch was still in charge, Ingram would play in the SL like Russell did this past summer. I'd play him in 2-3 SL contests just to 1) let him work on his game and 2) bring some "vet" leadership for Zu and the draft picks.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
He's been really good at attacking closeouts, like he did yesterday. The problem is that most of the league doesn't close out to him the way that the Spurs (who really prioritize chasing guys off of the 3pt line) did yesterday.

Getting his jumper squared away over the summer is gonna open up a whole new world for him. If teams have to respect him as a catch & shoot guy, he's gonna have a lot more of the types of opportunities that he had yesterday.

Hey GT, have you noticed some of Ingram's turn around and off-balanced jumpers he releases the ball very late (close to landing is foot on the ground)? He makes these shots, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or beneficial that he does this. Maybe it's an advance offensive skill that I'm not aware of, or maybe he's just trying to learn the NBA game and sometimes gets thrown into those positions.

Of course, anyone else can answer this as well...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 354 of 1885
Jump to: