Official Johnathan Williams thread. Signed to the summer league team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Official Johnathan Williams thread. Signed to the summer league team.

As a GU guy I can say as a lock down defender hes one of the best GU has ever produced and he could guard 1-5 with his athleticism. But he really has no offensive touch.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jun/22/former-gonzaga-forward-johnathan-williams-signs-nb/%3famp-content=amp

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

solid summer league pickup to take a look at...6'9" versatile defender...enough said for me. I do not know a whole lot about the guy, but do remember that he had a decent game against us (WVU) in the 2017 NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 game.....if he I recall he even hit 1 or a couple 3 pointers in that game.....he was a transfer that season from Mizzou.
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

@GonzagaAlum....was looking at his numbers, and while he never shot a material amount of 3's (although one season @ Missouri, he shot 2 per game), his %'s were all pretty high until his Senior season. Can't say I watched enough Gonzaga this season to even guess, but do you know of a reason that may have caused the decline? Maybe just a product of low volume since that is like only 40 attempts per season?

3P% & 3's attempted per game...
13/14 - 36% - 0.3
14/15 - 34% - 2.0
16/17 - 40% - 1.0
17/18 - 23% - 0.9
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
@GonzagaAlum....was looking at his numbers, and while he never shot a material amount of 3's (although one season @ Missouri, he shot 2 per game), his %'s were all pretty high until his Senior season. Can't say I watched enough Gonzaga this season to even guess, but do you know of a reason that may have caused the decline? Maybe just a product of low volume since that is like only 40 attempts per season?

3P% & 3's attempted per game...
13/14 - 36% - 0.3
14/15 - 34% - 2.0
16/17 - 40% - 1.0
17/18 - 23% - 0.9

Yeah Jonathan Williams sort of played a Randle 5 role this year on the Zags.

The previous two years he was on the perimeter more. GU had two elite college bigs in Zach Collins and Shem and the year before was Sabonis and Shem. Shem destroyed Okafor in college and most bigs and honestly he would have been a top 15 pick 20 years ago in the league. All a long way to say, Williams was in the box most of the season, unlike previous ones.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: