OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone see similarities between Zubac and Rik Smits? Both are kind of slow and both have a good midrange and post game.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
Does anyone see similarities between Zubac and Rik Smits? Both are kind of slow and both have a good midrange and post game.

It is tough to say because Zubac is just 19, he clearly has a lot to develop in terms of conditioning so I'd say at this point yes, but we really don't know after a couple of seasons under a NBA program what kind of physical tools we can expect from Zubac in his prime.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

looks like we are starting to do what fans were doing with okafor for far too long... zubac is 20 now, guys. and STILL really young.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject:

I see a bit of hakeem olajuwon mixed with moses malone and some prime wilt chamberlain in zubac
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:
damnit. Not gonna lie. Wish we could find an athletic mobile big that can anchor the defense. We think Zuback is a steal in the second round? Imagine if we could somehow find steal like Gobert, that would change the outlook of the franchise completely. How the hell can a guy like that fall to #27 in the draft? As a draft prospect, he was 7'2, 7'9 wingspan, 9'7 standing reach, 4% body fat.

No way would a prospect like that fall so far now, since mobile rim protectors are recognized as the gold standard for the center position. I still like Zubac though. He's not the prototypical defensive 5, but I could definitely see him as the prototypical offensive 5 if he can legitimately knock down threes. He's an absolute gem offensively if he can be a three point threat. That would separate him from guys like Kanter.

A center that can rebound, protect the rim, and do everything offensively (screens, pick and roll scoring, three point threat, decent passing, high IQ)? Modern enough for me.

How about Jonathan Jeanne with #28 this year and just lock him in the weight room for a year. 7'2" with a 7'5" wingspan, moves like a SF and blocked almost 4 shots a game this season. Skinny, but still only 19 years old.

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

Would rather get Tony Bradley. Duncan-like athleticism, 7'5" WS, great post base, 19% ORPG%, 19% DRPG%, solid shot form and should only get better.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tony-Bradley-81973/

I just think Brandon Ingram can push Jonathan Jeanne around.

Then again, this is why I like Anigbogu so much. To me, he's the shorter, better lateral version of DeAndre Jordan anyway. The difference? DJ stayed in college all 4 years, then another 3 years in the NBA before he woke up. Anigbogu is just a freshman, and a very young one at that.

Bradley, interesting. How is he laterally on PnR defense/space?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:
damnit. Not gonna lie. Wish we could find an athletic mobile big that can anchor the defense. We think Zuback is a steal in the second round? Imagine if we could somehow find steal like Gobert, that would change the outlook of the franchise completely. How the hell can a guy like that fall to #27 in the draft? As a draft prospect, he was 7'2, 7'9 wingspan, 9'7 standing reach, 4% body fat.

No way would a prospect like that fall so far now, since mobile rim protectors are recognized as the gold standard for the center position. I still like Zubac though. He's not the prototypical defensive 5, but I could definitely see him as the prototypical offensive 5 if he can legitimately knock down threes. He's an absolute gem offensively if he can be a three point threat. That would separate him from guys like Kanter.

A center that can rebound, protect the rim, and do everything offensively (screens, pick and roll scoring, three point threat, decent passing, high IQ)? Modern enough for me.

How about Jonathan Jeanne with #28 this year and just lock him in the weight room for a year. 7'2" with a 7'5" wingspan, moves like a SF and blocked almost 4 shots a game this season. Skinny, but still only 19 years old.

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

Would rather get Tony Bradley. Duncan-like athleticism, 7'5" WS, great post base, 19% ORPG%, 19% DRPG%, solid shot form and should only get better.

Then again, this is why I like Anigbogu so much. To me, he's the shorter, better lateral version of DeAndre Jordan anyway. The difference? DJ stayed in college all 4 years, then another 3 years in the NBA before he woke up. Anigbogu is just a freshman, and a very young one at that.

DJ only played on year of college. I remember he was in some lottery in some mock draft and fell off to Clippers lap in the 2nd round. I like Ike as well and hopefully he can fall to our lap as well.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

All of these guys are interesting prospects. The most intriguing to me though is the 7'2 guy the 7'7 wingspan. He also seems to have the best feet by far of the group, which should be expected at his 210 lbs, stick-man frame. He needs to gain at least 25 pounds of muscle to bang in the NBA though. I don't know how realistic that is. But that length combined with that mobility is the sort of thing that just jumps off the screen, it's very reminiscent of Gobert as a prospect. Gobert had close to 30 pounds on him, and obviously that's huge. But this guy has more mobility. If he could gain weight, even with reduced mobility from the weight gain, he'd still have Gobert-like mobility, combined with Gobert level freakish length. I don't know how to project a young player's weight gain potential, but if this guy could realistically gain 25 pounds, I want him! He has enough mobility to play PF as well if he can't gain enough weight, and could be a nice stretch 4 prospect if he can develop 3 point range.

Hell, draft one of them at #28 and another at #33. Your chances of at least one of them panning out long-term are pretty decent. You can then reach some sort of buyout agreement with Mozgov. He will realize that he won't get any PT here, and that he could still get a decent contract offer from some other team.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

All of these guys are interesting prospects. The most intriguing to me though is the 7'2 guy the 7'7 wingspan. He also seems to have the best feet by far of the group, which should be expected at his 210 lbs, stick-man frame. He needs to gain at least 25 pounds of muscle to bang in the NBA though. I don't know how realistic that is. But that length combined with that mobility is the sort of thing that just jumps off the screen, it's very reminiscent of Gobert as a prospect. Gobert had close to 30 pounds on him, and obviously that's huge. But this guy has more mobility. If he could gain weight, even with reduced mobility from the weight gain, he'd still have Gobert-like mobility, combined with Gobert level freakish length. I don't know how to project a young player's weight gain potential, but if this guy could realistically gain 25 pounds, I want him! He has enough mobility to play PF as well if he can't gain enough weight, and could be a nice stretch 4 prospect if he can develop 3 point range.

Hell, draft one of them at #28 and another at #33. Your chances of at least one of them panning out long-term are pretty decent. You can then reach some sort of buyout agreement with Mozgov. He will realize that he won't get any PT here, and that he could still get a decent contract offer from some other team.

Wait up fellas this is a link for the 2018 mock draft. That draft next year is going to destroy the 2017 class. I almost wouldn't mind loosing our pick this year just to get a shot at Porter or Bamba.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

That's the problem. Even if he gains weight, I still think he's soft.

He doesn't have Gobert-like mobility now, and there's no guarantee that if he bulks up, that he'd get the mobility either.

Position is more important than the physical tools. Dude gets pushed around a lot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

Wait up fellas this is a link for the 2018 mock draft. That draft next year is going to destroy the 2017 class. I almost wouldn't mind loosing our pick this year just to get a shot at Porter or Bamba.

Tony Bradley declared without an agent and is participating in workouts.

If we get the Top 3 2017 pick, there's no 2018 pick.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

It is tough to say because Zubac is just 19, he clearly has a lot to develop in terms of conditioning so I'd say at this point yes, but we really don't know after a couple of seasons under a NBA program what kind of physical tools we can expect from Zubac in his prime.

Had a chance to play some pickup ball with Rik many moons ago. I do see similarities. If Zu becomes this efficient
(terrible video) we have something, even in the modern small ball NBA.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

Oh cool! Well heck yes, take him with our 28 pick!

And I know we loose our 2018 pick if we keep our top three this year. I am just thinking it might not be the end of the world if we lost our pick this year and had a shot somewhere in the lottery for that stacked 2018 class. IMO 2018 is KILLER! Fultz would be maybe number 5 or 6 in 2018. Porter looks amazing, Bamba, Ayton, Doncic.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

That's the problem. Even if he gains weight, I still think he's soft.

He doesn't have Gobert-like mobility now, and there's no guarantee that if he bulks up, that he'd get the mobility either.

Position is more important than the physical tools. Dude gets pushed around a lot.
ah ok. I've seen half a DX vid on him so I'll trust your insight haha. DX has Bradley in the 2018 draft though, and Anigbogu is slated at #17, so it's unlikely that he falls to 28.

EDIT- I see that Bradley has declared without an agent so he might be a possibility. He has better stats than Anigbogu (9.8 bpm for Bradley compared to 2.7 for Anigbogu). Anigbogu is a better shot blocker though.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
dao wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
dao wrote:

7'7 wingpsan 210lbs

For sure I'd take Bradley over Jeanne, but is it realistic to expect him to be there? If Bradley stays in the draft I have a hard time seeing him slip to 28. I mean, is there really that big of a difference between him and Jarrett Allen?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Zubac back in the gym

https://twitter.com/Lakerstweet1/status/861670644248793088
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

!...
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Future HOF for sure
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

next great laker center? i was hopeful for robert upshaw but zubac has restored my faith in the position
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Good to see him working on his left. He switched his pivot foot so it's a good thing he plays in the NBA.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Good to see him working on his left. He switched his pivot foot so it's a good thing he plays in the NBA.

You're legally allowed to do that in the post as long as you shoot before you come down.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

You're legally allowed to do that in the post as long as you shoot before you come down.

Wat
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Wat

https://twitter.com/beastliest/status/860071432616792064

0:40 seconds
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

romeo wrote:
next great laker center? i was hopeful for robert upshaw but zubac has restored my faith in the position

Let's take it one step at a time. I'd be thrilled if he could reach Bynum's prime levels.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Wat

Thank you.

That's a change. Pivot was always supposed to remain planted. So is this new? And it only applies in the post?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

Wat

Thank you.

That's a change. Pivot was always supposed to remain planted. So is this new? And it only applies in the post?

It's been this way for a while. Same for NCAA and high school.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 177 of 290
Jump to: